Needing opinion on where to invest time

Hey, guys:

I need your opinion.

I've just come back after a long while of inactivity. Unfortunately -- or 'thank god' /s -- I no longer have the luxury of time to be playing PWI nonstop, but I would still love to enjoy the game casually without it having to puncture into my wallet. (quite an important note: I don't CS.)

Please help me choose which is best to invest time on:
  • I have just leveled a cleric to 100, just cause i thought it's been stuck too long at 99. The reason I made this cleric long ago was so I could help my main farm for coins. I even got all the g16 molds for one. I found the gameplay dull, honestly. Will this still be worth gearing up (so I can help myself farm things like 3-3)?

• Should I level my SB up instead (currently at 79) and save the arcane g16's (tt path btw 'coz poor) for her instead? I think of this because I'm a sucker for nuke AOE's, and because I honestly prefer its gameplay way over the cleric's. I guess this is because I hate being support. If I had to choose a class to replace my main, this would no doubt have to be it.

• I also have a sin main (the common aps kind, no aps tome), decently geared, but horribly outdated with cards, refines, shards, vitae and whatever else new they got now. Every time i get back into the game, anyone I run into tells me I should reawaken one last time. I want to, but have always hesitated because then I would have no main, and none to do BH1 on (being semi-active, my only source of potential coin). I've been told that reawakening again would take a heck long time compared to the first, and this indecision would eventually make me leave the game again after two weeks. Should I abandon my two previous ideas and work on strengthening(reawakening) my main instead? What would then be another coin option besides having to grind my **** to 100 again in two days tops, or having to do the irrational (CS)?
I just miss the good ol' game I enjoyed before. I'll highly appreciate all the legit input I can get.

Thank you

p.s. inb4 'just quit' -- gj, here's a cookie
Tagged:

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Are the sb and cleric on the same account? Then just get an account stash.

Honestly, sounds like you wanna play sb the most so focus on that over the others. You can still farm for coin duoing the sin+cleric.​​
  • shatteredskye
    shatteredskye Posts: 4 Arc User
    chary said:

Honestly, sounds like you wanna play sb the most so focus on that over the others. You can still farm for coin duoing the sin+cleric.​​

Hey, chary!

Yes, they are on the same account. I had thought of that as well, but how much would an account stash cost nowadays? If you'll notice, one of the reasons I'm even having this dilemma is that I struggle with coins.

My cleric couldn't handle 3-1(or whichever tt is done as bh100); died on a single aoe. She's only got full tt90's with a mixture of +3-4 refines, 3k hp.

I do want to play the SB; all I've been doing since I got back was level her. But then I thought about gearing her up which means I need to do lots of farming on my main as well, who's hp is just under 7k. I've been told that to be able to do anything decent in game, you gotta at least have 10k hp. That means I would really have to amp the main as well, wouldn't I? So would it be smarter, with relevance to time and coin, to focus on the sin?

My thoughts are in a mess, sorry about that. But thank you for your input.
  • cloudmistress
    cloudmistress Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Hi ... time is a problem for me to, so this is what i suggest: first make another account and start farming the jones coins ...just what he gives for free, no quests ... since time is an issue. (make one toon for each of the lvs 21, 31, 41, 51, 61 and 71) ... is over 500k a day, in 10 min / per account, that is 3.5 mill a week/acc and you don't have to be active, ... is not much i know ... but is something. for more money this way ... you can get creative ....................

regarding the toons i suggest to chose the sb. for me, beeing able to move while i was attaking helped me solo a lot of things with crappy gear.

do not be afraid ro reborn two times it is worth doing it, save your hypers and solo pv (with a sb with tt gear, you can solo even the 95+ one). With my sb i used to set up hypers and put the auto attac thingy in pv and left the keyboard ... just checked from time to time if it got stucked or something.

one more thing ... since your problem is time ... give up farming (to many farmers out there), and start to be a merchant :wink:
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Yes, they are on the same account. I had thought of that as well, but how much would an account stash cost nowadays? If you'll notice, one of the reasons I'm even having this dilemma is that I struggle with coins.

Account stashes are 7.5 gold on sale, iirc. So technically 32m if you just buy gold via AH.
    My cleric couldn't handle 3-1(or whichever tt is done as bh100); died on a single aoe. She's only got full tt90's with a mixture of +3-4 refines, 3k hp.

You have the g16 molds for the AA armor, correct? Focus on making those and your survivability should be decent enough. Like, I have a second cleric+veno on a separate acc sitting in +6 g16 Nirv armor and +5 OHT orns. They survive just fine in pve, granted both are hybrid vit/mag build.
    I do want to play the SB; all I've been doing since I got back was level her. But then I thought about gearing her up which means I need to do lots of farming on my main as well, who's hp is just under 7k. I've been told that to be able to do anything decent in game, you gotta at least have 10k hp. That means I would really have to amp the main as well, wouldn't I? So would it be smarter, with relevance to time and coin, to focus on the sin?

