Bosses for high level homestead design quests

Options
implode
implode Posts: 83 Arc User
So now people with lv 5 workshops are needing nirvana, SoT and similar, it got me thinking, if we need those instances now, how bad will it get later on? So went trawling around pwdatabase looking at quests, and looks like:
  • Expert: Eden, Brim, Ab, SOT, TT3-3, nirvana
  • Professional: Elementals
  • Master: OHT mobs, FF, TT3-3, WS
  • Grand Master: AEU, DFSP, UCH
  • Paragon: UCH, DFSP, UP
  • Virtuoso: JFSP, UP
Well ugh. My plan was to have 4 chars each do a different mastery so then my alts could contract even the highest level items to my main for 0 coins for the top level collection quests, regardless of the item asked for. But this really throws a spanner in that. Everything up to "Master" is soloable, but beyond that it just goes downhill, especially once you start getting into UP.

So, ignoring that these are alts I'm thinking of, the same applies to any chars with less than s3r9 gear - if UP remains a s3r9-only instance, is there simply no point non-s3r9 chars trying to get their homesteads up to max level, because even then they still won't be able to learn any of the top tier designs because they won't be able to get invited to kill the bosses that they need to complete the quests :(

Comments

• razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    Make your own UP squad maybe and dont make it r9 exclusive?
    I dont understand such people, if you dont have it, make your own or go with friends/faction some options are there and the random WC is like the last place you should look at.

Also UP is pretty new and im sure even WC will sooner or later search for g16 people starting with the support kinda classes like BM, Veno and Cleric.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • saleniece
    saleniece Posts: 49 Arc User
    Options
    i seen squad on dawnglory so desperate to have veno that they shouted it can even be tt90 geared, they just needed veno XD
  • bramblebeast
    bramblebeast Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    I request weapon links, but it's mostly to prove people listen. Clerics, Venos, bm, and Mystics I couldn't care less what their weapon is as long S they can listen, and survive
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    You realise the coin costs to achieve virtuoso level requires around 900m in just upgrade costs alone, not to mention you'll start needing UP dropped animals/seeds just to get decent enough exp to actually level your homestead. If one isn't r9r3 already why would they sink such a significant amount of coin into homestead vs gearing up.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • implode
    implode Posts: 83 Arc User
    Options
    darkonome said:

If one isn't r9r3 already why would they sink such a significant amount of coin into homestead vs gearing up.

To contract stuff for 0 coins to their main who is s3r9, since each char can only learn one mastery.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Options
    psure most people with that sort of gear have either other r9rr alts, highly refined g16 alts, or it'd be trivial for them to make one anyway.

Honestly, it's gonna be forever before anyone's gonna be able to make a 4th or 5th stage wep anyway unless they start putting stuff in CS or packs or spend rewards or something so dunno why y'all worrying about it.​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Options
    Had a BM in UP with friggin aps gear on. He paid attention and did his job. Gear isn't that important.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Options
    capnk wrote: »
    Had a BM in UP with friggin aps gear on. He paid attention and did his job. Gear isn't that important.

*puts on aps gear for all UP runs tiger-2.gif*​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    I feel sorry for ones doing on all their alts, lel
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Options
    The amount of coin you need to upgrade your house you might as well spend on buying contracts.. Honestly a lot of people on my server are giving stuff away for free as well because they want their EXP without spending materials.
    I do it on my alts but I'm not really upgrading their buildings, I'm just farming nightbloom sigils for now.
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    And 90% of players are locked out of UP because not r9rr/alts...great. RIP alts P2W or get left out of new dungeon for daily.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    Options
    i care about the run time more than anything else. if the squad isn't geared the instance can easily take 2 hours+. i'd rather not spend more than 45 minutes doing an instance in pwi ijs.
    On another note, i should have lv 7 crafting in about 3 days so i can confirm that info from the OP.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    Options
    The people crying over UP should really stop, I run with g16 people all the time because they know what they're doing and also because they are strong due to, guess what, working on other things like meridians, cards, titles, etc.

R9rr =/= OP btw, how many r9s have I 1shot (i'm r9 too) because their passives, cards, etc are neglected. They shop the gear and think it will make them crazy OP, newsflash, it won't.

Crying over not being able to take your alt to UP is pathetic, that's the point of the instance, for once you can't spam something with alts. I love my alts, but to be honest UP is amazing the way it is.

Mr. Justice
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    Has anyone written a guide for UP yet? I mean in text, and not "go watch a vid on youtube, or get on vent for the next 90 minutes."
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Options
    Here is my written guide for UP:

The same rule applies as any game ever, dont stand in the red circles.

Good luck :smile:
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    Options
    Some things I've found useful for group success in UP:
    1) Make sure you're gear is up for it. Refine it. Shard it.
    2) Bring res scrolls.
    3) Bring potions like Iron Guards or Pan Gu's Essence.
    3) Use hp, mdef, and pdef charms
    4) Watch some of the walk throughs that other players have posted.
    5) Let people know if you are new to the instance.
    6) Bring lots of patience. I've been in squads that finished in 30 minutes and ones that lasted several hours. It depends on your luck/skill and ability to adapt.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Has anyone written a guide for UP yet? I mean in text, and not "go watch a vid on youtube, or get on vent for the next 90 minutes."

I guess I can tackle this.

Edit- http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1205018/uncharted-paradise-guide​​
    Post edited by chary on
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    testxvi wrote: »
    The amount of coin you need to upgrade your house you might as well spend on buying contracts..
    Funny thing is that if everyone decides to do it this way, there will be no high lvl recipes on server pig-2.gif And only few laborious ppl will rip off others for blueprints, trying to make the recipes pay off pig-47.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Options
    To offer a different perspective, I think its a good thing you can't just solo all the quests, it's a good thing you can't just easily/cheaply level 4 homesteads of different masteries and just contract everything to yourself. There's only 4 masteries, the odds are you will have a friend or two, a faction buddy or 6 that are working on the mastery you need, you can say hey let's swap my level 6 item for your lvl 6 item, ties in with the whole social multiplayer aspect of the game. I've been doing that with faction and friends and it's kinda cool, my picnic tables went like hot cakes, I got nice exp out of it kept my res, friends were happy they have a nice garden feature to put trees and flowers around.

Yes you could buy it from the open market too, and there are plenty of people offering stuff for free because they are incentivised to do so, they get their energy consumed in exchange for exp without costing them mats, you get the item without having the design or mastery for it so long as you have the mats. The mats part is where in later levels it gets tricky though, as if you don't upgrade your production buildings (basically the coin cost) and just contract everything you will have resource issues as the later lvl designs naturally require a fair chunk of res.

I hated the expansion at first, but now I like it, homestead is a nice 'social' feature, we're having a lot of fun with it, faction events etc.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457