AFK diggers at the grinding machine

Options
jojojojocat
jojojojocat Posts: 1 Arc User
I'm so freaking sick and tired of players auto-clicking at the grinding machine to fill up their bags for their jolly jones quest. But honestly, if you are going to do it, have the common courtesy of pausing between each dig so you are only digging when no one else needs it.

I'm calling all other players who are also annoyed by this to start submitting tickets about anyone who is doing this. Maybe if enough tickets go out, PWI will either ban them, or maybe change the quest so that that it makes this kind of afk digging useless.

Regardless, if you are caught afk digging, I WILL TICKET... especially if you don't give a gap of time between digs for other players to get their quest done.

nuff said. (super annoyed and fed up)

Comments

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    Options
    as much as i agree with you on this. there have been several threads in the past about this very thing, so good luck
  • kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Uh oh you gonna send a ticket I am sure you have got the players doing this real scared now!
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    Options
    teabagg wrote: »
    why is this jolly jones still in the damn game?It needs to be taken out because its exploited by alts..you stinkin devs!!
    So there is a problem and instead of fixing it, punish the people who don't break the rules? That sounds nice.. If a player has proof that someone is breaking the rules, they can send a ticket, if they'd like. But why should the rest of the players lose something useful and helpful?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    darky26 wrote: »
    teabagg wrote: »
    why is this jolly jones still in the damn game?It needs to be taken out because its exploited by alts..you stinkin devs!!
    So there is a problem and instead of fixing it, punish the people who don't break the rules? That sounds nice.. If a player has proof that someone is breaking the rules, they can send a ticket, if they'd like. But why should the rest of the players lose something useful and helpful?

sorry but with the current fixes for quests lvl up is easy so you cant stay in lvl 79 all the time. It's clearly abuse.
    Think all the other stuff that they removed from the game that you could make coins, soon it will be JJ quests to be out
  • darky26
    edited May 2016
    Options
    beast21g wrote: »
    sorry but with the current fixes for quests lvl up is easy so you cant stay in lvl 79 all the time. It's clearly abuse.
    Think all the other stuff that they removed from the game that you could make coins, soon it will be JJ quests to be out
    If the regular quests gave more coins, then no one would bother with JoJ quests. So there. One could increase the rewards from the quests and everyone be happy.
    Removing JoJ is totally fine with me, but replace it with other quests with similar rewards.
    Post edited by darky26 on
  • firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just like any other quest that requires you to dig, but only the amount the quest says. If it says dig 3, only let you dig 3..Doesn't seem to hard of a fix.

But yes, I do hate people using a Auto Clicker to do the digging while they are afk, and no one else can get a turn digging.
  • itspinkyamy
    itspinkyamy Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    Remove the JOJ!!!! fox-1.giffox-25.giffox-2.gif​​
  • darky26
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Remove the JOJ!!!! fox-1.giffox-25.giffox-2.gif​​
    Nuuuu. Nope. 0F0NAY7.gif?1
  • ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    Options
    It is known that some of those auto-clickers admited on chat that they did it because they wanted JOJ to be removed. Many good solutions have been proposed by the playerbase, but sadly, as an ultimate solution they will probably remove it. Because it's not only the fact that someone decides to leave an auto-clicker there, but also the fact that, even if you take turns with someone else to dig the grinding machine, they don't do it and that's where (if you previously managed to kill your index finger and be faster than the auto-clicker) the bot who was auto-clicking regains control of the grinding machine. And what does this means? Why are there "so many" people AFK around JOJ? Could possibly mean that there are not so many people, but only a few which are massively multi-clienting (you know, people who logs more than two accounts at a time), and that's a problem too. Such problem could not be solved even if they added a grinding machine at each starting zone (and added a JOJ NPC at the new races starting zones), so it would be better if a GM could drop from time to time, and scan the area for massive multi-clienters and auto-click botters.
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    If the regular quests gave more coins, then no one would bother with JoJ quests. So there. One could increase the rewards from the quests and everyone be happy.
    Removing JoJ is totally fine with me, but replace it with other quests with similar rewards.

of course they give, but here we are talking for people that abuse the JoJ quest for years to make coins. None of the new players or a person that plays daily can be lvl79 for 8 years and digging 24hours
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

of course they give, but here we are talking for people that abuse the JoJ quest for years to make coins. None of the new players or a person that plays daily can be lvl79 for 8 years and digging 24hours

Who the hell digs 24 hours for 8 years? Bounty Orders Quests from Jolly Old Jones are not in game for 8 years.
    And how many people have you seen digging 24 hours? There are only 3-4 people using a bot at advance grinding machine. Most of people are trying to dig manually.
    People like you amaze me. You dont ask PWI to do something against the bot. You ask them to remove the quests.
    So I guess that in real life a shop gets robbed multiple times by the same person the police advice for the owner of the shop should be to close the shop not that they should work harder in catching the culprit no?
    giphy.gif

• artixstar90
    artixstar90 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    there is a temporary way to get the digs in. if you notice an autoclicker, stand on top of the machine. this will disrupt them until they reposition the bot. which when they do you can just move a little to block them again.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Options
    As far as I know, China doesn't have JOJ, and it's China who does all the price fixes to struggle with numerous bots. So, as long as JOJ doesn't harm the PWI market as chinese bots harm theirs, it will stay. It's up to PWE though, they may decide whatever and whenever.​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah I've tried that by having so many people get on their mounts and sit on the machine when someone was botting. I mean sure when no one is digging I do stay digging until someone needed the machine and I go off finishing my quests but then you'll have people staying on mounts or animal form constantly digging there after. Bit annoying but you get days where its smooth.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • igoplop
    igoplop Posts: 124 Arc User
    Options
    So i know this guy who knows this guy that met this other guy that possibly once pulled Jewelscalen all the way to the jolly area and the bots went plop.

Jk, i don't know anyone... and to do such a thing is clearly wrong...
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    igoplop wrote: »
    So i know this guy who knows this guy that met this other guy that possibly once pulled Jewelscalen all the way to the jolly area and the bots went plop.

I am so conflicted over this. I don't even...
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    Options

:D
  • firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options

LOL That would force them to gear up so they don't die....Lets go kill some Bot's LOL
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    Options

LOL That would force them to gear up so they don't die....Lets go kill some Bot's LOL

fire ambassador does wonders with a psy in white voodoo