Ehh...6k hp buffed is fine for most instances if you're in a squad. Sin as it is now is fine for farming fsp and the lower TTs.

I do agree with the person above saying to learn how to merch though.​​
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    cant really tell you waht to play , as it really comes down to personal preferences. the thing with clerics - they are wanted in alot of squadds -

with sb its kinda the same nowadays - as they got a really really nice dmg amplificationm , and thus are welcome in alot of squads aswell.

imho a sb does need better egars than a cleric to get invited . BUT the sb can use morais 95 gears just fine w/o every worrying to do something wrong. the cleric doesnt have full benefits from slaying lvls on weapons.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well it sounds like you really want to play the SB and skip the cleric completely.. Personally I would put the stormbringer on hold though and do her Jolly Jones quest (you can do them as long you're Lv80 or under, dont level up further than that). Meanwhile the SB collect some coins, I would focus on upgrading the sin and cleric. Cleric is very useful to multiclient with your sin for TT, and even though you may not be capable of 3-3, theres's still the lower levels, they do give a decent amount of coin.

However, you should really RB your sin if you still like playing that class, RB2 is important.
  • nyvbc1
    nyvbc1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    I have a DB that is most of the way thru rb2, now. Don't forget that you get a 3.5x XP multiplier for quests (and maybe other things) in RB2. I've gone through it pretty fast.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    Way less than you will need for extra gear set =) Thus both your chars are +/- well geared, both can do FS and it can boost you in money making and/or cards farming.

2nd rb is fast, maybe a week if you are dedicated.

If you are casual player and don't have much time to play, it's really hard to fully focus on several chars nowadays, unless you don't mind them being on average lvl (can TT, but with support, can bh or pv, but with squad, etc).
    It's useful to have an army for extra BH/FS runs, but it's too time-consuming to maintain all chars on decent lvl - lvl'd cards, meridians, nuema, star chart, skies, passives, new skills - it all takes a lot of time and basically isn't important for an alt, but preferable for the main char. It's not 2011, when you could frost a char till 100, buy gear for it and then it's completely done. Now you have to take a decision who is gonna be your main and focus on it. Others can support. Else 24/7 is not enough :D
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • shatteredskye
    Hey guys!

Apologies If I've responded late (again, with the time...). I thank you all very much for all your kind input.

I've thought about it, and though I want to play an SB badly, I've decided to take on the more practical path relative to my time dilemma, and that is just to focus on the main for now. You're all right that it may take a long while, but I guess it is immensely cheaper than having to gear up an AA alt from scratch. I guess my mass-nuking life will remain a dream for now (just like that darn aps tome lol).

And I really wish I had the time to learn merching. Perhaps one day.

Thank you all again, and have fun gaming!
    Cheers!
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    I would srsly reconsider merching :)
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • shatteredskye

regarding the toons i suggest to chose the sb. for me, beeing able to move while i was attaking helped me solo a lot of things with crappy gear.

do not be afraid ro reborn two times it is worth doing it, save your hypers and solo pv (with a sb with tt gear, you can solo even the 95+ one). With my sb i used to set up hypers and put the auto attac thingy in pv and left the keyboard ... just checked from time to time if it got stucked or something.

One of the reasons I really wanted to do an SB was because I thought they'd be easier to do PV with, and simply more fun, because of the amount of aoe's its got. I really disliked PV on sin, and never done it on first reawakening. All I did was fc myself back almost instantly, and even earned coins in the process.

I used to be very impatient and anything taking four days to a week was a huge pain to me, thus disliking the first rebirth even. However, I do hope I can still enjoy the process of RB2 as it's done now, and hope it won't take me a month to get back. I can still do a lot where I am today, but darn does it suck to be left out of the good stuff.

one more thing ... since your problem is time ... give up farming (to many farmers out there), and start to be a merchant :wink:

chary said:

I do agree with the person above saying to learn how to merch though.​

I would srsly reconsider merching :)

If there was anything I'm legitimately bad at it any game: it's making money; I'll admit that. Takes me a while to learn prices, and to be honest I wish there was a database for those, instead of having to look into every catshop I run into. No doubt that I'll try though. Deciding on having only a single toon to focus on, I think that would be more possible then.

If any of you guys have advice on where to start or have a reference to 'merching' or making coin in-game, I'd highly appreciate that as well. I still have tonnes to learn with regards to gameplay and tactics since nearly everything is new to me again, but I hope I can catch up to times soon.

Thank you all very much for the kind encouragement!

• magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Hun, there are (legal) ways to take out the boring side of manually investigating each catshop. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.

The problem that both you and I share is the patience to make money by marching, and unfortunately for both of us, patience is the number one friend for a merchant :neutral:

I average only 200m profit per month out of it these days, only because I am a inpatient person aswell and spend the profit :blush:. You can average way more, up to a point where farming becomes a silly notion.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User

I average only 200m profit per month out of it these days, only because I am a inpatient person aswell and spend the profit .

one of the most important things, NOT to do : spend the profits :) . the argument would be compound interest :)