Quick Question about Reel in skill in TW

ada1211
ada1211 Posts: 3 Arc User
hello everyone i would like to know if its against the rules to use the bm skill reel in while flying on catapult puller to pull them into the air so they lose the catapult. someone told me that it can result in a bann , so i would like to know is that really true?

Comments

• afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    It is exploiting a glitch in the game, so it should be bannable...

If you or anyone will be banned because of it, is a completely different topic, and you won't get a reply on that.
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    Pulling them into the air shouldn't be...think it's only if you're pulling them into terrain so that they can't move. Don't see why the former should be bannable since you need to keep them up there long enough and can be broken out of
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    None of it should be bannable, the way I see it is similar to tax avoidance, if you don't want it to happen, stop it from being possible, rather than selectively ban people, because then people that moan and cry are being rewarded for moaning and crying. They make the game, change it so a cata puller can't be ggwp'ed like that. Pulling out the ban hammer is not the solution.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    It gets fixed in a later patch so everyone just has to deal for now.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    chary said:

Knowing we only really get patches during expansions, enjoy 6(?) months of cataglitch empowered 100min turtles.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    Reel In can be escaped if you know what you're doing. Unlike the Transposition glitch where once you're stuck there's no way out unless you have a skill to jump to a target or just town tele. However I guess if they made it so that stuff like Reel In couldn't be used while flying that would be fair.
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    chary said:

Fixed how... because reel in is a skill that has been around since 2012... and we're in 2016... lol

Now since it's an aoe skill, and u can get multipleppl stuck on the walls/trees it became an issue? '-'
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    ballenato wrote: »
    Fixed how... because reel in is a skill that has been around since 2012... and we're in 2016... lol

Now since it's an aoe skill, and u can get multipleppl stuck on the walls/trees it became an issue? '-'

I believe one of the archer posters said something about it the last time this got brought up. Basically displacement skills won't work on anyone with a cata after we get that.​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I believe you can no longer displace someone controlling a cata on the live patch in China.

That said there's a pretty big difference between Reeling In and getting Barbs stuck with Seekers...

You dont lose your cata after being Reeled into the air, you lose the cata if you remain in the air for an extended amount of time, something that can be countered with Faith or in most cases even regular Purify, thus there is counter-play available so imo this is fair.

When it comes to being swapped with Seeker resulting in you getting stuck, there's nothing you can do to counter it, you can no longer exit the terrain you are stuck in, no amount of skills will get you moving again, thus there is no counter-play available, so imo this is unfair. ^^

Obviously both arent banable... cuz else people would be banned by now... But abusing stuff thats unfair just makes you a loser :blush: