Mystic VS SB VS Sin

Options
banibe
banibe Posts: 73 Arc User
Mystic VS SB VS Sin. which is better for pvp. i want to know, do mystic out power SB's damage?? can an end game SB beat end game sin?? can mystic beat end game sb/sin?. i'm stuck between the 3 classes and need pick 1 to make main for PVP. please give me opinions

Comments

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    End game SB can kill any other end game char because their ulti is broken to hell. Ulti aside, end game SB vs end game sin who knows what their doing is gonna end up with each other counting the others buffs and waiting to see who slips up first ( I literally start counting to 60 every time a Sin pops tidal to know when I have a shot at stun locking/debuffing, then the sin stealth or immune and I wait till the next cycle).

Not sure on mystic vs sin, and not too sure on mystic vs sb since I haven't fought one in at least months, but the whole insta healing thing counters SBs fast multi attacks pretty hard, as well as their self buff reducing water damge. Mystic would probably have the advatage since SB would need a stun +lucky crits to kill...or a 1 shot like say their br9ken ulti.

Honestly the better question is, which Class do you like playing more and do you like 1v1s or mass? SB is high teir in 1v1 imo, and godly in mass, sin is godly in 1v1 and good in mass, mystics almost never die in 1v1 and good in mass. All 3 are good classes, go with the one you enjoy playing with the most.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

End game SB can kill any other end game char because their ulti is broken to hell. Ulti aside, end game SB vs end game sin who knows what their doing is gonna end up with each other counting the others buffs and waiting to see who slips up first ( I literally start counting to 60 every time a Sin pops tidal to know when I have a shot at stun locking/debuffing, then the sin stealth or immune and I wait till the next cycle).

Not sure on mystic vs sin, and not too sure on mystic vs sb since I haven't fought one in at least months, but the whole insta healing thing counters SBs fast multi attacks pretty hard, as well as their self buff reducing water damge. Mystic would probably have the advatage since SB would need a stun +lucky crits to kill...or a 1 shot like say their br9ken ulti.

Honestly the better question is, which Class do you like playing more and do you like 1v1s or mass? SB is high teir in 1v1 imo, and godly in mass, sin is godly in 1v1 and good in mass, mystics almost never die in 1v1 and good in mass. All 3 are good classes, go with the one you enjoy playing with the most.

About the mystic self buff reducing water dmg. SB has metal damage in the arsenal so wouldnt be wise for a SB to use skills that deals metal dmg against a mystic?
    giphy.gif

• demansfairy
    edited May 2016
    Options
    null
    Of course, the problem is our stuns and dps increasing skill are all water based ( ice bullet, tidal force, lunar surge, fridge thunder, downburst, and frozen lightning and thundersnow are half water and are some of our stongest spells ) only other CC skill non water we gave us devouring darkness and that does no damage.
  • kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    banibe said:

Mystic VS SB VS Sin. which is better for pvp. i want to know, do mystic out power SB's damage?? can an end game SB beat end game sin?? can mystic beat end game sb/sin?. i'm stuck between the 3 classes and need pick 1 to make main for PVP. please give me opinions

All those classes are top tier for group PvP and 1v1. However if you're asking which class will have the most advantage in terms of 1v1,then out of those 3 classes assassin will be your safest pick especially if you plan on aiming for end game gear. However if you're choosing a caster, then between SB and Mystic I would say either one will do very well endgame, it just depends what your play style is and what you prefer, if you go with SB you will probably have a bit more fun due to the variety of skills available to you, however if you go with mystic you will be much safer due to your ability to heal.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    All three classes are good at different aspects of pvp. Sin is great at 1v1, SB is great at mass pvp, mystic is respectable in both.

Mystic typically beats both those classes 1v1. Mystic's water defense neuters a large portion of SB's damage, and sin has trouble beating purify proc + falling petals. Mystics have their own bad matchups though so don't read too much into that.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    Mystics have their own bad matchups

Only horrible matchup i know is your mystic in nw capn. 15~20 vs 1 capn at a crystal. Does not matter, no one will get the crystal onion-51.gif. Every time i see a mystic in mass pvp i go in the opposite direction even it is towards the enemy camp, safer than fighting those mystics on my bm.

As for OP, 1 vs 1 = rare in this game, finding people at your gear + level willing to do open pk/duel is hard.

