Assassin soloing Puppeteer

lordkorax1
lordkorax1 Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello everyone! Do you guys know whether I'll be able to solo Puppeteerwith this gear? http://mypers.pw/8/#362939

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    If you know what you are doing, possibly. The bleed it does might be too much for your gear to handle though.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Granted you know what you are doing, yes. But with that gear it is going to take a lot of time and thus meaning you need to keep timing a lot of things.

Just some tips, though you probably will know that already (or should know already)
    • APS is useless against this boss, use chill of the deep and DPS it.
    • Watch his dialog in the chat window. I'm not sure what it was he says, but he says something about not being able to pass or whatever, he says that just before he does the teleport to jail.
    • Try to preserve your sparks for purifying the bleed, because you won't be able to handle that, and the return of BP won't save you
    • Try to preserve skills that generate sparks for when you will need them (teleport and bleed)
    ​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    dblazen1 said:

Granted you know what you are doing, yes. But with that gear it is going to take a lot of time and thus meaning you need to keep timing a lot of things.

Just some tips, though you probably will know that already (or should know already)

• APS is useless against this boss, use chill of the deep and DPS it.
    • Watch his dialog in the chat window. I'm not sure what it was he says, but he says something about not being able to pass or whatever, he says that just before he does the teleport to jail.
    • Try to preserve your sparks for purifying the bleed, because you won't be able to handle that, and the return of BP won't save you
    • Try to preserve skills that generate sparks for when you will need them (teleport and bleed)
    ​​
    The timing is 10seconds from aggro'ing he does the 1st Jail teleport which you need to immune resist (spark/faith/haxxing on tidal works), then every 30 seconds after that.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    darkonome wrote: »

APS is useless against this boss, use chill of the deep and DPS it.
    Watch his dialog in the chat window. I'm not sure what it was he says, but he says something about not being able to pass or whatever, he says that just before he does the teleport to jail.
    Try to preserve your sparks for purifying the bleed, because you won't be able to handle that, and the return of BP won't save you
    Try to preserve skills that generate sparks for when you will need them (teleport and bleed)

The timing is 10seconds from aggro'ing he does the 1st Jail teleport which you need to immune resist (spark/faith/haxxing on tidal works), then every 30 seconds after that.

tiger-2.gif I forgot the exact interval since it's been ages that i've done it so I wasn't sure, but yeah, that's how I used to do it when I solo'd him.

Just a note, tidal should not be used as a main source to evade the jail, treat it more as a 50-66% (level10/demon or sage) fail safe if you mess up your spark timing.

Mask is more fun, use triple spark just before he throws the buff on you (do not use spark to avoid the buff it gives you, obviously), 1-2m hits on mask and mobs around are fun tiger-2.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• darkonome
    dblazen1 said:

Just a note, tidal should not be used as a main source to evade the jail, treat it more as a 50-66% (level10/demon or sage) fail safe if you mess up your spark timing.

​​

Yep hence the 'haxxing' :# but of course zomg sage tidal so OP evadesss evrytin evrytim. ;)
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    You can't really go with the 10 second and then 30 second thing... Sure it is around that time, but it is also kinda like frog, sometimes a bit earlier, sometimes a bit later.

But good luck on doing with those gears, can only imagine how much the bleed would hurt...
  • npc15
    npc15 Posts: 229 Arc User
    So what I do is I spark at 9 seconds, because the 3 second immunity from spark goes from 9-12s so you should be fine there. The bleed is gonna hurt you with those gears and you'll likely need some pots or charm ticks to survive. Get Physical defense buffs from cleric/BM because it'll help with the bleed damage. Spark again at 39 seconds, etc.

At the end of the day go give it a try. It might take a few times to get used to the timing with the sparks, but if you can't get it after a few tries then you may need to upgrade your gear a bit. No matter what it'll take some time so it might be more efficient to grab a friend and farm him together and split the drops. Especially with 2x on you'll still get good drops
    WbG9jxx.png
    Thanks Adilynne for the awesome sig :)
    My Youtube Channel

Tempest <3
  • darkonome
    Additional helpful point; the bleed also gives you an temporary p-att buff and some chi, iirc around a spark and a half.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • kickoflegend
    kickoflegend Posts: 17 Arc User
    no u can't if you dont want charm ****.