What was the official reason for disabling hypers in fc?

myhero#0905
myhero#0905 Posts: 89 Arc User
What was the official reason for disabling hypers in fc?

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    To make our client align more with the original. That was specific to our version. No other licensed version of PW had it.

It's not like it's needed any longer with all the other things they have given either.
    Personally, they should bring back the harder version that was for farming mats.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • myhero#0905

To make our client align more with the original. That was specific to our version. No other licensed version of PW had it.

It's not like it's needed any longer with all the other things they have given either.

Personally, they should bring back the harder version that was for farming mats.​​

Which mats were that?

Just think they should bring it back somehow, loved that instance.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    All the mats for making the FCC gear. FCC was just another mat farming instance like TT and Lunar.

Nothing is stopping you from playing the instance now.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • myhero#0905

All the mats for making the FCC gear. FCC was just another mat farming instance like TT and Lunar.

except no reward. so others wont play it. so wont get a squad for it. so boring to solo.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    It's still a very good source of xp for level 80-90 characters. People would just rather do Phoenix Valley instead, even though PV xp isn't that great in a squad.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

Then they would spam frost all day long just to sell the mats to make frost gear then trade it for exp at the martial arts NPC LOL! But I agree bring back the old frost instance.

And with the exp neck from dreamchaser packs and the exp buffs and esoterica and scrolls there still a lot of EXP that can be generated from fast frost runs without hypers.

Enabled hypers in frost was a glitch and they just fixed it. That's all.
  • weapon762
    weapon762 Posts: 187 Arc User
    Yeah old instance would be fun to farm the gear for
    Vae Victis.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Making FC gear? Is a joke no? Last time I checked gear drop rate in FC was low. And if people are talking to make FC gear with those mats droped by last bosses you need alot of those.
    giphy.gif

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

Making FC gear? Is a joke no? Last time I checked gear drop rate in FC was low. And if people are talking to make FC gear with those mats droped by last bosses you need alot of those.

and people used to do this with lunar too. oh wait..some still do
  • suzukmann
    suzukmann Posts: 86 Arc User
    maybe my brain does betray me here, but i do remember the last boss dropping a lvl 85 weapon in green and really really really rare in yellow.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    suzukmann said:

maybe my brain does betray me here, but i do remember the last boss dropping a lvl 85 weapon in green and really really really rare in yellow.

I solo sometimes FC for fun with my storm. Not even on 2 x to drop something. I did one last weak. It droped 2 pathetic gems.
    giphy.gif

• lilkitsu#4417
    lilkitsu#4417 Posts: 87 Arc User
    our version was never supposed to have hypers in FF/FC to begin with so it was a "fix." not that i care i only did the run after i was played my toons to over level 75. never been a fan of when things are too easy
  • evan45345
    evan45345 Posts: 3 Arc User
    It's really simple.. PWE: "I dont need a reason to do whatever i want with my game, just suck it up."​​
    DoesntMatter - Harshlands - Dawnglory