New Skills in the Next Expansion

Comments

• mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    just means bms got their old job in TWs back. i kinda like it.

and i do agree - psy ultimate seems to be really strong. - afaik tidal and spark does not stack
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    Tide spirit and 3 spark do stack, though that's 5 sparks you burning there
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    Awesome news, thanks for all the updates guys!
    DeffyNature
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    I noticed that this venomancer in this video had her pet proc some kind of deaden nerves (watch fire boss part). Multiple times the pet took damage and the animation appeared like when a sin proc their deaden nerves instead of dieing.
    Maybe the odd pet heal description have something to do with it..?
    https://youtu.be/GA76CdSgMHs?t=18m14s

Edit: Actually looking closer, when the veno targets pet I see the deaden nerve buff as well, so I guess it's true..
    fox-25.giffox-25.gif​​
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Ohh neat. The Deaden Nerves should work for PvP too, no? Hopefully, so the new Heal Pet will have a use outside PvE. monkey-2.gif

​​
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Ohh neat. The Deaden Nerves should work for PvP too, no? Hopefully, so the new Heal Pet will have a use outside PvE. monkey-2.gif

another class with deaden..... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ thats 4 classes now (sin, barb, cleric, veno for those that can't figure it out or too ignorant to actually check skills). Comeon man seriously, wheres my deadens.​​
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • cococya
    cococya Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited March 2016

another class with deaden..... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ thats 4 classes now (sin, barb, cleric, veno for those that can't figure it out or too ignorant to actually check skills). Comeon man seriously, wheres my deadens.​​

Venos don't actually get the buff, the pets get it, so I'm not sure why you're throwing them into the mix.
    DeffyNature
  • chibichi
    chibichi Posts: 15 Arc User
    testxvi said:

I noticed that this venomancer in this video had her pet proc some kind of deaden nerves (watch fire boss part). Multiple times the pet took damage and the animation appeared like when a sin proc their deaden nerves instead of dieing.

Maybe the odd pet heal description have something to do with it..?

https://youtu.be/GA76CdSgMHs?t=18m14s

Edit: Actually looking closer, when the veno targets pet I see the deaden nerve buff as well, so I guess it's true..

fox-25.giffox-25.gif​​

Yes, it really looks like it's going to be a deaden nerves effect and not a tidal protection buff (like you already can get that with certain pet mood constellations from 10% tidal to max level 5 = 50% tidal proc chance, anyways). I am sure it's going to work in PvP the same way like on that PvE video (...), but I try not to get too excited about it yet. That would be to early and sometimes pwi is a little odd, lol. Because most pets still keep beeing stuck in the ground and small hills like in TW. Also pets are having issues with the ground-air-(water) switch and the only pet that moves the way it should move is the wind walking piggy. Avatar cards and the star chart system made players even more powerful in pvp, pets are sadly so outdated (even with 180% Nubium faction base buffs, level 105 and decent gear on the pet owner). Most pet skills have no effects anymore on 60.000 physcial defense (Penetrate? Sacrefice? etc.). Hope they do something about it. It is very unfortunate that pets are mostly decoration for a "woodmage" nowdays.

• mulier
    ill take stylish wood mages any day - if the opposite were to be 2009 nix venos.... :)
  • catgirldesu
    I'll certainly take what I can when it comes to pets. Every little bit that can help them in PvP is cool with me. Sometimes I don't even bother summoning the Monkey because it will just die right after. Of course I don't want to say "yay" or "nay" yet until I can test it. It might make a difference or it might be insignificant.

On the other hand, it will be sweet in PvE with the damage reduction on top of the Deaden Nerves buff. Pets should be able to survive AOE damage better now. I'm also curious to see how non-tank pets will fare with the new Heal Pet. Hey, I suppose pets can now survive Mushi in FSP since their Deaden Nerves will prevent the auto-kill from the Mushi's chi? That would be cool.

Did anyone mention/know the requirements for these skills? If it's level 90+ like the Homestead requirement then at least newer Venomancers can have access to the new Heal Pet somewhat early. I've always thought Heal Pet should have had a Demon/Sage version available at level 89 or 92 especially since pets suffered a lot at endgame until we got the Pet Evolution feature.

