Implying things haven't been out of hand for 6 years now
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    What the hell are you talking about OP?
    giphy.gif

• crazone
    crazone Posts: 4 Arc User

people are making the bound mats mailed out to people tradeable by using a glitch, then selling them. I'd post how but ... i don't wanna get myself into trouble :P
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    crazone said:

people are making the bound mats mailed out to people tradeable by using a glitch, then selling them. I'd post how but ... i don't wanna get myself into trouble :P
    What bound mats? In boutique the mats for making boundless r9 gear are treadable. Or are you talking about those 5 adamantine powder that PW have send through mail?
    giphy.gif

• crazone
    crazone Posts: 4 Arc User
    yes, the ones mailed out not the ones from boutique
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Why is this even a big deal idk about this but i swear any glitch people find reasons to just complain and complain because they either aren't in on it or people they dislike got something nice.... BECAUSE WE'RE ADULTS RIGHT.... Majority of the glitches I wasnt even around for except the dragon orbs that was hilarious and I caught wind of the elysium seals few days after they supposedly changed them. I have no gripe at all ill eventually get it through hardwork and still outwork many chill out people...
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    blazerboy said:

Why is this even a big deal idk about this but i swear any glitch people find reasons to just complain and complain because they either aren't in on it or people they dislike got something nice.... BECAUSE WE'RE ADULTS RIGHT.... Majority of the glitches I wasnt even around for except the dragon orbs that was hilarious and I caught wind of the elysium seals few days after they supposedly changed them. I have no gripe at all ill eventually get it through hardwork and still outwork many chill out people...

Not only this but to be honest how can you enforce bans here? Pretty much everyone is abusing it, not only that but there is no way to tell if you legit bought them from people and if those people glitched them or if you glitched them yourself.

It is against the ToS though, but there's nothing they can do about this to be honest. If they make them all bound they'll just be **** over the people that got them in a legit way so... If they ban people who glitched because somehow they are able to target those, then you'll be playing alone this time, cause as far as i'm aware, everyone and their mother glitched them.

It's a tricky situation, it is against the rules but nothing they can do here without harming themselves cause:

- If they bind them the people who got them in a legit way will give them the finger and not buy the boutique stuff anymore
    - If they ban the people who abused it, well, good job killing your game cause pretty much everyone abused it :|

Mr. Justice
  • o0tempest0o
    o0tempest0o Posts: 7 Arc User
    i don't even think they can tell who glitched them and who legitely has tradable ones. and since its a botique item i imagine its a harder fix then being lazy and "binding" all powders like they did with seals. but they better hurry thats thousands of dollars in free mats pwi is losing. considering each one is 1.5g maybe that might light a fire under their ****.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    I demand 3x drops + 10x exp for 1 month because of all these glitches with event gold, r9 mats, and not giving exp pills to everyone multiple times. WS1AuNl.png​​
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    How's about you stop caring for this kind of thing and play legit not caring what others are doing? They won't ban anyone over it, nevertheless goons glitch which many got to keep their 105 glitched xp chars over.
  • o0tempest0o
    o0tempest0o Posts: 7 Arc User
    ohhh... the glitches are FAR beyond that >.> there are also HS items and elysium seals are popping up again. still tradable event gold, and the adamantium powders. and its near impossible to fix them. If they were smart they would make them not stack. there are 2 types of socket stones, 2 types of meridian pills (normal and holy) and those don't stack? why can't they do the same for these items?
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    noone cares... stop qqing
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    For goodness sakes...

you would think they would check this after the whole Fiasco with R9 mats years ago.​​
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    maybe he says about adamantine powder from login event
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    One thing not completely related but that came to my mind while reading this is:
    Are those bounded materials from login event compatible with the boutique ones?

What I mean is:
    Let's say I got 5 powders from login, I would need 495 more for a Boundless r9 weapon (from the 500 in total)
    So my doubt is: Can this 5 bounded powders be used along with 495 not bounded ones?

I know that this question may sound dumb for many people but the thing is that there are forges that just ask you to have mats in your bag (like TT forges), while others that ask you to draw each kind of mat to the corresponding slot (like Nirvana forges)
    If the boundless gear forges are like Nirvana ones I dont see the way you can use those free mats along with the Boutique ones.

• johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Bumping this cos pw doesnt seem to get the message. Are they intentionally sending out glitchable powders so ppl can sell them for coin because this is the second time its popped up for login rewards and not fixed. not even a code for once per account but rewards for every eligeable toon? Since they can change wordings on hypers/scrolls/socket stones to make the free ones not stackable with boutique ones, why cant they do it with this? I coulda sworn i saw a topic on this being closed the last time because it was "fixed" but i could be wrong.

p.s. not QQing cos ppl glitch a couple of adam.powders, but cos ppl glitch 150+ and literally make over 200m every time it happens. At this rate, pw might as well just give out free Excitement cards every couple days for login rewards
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    your crying about the wrong thing.
    1. first off you can't ban an entire server. Your company dies.
    2. its the company's fault that they didn't properly test their items before releasing them to the public
    3. you can't ban people for your own mistake, thats just stupid
    4. tbh this is good anyways, coin is disappearing so so fast from the servers right now. This is the first time in like 2 years gold has been under 4m each.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • dragonwhy0004
    dragonwhy0004 Posts: 4 Arc User

Bumping this cos pw doesnt seem to get the message. Are they intentionally sending out glitchable powders so ppl can sell them for coin because this is the second time its popped up for login rewards and not fixed. not even a code for once per account but rewards for every eligeable toon? Since they can change wordings on hypers/scrolls/socket stones to make the free ones not stackable with boutique ones, why cant they do it with this? I coulda sworn i saw a topic on this being closed the last time because it was "fixed" but i could be wrong.

p.s. not QQing cos ppl glitch a couple of adam.powders, but cos ppl glitch 150+ and literally make over 200m every time it happens. At this rate, pw might as well just give out free Excitement cards every couple days for login rewards

You can't say they might as well give out excitement cards...they generate in game coin from npc's. Glitching and selling these mats only gives people the opportunity to gain money from other players, and allows those players a cheaper r9 upgrade, for now.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    your crying about the wrong thing.
    1. first off you can't ban an entire server. Your company dies.
    2. its the company's fault that they didn't properly test their items before releasing them to the public
    3. you can't ban people for your own mistake, thats just stupid
    4. tbh this is good anyways, coin is disappearing so so fast from the servers right now. This is the first time in like 2 years gold has been under 4m each.

1 and 2 are proper reasoning, 3 not so much.
    You can ban people for abusing a glitch, it wouldn't be the first time it'd happen and it certainly won't be the last. Not punishing people for abusing something that's not supposed to work in that way is what is stupid and what causes situations like these to happen; because they know PWE won't do anything anyway.​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• ironpwner
    ironpwner Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I've seen many times people complain about non-CS players getting something nice from PWI for free. Most of the times their argument is it would create in-game inflation (like when they were going to give a 9m big note to every character lvl 50+ as part of a log in event, which was later changed to a War Avatar Pack B ). Problem is, prices on useful end game stuff have been high since then, even though they change or reduce potential coins making freebies. So what's actually causing in-game inflation?

But more on topic, just the other night I saw on WC someone saying another player threatened to report everyone selling Adamantine Powders for under 4m coins, and this person is a well know CSer. Which brings me to the question: What is actually motivating players to ask for such bans? What motivated that CS player to threaten people selling for so cheap? Would it have been ok if people would've been selling them for 4m or more? (obvious answer to that last one).

While it is wrong to abuse a glitch, as the ToS establishes, there are glitches in-game which seem to be abused, yet no one makes a thread about them and they seem to be accepted. It makes me wonder if only when it's economically related makes people mad about a glitch.

IMO they should just remove boundless R9 from our version of PW. We were good without it. Few people will be able to get it with the initial price that the materials had on the boutique, and even with the current discount it would cost a lot. For a side-grade? Doens't seem so well, considering you'd first need to get R9S3. They'd have to drastically cut the sale price down to at least 75% off, and maybe people would start buying it, instead of glitching it, because even CSers are glitching it.

