Homestead Guide Collection

spatz1993
spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
edited August 2016 in Dungeons & Tactics
So i made a guide about the new feature "Homestead" for my faction, but thought it might come in handy for others as well so here you go.
- I tried to collect some infos on my own in game and made several researches in our PWI forum.
Since that feature is also new for me i can not fully ensure that everything is right. so feel free to comment if i explained anything wrong or if you want to add anything :)

Why do i need a Homestead?
You can obtain new skill items and G17 weapon materials over time.
You can create a place for yourself/friends to hang out.
You can offer people to craft items in your homestead and earn coins like that.

Requirement:
Level 90+
Cultivation 89+ [EDIT BY DOMINO] Adjusted the cultivation number to reflect the actual value needed. :)
35.000 Reputation

[ Tips to get reputation for (almost) free: ]
Level 95+ > Morai Reputation , can use 20x80 reputation badges daily (need 1500 prestige, consumes 5 influence per badge)
Warsong Emblems to craft Wraith Officer Badges (25 Reputation)
-> 2 Emblems = 1 Badge
get warsong emblems in full warsong runs or
exchange FSP coins for warsong emblems > 1 FSPcoin = 12 Emblems = 6 Badges

How do i activate my homestead?
As soon you fulfill the mentioned requirements you will receive a Pop-Up.
Follow the questline and you will be ported to your homestead at the end of the chain.
[Note: At the beginning of the chain you got to kill a Sigil Dragon, fly around and find the blue/silver dragons, NOT the golden one where your quest tracker leads you to at first]

First Steps in my homestead:
There is a small in game introduction that leads you quick through the first steps to place your buildings and the interface, i will try to explain here a little more in detail for what your buildings are actually used.

Functional Buildings

Farm/Ranch

Your can earn Cerise Gems and experience for your homestead with your Fragrance Garden & Charger's Paradise.
You need Cerise Gems to maintain your homes cleanness and to activate resources production.
You have to buy seeds and animals in Archosaur West at NPC Vyn Ren, the Trainer (522. 659) or get high level seeds/animals in Uncharted Paradise Instance.

Fragrance Garden
In your garden you will have to seed plants to receive image Cerise Gems.
You can choose between 3 basic seeds.

- Wheat > 1 hour growth time (8.400 coins/seed)
- Peppers > 4 hours growth time (33.600 coins/seed)
- Pumpkins > 12 hours growth time (100.800 coins/seed)

Harvesting those plants will award you also with experience for your homestead. The shorter the growth time of your plants, the better is your experience income, but it also requires more work like that.
If you upgrade your garden, you will receive more experience and cerise gems over time.

Charger's Paradise:
Here you can place animals to receive image Cerise Gems.
You can choose again between 3 basic animals.

- Baby Bunny > 1 hour growth time (10.500 coins/animal)
- Pheasant Chicks > 4 hours growth time (42.000 coins/animal)
- Baby Goats > 12 hours growth time (126.000 coins/animal)

Harvesting those animals will award you also with experience for your homestead. The shorter the growth time of your animals, the better is your experience income, but it also requires more work like that.
If you upgrade your Charger's Paradise, you will receive more experience and cerise gems over time.

Resources Production

You have 4 Workshops/Gallery's to produce new resources.
Jewel Gallery - Void Workshop - Fashion Gallery - Curio Gallery

You have to fill up those workshops with image Cerise Gems in order to make them start working.

You can add gems manually or fill them up instantly.
You have to empty your stock regularly, click on the collect button for it.
If your timer hits 0 hours, or if your stock reached its max limit the production will stop

Jewel Gallery
In your Jewel Gallery you produce image Jadestones.

Void Workshop
In your Void Workshop you produce the material image Deity Wood.

Fashion Gallery
In your Fashion Gallery you produce image Brocade.

Curio Gallery
In your Curio Gallery you produce image Transition Crystals.

Make sure to ugrade your workshops.
Each upgrade will need different amounts of resources and cerise gem and will consume coins.
Upgrading will increase the production amount of resources over time and your resources stock.

Item Production

Your Wonder Market and Heavenly Creation Shop are used to craft items like trees, buildings, furniture and so much more.
You can open your Codex to find the list of available items and to find out the requirement for those items.
Crafting items will consume energy and resources, most recipes are limited aswell.
Every day you can complete a daily task/quest on your buildings to earn new recipes.

