Pay to play special servers

Options
techshamanhero
techshamanhero Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2016 in Suggestion Box
For people that have recently bought gold, depending on the amount of gold they bought they should gain limited time access to special servers like the old school server and the relentless pvp server and the hardcore mode server which they can import characters from other servers...

The old school server is basically the current servers with old pwi mechanics... there are 3 levels of old school, elementary for the original pwi mechanics, middle school for the most favored version of pwi after that, and high for the best pwi mechanics after that.

The relentless pvp server is basically just that, a server where nothing but the most pvp oriented players gather and go red named... red players are marked on the map for faster pvp... the redder they are, the further away they appear... if they are barely red they'll only appear on your map if you're nearby... pvp is also available in cities and safe zones if you have a relentless coin... relentless coins are 1 gold each and allow you to make 1 player kill in a safe zone before disappearing

The hardcore servers disable your character for a limited time when you die, and the grind is much more difficult... you can't import characters from other servers to the hardcore server... you could be disabled from anywhere to an hour to a day depending on your level, rebirth, whether you died fighting an elite or boss, how red you are, and how high your enemy's level is... you can also drop unbound items in hardcore servers and drop bound items if you're red or fighting elites or bosses.... other players can't pick up your bound items but you have to go back and pick them up if you want them... you can also recover any dropped items by sacrificing spirit, exp, or coin in various amounts depending on how valuable the items are... you could drop a stack of level 80 potions and recover it for a few thousand coins, spirit, or experience and then drop a bound r9 and have to pay over a hundred million to auto recover it... you can log in to your disabled characters after you die but you have a permanent debuffs that changes your fashion and armor into bandages, your weapons into crutches, and prevents you from being able to fight or leave cities until your disable timer runs out

Comments

• techshamanhero
    Options
    I guess we can get 1 day per gold bought but we should let the developers decide whether your days automatically get used up, or if they are used when you log into any of the servers or use 1 day per special server you log into each day
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Yeah, like PWE is going to set up 3 different new servers just for people who recently charged gold. No sane company would use that kind of setup for a server.
    You either make a pay to play subscription server or your don't use pay to play at all.

And then another 3 servers for legacy versions of the game? Not going to happen either, there's not enough players for that (and I doubt there's enough players who would actually want to start over completely again) and it's not profitable for PWE at all.

That said, these are all things that will never see the light of day. And I know you're going to complain again about me shooting your ideas down, but there's a difference between wishful thinking and realism.
    Don't make threads if you don't want feedback, regardless if it's positive or negative.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• techshamanhero
    Options
    Boy I'm about to block you or something you never have anything positive to say... do you literally just browse the suggestion forums looking for things to disagree with? My idea is flawless... they give people a good reason to buy gold then use a portion of the extra money they make to support the new servers... it's an elementary move really what with all the people that are begging for such servers... I can almost guarantee at least half of those beggars would pay to play it and charge like a hundred gold a month to play their favorite servers... if 3 old school servers is too much for the developers to handle go with the pwi in its prime server...
    This isn't some impossible theory I'm bringing up... it's a game saving strategy and you've been nothing but unhelpful since the day I met you... you don't look at the big picture... you just look at the extra servers and the extra cost and not at all at the countless people that will come back for legacy, pvp, and challenges... you don't look at the amount of people that would make their first gold charges for some variety or the people that would pay more to be part of that world... you don't give constructive criticism on any of my ideas, you just tell me how it's impossible and will never happen until I come up with a plausible defense and then you leave... just like my last post where I told you some constructive things you could have said instead of all the negative things you said and you and all the people that sided with you left the conversation completely...
    if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all because it's likely your theories of impossibility were already thought of and avoided.... as you can see with the part about character import... you seem to have ignored that part and said players don't want to start over... did you even read the idea before disagreeing?
  • dblazen
    dblazen Posts: 28 Arc User
    Options
    Boy I'm about to block you or something you never have anything positive to say... do you literally just browse the suggestion forums looking for things to disagree with? My idea is flawless... they give people a good reason to buy gold then use a portion of the extra money they make to support the new servers... it's an elementary move really what with all the people that are begging for such servers... I can almost guarantee at least half of those beggars would pay to play it and charge like a hundred gold a month to play their favorite servers... if 3 old school servers is too much for the developers to handle go with the pwi in its prime server...
    This isn't some impossible theory I'm bringing up... it's a game saving strategy and you've been nothing but unhelpful since the day I met you... you don't look at the big picture... you just look at the extra servers and the extra cost and not at all at the countless people that will come back for legacy, pvp, and challenges... you don't look at the amount of people that would make their first gold charges for some variety or the people that would pay more to be part of that world... you don't give constructive criticism on any of my ideas, you just tell me how it's impossible and will never happen until I come up with a plausible defense and then you leave... just like my last post where I told you some constructive things you could have said instead of all the negative things you said and you and all the people that sided with you left the conversation completely...
    if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all because it's likely your theories of impossibility were already thought of and avoided.... as you can see with the part about character import... you seem to have ignored that part and said players don't want to start over... did you even read the idea before disagreeing?

