Trials of Uncharted Paradise discussion

kittyempressa
kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
So, we've now been given some preview to Uncharted Paradise (UP #2 being latest at this original post) and looks like the trials are going to be quite a challenge indeed. To make the first runs a bit easier (and ultimately possible to even complete), we could try to find some hints to completing them.

Some time ago there was a video in the G17 weapon discussion so it might give some clue.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OsTNMPZpOAI
What Kitty's found from information given this far?

Recommended squad composition:
-Cleric+cleric/mystic to heal and ress.
-a wood DD(mystic or veno)
-earth+water+fire DDs(psy water/earth, wizzie fire/water/earth, archer for blazing arrow or SB water)
-someone with metal attacks(cleric, archer, seeker or SB).
-someone tanky who can keep aggro
-BM to hasten boss kills
-total of 10 squad members
-Casters with at least 8k base HP, LAs with at least 10k, HAs with at least 12k

Having super-high HP or full JOSDs aren't too much help here. These bosses are armed with maaaany 1-shot mechanisms.

How to enter?

Talk to Swordsman Zenray at Shoka Sanctuary in Primal World to enter Uncharted Paradise. Like most instances, you enter UP by yourself. Entering UP consumes 1 Silent Sea Sandgrain. You can get the required item daily from the entrance NPC.

Trial of Unity

This one ish the first trial of every run, resembling a chessboard.
According the video from PW-CN, this one ish about moving forward in turns. 5 players go to stand on green dots and next row of yellows turn into green. Another 5 players go to those new green dots to open another row. The players who stood on first green dots proceed to the new row to open yet another. Eventually the squad gets thru the chessboard. Then we gotta destroy some pillars. They present 5 elements and they need a specific DD(myst/veno for Wood, wiz/archer for Fire...)

Like all bosses in UP, first boss hits hard. If Kitty understands correctly from the video, this boss summons elemental adds, representing those elements again. They need to be killed with their element ASAP before they reach a boss. If they do, boss uses a squadwiping 50k+ hitting AoE. But to ease thingies, they stop if they're hit. UP isn't that easy, though, so boss does reel-in similar to Riptide boss in HFT. But this riptide 1-shots most people it hits. After first Riptide gather close to each other, you don't need to worry much about the adds anymore. The boss should go down prettily after that. If that doesn't work, try stopping adds after 1st, 3rd...etc riptide and stay together DDing after 2nd, 4th...etc.

Trial of Calligraphy

This seems to be one of the random trials.

From preview: "There are 10 spaces on the ground, when you approach, a Chinese symbol will be drawn in each space. Each squad member must stand on a symbol and mimic the strokes and the order they were made for each symbol. All 10 must be completed to invoke the Wordless Scholar."

So, looks like it's time to learn how to write kanjis. You'll first be shown quickly the order of strokes of chinese letters. Then they'll appear again with little blue flames at the ends of strokes. Move from flame to flame in the order the strokes appeared. The flames become a red ball when stepped on.

Hint from attackerv to help memorize the order:

attackerv wrote: »
one order rule of chinese word is from up to down, and from left to right. GL :'(

A good (though takes time) way to complete this ish people practising their symbol one at a time. When first practicer gets the symbol right, next one practises 'til right and so on. When everyone has got it right at least once, try together to summon the boss.

The boss seems to throw max. HP debuff on someone from time to time. When it's almost dead, you need to do the kanji stroke challenge again to finish him. If you fail it 3 times in a row, boss regenerates to full HP but will die when you kill it this time. It also summons 2 adds that for. ex. slow making writing the letters quite a bother. Boss also buffs itself from time to time and you need to get either of the 2 spawning symbols correctly to wear off its buffs.

Trial of Wine

Another random trial. According to preview, this area ish a pond with strong mobs that must be killed to summon the boss. The small mobs are wine elementals you get very familiar with during the boss fight, and bigger mobs are non-lethal version about most dangerous adds in this game.