Wonder Market
In your Wonder Market you can only craft items for yourself.
You can craft trees, flowers and trophys here.
The higher your wonder market the more different daily quests u can receive for it.
Example:
Open your Quest tab > Delivery.
You will find a red quest called Gardening Manual Page.
Accept the quest and you will receive the page in your inventory, open the delivery quest tab again.
If your wonder market is upgraded you will find a list of possible quests, if it only has the basic level you just have to pick it.
Read the quest info before picking one, it lists the possible recipes you can get with it, check in Codex if u are unsure how the items look like. [Nature> Tree - Flower]

To complete the quest you will most likely try to find a hermit, they are hidden all over the open world map in pwi.
Merchants in small villages will give you 1 free echo item, that will give 1 random hint about one of the many npcs. Ask in world/faction chat or friends if you cant find the hidden NPC.

In order to get Trophy recipes, you have to buy Basic Trophy Chests in Archosaur West at Vyn Ren, the Trainer (522. 659). You can combine those chests for higher grade trophy recipes.

Heavenly Creation Workshop
Here you can craft items for yourself and other people can visit your home to craft items if you set a contract free.

Basic Recipes:
At the beginning you will receive basic recipes from your quest, but you can also obtain more from a Merchant in small villages.
The Merchant sells Residence > Building recipes for different prices and Generic Design Pack: Basic (105.000 each), those packs will grant you 1 random recipe, so you have to try your luck.

As soon your homestead reaches level 4 you can upgrade your Heavenly Creation Workshop for the first time. At this point you will have to choose a mastery of four.
You can have only one mastery at the time, so choose one you like. It is possible to reset the mastery, but as soon you do that you will loose your already learned mastery recipes.

Mastery's:
You can choose between four masterys:

- Construction
- Decoration
- Furnishing
- Handcraft

Once you did choose your mastery you will receive every day a new quest for new recipes based on your learned mastery.
After picking your workshop quest you may be ported out of your homestead, make sure you will NOT afk, the quest acception will be timed and is really short like 30 seconds. People with latency problems reported already that the quest failed and you can not redo it, so pay attention here. Walk to your NPC, deliver the quest, port back asap to your home and finish the quest in your questlog.!
If you upgrade your workshop you may receive different tasks in your quest.

Level 6 Mastery Quest - Elementalist Locations
Metal Elementalist ~ Forest of Haze (690. 493)
Wood Elementalist ~ Broken Plain (363. 894)
Water Elementalist ~ Icespine Pass (470. 285)
Earth Elementalist ~ Land of Buried Bones (130. 415)
Fire Elementalist ~ Land of the Burning Heart (131. 782)

Contracts:
You can set up contracts, means you offer people to craft items on your homestead and receive money for it.
You (Vendor) provide Energy Costs + the recipe.
The Customer will use his own resources + pay the price you set + fee it costs to craft the item.
Once you set up a contract your required energy will be locked down > you can not use it unless you cancel the contract.
Make sure you do not forbid people to enter your homestead if you want to sell items to random people, they need to visit your buildings in order to craft it.
You can control that way if you want to give a friend some free/cheap goods as well, just change your settings as it pleases.

Post edited by thenamesdomino on

Comments

• spatz1993
    edited May 2016

Others:

Prosperity:
    The higher your prosperity the better it will affect your homestead:

- your max energy will increase
    - you get better chances to craft items with a fine product rate (greater value)
    - influence the production efficiency of your resources
    - you can get higher quality collection daily quests [Mulberry,Cyan, etc...] see the chances here

To increase your prosperity you will have to manage your valuable assets.
    Open your Codex in your menu and click on the bottom on Manage Assets [1] on the picture - a list of your Properties will open. As you see you can add per section type 1 item.
    Choose the item with the most prosperity > check your codex, click the item[2] and on your bottom "Valuable Assets"[3], the item will be highlighted with a star.
    Section types that are highlighted with a red dot will show you that you can still assign a item with higher value.
    We already assigned 1 item at our "Wall"- section, it is still highlighted, means we got a better item to assign, while
    "Carve" for example has no red dot, nor does it show up in our properties list, means we still need to craft a item before we can assign anything in that section.

Cleanness:
    You need to keep your house "clean".
    Everyday at midnight (00:00) a certain amount of cleanness will be consumed, you can spend Cerise Gems or in game coins to refill it. Or use the slider to split the costs into both.
    If you don't clean your house, you wont be able to edit your homestead,
    If your cleaness hits zero, your homestead will shut down, means nobody can visit you, the functional buildings will stop working and you can't complete your quests anymore.

Skills / G17 Materials:
    You can complete each day one Collection Quest in your homestead for items that are needed for your skillbooks or G17 materials.
    You have to craft severals items in your homestead in order to complete the quest.
    You can get higher quality collection quests with luck and depending on your prosperity.
    You get better rewards depending on the quality of the quest, for example:

- Mulbery Quest Reward (Sigil of Nightbloom, 8x Subsiding Dirt, Elysian Seal, 200.000 exp)
    - Cyan Quest Reward (Sigil of Nightbloom, 10x Subsiding Dirt, Elysian Seal, ★ Elysian Treasure Sack, 300.000 exp)
    - Click here to see all Quests (> click "show all quests")

You can refresh your questlist (max 5x) to receive quests with different item conditions or even higher quality.
    Refreshing will consume a certain amount of cerise gems.