And you're doing too much wishful thinking.
    Like I said, if you don't want feedback on any of your ideas, keep them to yourself.
    Legacy servers won't save this game, pvp servers got (quiet recently actually) merged into the PvE ones, because of declining numbers.

Why would they invest in something so risky, just because it possibly could be somewhat viable?
    No sane company would do such a move. There's only a very small amount of games for which this would work, and PWI is not one of them.

And import character needs, just like transferring a character from one server to another, the option to actually transfer from one server to the other.
    And guess what, that's been requested for so. very. long. And that never happened so far either. That would be the first step to even go towards what you want.

Why would they merge servers together, just to add 3-6 more? That does not sound logical, at all.​​
  • techshamanhero
    Options
    You call this feedback but really it's just hate... the reason pvp and pve servers got merged is because they didn't have enough money for the many servers and the declining numbers had nothing to do with pvp and they thought pve/pvp combo would improve things so they merged the closer ones... do your research instead of getting all your info from other people that post nothing but negativity... you're starting to make me mad... I look through your profile and you literally post nothing but shutdowns on everybody's posts and half the stuff you post isn't even accurate... you're just making up believable stuff and calling it feedback just so you can insult people's ideas and posts.... you're nothing more than an offensive and I don't want you posting on my threads anymore... I'll seriously report you
  • dblazen
    dblazen Posts: 28 Arc User
    Options
    You call this feedback but really it's just hate... the reason pvp and pve servers got merged is because they didn't have enough money for the many servers and the declining numbers had nothing to do with pvp and they thought pve/pvp combo would improve things so they merged the closer ones... do your research instead of getting all your info from other people that post nothing but negativity... you're starting to make me mad... I look through your profile and you literally post nothing but shutdowns on everybody's posts and half the stuff you post isn't even accurate... you're just making up believable stuff and calling it feedback just so you can insult people's ideas and posts.... you're nothing more than an offensive and I don't want you posting on my threads anymore... I'll seriously report you

Report me for what, knowing how PWE treats their player base?
    tiger-18.gif get real​​
  • techshamanhero
    Options
    Now you've legitimately given me a reason to report you... you went from offensive insults cleverly disguised as "feedback" to direct harassment... if you ever post on one of my threads again I'll consider it harassment as well and continue to report you
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    Now you've legitimately given me a reason to report you... you went from offensive insults cleverly disguised as "feedback" to direct harassment... if you ever post on one of my threads again I'll consider it harassment as well and continue to report you

Man, I had no idea I was posting on tumblr.
    But by all means, i'm curious, point out to where i'm insulting anyone in this thread. Or is saying that an idea won't work considered insulting now?
    @sylenthunder can't you like, warn us for derailing the thread or something and if we keep doing it lock the thread.

I want to know what horrible atrocities I committed in this thread though, lol.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options

Wtf is wrong with you???
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options
    Wow.... You are so delusional, you should even be thankful someone replied.

Don't stress too much, relax a bit ;)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    While the idea is interesting, and I can see maybe one server going up, on the East coast, PvP enabled, and it would be like PW1 in China with the subscription....

You derailed your own thread, and it's just stupid now. Closing.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.