And before anyone says it: yes, I know it is an optional side-grade and no one is forcing anyone to do it.
    Post edited by ironpwner on
    War. War never changes. Memento mori
  • zigheart92
    zigheart92 Posts: 54 Arc User
    What makes me wonder is why they haven't even attempted to fix this when they are losing 5$ per toon giving them away free, that doesn't seem like much individually but it adds up when you multiply that across the players, considering most have 4-5 characters that qualify on multiple accounts.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    They are more gaining than loosing by giving them away.
    If they didn't give them away, there wouldn't be many people who would even as much as try for r9.4, making PWE not earn anything at all.
    Giving them away, making multiple people buy the last mat needed. I think they already earnt more money than if this "glitch" never happened. And more are still buying.
    The glitch is favor for both us and them because of the ridiculous price they started to set.

Binding them would be unfair to people who bought powders from boutique. What if anybody are banking them somewhere on a character where they dont need them, or merchanting them and whatever lol. Yea they should move them to a character where they need, but not everybody check forum.
    Making them unable to stack with eachother may result in some issues for the crafting forge, getting all 500 powders by urself purely from login promos and raffles are never gonna happen, thus making the powdersthey give away completely worthless and just NPC food.

This shouldnt be handled as simple as the seals, or at least I do not hope they will.. Does it even need to be handled? >.> Leaving them all tradeable is best imo
    Post edited by shopcheese on
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User

What makes me wonder is why they haven't even attempted to fix this when they are losing 5$ per toon giving them away free, that doesn't seem like much individually but it adds up when you multiply that across the players, considering most have 4-5 characters that qualify on multiple accounts.

They gain more by doing this, think about it.

You need 100 ingot at 1.5 gold each and 500 adamantine at 1 gold each. This means you would need 650 gold total to upgrade and, from what I know, only 1 person in Tideswell got the upgrade as soon as it was launched in the boutique, so, let's say PWE "won" (for the sake of this argument) 650$ from that 1 person. Pretty much everyone else just decided 650$ for such a small upgrade was useless and hence didn't even bother with it (myself included) since they were going for g17.

Now, here's how they get more. By giving the adamantines, most people got them cheap (again, myself included) and will buy the ingots to finish the upgrade for just 150$. There's a lot of people doing this right now, so, imagine 50 people do it, they buy the ingots because they got adamantine super cheap, then 50x150$=7500$

These numbers are an estimate, I am 100% sure there's more than 50 people going for it on Tideswell since people have been going after them like crazy. I am also pretty sure there was only 1 person who bought it at full price, but hey, even if there were 10 they got 6500$ which is still less...

Is it a glitch? Yes.
    Is it against the ToS? Yes.
    Are they gonna do something about it? No, because they'd have to ban everyone, and i mean... EVERYONE, because everyone and their mothers did it.

Some food for thought... If there is a law and EVERYONE breaks that law... Does everyone go to jail? Probably not, probably they just change the law, but idk, you tell me.

Mr. Justice
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Lel. 'r9r4' was way overpriced anyway, this is good let it be.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    "No, because they'd have to ban everyone, and i mean... EVERYONE, because everyone and their mothers did it."

Sorry, but can't include me on the "everyone" abused the glitch, as I haven't. I have 5 powders *shrug*
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• johndoe#4146
    johndoe#4146 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    If they arent going to do anything about it they should just release a post saying "yeah you can sell it if you want" and ill just sell off all the glitchable items thats been taking up space on all my acounts.

p.s. you dont need to spend $ to buy the remaining items needed after buying glitched cheap powders as you can just use coin from the saved profits to buy gold to buy the other mats. With the amount of gold being traded up and down + stashed coin on lots of merchants, i doubt many if any spent much real money to buy the r9 mats. If people can farm a full r9 set, (and still easily do'able before ppl QQ sying you cant farm now) why cant they farm a measly 100-200 gold worth of coin to buy the balance r9r4 mats? PW makes 0 gains then. OR, give it another 2-3 months and people will have sold enough "extra" adam powders to buy the balance mats with auction house gold. The only people who would have spent real money on this upgrade are the impatient ones who wanted it before everyone else.

the new player base motto seems to be - if its broken and giving you coin leave it, and if its broken and not giving you coin, demand the devs to fix it or give compensation.