Scheduled server maintenance 11pm PDT 5/31/16

Options
thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
Hey everyone
We will be having our regular server maintenance tonight at 11pm PDT. Tonight's maintenance is just a restart so there are no patch notes. We expect maintenance to last about 3 hours so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience

- The PWI Crew

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    It's already past 11pm PDT domino, bad CM. tiger-7.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    Any updates to the issues the community has brought to your attention? Namely the starlight crystal npc? How about a heads up on when this TW season may end?
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    I'm just curious... Why does a restart require 3 hours? I'm guessing there's some OS maint done while server's down? Maybe logs saved/backed up, etc?
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    Options
    They need to check a lot of things, players, NPCs, make sure everything is working properly. I think domino said that in the last livestream
  • kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    They need to check a lot of things, players, NPCs, make sure everything is working properly. I think domino said that in the last livestream

Need an actually do are two different things sadly :(.
  • dblazen1
    Options
    I'm just curious... Why does a restart require 3 hours? I'm guessing there's some OS maint done while server's down? Maybe logs saved/backed up, etc?

Because it's not a PC you're just restarting in a few seconds.
    You can do a google search and you'll find a bunch of threads asking the same question.
    What PWE exactly does, is something the community won't be able to tell you, but generally it's more than just a restart.

There's all sorts of things they have to test to ensure the game is running properly after restarting the server.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• forgets2flush
    forgets2flush Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    Having worked in a data center and I'm betting there are more than a few databases running to make this game "work", so it not just as simple as rebooting the servers. No doubt the databases need to be shutdown and restarted in a particular order. Mess up that order and you might to get those nice little rollbacks like they had a few years back.
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Because it's not a PC you're just restarting in a few seconds.
    You can do a google search and you'll find a bunch of threads asking the same question.
    What PWE exactly does, is something the community won't be able to tell you, but generally it's more than just a restart.

There's all sorts of things they have to test to ensure the game is running properly after restarting the server.​​

• clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    Options
    And yet the game usually still runs like sh.. after or worse

GO FIGURE - LMAO
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    Thank you very much to fix the Blessing Agent NPC.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    It got fixed early?! Freaking ninja fixes man
  • kartter
    kartter Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    It won't, just thought....Wow...Ehh...Blehh....Not fixed yet.....
    Will fix anytime? Or atleast if ppls send ticket can we NPC the Crystals &Get Shard via mail? Or we must wait more Month(s)?
  • tuttle
    Options
    The longer this npc goes without being fixed, despite pwi being aware of the problem, the more likely they are to be facing BBB complaints and/or lawsuits for false advertising
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    tuttle wrote: »
    The longer this npc goes without being fixed, despite pwi being aware of the problem, the more likely they are to be facing BBB complaints and/or lawsuits for false advertising

Considering that the NPC is trading same type of mats (pack drops with expiration dates) that don't expire for months and these starlight crystals don't expire until 9/30/2016 I doubt none of your complaints to the BBB or lawsuits are going to do much until then. I'll wait until 10/1/2016 before I even think about complaining about this issue.
  • tuttle
    Options
    Actually, it can be considered a bait and switch method of false advertising on California state law, which due to their HQ location is CERTAINLY a states laws they'd have to abide by.
  • jadasia
    Options
    Actually, it can be considered a bait and switch method of false advertising on California state law, which due to their HQ location is CERTAINLY a states laws they'd have to abide by.

No bait and switch when the offer to redeem the item doesn't expire until 9/30/2016.
  • lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User
    Options
    Yep, won't be a bait and switch until the items actually expire.
  • tuttle
    Options
    False, the bait and switch existed as soon as they put the tune of fortunes in

Source? I just passed the bar in Minnesota in November of last year. Minnesota's laws on this matter are worded the EXACT same as California. So yes, there is already the possibility for a case against PWI - otherwise they could continually push back expiration for 3-6 months at a time, until one day the game finally goes dark.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options

Source? I just passed the bar in Minnesota in November of last year. Minnesota's laws on this matter are worded the EXACT same as California. So yes, there is already the possibility for a case against PWI - otherwise they could continually push back expiration for 3-6 months at a time, until one day the game finally goes dark.

"Me sue, Me make you pay because me is very angry and can't wait for a fix because me take game too seriously.
    ME WANT IT FIXED NAAAAW"

If you're gonna try to sue the company then try it and stop posting about it, you're just looking ridiculous by doing so.
    If you win, hey congratz or something, hope it's worth the legal fees and stuff, if you don't win then you don't, and maybe you can finally shut up.

Empty threats is all I see ;)

Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with maintenance anymore and should be shut down since it got so derailed.
    If you want to keep this topic going, talk directly with Domino or something, we don't care about the lil court case you're trying to pull off... Maybe I shouldn't post this, or I'll be sued too :O

@SylenThunder Just tagging you to bring attention to this thread.

Mr. Justice
  • jadasia
    edited June 2016
    Options
    nbreaking wrote: »

"Me sue, Me make you pay because me is very angry and can't wait for a fix because me take game too seriously.
    ME WANT IT FIXED NAAAAW"

If you're gonna try to sue the company then try it and stop posting about it, you're just looking ridiculous by doing so.
    If you win, hey congratz or something, hope it's worth the legal fees and stuff, if you don't win then you don't, and maybe you can finally shut up.

Empty threats is all I see ;)

Anyways, this thread has nothing to do with maintenance anymore and should be shut down since it got so derailed.
    If you want to keep this topic going, talk directly with Domino or something, we don't care about the lil court case you're trying to pull off... Maybe I shouldn't post this, or I'll be sued too :O

@SylenThunder Just tagging you to bring attention to this thread.

lol Agree. Besides if he just passed the bar in any state then he would know that his case wouldn't even rise above a small claims action anyway. The damages if any are minuscule to say the least.
  • dblazen1
    Options
    Oh god, people are going on the "LOL LETS SUE THEM" path again?
    Maybe read the ToS that you agreed to when you made your account.

Like a single one of you persons would win this kind of case, lol.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

This discussion has been closed.