Missing/Incomplete News

Options
tuttle
tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
So...the news post on new sales is up...

Here's the problem - Crown of Sochis are on sale - not listed in the sales thread so who knows when they actually end
Also, Illusionary Crystal is on sale - with a free gift - also not mentioned, so no end date nor idea of the free gift (without spending 40 gold)

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, it's a marketing tactic. It's not unusual.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • redmouse
    redmouse Posts: 7 Arc User
    Options
    Marketing tactic or a marketing flop? Depends if you're a hopeless optimist or working for PWI trying to save face.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    redmouse wrote: »
    Marketing tactic or a marketing flop? Depends if you're a hopeless optimist or working for PWI trying to save face.

I don't work for PWE. normal-1.gif
    It's been asked before, and PWE's response was that it was a marketing tactic. I'm just repeating what they have already stated.

Basically, people are more likely to purchase spot sale items that have no announced end date simply because they don't know when it's going to poof. The sale could be three days, or three weeks. Putting items on sale without announcing them follows a similar tactic.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options

Yeah, it's a marketing tactic. It's not unusual.​​

I'm curious whats free with the illusionary crystal, wanted to buy one for my stormbringer but since PWE plays this tactic.. I'll spend it another game instead this golddigging company.
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    the free is gift is historically the ancient tome item that grants you gear up to lvl 85 for every culti step you have completed. everytime the crystal is offered with a free gift that is the gift. i could be wrong but PWI is usually not very inventive about these things.
  • tuttle
    tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
    Options
    Marketing tactic my ****...they may say that but they don't believe it and you know it

A) Not announcing it's on sale = maybe people won't know it is!
    2) That doesnt cover the illusionary crystal/free gift situation lol
  • dagoddominator
    dagoddominator Posts: 218 Arc User
    Options
    i'll add that the 85 armor you get from it is stat-wise on par if not better than morai quest armor for some reason iirc. good gear to farm morai with and get the 101 gears.