Mass pvp = gear + farming time mostly. Once you have farmed all the passives and leveled all the things, you are competitive. Otherwise even having the best gear refined to +10 will still you get one shot from time to time. Find out which class you like to play, which class you prefer in using to kill other classes by using skills. Once you get better gear, items, farming done you will know how to have fun.​​
  • banibe
    Options
    hehe ty guys :smiley: and i also appreciate that everyone agreed to disagree on some stuff and didn't turn into fighting :D
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    Options
    Just to drop some extra input on Mystics xDD A endgame mystic has always easy game on a Storm in 1on1 since (if you are fighting selfbuffed and you have to cause the myst is not dying with buffs at all) the myst can literally oneshot the Storm with Absorb Soul xD and I enjoy it every time when I have that opportunity on my Mystic :dizzy:

Imho...Sin is just tidal. Absolutely nothing else. Just tidal.

Storms are awesome in any aspect but they are also very squishy if they are not buffed/purged.

Mystics are gods. An absolute endgame mystic is an absolute pain to kill even for multiple endgame players and the support-ability of mystics is beyond meassure xDD

If ya wanna see what Mystics/Storms can do, just check out my Youtube Channel (link in the signature) :D
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    Just to drop some extra input on Mystics xDD A endgame mystic has always easy game on a Storm in 1on1 since (if you are fighting selfbuffed and you have to cause the myst is not dying with buffs at all) the myst can literally oneshot the Storm with Absorb Soul xD and I enjoy it every time when I have that opportunity on my Mystic :dizzy:

Storms are awesome in any aspect but they are also very squishy if they are not buffed/purged.

Mystics are gods. An absolute endgame mystic is an absolute pain to kill even for multiple endgame players and the support-ability of mystics is beyond meassure xDD

If ya wanna see what Mystics/Storms can do, just check out my Youtube Channel (link in the signature) :D
    What's sad is that it is so freaking rare to see a Mystic that actually knows how to use their skills properly and effectively in mass PvP. Hell, it's rare to see end-game mystics even. At least on TT it is.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @sylenthunder Very true. This class is way too underrated. I always love having a mystic around me in Mass-PvP, makes you feel alot more secure xD
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    The funny fact is I can kill @jsxshadows ' stormbringer through manuevering about through the CDs on a DB but a mystic is damn near immortal UNLESS I hit the annular eclipse in time which isnt as easy as it sounds esp if you fighting a skilled mystic who knows not to spam heals vs a db xD
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • kiymori
    kiymori Posts: 29 Arc User
    Options
    Yep mystic is a highly underrated class, if they had the same HP absorb debuff clerics have now that would be just sad..
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Endgame mystic PvP 101:
    1. Spam heal yourself indefinitely
    2. You will get purify spell on you at some point anyway
    3. Wait for someone to do one slip up or just try to use a seal on someone every now and then
    4. Proceed to attempt to kill enemy
    5. Go back to step 1

That's pretty much my experience with higher geared mystics when I was still doing NW.
    Maybe it's better with that paralyze skill some classes have now, but that's a small window to kill a mystic​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• banibe
    Options
    jsxshadow said:

hahaha you're one of the reasons why i'm debating on mystic/sb. i watch your sb pk vids a lot and it's an honor to have you reply to my post :)
  • jsxshadow
    Options
    @banibe xD I am glad I could kindle your fire to play one of those amazing classes :) If you just wanna go with the fun aspect, go with the Storm. Mystics are awesome, but unless you wanna go support-mode it could get a bit monotone to play her since there is not much variety on how to kill people. Mystic is more a strategic class whilst Storms are more action based so to say :D
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    psychic
  • demansfairy
    Options
    null
    Hahaha no, take it from someone who mained an end game psy for years, they seem nice but they are horribly gear dependent, heavily chi dependent, and dispute the fact that have black voodoo for damge (at the cost of lowering defense) the fact they have no debuffs and little CC make their damge output laughable in 1v1s ( though they are good in mass), they are the archers of arcanes.
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    Options
    None is better, they all have strengths and weaknesses.

SB: CC kills them, 1v1 caster fight kills them, however they own melees.

Sin: Heavy CC OP class, but again, CC kills them easy if focused too much. They do the fastest killing at the expense of putting themselves in the middle of enemy zone.

Mystic: weakest of the 3- intended to be a PVE healer/fighter class with some PVP aspects. Their pets don't stay alive very long in pvp(1 shot), and you don't have much CC to back off melees and casters always have an easy time killing you unless you spam heal, in which cause you'll get ganged up on by everyone and no chance to fight back(or go r9rr +12 and be unkillable).
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    It's either Mystic or SB at this point.

Remember SB has two nice physical damage dealing moves: 3 thunder ball Supercell (Basically a Metal version of Wiz's Blade Tempest) And Perigean Tide (Which is how I deal with that stupid Mystic buff while debuffing metal resist at the same time).

I was a Mystic main for 2 years, and I have to say switching to SB as a main has been a very rewarding and satisfying experience.
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!