The boss fight will be extremely tough, like you might notice from PWdatabase pwdatabase.com/cn/mob/48505. Luckily he seems to be quite slow.
He throws a wine debuff stack on everyone at the start and soon summons Wine elementals that gives a wine stack on every attack. Every stack means increased damage taken and 10 stacks causes a heavy DoT hit that kills most people. The stacks can't be purified so clerics should be ready to ress when someone gets too many stacks.
According to PW-database those wine elementals have 635k HP. So try to have them concentrate on a few people while killing them asap and ress the fallen people asap. 2 clerics or cleric+mystic would be good here as tank probably wants constant heals due to bosses hitting a lot harder than any other bosses this far.
This boss also has its own AoE that deals massive damage like you might expect from boss with 35-45k base attack. And on top of the wine elementals, it also summons 2 big mobs that 1-shot anyone they hit so if you see a big fat mobbit running towards you, RUN FORREST RUN!

Trial of Music

The video shows another boss after trial of wine. She's the Mistress maestro, the deadly musician.
She throws 200k heal absorb and a strong DoT on some players and those players must run to corresponding circle to purify the DoT (metal DoT -> West-yellow metal, fire DoT -> south-red fire etc...). That DoT can kill even strongest players slowly thanks to heal absorb. She has adds running towards her and if you don't kill them, they equip her for a 1-shotting AoE.
When you see a message that you must run to some instrument, follow the arrows on the ground and run up the staircase to that instrument. Fortunately she gives a holy path-speed buff to everyone when she's preparing the AoE, but be quick.
She also like to throw circles with lightning bolt on their center. RUN AWAY from those or you get 1-shot.

Trial of Strategy

From preview: "Two guardians stare across a battlefield toward one another. The anger and rage directed at the guardian across. The etheral one seems to acknowledge your existence and is benevolent. The Dark Guardian does not. He wants to kill you and your ghostly friend. You must destroy him before he kills you or your companion. Keep the projectiles away from your companion and protect him while attempting to combat the Evil Guardian on the other side."

Kitty thinks she has seen another video with this boss. The Dark Guardian must be killed while killing the disc-like adds he summons before they reach the ethereal. If Kitty remembers correctly, the squad on the video she saw used zhens on boss with a couple players taking care of runaway discs.

Trial of Painting

Only preview's information available about this one this far: "To summon the Guardian, you must defeat the minions carrying ink. Use the ink to fill in the tiles on the floor and summon the Seclusive Painter Yolan. Once she arrives, she’ll paint a portrait of death and destruction that has befuddled many an adverturer (TYPOOO). Be careful and on your guard, because as swiftly as she paints, your death will be that much swifter."

Doesn't say anything truly concrete about boss fight. Probably some 1-shot mechanism?

Trial of Reflection

At the first phase of this trial you need to kill a squadful of hostile NPCs representing various classes. Yush, looks like we're getting powered-up puppets. They'll be your nightmares: they have 100x more HP than your average r9rr+10 player, they spam ultis and they hit like your average r9rr+10 player. Time to show your group PVP-skillz!

After the puppets are dead, it's time to play with their master. Unlike Puppeteer, this one seems to live in a hellish scenario.
The boss likes to shoot a cone-shaped AoE most of the time and doing some nasty things as he goes down.
At 38mil HP he summons NPCs representing all classes. You need to go to the NPC representing your class or you get 1-shot..
After that, he summons moving fires that kill anyone they touch. Good time to put those jungle ruins skillz to good use. Even better if you've played Touhou before. This ish danmaku!
At 27mil HP he starts summoning circles that explode shortly when meteorites fall on them, killing anyone inside the circle. He also throws a heal absorb.
Around 20mil HP he summons mini-boss that hits like normal bosses but has only 4,7mil HP.
Around 8,5mil HP he starts casting a spell to drown most of the battlefield in flames. Ofc he goes immune for the channeling time.

*This post ish subject to change as more information ish revealed.*
​​
4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by kittyempressa on

Comments

• nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    To be honest, this doesn't seem THAT hard IF we get people who know how to play... which won't happen... 10 people that actually really know how to play AND are OP enough to take the hits, etc... gonna be hard to find that xD

Anyways, I am excited to see the new instance and as soon as the patch is released I will go on a run. Hope people are able to play as a team for once.

