Elysium is coming... Discuss...

Comments

• foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    saxroll said:

foley3k said:

ballenato said:

foley3k said:

Regarding balancing, more will be revealed over the coming weeks. ;)

These houses that can be built. Can other people attack them and demolish, or loot it?
    I havent seen a game with housing system that allows that bro
    All the more reason they should implement it.
    Why would they ever let people wreck somebodys house? Its asinine idea to allow houses being destroyed by other player as nobody would be spending money to upgrade their houses because some jerk would just wreck them during mia hours(sleep/work/etc).
    Right there, thats why. Dont want your house to be wrecked, gotta spend real money. Good money grab for PWE.

NGTUy53.png

• davidmurphy
    davidmurphy Posts: 31 Arc User

Well, we don't know yet how long it takes to farm the new weapons. Maybe they'll put the materials in the boutique or maybe there are no changes in how you farm the weapons and PWCN just made changes on the weapons' stats. If they are hard to get and require a long time, we won't see too many around for a good while.

Though there are also the skills to consider, and I don't know how they will affect the balance. Looking at you Duskblades. ಠ_ಠ

​​

bms will be ooooooooooooooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee B)

• sbwxo1992
    sbwxo1992 Posts: 9 Arc User
    what kind of gear is goign to be required of the people who chose to farm it?
  • demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    Probably nv3 +knowing how to play class/survive at bare minimum for that instance
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • sbwxo1992
    so rip aps sins?
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    sbwxo1992 wrote: »
    so rip aps sins?

What era are you playing in?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• demansfairy
    demansfairy Posts: 456 Arc User
    null
    Aps sins died like 3 years ago for any new instance, their remains have become one with the earth by now.
    full +12 SB, currently lv 105 105 105
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    Since PWI might also have CN R9 conversion, any sin here interested in aps built ? CN R9.3 weapon for sins have -0.1 interval, and so does G17R4/5.

R9.3 aps sin still hurts with huge base atk and high crit for zerkcrit proc. Atk Level 70 on weapon alone + Zerk Crit can generate 70x4=280 atk level.
  • usmc1990
    usmc1990 Posts: 46 Arc User
    Aps still applies to a lot of instance like tt and ws where the majority source of income for a lot of people. No aps ATM only applied in fsp/pvp/tw/NW.
  • dblazen1
    usmc1990 wrote: »
    Aps still applies to a lot of instance like tt and ws where the majority source of income for a lot of people. No aps ATM only applied in fsp/pvp/tw/NW.

>A lot of instances
    >Only 2 worth mentioning
    >Even there APS isn't even that much faster at all
    >No aps ATM only applied in 4 cases

How's that logic going for you there buddy​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• honeychyld71
    honeychyld71 Posts: 24 Arc User

Oh yeah... Almost forgot... we're also releasing PWI on Steam :)

I saw this announcement on Steam....I couldn't stop laughing. I guess it was just a matter of time...the game is pretty dead isn't it? LOL! :p
  • sbwxo1992
    has it been said anywhere if ther ewill be g17 gear also or another rank update. or should i jsut continue on my ranked way?
  • usmc1990
    usmc1990 Posts: 46 Arc User
    The point is genius that people say aps no longer applied and yet tt and ws is the majority income resource for a lot people now days bc everything else is nerf. So that the point pvp yea aps don't applied ever since cards and chart came out. Where else u gonna farm? Herbs that gone down as well, drops? Previous comment applied. Aps still a go to method.
  • spartn
    spartn Posts: 19 Arc User
    Havnt played in a few years. Heard a new expasion was coming. time to dust myself off (maybe make a new character) And go through all that i missed!
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee

I saw this announcement on Steam....I couldn't stop laughing. I guess it was just a matter of time...the game is pretty dead isn't it? LOL! :p
    Dead enough to where we still after almost 8 years have a large and strong player base? Dead enough to merit a regular schedule of expansions and content?

... Interesting... STRONGEST ZOMBIE EVAR!!!!!!
  • arcangel786
    arcangel786 Posts: 76 Arc User

Dead enough to where we still after almost 8 years have a large and strong player base? Dead enough to merit a regular schedule of expansions and content?

well @thenamesdomino you really dont know anything about the player base, i have to agree with @honeychyld71 this game is dead and this expansion is the last chance for pwi :) if this dont revive the game nothing will. give a transfer stone to player in boutique so players can move to the server they like. and instead of bringing old Nation war as i heard please keep it this way and make it random. remove the GS and reduce the charm cost so players can pvp more. make Rb 1 and Rb 2 easy give new players more free stuff help them catch up with other players. no wonder lots of players left pwi to p.s. wake up pwi wake up you lose players every month.
  • sexyvampiremistress
    sexyvampiremistress Posts: 12 Arc User
    Questions:

Why, 8 years after launch, are we just now getting the housing system?
    Why is limited to players level 90 or higher?

