Did you attend NW? Pros and Cons vs xNW Please

monoftalm
monoftalm Posts: 118 Arc User
edited October 2016 in General Discussion
Hello,

Happy weekend everyone!

Please write few lines now after 1st week of old NW - did you attend and if you did give me pros and cons.

Please vote:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/pwi/#/discussion/1205985/how-many-want-xnw-back

Thank you!

Mono
<3
Post edited by monoftalm on

Comments

• monoftalm
    30-40% Less attendance Last night than Previous week!
    <3
  • amadhan#6486
    amadhan#6486 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    attended nw and it was painful,painful too look at,painful to play as its back to 4.20am for me :-) took over 9months at old nw time to aquire tokens to obtain ring upgrade so yep now its going back to that which means might be once a month if i am lucky il be able to attend nvm try upgrade items which is now a dream haha wasnt fun for me at all and really noticed the lack of people in lands and enjoyment in fights from Xnw,but alas it is what it is bye bye nw for some and others get back to what they always had to begin with so only ones can see at a loss are people in GMT time like myself you were afforded the opportunity to take part at a reasonable time for a short period of time,well i guess Xnw was fun while it lasted :!
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    I don't do it. I won't waste 4h for "fights" vs alts.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    NW was great on Twilight Temple. Lot of fun. My nation got last though QQ.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Had a blast on Etherblade. Would prefer seeing the Sunday NW being cross server and keep the Friday one as is.
  • sedskdfjkhsdf
    sedskdfjkhsdf Posts: 14 Arc User
    Did not attend since it is back to being 4am grrr...I was sound asleep
  • jamesmcd
    jamesmcd Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Played 2 hrs, had 10k contribution, was in 3rd place nation and got 85 supply tokens. This is similar to before xNW.

Average supply tokens for a 2nd place win in xNW and 6k contribution was around 150. I usually didnt get much contribution for being 1 shot after doing insignificant damage to RRR9's

Not as many RRR9 players 1 hitting me.

Not as many players period, but what can you expect with it being single server and not 4 servers worth of players.

Time just after lunch instead of some ungodly time in the morning (5:15 am last xNW). This may not suit all the time as I sometimes have things to do after lunch on weekends, but hey, cant win everything, although winning against a rrr9 would be nice.

Didn't have to go to TW so I could ignore that time conflict.

In short I didn't find it much worse or much better than xNW cause I now have to PVP for 4 hours a week to get the same supply tokens as xNW gave in 2. But there is the chance that the nation I get dumped into will win B) .
  • dylandarkk1
    dylandarkk1 Posts: 64 Arc User
    I love it. I had fun last friday NW. We missed the large numbers on map lol. And best of all i it was awesome fights. Tideswell here
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Why would I want to show to fight alts wolo
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • monoftalm
    Lets see attendance tonight, Id say 50% less players for sure, and Imo 50% more alts as per ussual in non XNWs

Good point is that Sunday NWs only West Coast players can attend in acceptable time for RL on Monday, not even East cost, and really no one more to the East can (this includes whole Europe and More to EuroAsia)

Beside NW being late on Friday (which in theory, everyone can attend coz Sat is next day) - Having xNW Sunday is a must.

Ill save my tokens few weeks and sell when prices sky rocket due to lack of tokens on server :3
    <3
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Pro's:

I didnt die.
    My charm didnt tick.
    I didnt have to do anything.

Cons:

I wanna do something when I play a game.
    Im gonna have to do this again some day when my Nation Wars pots run out.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,798 Community Moderator
    monoftalm wrote: »
    Hello,

Happy weekend everyone!

Please write few lines now after 1st week of old NW - did you attend and if you did give me pros and cons.

Thank you!

Mono

I wont be attending NW every week due to the time Zones.

Con.

Time Zone

Pro.

None that I really can think of.

Sorry a poor decision by PWE with out asking the players if this was something. I used to get up at 4am for NW was glad to see it at 8pm. Bad time for me to attend. Either way your please some ur annoy some ur upset some. So cant win. Really...

Here is my solution to this problem.

Have the NPC give Tokens out all day say Friday. The tokens are time limited to 4 days one use. So that means you can attend 1 NW per week. Restart the XNW Sunday and Leave the Friday night NW to just NW.

Any problems fire them my way and Ill think of an easy solution. this is really a Win Win for both players and PWE.

