Elysium is coming... Discuss...

Comments

• thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    attackerv said:

CM, can u let developers change the word to alphebet?? ok, i guess you must say it is impossible

So, can u give a guild of those chinese word strokes, especially the order ?

Firstly, no they wont convert it to the alphabet. And we may get a guide up in the future, after we figure out what the list of symbols are (theyre randomly generated so.... GG no RE)
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Hope this helps.
    Honestly, no, it doesn't help tiger-2.gif

I have understood, that we are getting some new gear, and I have some questions:

1) Is this all about new g17 weap only or armor too?
    2) Does it mean we are getting new PWI custom armor while China doesn't implement any armor on their servers?
    3) If it's about armor, is it brand new armor recast with fresh stats we never seen or just chinese version of r9r3 which can be recasted from our PWI r9r3?
    4) About weapon - will it be the same as chinese announced g17 or something unique for us with another stats and skills?
    5) Will we get CN version of G17 weaps?
    6) Will it be craftable same way as in China?
    7) Or will it be completely PWI custom and will have nothing to do with CN g17?
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino thanks for reply and trying. I found a video which have full view of all the words. I think the words are fixed cuz I saw several diff videos are the same words. ppl just watch this video at 3:13 by slow motion over and over again, ppl should remember the order. Keep in mind, the general rule for the Chinese word order is from up to down and from left to right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTNMPZpOAI&feature=youtu.be

thanks CMs, you did good. I understand many things are not fully controlled by CMs. CM =/= GM =/= developers, we should not expect CM can know or do more than what they can know or do. We just know too many things from pwcn, which is not assumed we know. some of those info may not be known by CMs. so bring many troubles for communication.

I appreciate your hard works. thanks again
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • iamnotfat
    iamnotfat Posts: 7 Arc User
    one might think that with the new expansion all classes, especially duskblade and stormbringer, will be rebalanced with the new skills. one might think. duskblade which is already almost at GM level in 1v1 will become even more broken. and the stormbringer that is now THE deciding factor in tw, will get even more broken skills.

that's pwi all right.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Our gear as it stands is different than the version you will find in CN. Our gear that we have now when put side by side is a bit stronger. AND (here's where youll hate me) This gear was designed for PvE. Despite what the popular mentality and though says, one cannot argue with the developers noting in our documentation that is gear is "Supposed to be for PvE"

So what does this mean? Simple short answer, this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. It's still going to be strong as hell, but this is a lateral movement more than anything.

Hope this helps.

If our gear is a bit stronger, then switching to CN R9.3 is not even a sidegrade but turns out to be a downgrade ? and with a cost.

Someone seriously needs to make two builds with both these R9 gear sets on mypers and do a damage test and see if PWI R9.3 weapon hitting CN R9.3 armor or CN R9.3 weapon hitting PWI R9.3 armor produce higher damage and decide whether it's an upgrade, a sidegrade or a downgrade ><
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    the whole point of language is that its somewhat intuitive, I doubt itll really be that complicated
  • shunsai
    shunsai Posts: 21 Arc User
    Seems like a lot of people are getting hotheaded over having their hard-earned R9R3 being called PVE set by the CM. With just a hint of common sense, I'm sure that this community can come to the conclusion that the memo from PWI to PWCN was mistranslated, with the originally saying:

R9R3 obtainable through PVE methods: WS
    R9R4 obtainable through PVP: NW and XTW

[Matrix Morpheus Meme]
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    no actually, nobody so far is angry that r9 gear is being called PVE.

its just that for people that have played this game for so long, that statement sounds utterly stupid and uninformed.

prior to spirit, there were no stats that ARE pvp-SPECIFIC. every intelligent player reading this understand what they mean, but that doesnt mean it makes much sense to say it that way because endgame builds are NOT pve-focused regardless of the stats being buffed.

ain't nobody sharding diety/dot/dod/josd for any pve content.

it's semantics... again. but the suggestion that players are getting their panties in a bunch over r9 being referred to as pve-focused is laughable.

can we drop this whole pve pvp thing please, its almost as dumb argument as the thread going about why ppl refer to NV3 as g16 but not the other g16 gears. one would think the company managing the game would have a decent understanding of the lingo of the game right.....
  • dagoddominator
    on a lighter note, i REALLY HOPE the BARB'S r9r4 weapon looks a TON MORE INTIMIDATING than the morai weap they got stuck with for r9r3
  • ishtera1970
    ishtera1970 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Hello all! I was just curious as to whether in game married couples would have seperate homes or will they be able to share a home? Thank you for your time and assistance.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Hello all! I was just curious as to whether in game married couples would have seperate homes or will they be able to share a home? Thank you for your time and assistance.

It was said somewhere it's not shared, so separate.

Anyway...
    I get the feeling that everyone is getting worked up and arguing in circles. I've relayed your questions and concerns to the proper channels and have gotten more answers, though to be honest these too will probably be hotly debated as well.

