Uncharted Paradise - Expansion seems doomed to fail

Options
2»

Comments

• dotz02lost
    dotz02lost Posts: 10 Arc User
    Options
    To be completely honest if you don't even have end game gear you shouldn't be farming the G17 mats to begin with. Even if you attempted to farm all the G17 mats you will still need to spend around 5b-10b on homestead just to get the require materials for 3rd-5th cast. That being said if you don't have r9 end game gear now what makes you think you will be able to afford G17 mats? This instance was created for players who already hit the upperbound and were getting bored of the game because they couldn't advance any higher. Even with the existence of the instance the current farm time for a G17 weapon is about 2-3 years given the drop chance and no tournament to get the other essential materials.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    Options

To be completely honest if you don't even have end game gear you shouldn't be farming the G17 mats to begin with. Even if you attempted to farm all the G17 mats you will still need to spend around 5b-10b on homestead just to get the require materials for 3rd-5th cast. That being said if you don't have r9 end game gear now what makes you think you will be able to afford G17 mats? This instance was created for players who already hit the upperbound and were getting bored of the game because they couldn't advance any higher. Even with the existence of the instance the current farm time for a G17 weapon is about 2-3 years given the drop chance and no tournament to get the other essential materials.

let them do it, they seem to be happy for now and thats the point of the game after all.
    i personally am fully endgame and did not even enter this instance, eventually all these enthusiastic farmers will realise their wasted time and effort and put their mats for sale :)
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    That is pretty much how I view it. I really am liking the home stuff. I've been making a ton of coin contracting, and then spending it on upgrading buildings. Also I love looking for cornucopia, its like an Easter egg hunt all the time now. The randomness can be a bit much though. Sometimes you get 56 coins in an envelope and everyone else gets 150k or more, sometimes you get 2m and everyone else gets 8k and everything in between.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    This instance should be unlimited times a day.. I mean none can solo it (yet because some people can multi task that well :open_mouth: ) even if a squad set out to farm it 8 hours a day thats 10 people that need 61 rare drops each.. I have done a lot of runs and not once has rare mat dropped so even if our houses are max pres and level still gonna take months if not 1-2 years to get all required mats.. But knowing PWE they gonna wait a bit release mats in boutique and make some $$$ just like with star chart items..
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    aphrodita said:

let them do it, they seem to be happy for now and thats the point of the game after all.
    i personally am fully endgame and did not even enter this instance, eventually all these enthusiastic farmers will realise their wasted time and effort and put their mats for sale :)

I'd be happy if I would be able to sell my g17 mats. Unfortunately they are bound, you even can't put them into account stash. :/

I'm also pretty sure that it will become cheaper/faster to obtain g17.5 in the future. The big CSers get it first, all others will get it later.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    theres enough ppl on each server lurking in the sahdows with 50b+ in coins, just waiting for the mats to be obntainable :)
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    Non endgame players can run the instance and sell the materials to the endgame players that are interested in the G17 weapons. I think that would be the best possible outcome because it would create a new market, non endgame players would have something to farm (kinda) and a way to make some coin while endgame players will want to turn their gold into coins to buy the materials allowing for a better gold circulation.

Well, that is the ideal. What actually happens is another matter. Still, I'm fairly sure the instance can be done with a decently refined, well coordinated G16 Nirvana squad. How do you think players in PWCN run the instance? I actually want to try the instance on a lesser geared toon, though right now all of my G16 Nirvana alts aren't Astral X so I can't enter.

I think some people need start taking the initiative and form their own squads. There are a lot of players who refuse to form their own squads and just wait until something pops up in faction or WC. I understand some players have anxiety and other problems, but some are just too lazy to form themselves and wait for others to do it. tiger-27.gif

​​
  • mulier
    Options

. I understand some players have anxiety and other problems, but some are just too lazy to form themselves and wait for others to do it. tiger-27.gif

​​

wasnt that exactly what u wanted ppl to be able to? - farm the mats and sell to others? *confused here*

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Options
    mulier wrote: »
    wasnt that exactly what u wanted ppl to be able to? - farm the mats and sell to others? *confused here*

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. o.O ​​
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    Options
    The cost is honestly the primary reason why I ignore it. The most I've had EVER at one time was like 114m though in total I've probably gone through close to 1b since 2009.

