Selling bound Elysian Seals?

Options
npc15
npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
There is a shop in west Archosaur on Tideswell that is selling elysian seals that say they are unable to be traded (see the picture). Am I missing something or shouldn't this be impossible?

Picture​​
WbG9jxx.png
Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3

Comments

• beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    Options
    yes it is
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    Supposesedly that will be "fixed" tomorrow. [/inb4morestuffbreaks] The preorder packs came with unbound ones, which people exploited a glitch to make all of theirs unbound. tho there are still many things this glitch applies to. they are literally applying a bandaid over a much larger issue.

this same glitch was exploited for jones blessings, MoGs, house mats, Elysium Seals, Event Gold, etc. i havent even seen the minor homestead packs mentioned in the fixes. people are abusing those as well. it's not the first time this glitch has happened, and i certainly doubt it will be the last.
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    Options
    zigheart wrote: »
    Supposesedly that will be "fixed" tomorrow. [/inb4morestuffbreaks] The preorder packs came with unbound ones, which people exploited a glitch to make all of theirs unbound. tho there are still many things this glitch applies to. they are literally applying a bandaid over a much larger issue.

this same glitch was exploited for jones blessings, MoGs, house mats, Elysium Seals, Event Gold, etc. i havent even seen the minor homestead packs mentioned in the fixes. people are abusing those as well. it's not the first time this glitch has happened, and i certainly doubt it will be the last.

I know about that glitch, but when you glitch your seals the description changes, and those seals don't have the changed description​​
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • casheh
    casheh Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    there are several on Twilight Temple as well, imo they should just perm ban the ppl that are abusing the exploits and be done with them.
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    Options
    casheh said:

there are several on Twilight Temple as well, imo they should just perm ban the ppl that are abusing the exploits and be done with them.

And what would that do? Lots of mains already got ALL skills from this glitch and will continue to do so for all toons and friends if they couldn't sell them.

• tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    Ban anyone who bought or sold them
  • casheh
    casheh Posts: 9 Arc User
    Options
    exaclty what tuttle said. Any abuse of exploits, glitches for personal gain is against ToS and account should be terminated.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    lol. There's no point banning for this. Everyone will catch up within a couple months anyway.​​
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    Most people need only around 70, and that's it.
    That's roughly 2 months of time, and it's already been a month - although some desperate elitist will buy it probably.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    Options
    There are bugs from 2008 that aren't patched.

As for bans, not gonna happen. Look at Goons. Sooooooooo many people got banned for doing that, and then 2 days later, all bans were overturned...

Regardless, I personally choose not to do this. Why? Because honestly, the new skills really aren't that appealing. I got the few skills I wanted, and not gonna bother with the rest.
  • anita
    anita Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    You can't ban people for something that is entirely the company's fault. If a supermarket puts the wrong price on a product and I buy it I can not be blamed for it. Same with a game, if it's not working properly it's their responsability to fix it.
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    Options
    I don't know why some people are so upset over this when in a month everyone will have their skills anyway. Sure its an exploit but you guys act like people exploited and got nuema portal or something. Most skills are **** anyway and the important ones like AOE roar disarms BMs already had them before the exploit was found.
  • inzain93
    inzain93 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Options
    "You can't ban people for something that is entirely the company's fault. If a supermarket puts the wrong price on a product and I buy it I can not be blamed for it. Same with a game, if it's not working properly it's their responsability to fix it."

No.

Upon registration, you agreed to follow the Terms of Service, which clearly states that you are not allowed to abuse any ingame glitches in order to gain an unfair advantage over others. You also agreed that PWE may suspend your account for any reasons, whatsoever. If you decide to do such a thing anyway and ends up banned, then it's entirely your own fault.

Merging two of the same items, causing one to become unbound is a glitch, as already mentioned by PWE staff.

imo, players should not be permanently banned for abusing this glitch. However, they should receive some sort of penalty for it.
  • zigheart
    zigheart Posts: 54 Arc User
    Options
    I agree. unfortunately they can't do much about this one. sure you can point fingers at people that bought them but technically buying them isn't always illegal. people that legitly got the preorder pack could have sold theirs which makes a perfect argument to combat it. you can't prove which items were glitched or not at that point. hopefully with this patch its all out of the way. they are suposedly binding them all. obviously people selling the bound ones are exploiting a glitch. (and greedy and ignorant if they have the bound one in shop)
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    Options
    Yes lets ban everyone i personally can tell 90% of at least 2 factions on my server that exploited this glitch so ban everyone yes lets do it and see where the game stands in a week lmao think before u speak try banning half a server on an already aged and fading game yall are brilliant
  • anita
    Options
    One thing is to use a glitch that no one knows off, another diferent thing is to use one that has been reported but not fixed. Back in the days Veno's were banned for killing a boss with pet from up the air because due to a glitch, that wasn't fixed to this day, the boss would not attack. 8 years after, would it be fair to ban a Veno that killed a boss this way?
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    Options
    anita said:

One thing is to use a glitch that no one knows off, another diferent thing is to use one that has been reported but not fixed. Back in the days Veno's were banned for killing a boss with pet from up the air because due to a glitch, that wasn't fixed to this day, the boss would not attack. 8 years after, would it be fair to ban a Veno that killed a boss this way?

yes

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    All venos should be banned for being venos :)
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • anita
    Options
    lol @ Dark