login event reset times?

Options
lilliida
lilliida Posts: 41 Arc User
current login event:
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9972393-girl-power!-login-event

last login event it said 12am-12am UTC reset as well, however it was 1am-1am UTC (the separated "days" for login event reset with hyper reset, which is at 5pm server time)

either way, event started yesterday at 10am
so even if it reset at 12am UTC, we shouldve gotten the day 2 reward by now if im correct (thats how its been at every login event so far)
so id like to know, did they change the reset times this time? cos its been day2 for a while now and still ppl havent gotten the 2nd login reward yet...

would be great to know when it resets so we know when to relog =)

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    That's not how time works
    10 am utc to 11:59 am utc
    After that is 12 PM utc, which runs from 12pm to 11:59 PM.
    After 11:59 pm utc comes 12am utc, then it's 12AM to 11:59AM.

After 12 comes 1, so 12:00-12:59 -> 1:00-1:59

Also, the event started at 10AM PDT, not UTC.
    10AM PDT would be 5PM UTC, leaving you with 7 hours till it's 12AM UTC

The whole "The days are separated by UTC time, 12:00AM (midnight) – 12:00AM (midnight next day), except for the first and last days." information is stupid and doesn't inform about anything, it just raises questions.

To which the answers / assumptions are:

* I'm assuming that they mean on "normal days" (not first and last) the login runs from 12:00:00AM UTC to 11:59:59PM UTC (not 12AM UTC because that's reset time, so that's impossible)
    At 12:00:00 AM UTC the reset occurs and then repeats.

* I'm guessing the first day you have 7 hours to qualify for the login, as it starts at 5PM UTC, resets at 12AM UTC.

* Which means: The last day will have the same kind of thing where it runs from 12AM UTC to
    6:59:59PM UTC

Converted to PDT, this would mean that:
    * Normal days run from 5PM PDT to 4:59:59PM PDT, reset occurs at 5PM PDT

* First day runs from 10AM PDT to 4:59:59PM PDT

* Last day runs from 5PM PDT to 11:59:59PM PDT

They should just stick with using 1 timezone format instead of this cluster**** of information
    Had to censor clusterfudge myself, because filter is horrendous and i'd get jailed, @sylenthunder​​
    Post edited by dblazen1 on
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sndrzzz
    sndrzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    Options
    I heard about people receiving Absence Note... which they consider reward of the 2nd day, but i don't see it in the list of rewards. I also havent received anything today, nor Absence note, nor anything....
  • lilliida
    lilliida Posts: 41 Arc User
    Options
    @dblazen1 sorry i think i explained not clearly enough

heres the current UTC time (as u can see, this is 7h ahead of west and 4h ahead of east server time)
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_UTC.aspx

so yes u just proved my point i guess
    when i said 1 or 2am i was referring to my time, which is utc+2, sorry for not specifying that

so assuming from previous login events the days shouldve reset yesterday at 5pm PDT, which they obviously didnt
    unless its as u said and it didnt reset at 5pm on day1, which it didnt for previous events, hence im asking if this is intended or not

@sndrzzz i THINK the absence notes r for the raffle that was announced a few weeks back where they said whenever u completed one of the listed tasks ud get an absence note (sry im too lazy to look for that post)
  • sndrzzz
    Options
    thank you for info, lilliida. I don't think i've done anything connected to that raffle i don't even recall about (and i don't even care much about an absence note) . Either way, i haven't received reward today and the server resets in 2 hours. I assume someone forgot to send today's rewards.
  • burnabybuildings
    burnabybuildings Posts: 57 Arc User
    Options
    sndrzzz said:

I heard about people receiving Absence Note... which they consider reward of the 2nd day, but i don't see it in the list of rewards. I also havent received anything today, nor Absence note, nor anything....

It's possible you did this, but I'll mention it if you don't. You have to log all the way out. This means you have to go back to the login window and enter your username/password again for the login event to read your login for a new day. If you don't do this, you are technically continuously logged in and it will not count for the day.

If you are unsure. close down your entire client(s) and start up PWI all over again every day to make sure the login counts for that day.
    http://meandpwi.blogspot.ca

sage cleric 102-102-101 / sage BM 102-102-102 / sage sin 102-102-103 / demon cleric 102-102-102 / demon veno 102-101-100 / demon archer 102 / sage barb 101-100-100 / sage seeker 101
  • lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    sndrzzz said:

the absent notes are your raffle tickets for the alienware computer raffle, so dont spend them otherwise they wont count
    Post edited by lilkitsu#4417 on
  • sndrzzz
    Options
    burnabybuildings , i did log-in properly, inserted my username and password the way it should be done. If you received your reward by doing all that, you were free to say what it was. Now, if anyone received 2nd day reward, say it here what it was (if there was any). 3rd reward of the day seems to work properly: 20 event golds. In my opinion, i think we will receive last reward on 24th of May, no matter what they say about timezone.