​​
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Cleric sleep skill mechanic should be changed =.= , when cleric puts someone to sleep, he's supposed to stay sleeping unless the cleric decided to wake him up with an attack or purified by other cleric or the cleric who casted the sleep is dead. A target that's put to sleep by a cleric will only receive 5% dmg because the duration is twice as longer than sog or sleep automatically changed to 3 seconds stun when being hit by other classes or other cleric.

Why ? because most of the classes in pw now can stunlock or given a new stun that doesn't have a counter. It's already hard to avoid being stunlocked when a bm or a barb is near and the only way to counter is just wait until he messes up his timing and sleep/sog him, but in mass pvp, an idiot always wakes him up and cleric is back to being stunlocked.

That, or add 1 second stun to Wield Thunder/Thunderball would be nice.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    The only thing I really want as a cleric at this point is giving Guardian Light a 3min cooldown (basically how long WoP cd used to be) and maybe maybe adding an anti-stun on it also. Giving us and any other class more CC is dumb and honestly, they should look into taking off some of the CC from some classes.

Basically, PW should nerf **** instead of buffing all the time, but what do I know.​​
  • mulier
    clerics already got all they ever need.

they got psy anti aps, got uber dmg metal mode aaand so on...
  • chary
    superfedee wrote: »
    they might have done that with g17r5 def procs such as untargetable\immunity\damage shield etch... but we don't know that yet neither we know proc chances
    i don't get how china is QQing upon wizard stealth leaps and not on lvl 12 aurora disableing hp charm for 30 secs fudging hell...

Pretty sure the new wep procs are just adding more **** to the fire and watching it burn.

The thing about arrays is that clerics are not that likely to be in vd in mass so it's not going to be as big of a deal as some of you are making it out to be, like seriously. On the other hand, I can see the wizzie stealth sending them over into OP status once more for the express reason of being unable to lock them down long enough to kill again (granted, there is paralyze now, but gg if you're lacking that).​​
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    watching all these people cheer that u can use the new cleric ulti on yourself, and you can use the cleric ulti in UVD makes me so depressed
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    aurora doesn't disable charm tick directly, it absorbs a portion of charm tick and at current state of the game it's only 10k max at endgame with more or less same soulforce between cleric and its opponent, but how much hp does everyone have now, even arcanes can have like 30k hp, it's outdated and this update is going to scale it on matk and a constant of 20,000 hp. Sounds Op on paper but since noone qq about it, maybe it's not that op, it's gonna take a while to stack up to that much into the big box. Wizzies can also mark target at low hp and cut hp charm tick, and noone qq'ed about it until now.

Cleric doesn't have huge dph, even the dps in ultra violet and great cyclone is easily outdamaged by other class. No one will just stand there being dps'ed while cleric is prone to cc skill. Aurora is the only skill that can create a window for cleric to make a kill, and how long does it take for a cleric to do all that, first cleric has to decrease target's hp pool close to half and sog'em, then stack aurora and whatever debuffs that can be put upon its target, I bet during sog duration it won't have enough time to fill in the hp debuff box to the max after this update, so next cleric uses sleep which is breakable using faith, and what then, cleric has all its cc skills in cooldown and taking its turn to being cc'ed and busy tending itself to not get killed. Rinse and repeat. It takes effort to create the window for cleric to kill its target, cleric can't just rely on its damage to make a kill, especially because everyone can have cleric buff while they have their own buff/survival skill. Try killing a fully buffed seeker or barb or bm using a cleric at current state of the game, aurora is a joke with ppl having huge hp pool.
  • chary
    People go demon vit barb? Thought they were all pure str.​​
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    chary said:

People go demon vit barb? Thought they were all pure str.​​

I'm pretty sure vit-demon Barbs are even more rare than demon Seekers and male Mystics. I doubt I've ever seen one.
  • catgirldesu
    tetraem007 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure vit-demon Barbs are even more rare than demon Seekers and male Mystics. I doubt I've ever seen one.