Mr. Justice
  • nbreaking
    Oh, BTW, just noticed the bosses have a chance to drop sealed flyers too, but tbh idk if they are new or the ones we already have in UCH. Says they can be crafted with 2000 soldier's pay, so... new flyer page or just same old stuff?

Mr. Justice
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I still haven't done QSM or UH, due to a total lack of ability to find anyone that wants to do either/not needing anything from either instance. This place here though looks like no fun personally.

I'm sure the rewards are nice, and that you might actually be able to benefit from doing it after 5 years of daily runs lol.

Of course considering how much of a pain it is to get a squad together for JFSP, especially when you aren't R9 (yet you out dd people that are for some reason..) I can already see the majority of people that ARE competent and willing to go being turned away because they haven't got the hax gear that "you need" to do it.

Personally I'm just looking forward to fiddling with the homestead stuff and new skills. Maybe 6 months from now when people figure out how X class can one shot X bosses and run the place in 6 minutes the rest of the playerbase can poke around in there too.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    I think this gonna be just like R888 (R8rr) QSM no-one except a few will do it for the weapon, like in TT server I only know of 2 people with R888 (R8rr) weapons and I know of 2 people with Morai recasted weapons (Which is easier QSM)...
    I guess we wait and see who has the most $$$ to get the weapons first :D
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • lolitalottie
    lolitalottie Posts: 20 Arc User
    This looks fun! Trial of Calligraphy should be interesting though :D
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    teabagg said:

LF more to join UP,R9 3rd cast/Chinese cast, new G17 r3+ only..link weapon, index, accessories and social security number..this is all I'm going to see in this pathetic adventure so gg.

I fixed it for you. >:)
    DeffyNature
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    if knowing FB well, OP sq should finish this FB by 20-30min. But im sure ppl will spend over 1-2 hours in it in first 2 weeks
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    Just saying, we got an email a while ago from the devs and they pretty much said this is one of the toughest challenges theyve ever created. Our QA Team even with full specced out gear had a heck of a time getting this done. I just cant wait for someone to proove them and us wrong. *gauntlet thrown*
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Just saying, we got an email a while ago from the devs and they pretty much said this is one of the toughest challenges theyve ever created. Our QA Team even with full specced out gear had a heck of a time getting this done. I just cant wait for someone to proove them and us wrong. *gauntlet thrown*

Challenge accepted! fox-2.gif

Hey @thenamesdomino you guys should have live streamed while doing that instance. I think it would have been fun!
    ​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    first one to solo the instance gets what? @thenamesdomino *hides*
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    I'm just worried about that calligraphy challenge. While I do have a little knowledge about stroke order in chinese characters by no means would I be as proficient as a native. I'm having trouble imagining being able to form a squad of 10 people comfortable with that topic. That challenge just seems like a big middle finger to all the international versions of the game.​​
  • deezeylegend1
    deezeylegend1 Posts: 29 Arc User
    Are the rewards worth it?
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User

Are the rewards worth it?

rarest mats for g17 upgrades --> go figure :)
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    those trials kinda moving into direction of other big mmos ( raiding bosses as an example)

looks like pve will get a tad more difficult ---- until ppl found ways to glitch the heck out of this aswell
  • mistressmuerta
    mistressmuerta Posts: 152 Arc User
    Good to see PW moving back in the direction of team play.That's what keeps drawing people back to it in the first place. Bonus points for evolving to current mmo dungeon boss mechanics.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    asterelle said:

I'm just worried about that calligraphy challenge. While I do have a little knowledge about stroke order in chinese characters by no means would I be as proficient as a native. I'm having trouble imagining being able to form a squad of 10 people comfortable with that topic. That challenge just seems like a big middle finger to all the international versions of the game.​​

I would Join but im only r999+8 with g16 +8 weap xD
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • nbreaking
    I'm really pumped to see the new instance, can't wait :x apart from that, all the content on this expansion, to me, is just meh.
    The housing is kinda fine, but IF/When i get g17 i won't care about it anymore. Never was much into the "pretty" part of the game for some reason and having to do dailies there when I don't need anything from it anymore won't happen either xD