Generally I consider 10m to be both a lot for me to have on hand, and completely useless to buy anything with. The 6m fees for upgrading buildings and the price of getting a lv2 trophy of 4m are things I can barely afford unless i get contracts to cover it.

I see some people putting things out for 20m when I put them at 6.5m and feel like I'm overpricing it, but I have to or I can't cover my costs.

The fees associated with crafting g17 stuff? Yeah, no. Even back when actually killing monsters provided ANY incentive, calculating fees in the billions would have been just at ludicrous to me.

The gear I have now, which is more than enough for all PVE content I've ever ran used to be fairly affordable. Now though, I'm wearing stuff that would probably cost over 1b, and half that would be the refines alone. Seriously, the price of dragon orbs is outrageous. 1* is approaching the 1m mark.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • mulier
    Options

The cost is honestly the primary reason why I ignore it. The most I've had EVER at one time was like 114m though in total I've probably gone through close to 1b since 2009.

Generally I consider 10m to be both a lot for me to have on hand, and completely useless to buy anything with. The 6m fees for upgrading buildings and the price of getting a lv2 trophy of 4m are things I can barely afford unless i get contracts to cover it.

I see some people putting things out for 20m when I put them at 6.5m and feel like I'm overpricing it, but I have to or I can't cover my costs.

The fees associated with crafting g17 stuff? Yeah, no. Even back when actually killing monsters provided ANY incentive, calculating fees in the billions would have been just at ludicrous to me.

The gear I have now, which is more than enough for all PVE content I've ever ran used to be fairly affordable. Now though, I'm wearing stuff that would probably cost over 1b, and half that would be the refines alone. Seriously, the price of dragon orbs is outrageous. 1* is approaching the 1m mark.

refines are done with event gold, up till +8. if you never did that, start doing it from now on :)

and i do agree , the inflation we got in pwi is abnormal. but thats kinda the deal in any f2p model out there, that got a more or less palyer drivenm community.

i used to paly another game , with an essential item, that used to be worth 3m ingame coins ( for the sake of argument, think it is gold or zen) .. this same item is now worth 120m each. and like 5k are required to do progress ingame. just a normal way of aging mmos in f2p market.

couple that with devs that are sitting in china, and a really hard grinding playerbase in china, and patches done for them only... it kidna makes sense, the fiasco pwi is in. in terms of economy.

on the otehr hand... its merchants paradise in pwi :)

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    mulier said:

Not really, the massive hindering factor is inability to buy gold in bulk due AH caps.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    Options
    tuttle said:

Nirvana is also in the level 5 workshop quest list lol, had to do it on my new and old main both yesterday.

As far as Uncharted (UP, UCP, what's our acronym here?) goes, I *WILL* take non-r9s3 players, as long as they listen, and fit the role list I am looking for, if the squad isn't going to be capable of spark killing, I want a proper squad with buffs, debuffs, etc.

Barb (tank for last boss - I won't bring a non-r9 barb, since it'll be hard to hold aggro)
    Cleric (obvious - also won't bring a non-r9 cleric, as we need a cleric who can stay alive)
    Mystic (invigorate is great, res buff)
    Seeker (debuffs are amazing)
    BM (HF/GS)
    Veno (purges, amps)
    Storm (their magic debuffs...)
    Dusk (buffs - very optional)

Beyong those 8 its a crapshoot, I very rarely bring a psy, try to avoid doubling up on classes

Ty for listing your requirements. Just goes to reinforce the impression I have that UP will contribute to my leaving.

My main is a sin which you might only take if you have been asking for a 10th person for a while
    My barb is g16 and not even +10 at that
    My cleric is partly g16 and partly rr8 so wont be invited either
    Mystic doesnt have any of the good aoe party buffs as yet
    Seeker is g16 and low refinements as is BM (if I get the armor back from the barb above)
    Veno is again g16 like the seeker, not to mention my storm and dusk as well
    My psy is my strongest character apart from my sin but you don't seem to want either.

