how do i sell/buy gold without auction house?

Options
marianafix
marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
just for curiosity how players sell/buy gold without auction house?

Answers

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    Simple process of trust

If you're a gold seller, then when someone wants to buy from you, they request an item for X amount of gold. When you trade them for the item, the buyer will give you coin at the gold exchange rate on your server.

Example:

Fash = 10g
    Gold = 4m each

You buy fash for 10g, trade player fash for 40m.

End transaction.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Options
    Trust it the biggy for me, I trust no one so I just have been doing without buy any gold since the A.H. has none and players are "selling" gold in world chat for 4.5 million and up for 1 gold.
  • daniel291184
    daniel291184 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Options
    I didnt try to buy gold that way, still you can buy gold in AH, did it las week but you have to wait, like 3 day until someone sell golds.

But I think that is not a risk to buy gold from another player, just pay to the other player when he/she give you the items that you want from the boutique.
  • marianafix
    marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    thanks everyone
  • nyvbc1
    nyvbc1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    Options
    There is no risk to the buyer, as daniel stated above. The buyer simply puts their coin at the agreed upon exchange rate into the trade window for the item they desire. The risk is all with the seller. The seller is buying something from the Boutique, using their own Gold, and then will turn around and sell it at the agreed upon gold exchange rate. I've seen a few arguments in world chat where someone backed out of a transaction after the seller had already purchased the item from the Boutique.
  • tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    Rule No 1. for gold sellers:
    Only buy items in bouthique which are on sale.

Rule No.2 for gold sellers:
    Only buy items which have a high demand.
    Don't buy stuff like mounts, fireworks, flowers, mp/hp charms, training esoterica and other stuff which you can get with tokens of luck (tbh I even see no reason to buy 1-9* orbs, but some people seems to use them). Always wanted are e.g. 10* orbs for sure).

You might skip those rules if you know the buyer very well (e.g. in your faction) or if the buyer has a good reputation (e.g. an active well known r999 toon or a well known toon of a big faction).

Best time to sell gold (indirectly) is, when there is a good spend promo or/and cheap pack sale (e.g. Hidden Orchid Treasure Trove packs sell for about 7m per gold on TT server). If you are patient you can get about a billion coins just buy charging 100 dollars.