I actually know more male Mystics than female ones. Well, that in terms of endgame (or similar) Mystics that actively play the game. fox-2.gif​​
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Kitty does have sage and demon vit. and str. barbs. And to be honest: Kitty only plays demons. The reason ish that while sage does have like 3% better survivability (well, 27% sparked if not in BB), sages lack damage. They SERIOUSLY lack damage due to low crit. rate which means they take eternity to kill stuff. And that sage spark's dmg. red. ish situational due to sharing the same icon with some other stuffs.

Thanks to demon BO even demon vit. barb still has decent damage. Not to forget the creepy creepy demon Sunder+Arma. Kitty has lately assassinated some equal-geared people she didn't like with some demon single-target macro on her demon vit. barb.

Kitty's hateful opinions and ratings about barb-builds based on math, her bias towards demon barbs and experiences playing them all:

Sage vit: 99,9% fat, 0,1% muscle. Best survivability of any barbs. As long as someone else does the killing or it will be just a prolonged death. Unlikely to kill any equal-geared players unless super-lucky with zerkcrit (which really needs superluck). Too much fat for a good beef.
    Survivability: 5/5, Damage: 0,5/5, 1vs1 potential: 2,5/5, Mass-pvp potential: 3,5/5 Summary: 2,9/5

Sage str: 100% muscle without spices. Does have highest base damage. But. Doesn't crit much. Hardly ever zerkcrits. So ends up around equal in DPS with demon vit. barb while lacking vit. barb's survivability. 3rd worst barb build Kitty can imagine (after AA and sage APS, which Kitty also has).
    Survivability: 2,5/5, Damage: 3/5, 1vs1 potential: 3,5/5, Mass-PVP potential: 2/5 Summary: 2,75/5

Demon vit: 96% fat, 66% muscle ('cause spiced well). Almost as tanky as sage vit. with just 3% less survivability. Has highest possible Arma-damage and still does decent DPS thanks to demon BO. 2-shots lots of stuff with Sunder-Arma. And tanky, can actually tank stuff sage vit. barb can't 'cause gets stuff killed fast enough before all the survival stuffs go on CD. Gooood beefs.
    Survivability: 4,5/5, Damage: 3,5/5, 1vs1 potential: 3/5, Mass-PVP potential: 5/5 Summary: 4/5

Demon str: 180% muscle spiced well so makes a very good beef. The tastiest, in Kitty's ultra-hateful opinion. Does have 25% weapon damage less base damage than sage str., but that's just 4-5% diff. at max and demon has crit. rate overcompensating that. The killer build with just insanely high DPS skillspamming. Demon Sunder+BW=GG? Yush. Demon Bestial Onslaught+Ancestral Rage=GG? Yush. Usually outDPSs far better-geared peoples if played properly. Requires a bit more attention when played compared to other builds here due to having less HP safeguarding. But well, who needs HP when stuff dies quick?
    Survivability: 3/5, Damage: 5/5, 1vs1 potential: 5/5, Mass-PVP potential 3/5 Summary: 4/5

Go ahead sagebarb-lovers, COME AT KITTY!!1
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User

Kitty does have sage and demon vit. and str. barbs. And to be honest: Kitty only plays demons. The reason ish that while sage does have like 3% better survivability (well, 27% sparked if not in BB), sages lack damage. They SERIOUSLY lack damage due to low crit. rate which means they take eternity to kill stuff. And that sage spark's dmg. red. ish situational due to sharing the same icon with some other stuffs.

Thanks to demon BO even demon vit. barb still has decent damage. Not to forget the creepy creepy demon Sunder+Arma. Kitty has lately assassinated some equal-geared people she didn't like with some demon single-target macro on her demon vit. barb.

Kitty's hateful opinions and ratings about barb-builds based on math, her bias towards demon barbs and experiences playing them all:

Sage vit: 99,9% fat, 0,1% muscle. Best survivability of any barbs. As long as someone else does the killing or it will be just a prolonged death. Unlikely to kill any equal-geared players unless super-lucky with zerkcrit (which really needs superluck). Too much fat for a good beef.