To find out what materials you need for your skillupgrades and what your skills are head to Archosaur West to NPC Vyn Ren, the Trainer (522. 659).

To find out what materials you need to get/ upgrade your G17 weapon head to Archosaur West to NPC Vyn Yen, the Warrior (521. 657). He also has a questline for the first basic G17 weapon.

Cornucopia:
    You can craft some big pot of money to share Red Envelopes with friends and strangers.
    Head to West Archosaur (521. 657) and talk to the "Gold Bowl of Wonder", pick the quest to receive the recipe to craft your cornucopia and some free envelopes, you can buy more at same NPC as well. (Gold envelopes have a chance to give some random gift)
    You can craft the conucopia in your wondermarket and find it under Construction> Functional Building >Other.
    After crafting it you can put your own money in it and people can come to your home to grab it. (people mostly do it to receive likes for their homestead)
    Build some mazes or hide your Cornucopia, it can be really fun to look for them :)

Video Guides
    (credits to Desdi from Twilight Temple Server)

Basics
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTQGKQNSXHk

Questing and Upgrading
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lNMZdXeixw

Contracts and More
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgZZkrJAgNA

Sources and more usefull Info
    Homestead videos/guides
    Homestead - How to build
    property of homestead and relative quest and its reward

NPC Location Tools:
    http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/elysiumlocations/
    http://pwi.cu.cc/
    Post edited by spatz1993 on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Nice work! Thank you for adding my videos as well. monkey-2.gif​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    This will be very helpful on getting people started on their Homesteads. Posting a link to our faction forums. Thanks for creating.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    Very nice guide. For my part I've been collecting a lot of data but am not up to making an actual guide for it. Here is my collection (click the different sheets at bottom).
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AAMt28Evd2r62V5vh-cOG_W7cT132s8j6e3AfWtSFmg/edit#gid=0

It should be useful for those who go OCD about planning.
    ​​
  • darkonome
    asterelle said:

Very nice guide. For my part I've been collecting a lot of data but am not up to making an actual guide for it. Here is my collection (click the different sheets at bottom).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AAMt28Evd2r62V5vh-cOG_W7cT132s8j6e3AfWtSFmg/edit#gid=0

It should be useful for those who go OCD about planning.
    ​​

Thanks Asterelle!
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Can someone tell me why I cannot place any building anymore on in my homestead? Everytime I try to take a building or an object from the box were all the things are and place it on terrain it dissapears. For exemple: If I hold the void workshop with my mouse and try to move it and place it somewere on my land the void workshop becomes invisible. When I move my mouse in that box the void workshop appears again. It can be seen only in that box that apears when you click Construction in Menu.
    giphy.gif

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    When do I start getting this item daily ? http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/50427

It's Elysian Treasure Sack and will give :
    -War Avatar Pack A - 2 (25%)
    -War Avatar Pack S (10%)
    -War Avatar Chest: A (10%)
    -Astrobana Pearl Lv3 (20%)
    -Astrospira Pearl Lv2 - 2 (20%)
    -Nebula Dust Orb - 2 (15%)

Finally, another quest to get more nebula dust orb for leveling astral energy for starchart, still sucks though, it's not 100% and can get different item, but there is also a chance to get S pack.

From the old thread I thought Homestead only has 10 levels, which from attackerv's explanation lv 1-5 needs 600m coins, and lv 6-10 needs boutique items, but from Asterelle's spreadsheet, turns out it has 30 levels.

Which one is property value ? from the discussion a while back, it was said that we're gonna need 7000 property value to get red quest, which now I think is crimson quest to get the item above, and the completion was said will need UP run.

I'm totally confused now O_o
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @freygin you bascally can not get red quest until you buy level 10 trophy and level 10 everything(including many fine thing) in your homestead. but level 7-10 trophy combined by level 6, which is not sold in pwi BQ yet.
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @attackerv : Level 10 Homestead from max lv30 Homestead like in Asterelle's spreadsheet ?
  • darkonome
    He means lvl 10 assets/items, made from a Lvl 10 Heavenly Creation Workshop, which requires lvl 28 Homestead. (or contracting from others who have such a workshop)
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
  • cinnomonomnom
    cinnomonomnom Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    nevermind ignore this post
    Post edited by cinnomonomnom on
  • spatz1993
    added the elementalist locations for lv6 mastery quest and 1 more npc location website
  • aga2o
    aga2o Posts: 1 Arc User
    thx for the post