LOOKING FORWARD TO GOF

bhaven
bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Archer
Lets face it. We're all rerolling our purge.
What defensive buff would you take though?
I have wanted tidal on an archer for some time now but without relative proc rates its hard to say whether purify or the immune/stealth is better.

can't wait for all the QQ about archers being OP though,

in the famous words of Rihanna: archers need another nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf nerf
Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    >it was already hinted on that our G17 will be different from china
    >inb4 archers can only get purge proc and some **** other procs but no GoF

How mad would you archers be if this were to happen?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    Not that mad considering we're already the worst class in 2016.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I dunno why everybody has such a boner for GoF bow. Even with GoF we still deal less damage than any other DD class but we also lose all of our utility with purge proc. I am really torn bout this, purge has been nerfed but nothing dies nowdays w/o purge/half a squad working on a single target for 30s+ (which generally costs you a lot).

If you are interested in 1vs1s as a priority, GoF bow definitely offers more than purge as we already can camp with our +12 R9T3 bows for purge if somebody insists on buffed 1vs1. In mass I can see myself being forced to camp my then outdated R9T3 bow just for purges because we dont really have any venos that PK actively.

My dilemma is, because I couldnt care less bout 1vs1s, why should I take GoF when I will be camping purge bow most of the time anyways? Instead I could have bit more damage and defensive proc to keep me alive if I rolled for purge on G17. Sure, I sacrifice chance to ever kill anything alone but lets face it, we dont kill anything alone anyways. Even with GoF the list of classes we can kill will be short. I understand I am in minority with the view of thinking of keeping purge but thats what discussions are for :).

As for defensive proc, I cant for the life of mine to remember them all nor find them right now but I think our main options are Purify and the untargetable proc. If and when we are getting focused for the proc to proc, we are generally caught and things like tidal wont get us out of it as we are extremely squishy class. Purify is a strong option to get distance quickly on attackers. Untargetable one buys us few seconds to leap away/holypath away. The main issue with untargetable one though for me is how I am rarely caught with those things up(Or use genie for AD initially[My genie isnt ideal but been too lazy to bother making new one]) and even if I got untargetable proc, it would really only buy me its duration more time alive.

So in short I am thinking of purge + purify bow to be purging nuisance to shame all the venos!
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Gonna state it now: purify is probably not the best idea for archers due to your anti-stuns. I'd go untargetable/focused mind/tidal.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    chary said:

Gonna state it now: purify is probably not the best idea for archers due to your anti-stuns. I'd go untargetable/focused mind/tidal.​​

Antistuns dont overwrite each other. So even if I puri procced during WoG, I assume my WoG antistun would stay active, unless Puri works differently. Dont really see harm in puri when our antistuns cant be overwritten by it.

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    idk, I recall so many times using a shadow binder powder in nw, having purify proc right after, and then the anti-stun doesn't last the full duration of the pot, but maybe I should test it.​​
  • keihan007#7641
    chary said:

idk, I recall so many times using a shadow binder powder in nw, having purify proc right after, and then the anti-stun doesn't last the full duration of the pot, but maybe I should test it.​​

It could be different with purify proc, cant say as I dont have access to test it. But current archer antistuns do not overwrite each other and thus I`d be surprised if purify did. Wouldnt be first time PWI doesnt make sense though.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Basically the speed increase gets overwritten not the anti stun. So if you used a shadow binder and then puri proc'ed after, your speed increase would last the length of the puri proc, but your anti stun would last the length of the shadow binder.

I think for archer I would go GoF and Untargetable, but want to know the proc rates/duration and whether you can attack/use skills whilst untargetable, before I make up my mind.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • patrickhuong
    patrickhuong Posts: 172 Arc User
    you can always rotate RRR9 bow and G17 bow lol (use RRR9 bow to purge then back to g17 bow to damage)
    you all might worry about the arrow thingy, but i am sure they will fix the arrow from the base to be usable by G17 bow soon...or i hope