Stats and materials and whatnot for the r9r4 gear will be made available when we release the blog discussing it which should be in the next couple weeks.
    Yeah, probably right before or either after the release of the expansion, why the hold up on something people obviously really want to know about and not just write it up, or is this just a simple case of PWE has no clue themselves?

We have not yet announced the date for Elysium, and I can't tell you when regardless the NDA is real with this one.
    Lol an NDA on a release date of an expansion... Dear lord what, why?

Okay now for the big one. Limitless, Boundless what does this all mean?
    This is all a terminology issue. R9R3 (the current top ranked gear available now) is actually called "Limitless Gear". You may not refer to it as such, nor did you probably care what it's called since popular nomenclature refers to it as either R9R3 or R9S3
    The new upgrade to this current iteration is R9R4 or R9S4 since it will be it's 4th revision (their words) This gear is called "Boundless"
    This is merely a buzz word for gear much like the G16 gear is Awoken. and Yes I realize that the gear itself says awakened.
    Yeah ok terminology woopdidoo, but that doesn't answer jack about what we really want to know; is the upgrade really and upgrade or is it just the end-game R9 gear (R9R3) that china has?

So why are we calling it PvE and PvP oriented gear?
    This is the one that makes little sense to me but in doing some digging I understand the answer a bit.

Our gear as it stands is different than the version you will find in CN. Our gear that we have now when put side by side is a bit stronger. AND (here's where youll hate me) This gear was designed for PvE. Despite what the popular mentality and though says, one cannot argue with the developers noting in our documentation that is gear is "Supposed to be for PvE"
    >PWI's R9R3 Gear is stronger than chinese R9R3, which is supposed to be PvP gear (which it is, ok)
    >Devs: IT's PvE GAIS BECAUSE WE SAID SO
    I can't even find words to describe how I feel about this

So what does this mean? Simple short answer, this upgrade is supposed to put the gear in parity with the PvP gear in China. It's still going to be strong as hell, but this is a lateral movement more than anything.
    And this part leads me to believe that the upgrade to "R9R4", as PWE likes to call it, is just a sidegrade to China's R9R3, which to be honest is not worth the insane cost it has at this moment.

Hope this helps.
    It doesn't help. Tell whoever is up above you to speed up the writing of those news articles, specifically the weapon "upgrade" thing.
    All i'm getting and understanding is that our version of R9R3 will just have the ability to be changed into china's R9R3 for a ridiculous cost, and has been slapped with the R9R4 label by PWE, which is in the player base opinion most definitely will not be (R9R4).

I understand you're trying to inform us the best you can at the moment, and you probably can only give us the answers you get from whoever you ask it at PWE, but it's not revealing anything.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    superfedee wrote: »
    btw what i dont understand is, they releaseing a 4th stage of r9 that is actually worse than 3rd stage except for the weapon
    I'm not so sure anymore it will be sidegrade into CN r9r3. Maybe it will be some new recast with another stats. I appreciate GM's answers, but they don't clarify anything normal-32.gif​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    shade13 wrote: »
    superfedee wrote: »
    btw what i dont understand is, they releaseing a 4th stage of r9 that is actually worse than 3rd stage except for the weapon
    I'm not so sure anymore it will be sidegrade into CN r9r3. Maybe it will be some new recast with another stats. I appreciate GM's answers, but they don't clarify anything normal-32.gif

That's exactly the boat i'm on. It's either sidegrade or really an upgrade.
    And it's not a good move for them to be selling pre-order packs that contain mats to perform this... up- or sidegrade.
    Not only because the cost is rediculous, but if it's a sidegrade than it's a terrible thing to be selling in the first place.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tricksie
    tricksie Posts: 189 Arc User

CM, can u let developers change the word to alphebet?? ok, i guess you must say it is impossible

So, can u give a guild of those chinese word strokes, especially the order ?

Firstly, no they wont convert it to the alphabet. And we may get a guide up in the future, after we figure out what the list of symbols are (theyre randomly generated so.... GG no RE)

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. The game is translated into English for us, why can't this portion of the instance be changed?

And as for a guide.... the blogs we have been given have no real info in them to begin with - it's more of a teaser for us and leaves us with more questions than any answers provided. As per the usual PWI style, "we may get a guide up" really means--- the players will put up guides and YouTube tutorials because I have yet to see (if memory serves me right) a comprehensive guide to anything created by PWI since I started playing in 2008.​​
    z56fd27dc94746.gif
    egg-44.gif <~ these need to come back into the CS.

• sbwxo1992
    sbwxo1992 Posts: 9 Arc User
    if there is another tier to r9 be it a side grade or not waht are the chances of making r9 more reachable for the first tier. or atleast new ways of earning mogs/GST.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    sbwxo1992 said:

if there is another tier to r9 be it a side grade or not waht are the chances of making r9 more reachable for the first tier. or atleast new ways of earning mogs/GST.