So, if leaders follow your example I wont get in any UP parties, ever.
  • mulier
    Options
    saxroll said:

mulier said:

Not really, the massive hindering factor is inability to buy gold in bulk due AH caps.
    no offense, BUT.... if merching is buying gold and selling for some profit there , thats kinda 10% of the whole package.
    thats not what im speaking of... at all.

and even if it was ... all u had to do.. buy gold for 4m each... sell for 6m+ when packs hit the market again....
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Options

Non endgame players can run the instance and sell the materials to the endgame players that are interested in the G17 weapons. I think that would be the best possible outcome because it would create a new market, non endgame players would have something to farm (kinda) and a way to make some coin while endgame players will want to turn their gold into coins to buy the materials allowing for a better gold circulation.

Well, that is the ideal. What actually happens is another matter. Still, I'm fairly sure the instance can be done with a decently refined, well coordinated G16 Nirvana squad. How do you think players in PWCN run the instance? I actually want to try the instance on a lesser geared toon, though right now all of my G16 Nirvana alts aren't Astral X so I can't enter.

I think some people need start taking the initiative and form their own squads. There are a lot of players who refuse to form their own squads and just wait until something pops up in faction or WC. I understand some players have anxiety and other problems, but some are just too lazy to form themselves and wait for others to do it. tiger-27.gif

​​

Most of non endgame players dont want to run a simple warsong without 1 or 2 endgame player.
    giphy.gif

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Options
    mulier said:

saxroll said:

mulier said:

no offense, BUT.... if merching is buying gold and selling for some profit there , thats kinda 10% of the whole package.
    thats not what im speaking of... at all.

and even if it was ... all u had to do.. buy gold for 4m each... sell for 6m+ when packs hit the market again....

I could effectively deal with some endgame items on the side but the effort is rarely too worthwhile. The main source for income to any major merchant is gold market, its simply way too easy to make a lot of coin on atm. This is assuming one abides ToS and doesnt have legion of catshops around Archosaur. At the rate I am going, I bank 1.5-2b monthly, which even in a year is 18-24b. Pretty much everything I need `cept G17 wep paid for.

I could make more coin if I could buy gold in bulk but I am mostly wanting the free Nuema Portal cards from spend promos as I would have the capital to easily get them if only buying gold in bulk was an option. Guess I stick with CF all eternity or till Nuema Portal becomes obtainable in reasonable ways or gold prices drop to under 4m.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't mind taking a couple lower geared people to the instance, but damn, please have the proper buffs (i.e. invig+mass res for myst) or debuffs (i.e. Perigian Tide for sbs) for your class or you're basically like dead weight to the run.

Edit- For the love of god, stop making instances that require a **** barb to tank unless you're OP as balls.​​
    Post edited by chary on
  • csquared5
    csquared5 Posts: 150 Arc User
    Options
    Ideal UP squad imo is this:

1 barb (for his hp buff, titans---ideally demon for 5% crit on entire squad, and for tanking last boss; since his genie is probably high strength, he should do tangling mire as well)
    1 cleric (for buffs, rezzes, heals, and mark of weakness debuff for extra 15% crit on boss)
    1 mystic (rez buff, invigorate buff for 20% more dmg on skills)
    1 blademaster (glacial spike debuff is 50% magic debuff, 90% physical debuff, heavens flame is 100% amp for 9s if demon)
    1 venomancer (amplify dmg 25 or 30% boost, quite good dps if they use empyrean harpy pet)
    1 seeker (hopefully didn't make the mistake of upgrading to chaos blade, because sage Soul Shatter is very OP; seeker provides defense level debuffs, 50% metal debuff, amps or crit debuffs to all types of dmg)
    1 assassin (sage, 50% subsea strike-after it finishes, somebody needs to do extreme poison right away; sin and db are pretty close in terms of max dps)
    1 stormbringer (perigean tide 100% metal and water debuff, new ultimate skill dark maelstrom 40% elemental debuff in pve)
    1 wizard (undine strike debuff, and because they have the best burst dps with their new ultimate skill, especially when combined with seeker's SS and wizard's spark debuff from high dext genie)
    1 duskblade (because they are simply put the highest dps class in the game)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming the above squad, we get the following list of debuffs and squad buffs, if all ultimate skills are max level.