Survivability: 5/5, Damage: 0,5/5, 1vs1 potential: 2,5/5, Mass-pvp potential: 3,5/5 Summary: 2,9/5

Sage str: 100% muscle without spices. Does have highest base damage. But. Doesn't crit much. Hardly ever zerkcrits. So ends up around equal in DPS with demon vit. barb while lacking vit. barb's survivability. 3rd worst barb build Kitty can imagine (after AA and sage APS, which Kitty also has).

Survivability: 2,5/5, Damage: 3/5, 1vs1 potential: 3,5/5, Mass-PVP potential: 2/5 Summary: 2,75/5

Demon vit: 96% fat, 66% muscle ('cause spiced well). Almost as tanky as sage vit. with just 3% less survivability. Has highest possible Arma-damage and still does decent DPS thanks to demon BO. 2-shots lots of stuff with Sunder-Arma. And tanky, can actually tank stuff sage vit. barb can't 'cause gets stuff killed fast enough before all the survival stuffs go on CD. Gooood beefs.

Survivability: 4,5/5, Damage: 3,5/5, 1vs1 potential: 3/5, Mass-PVP potential: 5/5 Summary: 4/5

Demon str: 180% muscle spiced well so makes a very good beef. The tastiest, in Kitty's ultra-hateful opinion. Does have 25% weapon damage less base damage than sage str., but that's just 4-5% diff. at max and demon has crit. rate overcompensating that. The killer build with just insanely high DPS skillspamming. Demon Sunder+BW=GG? Yush. Demon Bestial Onslaught+Ancestral Rage=GG? Yush. Usually outDPSs far better-geared peoples if played properly. Requires a bit more attention when played compared to other builds here due to having less HP safeguarding. But well, who needs HP when stuff dies quick?

Survivability: 3/5, Damage: 5/5, 1vs1 potential: 5/5, Mass-PVP potential 3/5 Summary: 4/5

Go ahead sagebarb-lovers, COME AT KITTY!!1
    ​​

I just switched my barb from Sage VIT build to STR build...
    My survivality is still pretyt high, unkillable on 1-1. And the damage is PRETTY high, with 922 STR i have 41-54k damage self buffed, goes upto 57k with NW buff. and 69k with bloodrush, and over 100k with bloodrush max stacks+spark.
    Crit rate is still meh, 35%, is fairly decent... I cant complain at all.
    People hardly ever takes aggro from me on instances anymore.
    Most AA casters i stick to, die or have hard time to survive. Except psys cuz their annoying buffs.

I have another demon VIT barb with almost same endgame gear as mine, and i still rather play sage... specially for Chi purposes/survivality...
    Even that Demon has way more crit, almost 80% with Bestial onslaugh, that's pretty much it... It doesnt really offer much benefit from rest of their skills, crit rate...

So i'd stick with Sage in any VIT/STR build.. ;)
  • mulier
    maybe stealth leap can be used to cancel alot of skills if timed right @ federinho
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    Wait there are female mystics?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I would be fine with wiz stealth if fire proc was nerfed tbh. But really if you got issues with the wiz like that set your damn t screen accordinly like seriously when sins stealth i click pot T screen hunt the **** down. Why because in group pvp I look whos there and I set my T based on what I want to hunt mainly most players just contront pvp half cocked. Stealth on wiz in a leaf is totally fine when DB has 2 skills to become untargeted sins aswell hell bms can get tidal in leaps. Lets no forget psys clerics archers can make charms hit a crawl besides fireproc wiz are openly ignored man. Lol let them have that you dont got paralyze? Well tell your parabots to focus the wiz im sure he will die
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • magprrince
    magprrince Posts: 18 Arc User
    chary said:

...why do they have to add more **** to dbs?​​

you dont like DuskBlades ? O.O
  • magprrince
    magprrince Posts: 18 Arc User
    eirghan said:

;( i was hoping this would balance dbs. Seems like they just get even more op than other classes.

In DB defense their class did kill a god ijs pan gu son created them and then was killed by us ... i mean them .. because um ... im not a db ... um no most certainly am not o:)