From what I've seen obtaining the first tier of r9 is going to be made significantly easier. It should be easily accessable for all players unless they change it.
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    If the r9s4 is better than or even equivalent to g17s5 GG new instance. Welcome to Quicksand Maze fridge zone.
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    I found the trailer of last expansion was uploaded in 08/04/2015, then living in 08/19
    So far, I don't see any trailer is ever release

I wonder things are not ready yet actually. just giving some screenshots so that pre-order can be sold.

:s
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • dagoddominator
    its not a sidegrade guys, c'mon.

i know he hasnt specifically answered the question but take the context clues into consideration. our us-only r999 is getting a 4th stage. its not a sidegrade. this whole "pvp-focused" thing indicates they are talking about spirit, so they will add spirit to the r9 gears.

we can't look at china for clues since they dont get our unique gear, so this is going to be original stuff, no sidegrades.

i still hate that they are tempting us with pre-orders when we have not even been informed of whether or not its worth the money.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    One thing that concerns me a bit is the last boss on the new instance. I understand that developers try to create a challenging dungeon, but from my point of view that boss is more annoying than hard to kill. It is almost as if the devs don't want us to play the new content.

https://youtu.be/OsTNMPZpOAI?t=5m30s

I am aware that some people here may say something like: ''that boss is easy compared to some offline game blablabla''
    Problem is that this game is a MMO, therefore there is a thing called Internet between the player and the server plus other players that will affect the result of the battle.

Also this game is not a **** & slash or one of those space ship games from the 80's so a lot of people is not really used to avoid balls of fire, fire on the ground, one shot attacks that cover alf of the field, etc, etc, etc...

My point is that I can see the rage and drama that this boss will cause on a lot of people, especially considering the large number of self-centered idiots that our community have.

My only advice to those who want to even try this boss when the update get us is: Play a lot the 4 kings on room 18 at heavenfall (with no tower buffs) since the game mechanics of the boss are a bit like the 4 kings but with steroids...

• notlaw
    notlaw Posts: 7 Arc User
    arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9894523-elysium-10-day-flash-sale

"The new expansion will unlock Rank 9 Boundless, new challenges in Uncharted Paradise and Homestead Contract Tasks."

Rank 9 Boundless

More information about what this means exactly for sure?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    notlaw wrote: »
    arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9894523-elysium-10-day-flash-sale

"The new expansion will unlock Rank 9 Boundless, new challenges in Uncharted Paradise and Homestead Contract Tasks."

Rank 9 Boundless

More information about what this means exactly for sure?

Here's what you have so far.....
    I get the feeling that everyone is getting worked up and arguing in circles. I've relayed your questions and concerns to the proper channels and have gotten more answers, though to be honest these too will probably be hotly debated as well.

Stats and materials and whatnot for the r9r4 gear will be made available when we release the blog discussing it which should be in the next couple weeks.

We have not yet announced the date for Elysium, and I can't tell you when regardless the NDA is real with this one.

Okay now for the big one. Limitless, Boundless what does this all mean?
    This is all a terminology issue. R9R3 (the current top ranked gear available now) is actually called "Limitless Gear". You may not refer to it as such, nor did you probably care what it's called since popular nomenclature refers to it as either R9R3 or R9S3

The new upgrade to this current iteration is R9R4 or R9S4 since it will be it's 4th revision (their words) This gear is called "Boundless"

This is merely a buzz word for gear much like the G16 gear is Awoken. and Yes I realize that the gear itself says awakened.

So why are we calling it PvE and PvP oriented gear?
    This is the one that makes little sense to me but in doing some digging I understand the answer a bit.

Hope this helps.
    We're currently underway giving out previews for some of the up coming content. Most of the information regarding r9r4 will be available in a blog scheduled to release in the next couple weeks, but to answer your question, the r9r4 is an upgrade to the r9r3 gear. Upgrading to r9r4 will turn it from the current PvE-focused set into the new PvP-focused set, or Making the current Limitless Gear the new Rank 9 Boundless gear.
    ​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    Hmmmmmm 10 day flash sales. . . Means we getting update on 12th April?
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • kurisukotze

What bull*** is this 10 day pre-elysium ? Same **** pre order packs? And afther this we get another pre pre pre order s***? I feel like you f*** us soo hard right now...

If your not gonna relese on 12 im done, simply im out, too much cra* for me. Ty for misliding uss for second and maybe 3rd time!

You need snickers

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • kurisukotze
    Oh lol I see, Yeah I'd rather wait with these things would be cheaper xD

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • squall20
    squall20 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Sounds like conformation of the R9r4 now but what will this do to the game so many people who worked hard thinking r9r3 was the top of the line and now that is going out the window and we waisted all our time and money ? I think this could cause another large player base drop with people not wanting to start from the bottom again.