New skills preview and about subsiding dirt item questions.

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited April 2016 in General Discussion
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9909783-new-skills-preview

The stormbringer skill is very OP.
I just realize something. It says: There is only one Ultimate Skill per class and using this skill will consume the special item, Subsiding Dirt, which is also awarded through daily Homestead quests.
That means if I dont have the subsiding dirt item I cant cast the skill or what? Are we forced to do those dailies now in order to be able to obtain this items to cast this upcoming skills? How many subsiding dirt we will get per day? If we get one per day it means we can use the skill only one time per day?
giphy.gif

Post edited by bloodedone87 on

Comments

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    only op if our call lightning turns into an aoe as well, which it shouldn't.... that would be broken.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • dog10250
    dog10250 Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2016

So glad to be a veno :smile: This ultimate skill at level 2 should be renamed "Get eaten alive" or "Pet torture". If we get Chi soul on g17 cast 5 weapons, the deal is sealed, best class ever.
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    dog10250 said:

So glad to be a veno :smile: This ultimate skill at level 2 should be renamed "Get eaten alive" or "Pet torture". If we get Chi soul on g17 cast 5 weapons, the deal is sealed, best class ever.

I wouldnt be so sure...

With a 5-minute cooldown its hard for that skill to have any relevant impact.
    And with a 4 second cast time you're most likely just gonna die every time you use the skill since you will be stuck in human form for 4 seconds unable to move.

But I like ur optimism
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    SWEET. That Seeker skills turns you into the ultimate warrior.

NGTUy53.png

• grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Stormbringer skill is very OP! And isnt Call Lightning one of the other skill getting an upgrade? I'm just really excited for the Lunar Blessing upgrade, best heal in the game now that it can punish fools who get too close at the end of it
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    I wouldnt be so sure...

With a 5-minute cooldown its hard for that skill to have any relevant impact.
    And with a 4 second cast time you're most likely just gonna die every time you use the skill since you will be stuck in human form for 4 seconds unable to move.

But I like ur optimism

By this logic, Nova is also absolutely useless and should never be used ever.​​
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User

But I like ur optimism

That's what we have Feral Concentration for.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rikkert1234
    rikkert1234 Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    chary said:

By this logic, Nova is also absolutely useless and should never be used ever.​​

What? No, Nova has a 1.2s cast time, you must be confused with Channel time instead, which I believe is 3 seconds on Nova, both of which work quite differently. Channel time can be cancelled, it can be lowered by -chan gear. As long as you are channelling your skill you are by no means commited. Once you enter the cast time of a skill however you are fully commited, the skill is going off, there's nothing you can do to stop it or lower it, its comparable to being paralysed in that regard, and in this case the cast time is 4 seconds long, which is a very long time.

And @kittyempressa the fact you need to use one of your immunities to make another skill effective means you are paying reasonable cost to enable another skill. That doesnt make the skill you enable overpowered by any means, you are taking a high risk, a high reward is to be expected for the skill to be even considered viable.

Im not saying the veno skill is bad btw, I definately think its one of the better ones ^^ but its by no means as broken as people are making it sound, the skill basically paralyses the veno for 4 seconds while its going off, which is a fair cost to pay for such a strong effect, but its still a high cost
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Man imo the veno skill is op for the simple fact you can literally cripple a tw front line instantly with this skill. Sure duskblade is op vs ranged but we still get eaten alive if not played well vs sins bm barb. Personally the bm skill kinda suck 8 seconds will you be even able to use 10 skills within that window to reach 100% damn I kind of doubt it. Perhaps if it were 15-20 seconds. Stormbringer honestly this violates more than venos if you ask me. Seeker is okay I guess,mystic idk lack of knowledge about that class tbh. The barb skill I wonder if this will really hurts I just thought it was a bubble of paralyze,
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Lol the assassin skill...
    "Ultimate skill".
    I can see it's uses but by no means is this an ultimate skill compared to elimination. Combined with elimination that after it you go back into stealth right away, maybe.

Some of those skills are ridiculously OP, while others are on the level of "meh".
    The wizard one is just hilarious, because it increases the damage they take as well. What kind of stupid drawback is that.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    blazerboy wrote: »
    you can literally cripple a tw front line instantly with this skill

And also cripple people's FPS. tiger-18.gif Couple that with Stormbringer's vortexes and whatever other fancy skills our clients can't handle, and I don't think I'll ever be able to handle TWs again. ​​
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    @bloodedone87 ?
    Maaaan, they thought of going a bit further. Why only pay for gear/skill upgrades? Why not "pay per view"?
    I can see these items being available in the boutique for a moderate price. And it will not be that much of a deal, since we already got used to paying 3g per month for pvp, you know ... the autopot. But its okay, the game can still be called free to play, albeit free to play pve only.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    foley3k wrote: »

I'm slightly disappointed you didn't use John Cena​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    elyora2 said:

foley3k wrote: »

I'm slightly disappointed you didn't use John Cena​​

Everyone uses John Cena. He is inventive.
    giphy.gif

• tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    can we get confirmation that upon reaching "lv2" of the ultimate skill you don't need to pay for it anymore? BTW @thenamesdomino a short history lesson, 5 years agoish when seekers were released they made their buffs cost mirages.... because of that many people quit their seekers until they removed that bs. History tends to repeat itself.... no one wants to pay to use a skill, so if the 2nd level doesn't remove the cost, then request that it does.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User

i hope seeker is getting 200% weapon damage added to base, which would be actually kind of a 2spark burst,
    if its a 200% weapon damage pure increase that will basicaly double their base damage.... -.- noty

No, it clearly says that you turn into the ultimate warrior.
    I would imagine, you gain 1000% movement, and thats about it.
    NGTUy53.png

• grace83shin
    grace83shin Posts: 55 Arc User
    Yeah I hope on level 2 of these skills it removes the item requirement. They are already 5 seconds in cooldown and some skills don't seem to have a change at all when you hit level 2, so that would be reasonable.
    Stormbringer Thaumaturg of Tideswell
    102/101/101 Chaotic Soul
    One lightning bolt at a time baby!
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    i hope seeker is getting 200% weapon damage added to base, which would be actually kind of a 2spark burst,
    if its a 200% weapon damage pure increase that will basicaly double their base damage.... -.- noty

No, it clearly says that you turn into the ultimate warrior.
    I would imagine, you gain 1000% movement, and thats about it.

to activate seeker ult lvl 2 you have to scream CAPS in normal chat: "AND HIS NAME IS JHON CENA PAPAPAPAAA"

See, this person gets me.
    Altho, "THIS IS SPARTAAAAA" would've been sufficient too!​​