Amps:

All dmg: 100% for 9s from bm's heavens flame, 25 or 30% for 20 or 25s from veno's amplify dmg, 50% for 8s from sin's subsea strike
    Physical amp: 50% from seeker's heart shatter
    Fire amp: 150% for 20s from seeker's soul shatter
    Earth amp: 150% for 20s from seeker's soul shatter
    Metal amp: 50% from seeker's heart shatter

Defense debuffs:

Physical: 90% for 10s from bm's glacial spike, 50% for 10s from barb's tangling mire
    Elemental (all): 60% for 10s from bm's glacial spike, 40% for 20s from sb's dark maelstrom ulti
    Fire debuff: 60% for 12s from wiz undine strike, 100% for 6s from wiz spark genie debuff
    Earth debuff: 60% for 12s from wiz undine strike
    Water debuff: 60% for 12s from wiz undine strike, 100% for 10s(?) from sb's perigean tide
    Metal debuff: 100% for 10s(?) from sb's perigean tide, 50% for 10s from seeker's ion spike (or 30% from demon cleric's thunder crash)
    Wood debuff: 30% for 6s if demon veno

Defense level debuff:

~80-90 defense levels from seeker's sacrificial strike, 10 or 20 defense levels depending on the stance he uses

Crit debuffs:

All: 15% from cleric's mark of weakness
    Fire: 50% from seeker's soul shatter
    Earth: 50% from seeker's soul shatter
    Water: 50% from seeker's mind shatter
    Wood: 50% from seeker's mind shatter

Dmg Buffs:

All: 20% more skill dmg from mystic's invigorate buff
    Physical dmg: 40 or 50% of wep dmg boost from barb's strength of titans
    Magic dmg: 70% of wep dmg boost from cleric's spirit's gift

------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, the more basic structure of a squad looks more like this:

1 barb
    1 cleric
    1 blademaster
    1 venomancer
    1 seeker
    1 sage assassin
    1 mystic

Then we have 3 spots for other classes, and, as long as you have the classes listed above, you should still have a nuke squad. The remaining classes are:

-stormbringer
    -psychic
    -wizard
    (these 3 classes work well together)
    -archer (new metal debuff is 80%, so if your squad has a strong cleric and stormbringer, archer will boost their dmg a lot)
    -duskblade (no essential debuffs, but very strong dps)

This means 3 spots for 5 classes. Not too bad. I've also done nuke squads without a mystic before. Consider that a mystic boosts skill dmg by 20%. 20% extra dmg on 10 people the equivalent of 2 ppl's worth of dmg. This can (almost) be replaced if you have a very strong dps like a duskblade instead, who does as much dps as 2 ordinary dds (mystic still superior because a mystic has some own dps to contribute as well, of course).

I think more important than a perfect debuff squad is having intelligent players who don't waste time!

Cheers~

»Go back to sleep...« PWI Youtube Channel

• kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Options
    csquared5 said:

Ideal UP squad imo is this:

1 barb (for his hp buff, titans---ideally demon for 5% crit on entire squad, and for tanking last boss; since his genie is probably high strength, he should do tangling mire as well)
    1 cleric (for buffs, rezzes, heals, and mark of weakness debuff for extra 15% crit on boss)
    1 mystic (rez buff, invigorate buff for 20% more dmg on skills)
    1 blademaster (glacial spike debuff is 50% magic debuff, 90% physical debuff, heavens flame is 100% amp for 9s if demon)
    1 venomancer (amplify dmg 25 or 30% boost, quite good dps if they use empyrean harpy pet)
    1 seeker (hopefully didn't make the mistake of upgrading to chaos blade, because sage Soul Shatter is very OP; seeker provides defense level debuffs, 50% metal debuff, amps or crit debuffs to all types of dmg)
    1 assassin (sage, 50% subsea strike-after it finishes, somebody needs to do extreme poison right away; sin and db are pretty close in terms of max dps)
    1 stormbringer (perigean tide 100% metal and water debuff, new ultimate skill dark maelstrom 40% elemental debuff in pve)
    1 wizard (undine strike debuff, and because they have the best burst dps with their new ultimate skill, especially when combined with seeker's SS and wizard's spark debuff from high dext genie)
    1 duskblade (because they are simply put the highest dps class in the game)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Assuming the above squad, we get the following list of debuffs and squad buffs, if all ultimate skills are max level.

Amps:

All dmg: 100% for 9s from bm's heavens flame, 25 or 30% for 20 or 25s from veno's amplify dmg, 50% for 8s from sin's subsea strike
    Physical amp: 50% from seeker's heart shatter
    Fire amp: 150% for 20s from seeker's soul shatter
    Earth amp: 150% for 20s from seeker's soul shatter
    Metal amp: 50% from seeker's heart shatter

Defense debuffs:

Physical: 90% for 10s from bm's glacial spike, 50% for 10s from barb's tangling mire
    Elemental (all): 60% for 10s from bm's glacial spike, 40% for 20s from sb's dark maelstrom ulti
    Fire debuff: 60% for 12s from wiz undine strike, 100% for 6s from wiz spark genie debuff
    Earth debuff: 60% for 12s from wiz undine strike
    Water debuff: 60% for 12s from wiz undine strike, 100% for 10s(?) from sb's perigean tide
    Metal debuff: 100% for 10s(?) from sb's perigean tide, 50% for 10s from seeker's ion spike (or 30% from demon cleric's thunder crash)
    Wood debuff: 30% for 6s if demon veno

Defense level debuff:

~80-90 defense levels from seeker's sacrificial strike, 10 or 20 defense levels depending on the stance he uses

Crit debuffs:

All: 15% from cleric's mark of weakness
    Fire: 50% from seeker's soul shatter
    Earth: 50% from seeker's soul shatter
    Water: 50% from seeker's mind shatter
    Wood: 50% from seeker's mind shatter

Dmg Buffs:

All: 20% more skill dmg from mystic's invigorate buff
    Physical dmg: 40 or 50% of wep dmg boost from barb's strength of titans
    Magic dmg: 70% of wep dmg boost from cleric's spirit's gift

------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, the more basic structure of a squad looks more like this:

1 barb
    1 cleric
    1 blademaster
    1 venomancer
    1 seeker
    1 sage assassin
    1 mystic

Then we have 3 spots for other classes, and, as long as you have the classes listed above, you should still have a nuke squad. The remaining classes are:

-stormbringer
    -psychic
    -wizard
    (these 3 classes work well together)
    -archer (new metal debuff is 80%, so if your squad has a strong cleric and stormbringer, archer will boost their dmg a lot)
    -duskblade (no essential debuffs, but very strong dps)

This means 3 spots for 5 classes. Not too bad. I've also done nuke squads without a mystic before. Consider that a mystic boosts skill dmg by 20%. 20% extra dmg on 10 people the equivalent of 2 ppl's worth of dmg. This can (almost) be replaced if you have a very strong dps like a duskblade instead, who does as much dps as 2 ordinary dds (mystic still superior because a mystic has some own dps to contribute as well, of course).

I think more important than a perfect debuff squad is having intelligent players who don't waste time!

Cheers~

Dont forget db buffs has 15% extra attack bonus vs mobs (not 100% sure if it works in pvp)
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Surprised no one likes psy's considering they have a +15% squad crit mob debuff as well as an ulti that doubles their damage(a bit more than 50% increase if they sparking though) without the drawback a wiz has. Also sb ulti is 40% m AND p def debuff that stacks with everything
    Post edited by demansfairy on
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • mulier
    Options
    seeker psy sb is what i like :P