Mr. Justice
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Seems like a nice way to spend time in the game, at least for several weeks until it all becomes extremely easy. Especially since some bosses seem susceptible to the OS sin scenario.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    This instance seems pretty interesting, hopefully I'll be able to find some time to try it out once it's released. I've seen some people worried about the calligraphy because it's Chinese which is a language most of us don't really know, though I'm sure it'll eventually get easier since we don't really need to know what the words mean (though the one at the top right was bugging me for aaaages, and still trying to figure out what the one to the left of it is).
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2016

I still haven't done QSM or UH, due to a total lack of ability to find anyone that wants to do either/not needing anything from either instance. This place here though looks like no fun personally.

It's because QSM is only useful for low level OP pve gear, the R8RR and QSM Morai is a joke with R9RR and takes too much effort to obtain. UCH died a long time ago because it's trash. You need to reset the stupid dungeon THREE times to get all 3 dailies done in there, and what do you get for your hour long stay? A few bloods. People have better things to do that spend an hour for a few bloods and mirage boxes and neumas they can solo farm.

As far as this dungeon goes, I see it as a dead dungeon except for the elitist top r9rr +12 because if a 105 r9rr +12 can take 40% damage from 1 boss, what can most alts with T3 take? Oh yeah 100% instant death damage from every AOE.

Good to see PW moving back in the direction of team play.That's what keeps drawing people back to it in the first place. Bonus points for evolving to current mmo dungeon boss mechanics.

You mean team play for r9rr +12 xD Anyone else is left behind the dust.
    asterelle said:

Considering most if not all US players know next to nothing about Chinese, yeah it's gonna be a big wall no one can get over unless you do research, which most are too lazy to do. They need to change that challenge to English if were ever gonna pass it.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Kitty's atm in UP and she's trying to give moar info as her squad proceeds.

E: Kitty's squad didn't get further than first boss on first try 'cause venos, mystics, psys, wizzies and SBs seem to have gone extinct with the expansion and first boss needs proper elemental DDs for adds. Oh well, at least Kitty got its mechanics figured out.

E2: Kitty did UP with another squad, proceeding to final boss thru Unity/Music/Wine/Calligraphy. Information about those updated to OP.
    ​​
    Post edited by kittyempressa on
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    do i miss out on something if i dont do this instance? like starchart mats and A packs?
    also asterelle, do you think your 30 bil calculation of g17.5 still applies?
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @thenamesdomino We already finished the instance :smile: It wasnt that hard. Ill post a guide later :smile: But most bosses we simply nuked before they even did anything, 47mil hp simply isnt enough
  • eternalghost
    eternalghost Posts: 154 Arc User

@thenamesdomino We already finished the instance :smile: It wasnt that hard. Ill post a guide later :smile: But most bosses we simply nuked before they even did anything, 47mil hp simply isnt enough

Are you serious? My squad spent like an hour trying to do first boss...... And failed to do it....
    Kymsplat - Sin -

103 - 103 - 102
    Etherblade
    My Gear: http://mypers.pw/10/#543295
    My Youtube Channel: youtu.be/zyiaSCxQ_KY
  • grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User

Lmao I knew nuking would cure the "This **** is hard" mess. Welp nuke nuke nuke nuke nuke nuke
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User

Are you serious? My squad spent like an hour trying to do first boss...... And failed to do it....
    I think you need all elements of damage, which we did. But I cant tell for sure, the boss died in 1 HF
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2016

do i miss out on something if i dont do this instance? like starchart mats and A packs?
    also asterelle, do you think your 30 bil calculation of g17.5 still applies?

Yeah, only the ability to upgrade your G17 weapon. You'll be stuck with G16 if you don't like it.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    ...so how the **** do you kill the last boss. Apparently I suck at dodging fire circles or w/e.​​
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User

Looking forward to the video and tutorial on your run.
    Don't keep us waiting, please.
    DeffyNature