PWI maths

Options
sontzu
sontzu Posts: 965 Arc User
So I noticed the rep badges in boutique can now be bought in quantities of 100 at a time for 1 gold.

Ok, but... buying them 50 at a time costs 45 silver...

Seriously, do you guys ever check this stuff? That's a pretty basic mistake, I think my 2 year old grandson might do better
Sparafucile - Harshlands Dawnglory... pfft
*satirical image removed by pwi*
Sparafucile: Sweetiebot, ppl is NOT a word
Sweetiebot: Your face is not a word

Comments

• firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    Options
    They pray on the Dumb that don't do the math to see what the better deal might be.
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Remember when they charged 60 gold for a GST? :D
    PWI never learns​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    Options
    Yay for Girl Power month.
    NGTUy53.png

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    What this actually is, is a case of targeted advertising. This is where you intentionally drop the price of one item in order to meet a specific metric. Prices of these discounts have been discussed way in advance to the item actually being released or marked down. The reason why is to make it more accessible to people who may not have the means to get 100, may be on the fence in buying the full 100, or may not need the full 10.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    Domino, why attempt to rationalize a deliberate reason behind a simple pricing error. It just makes you guys look worse.

There is no logical rationale for making two 50 packs cost less than a single 100 pack. Claiming that this price scheme was discussed and specifically chosen by your marketing team only indicates that they have no idea of what they are doing.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Options
    Not rationalizing it. It was what they told me when I asked earlier today. :)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    It makes perfect sense from a marketing standpoint.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options

It does. I see this all the time in the real world myself. It really helps move inventory with targeted pricing.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    So you're complaining on a slightly better deal..... Ok so it appears to be a slight error but in no wat negatively effects you jesus u people find any reason to flame GMs but the moment items go missing or you feel scam first person you cry like ....... to is GMs good game man...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Options
    There have been some pretty interesting pricing instances (When Dragon Orb Oceans went on sale for way less than they were supposed to years ago) or when GST sales are in tandem with Mysterious Chip sales (where the obvious choice is to buy the 2.50$ stack of Mysterious Chip Boxes that equals 1 GST as opposed to 3$ per GST on sale. You're weighing your time opening those chip packs against buying 1 GST outright). If there are errors, most people will capitalize on them and not say a word when selling among players. If you were a thrifty individual, you'd hone in on the 50 for 45 silver obviously, but psychologically x100 for 1 gold may click faster - even though you know inherently its the better deal for the two 45 silver stacks. But that's just my general musings on the matter.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    jadasia said:

It does. I see this all the time in the real world myself. It really helps move inventory with targeted pricing.
    The real world has coupons and sales that are used to get a customer to try a product they wouldn't otherwise buy, but only in limited quantities. This doesn't apply here, where the target audience is buying in the thousands to get rep for R8/R9. There is no limit to the number of reduced cost packs one could buy so there is no justification for the bulk pack to cost more.

If the reduced cost only applied to the first pack, then it would make sense, just like promotions do in the real world.
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    in the real world, there is a certain stock u want to have sold. the item u want to sell or items are literally sitting somewhere, eating money to be stored.

this is not the case in some pixel related items. like NOT AT ALL
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    What this actually is, is a case of targeted advertising. This is where you intentionally drop the price of one item in order to meet a specific metric. Prices of these discounts have been discussed way in advance to the item actually being released or marked down. The reason why is to make it more accessible to people who may not have the means to get 100, may be on the fence in buying the full 100, or may not need the full 10.

or short: They are hoping for stupid people to come by and buy 100 for 1 gold to make more money :)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • daymond
    daymond Posts: 273 Arc User
    Options
    Not rationalizing it. It was what they told me when I asked earlier today. :)

That's hilarious, because when you purchase the 100 for 1 gold it only actually charges 90 silver.
    ie. They completely made that reason up. The reality is that the price displayed and the price it charges are completely different.
    In this particular case it works out in the client's favor but you guys may want to look into that,
    ​​
    alFcxeg.png
    www.Kniraven.com | Youtube.com/Kniraven | Twitch.TV/Kniraven | Facebook.com/Kniraven
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    Options
    perrion said:

jadasia said:

The real world has coupons and sales that are used to get a customer to try a product they wouldn't otherwise buy, but only in limited quantities. This doesn't apply here, where the target audience is buying in the thousands to get rep for R8/R9. There is no limit to the number of reduced cost packs one could buy so there is no justification for the bulk pack to cost more.

If the reduced cost only applied to the first pack, then it would make sense, just like promotions do in the real world.
    So? Incentives are incentives whether pixels or real world goods regardless. I have seen many items priced like this. Some places sell in bulk quantity no coupon or sales but then I find the same items packaged at a cheaper price in smaller quantities. Hardware and food both. I see no problem with it if it works for the vendor.
  • jamesburr36
    jamesburr36 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    "in this thread you can really see which ppl stick their noses in it and who doesnt"

And with a comment like this you are really one to tell anyone else to tone it down.

I know people who use multiple catshops in the same area running tricks like this among other tricks in each catshop.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    +1 post count before this gets closed tiger-2.giftiger-37.giftiger-37.gif​​
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options

"in this thread you can really see which ppl stick their noses in it and who doesnt"

And with a comment like this you are really one to tell anyone else to tone it down.

I know people who use multiple catshops in the same area running tricks like this among other tricks in each catshop.

those ppl actually got stocks of items ....

pwi is just making em up from hot air ...

apples and oranges .. but hey,, its pwi forums ... so i guess ur right?!?
This discussion has been closed.