Instance Change Suggestions

gomiamiheat
gomiamiheat Posts: 51 Arc User
edited May 2016 in General Discussion
So I've talked to a lot of people on the dawnglory server and everyone is basically on the same page on a few instances. We are all tired of the cave that once was fc being dead. The only reason to do it now is a tad bit of exp and maybe getting some gems at the end. We are tired of nirvana not having any sort of updated drops which also renders the cave useless. Admitedly the homestead quest helps but first you need 35k rep to even have a homestead. Also it merely just a quest and once thats done the cave is useless. FC and Nirvana used to be endless forms of entertainment. If you had nothing to do you could go earn xp or earn some coin on a fc. Or earn coin at nirvana. Entertainment factor keeps people around, we understand pwi wants to make their cut and having instances that are more than 1.6m mil a day [fsp] can make ppl not have to purchase gold but at the same time people leaving because there is nothing to do once dailies fsp and bh and homestead are done which can take a mere couple hours hurts you of course. Every instance should have something to get people to come back not nerfed drops and exp to make people stay away.

Suggestions: FC

- Make the instance lvl 90+ rb1 only with hypers enabled. This will still enable people to want to purchase pill and actually "learn their class" for the people that always claimed fc made people learn nothing. It will also enable people to lvl up faster and make a bit of coin but not even close to as much as they could make before unregulated.
- Also a boss from FC added to the BH 100+ shuffle would be nice. It gets rather boring on the 3rd or sometimes even 4th day in a row of same bhs.
- Add additional currently somewhat wanted drops to Holeen. [I:E War Avatar C pack [0.08%]
- Adjust boss difficulty to current standards. They can still be somewhat of a challenge but lets face it we all are so much stronger due to primal passives, cards, etc since the old days of FC.

Nirvana: Only suggestions I really have for this cave is same as last suggestion for FC add up-to-date decent drops for the nirvana chests. Cannys and raps are obviously not a motivating factor in the 1-2s per cave at their current prices on most servers. Also same with adjusting boss difficulties, though I find the bosses in vana more difficult.

Instance Change Suggestions 31 votes

I agree with these suggestions!
67%
bloodedone87hypereccentrikblazerboyellanytestxvisin20andyauditorekyoskemarianafixgundameister00freyginniloucollerd1himuradave0025mkxxmatthew4fbsjamrockprincess1killermysticninjakitchenrulr 21 votes
I disagree
3%
raidsreign 1 vote
Different suggestions/Don't care/Idk
29%
ayejay101nbreakingzentfamilyphmnkoudelkamorgandigital5beast21gaoirokiaoirokii#4942 9 votes

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Needs work but some of the suggestions are or look good on paper.

No option for that vote.​​
  • gomiamiheat
    heero200 said:

Needs work but some of the suggestions are or look good on paper.

No option for that vote.​​

Thanks for the reply. I should have added a [agree with some but not all etc] option xD.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Bring back hidden dragon's den that place was OP , also making sage and demon only instances say one for sages and one for demons would be cool may even be fun to make a toon of both just to run one each .
    Vae Victis.
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    BH should be changed every few months.
    Also BH reward should be something better enough with chips for 20+ days in a row. Better add cpacks are reward
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I'm sick of getting War Avatar Orders. They are worse than useless. You can't sell them for anything, and to use them requires so much money for almost no benefit its just a troll item.

At least once a year or two you might have enough chips to make ONE gst, and people still but mirages and stones. Honestly even with the chance of 2 or 5 million coins bh is barely worth the effort. The xp is not great, but at least we don't have to go to TT or Lunar anymore.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    I'm sick of getting War Avatar Orders. They are worse than useless. You can't sell them for anything, and to use them requires so much money for almost no benefit its just a troll item.

At least once a year or two you might have enough chips to make ONE gst, and people still but mirages and stones. Honestly even with the chance of 2 or 5 million coins bh is barely worth the effort. The xp is not great, but at least we don't have to go to TT or Lunar anymore.

With the VIP tab available, it opens the possibilities when and how you can get "War Avatar Pack☆"
    Those need the War Avatar Orders, granted they're not hard to get if you do Heaven Fall Tower. Probably get 18-20 from them. Which is once a week, and at max 7 from BH if you're that unlucky to get those. so say... 30 Orders a week. Lowest VIP needs 5, highest needs 50. So you can assume that there will be added value for them as soon as the VIP system hits our servers.

I'm too lazy and inexperienced to find out what's China's way of getting those VIP items. Be be assured they'll have some value and buyers soon enough. Especially to how much a player has to cash shop/charge to become that level of VIP.