*Yes your all say but people will just use an alt and do both... Yes I will say and how is that any different from now?
    **But people will be able to do both NWs... No I will say as the token is consumed when entering NW.
    ***They could save the NW token till next week or pick it up later in the week... No I will say as the token can only be collected on a friday and will expire Sunday night at midnight CET, (After the XNW event)
    ****So you could still attend both NWs... Yes I would say, Using an alt would be possible to do this but with the time zones unlikely to or less likely to happen. (so Important it was worth mentioning Twice!)
    *****But XTW has more tokens than NW... Yes I may say this is something that SHOULD, be reviewed.

@thenamesdomino What do you think?​​
  • sasquatch87
    sasquatch87 Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Pro:

2x nw (except I only did one this week)
    Better time (kind of, late for me)

Cons:

Boring
    Mats gained from tokens dropped in buy/sell price

The irony in all this is, Twilight Temple had about 400+ ppl on Sunday which was the norm for xtw. X.x Just bring xnw back please.....or find away to make it work. Five minutes into nw I was yawning from being bord.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    I didn't go. It's not because of the time, but normal NW is boring because it's hard to get any decent fights. Judging by what other people have said, sounds like NW is back to having empty maps and 1shot alts.​​
  • dylandarkk1
    I dunno there were pretty decent fights at tideswell. I have nothing to complain.
  • dylandarkk1
    Guess i can see the saltiness of some posts lol.

Pros:

I get to have more tokens with everyone having equal chances at 1st rank.

I made more nw token this normal nw than xnw so im happy :)

Cons

Nothing really.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Anyone who makes more tokens with normal NW over cross-server NW, is doing something wrong.
    The times I did attend cross-server, I managed to get double the amount of tokens I normally got from the normal NW, and I was doing the exact same thing as I always did.
    If you can't manage to get at least the same amount in cross-server as you did in regular NW, then you're really just doing something wrong, in my opinion. Even if your nation is last place.

The pros of normal NW over cross server NW are non-existent. There's a lower amount of people, there's an increase of alt fodder.
    The rewards are lower as well.

Let's be honest, cross server NW is just a bigger version with a bigger reward over the normal NW. There are more people, there's more challenges to be found and yes, you'll probably die more.

Cross server NW would also be more balanced if the attending numbers were equal. Normal NW leans towards whoever has most of 1 or 2 certain factions in it.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    superfedee wrote: »
    i am really laughing my **** off atm
    where are all the NA guys that were like "boo we cant attend boo bad time we can't come bring back old nws you are favouring EU"
    and now after that NW was restored to evening supposedly giving more chances to NA players to attend it, instead their attendance dropped from 5-600 to 400-
    lmao

not that dawnglory had a different scenario tho, attendance dropped from 600 to 95-100 for each nation with 20% of alts per nation, had 1 good fight that we won after that enemies were leaving maps on-tab-me

fudging bullcrap

Wait until next week's to get actual attendance numbers. A lot of people didn't know the times for NW had changed because they don't bother to read news or patch notes. Same thing happened with the time zone changes. There was lowered attendance just because people didn't know about the adjustment. (and in one case, because Wanmei fudged the timing up on the server maps.)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Twilight Temple had another good fight last night. Flame did terribly but the other 3 were close to each other at the end.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Normal server NW so boring. Granted, easier for my half-finished mystic to survive in probably, but so so boring. I want to fight people I don't interact with on a daily basis.​​
  • raidsreign
    raidsreign Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    LMAO you ppl will find anything to biitch about yes NW is better now smaller map, shorter time to battles, not one sided to one nation everytime, better time to attend. As for where is all the NA ppl who complained about XNW they are happy now and dont need to post lol, and for ppl who say PWI did this without talking to player base i guess you forgot about the multi page thread about hating XNW and everyone saying to change it back or atleast make friday normal TW
  • nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Pros: None
    Cons: not enough ppl, no good fights

I want cross server nation back
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    I DO NOT CARE WHAT TYPE OF NW IS.

giphy.gif

• perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    nimao20 said:

Cries about lack of "good fights", plays on Dawnglory....

I guess by "good fights" you mean battles where your side is heavily favored and you don't need to worry about losing.

• baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    perrion said:

nimao20 said:

Cries about lack of "good fights", plays on Dawnglory....

I guess by "good fights" you mean battles where your side is heavily favored and you don't need to worry about losing.

Look who's talking... Forever loser. Srly, do I need to explaing to you what is a "good fight"?
This discussion has been closed.