​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • phmn
    phmn Posts: 57 Arc User
    FF/FC Will NEVER and I'll repeat that NEVER get changed back to an exp instance. They did this because it aligned our client closer to the original and in no other version of PW FF/FC has hypers enabled.
    Arynx Demon Archer 105-105-105
    Karma - Etherblade
    http://mypers.pw/8/#368041
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Time to be a party pooper again, yay! here we go:
    *snip backstory about server chat*

- Make the instance lvl 90+ rb1 only with hypers enabled. This will still enable people to want to purchase pill and actually "learn their class" for the people that always claimed fc made people learn nothing. It will also enable people to lvl up faster and make a bit of coin but not even close to as much as they could make before unregulated.
    No, FC does not make people learn their class, and if you have to learn your class when you are level 90+ AND reborn 1, you are obviously doing something horribly wrong, if you don't know how to decently play your class by then, you fall under the definition of pill baby or carried baby. A pill makes you go from level 1 -> 95, you'd need a second one to go straight to rebirth. So if you don't do that, you're pretty much already stuck to doing instances for XP, which should make you learn your class.

- Also a boss from FC added to the BH 100+ shuffle would be nice. It gets rather boring on the 3rd or sometimes even 4th day in a row of same bhs.
    But fc bosses are way too easy... you're just adding more fodder to the BH cannon this way.

- Add additional currently somewhat wanted drops to Holeen. [I:E War Avatar C pack [0.08%]
    Again, FC is too easy and too spammable to give it useful drops.

- Adjust boss difficulty to current standards. They can still be somewhat of a challenge but lets face it we all are so much stronger due to primal passives, cards, etc since the old days of FC.
    Unless this gets implemented, i'm all for more difficulty in PvE. And it'd need to be a big boost.
    Problem is then that you're locking out lower levels from harder instances.

Nirvana: Only suggestions I really have for this cave is same as last suggestion for FC add up-to-date decent drops for the nirvana chests. Cannys and raps are obviously not a motivating factor in the 1-2s per cave at their current prices on most servers. Also same with adjusting boss difficulties, though I find the bosses in vana more difficult.
    Agreed, nirvana should get new drops, current ones are useless.

No as for other things:
    • Trophy mode: either bring it back or change it to be more useful (provide more useful exchange rewards. This would count for ALL instances that have/had a trophy mode. (trophy mode got deleted or something, I don't remember properly)
    • Additional to nirvana: add (lower) g17 mats to the rotation, the instance already requires you to use a key to get in, so it's not completely spammable. I am not saying to give ALL g17 mats there, but only the lower "cheaper" ones, obviously UP should be the main source for the mats, but lets be honest, the current amount of time required to farm any upgrade to the first cast G17 is ridiculous. (higher "expensive" mats would ofcourse stay UP exclusive)

That's all I can think of at the moment​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    id reallz love to see trophz mode back in the game aswell. was a reallz ncie feature
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    FC should be revamped for lv90+ no rb, and rb1 rb2 any level, anyone who has reached lv 90 with or without pill is considered having it enough with low level leveling.

Make pve content/new instances for leveling or farming harder by disabling atk/def lvl or whatever necessary, BUT DISABLE USAGE OF HP MP CHARM AND BODY DOUBLE. It's a scam r4ping hp and mp charm for PvE.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Tbh I never understood for which reason the (revamped) Frost instance in PW China existed/exists.

They did revamp this instance once to an exp instance. That's obvious. Not letting hypers work in there is just... not very smart lol.

The only bugs (which still exists) are, that the second character has not to be in the instance to open in and the fact that characters <75 can enter when it's open (they have to join after opening).

To me this instance needs a few fixes:

* They should enable hypering in there.

* They should limit it to level 80-95 (all others can't enter; current level counts, not historical).

* G9 shards should drop in there.

* G12 weapons should drop in there (the ones which you can get with <a href="http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26056">Frostcovered Sign·Force

* You should be able to open the instance without beeing in a squad (this option doesn't make sense anyway since two clients are allowed by PWE.
  • gomiamiheat
    edited May 2016
    dblazen1 said:

Time to be a party pooper again, yay! here we go:

*snip backstory about server chat*

No, FC does not make people learn their class, and if you have to learn your class when you are level 90+ AND reborn 1, you are obviously doing something horribly wrong, if you don't know how to decently play your class by then, you fall under the definition of pill baby or carried baby. A pill makes you go from level 1 -> 95, you'd need a second one to go straight to rebirth. So if you don't do that, you're pretty much already stuck to doing instances for XP, which should make you learn your class.

But fc bosses are way too easy... you're just adding more fodder to the BH cannon this way.

Again, FC is too easy and too spammable to give it useful drops.

Unless this gets implemented, i'm all for more difficulty in PvE. And it'd need to be a big boost.

Problem is then that you're locking out lower levels from harder instances.

Agreed, nirvana should get new drops, current ones are useless.

No as for other things:
    • Trophy mode: either bring it back or change it to be more useful (provide more useful exchange rewards. This would count for ALL instances that have/had a trophy mode. (trophy mode got deleted or something, I don't remember properly)
    • Additional to nirvana: add (lower) g17 mats to the rotation, the instance already requires you to use a key to get in, so it's not completely spammable. I am not saying to give ALL g17 mats there, but only the lower "cheaper" ones, obviously UP should be the main source for the mats, but lets be honest, the current amount of time required to farm any upgrade to the first cast G17 is ridiculous. (higher "expensive" mats would ofcourse stay UP exclusive)

That's all I can think of at the moment​​

------------------------------------------------------

Your first answer is very vague. You say FC doesn't make you learn your class, you have to mean exp room alone right? Because trust me, 85% of ppl back in the day even if they paid for some exp rooms ran their own Full Fcs with other probably low geared low leveled people and have to fight the bosses you think are so easy now in tt99-g15 sets and I gotta say being someone that got killed outta that instance a million times it makes me cringe when people imply that cave doesn't teach you about your class. You wanna say exp rooms don't that's fine but we are talking about an entire instance here. Which you also imply is SO EASY, yeah it's at least an hour cave for the standard g16 geared person that's not R9 or a BM/SIN/DB. The bosses are easy but they aren't that easy and it takes time. Not like you can just run up with a seeker start vortex and go afk which you CAN DO with certain bosses even in SoT but i digress.

FC is to spammable to give the very last boss of a what like 7-8 boss cave a lowly less than 1% chance for a c card drop? It was merely just an example of a current demanded item people would want. Flawlesses are OKAY drops but def not worth the effort.

Locking lower levels out of instances is not practical but it doesn't seem that pwi would possibly let something happen any other way. People can make all the arguments they want about client versions etc this all came down to money. FC in it's day COULD farm you r9 especially if you were a sin very quickly [months but still]. So the level and rb requirements would make the instance not a viable way to get anything like R9 anymore, maybe just a bit of extra pocket change and some exp. Lower levels unlike semi-endgame - endgame people actually have 100s of different quests and the whole game in front of them still.

Like I said in intro the rest of us we get our primal dailies done, bh done, homestead quests, fsp, that can take like 2-3 hours easy then what? A bit of pvp maybe other random **** for an hour and you are stuck staring at the screen wondering what to do. PWI could change this if there were more viable instances people would actually want to go to but basically what I get here from the people that want no changes with FC is that they are fine with it being dead. Because let's not kid ourselves it's dead, I think I might see one or two people every few weeks actually wanting to do an FC run it's pathetic.
  • andyauditore
    andyauditore Posts: 52 Arc User
    -FC is cool, but it's very easy now, and it involves level 80-90 quests and it would be hard to change it.
    -As for Hidden Dragon Den, I wasn't high-level when it was available. But we now have UCH which I really love. Hard, but it's really cool after you learn it.
    -Really tired of same BHs. Why is Mushi BH so rare? Also, I'd love to have BH Lunar back. We get a chance to get EoD from it. And BH UCH maybe? A bit harder, but don't we want harder stuff? :smile:
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    tetraem007 wrote: »
    * G12 weapons should drop in there (the ones which you can get with <a href="http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26056">Frostcovered Sign·Force

They do drop in the instance sherlock.. it even mention the droplocation and chances there. duh​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • donutszoqo
    donutszoqo Posts: 12 Arc User
    Honestly, if FC were to ever come back, I'd rather have it limited to non-rbs. Why you may ask? ............ When you are rb, you won't get the chance to learn your toon as much as a non rb in fc -.- There is already the extra stats / passives difference. Don't forget that during rb, you get 4x exp for 1st rb and 3.5x exp during 2nd. Point is, it will level you way too fast to learn. Hell, I leveled one or two of my 1-2 rb toons to 100 within 2 weeks or a month, casual playing. If anything, if you dont want non rb to get it, let people who are 100+ hyper in there without any glitches '-' so that people can spam it if they wish to get to lvl 105, although it will still take a lot of runs.
  • gomiamiheat
    teabagg wrote: »
    yeah they do have ALOT of useless instances.They need to make cultivation HARDER again make more things be a must to do to even lvl.

Sorry for the late post but as of a few months later still no changes are made to these instances. Server populations are starting to take a dip lately especially in my server with the last update far behind and everyone's already seen the new goodies and decided whether or not to stay.

As usual most left. It is sad because you can basically do endless things with this game but most the instances are useless now as I said in original post, primal dailies, homestead quest, Bh, now there is one more quest the monkey quest which consists of standing on a monkey for 10 mins [love the rewards but the quest is not that creative] and you have nothing else to do.

Give people a reason to want to do nirvana and FC a couple times daily. Sure it's still stuff we have done a bunch of times but a little variety never hurts.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    Eak

A dead thread has arisen....
  • arspaulina#4310
    arspaulina#4310 Posts: 347 Community Moderator
    Heyyy where did this come from I felt a creeping sense of de ja vu...

Going to close this guy up.
    ⋆Have a question? Feel free to shoot me an ask!⋆
This discussion has been closed.