The original housing system, to my knowledge, worked with items obtainable from doing world quest, which you got at level 70. So, obviously this new housing system isn't anything similar to what should have been available since launch from Fall of 2008.
    kittensiggyredone.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator

I have to agree. Even before the announcements of housing and the Steam release the game was going through a kind of "revival" period again. It's never been stagnant, but it is true that we hardly get any actual new players lately. What I have been seeing is a huge amount of people returning to the game that left it 2-3 years ago.

It's been fun teaching them Morai, new classes, and the Rebirth system. If only cross-server even timing wasn't so messed up, it would be a lot better.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    edited March 2016

It's dead enough to have employees reply comments like this instead of posting maintenance threads and giving updates on events (and the plushie thing)

If anything is for sure then it's that PWE has no clue how to handle their player base.
    Also, expansions are made and given to you by China, PWE has very little to do with that.

Also, 5 alt accounts used by the same person doesn't create a large player base either.

It's a circle of same old same old:
    1. Get a (new) CM
    2. Starts great, actually seems to do something and communicate (read give updates about things)
    3. lol jk it's the same as always after a few weeks/months
    4. Get barely any updates about anything
    5. CM leaves out of the blue
    6. a few months pass, go back to step 1​​
    Jws3dXe.gif

• thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    add to everything that has been said that it looks like the CS part of G17 has begun and who the heck knows where this will all end up...

'Adamantine Powder x50
    Upgrade your Rank 9 gear even more! This item is Pre-Order exclusive and will not be found anywhere else!

Orichalcum Ingot x10
    Upgrade your Rank 9 gear even more! This item is Pre-Order exclusive and will not be found anywhere else!
    "

now we have to pre-order items that we have no idea how to use or what the impact will be... sometimes these guys surprise even me...
  • cheapengineer
    cheapengineer Posts: 3 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

It's dead enough to have employees reply comments like this instead of posting maintenance threads and giving updates on events (and the plushie thing)

If anything is for sure then it's that PWE has no clue how to handle their player base.

Also, expansions are made and given to you by China, PWE has very little to do with that.

Also, 5 alt accounts used by the same person doesn't create a large player base either.

It's a circle of same old same old:

1. Get a (new) CM

2. Starts great, actually seems to do something and communicate (read give updates about things)

3. lol jk it's the same as always after a few weeks/months

4. Get barely any updates about anything

5. CM leaves out of the blue

6. a few months pass, go back to step 1​​

Then I suggest you stop wasting your time on this forum, whizzing in everyones cornflakes and go back to WoW, or Pokemon, or whatever forum you don't need to trash.
  • elyora2
    elyora2 Posts: 195 Arc User
    817HcAl.png

You say wot mate? 1/10 I will not shard and refine again nIYoW7R.pngdino2-17.gif
    So that better doesn't mean we're getting something better then r9s3 dino2-20.gif​​
  • tchp
    tchp Posts: 25 Arc User
    lol this is Hilarious,
    28$ for a +6 and +5 orb bound ok that's fair maybe, but the rest lol, idk what the 5 home pills are gonna be worth, and something tells me, time will make this useless any way. 10 War avatar catalyst, lol I pitty the fool who tries for a S pack, Oh you can get 1 lv on your leadership, has a secound lv will require you to get 10 more. and OMG +10 P att / m att, WOW really WOW this is AMAZINGLY USELESS !

68$ for a +7 and a +6 orb bound, sound fair also, but why make the 1st pack over lap the 2nd one, you should have made it +5 and +4 orb, so a player get +4 to +7 easy. Change the name of your house, probably a good expance considering how much it cost to change other names in the game. Home pills and deocoration.. again over time it will come free, and for an exclusive item, it kinda looks stupid.

128$ OMG lol +8 and +7 bound. pufff ! And a super rare mount that PW will take about 1 year to make common, they always did that why should they change, LIMITED EDITION of useless item to **** YOUR WALLET !, name change for your house, oh wow same has middle pack. And R9 mat upgrade that YOU CAN FIND ANYWHERE ELSE.

So does that mean i can't upgrade my r9 if I don'T buy your pack ! Puffff !

I have something unique on all the tip of my fingers, 1 in special i'm thinking about, IF you want my money, give me something worth spending for.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited March 2016

Seriously? Large and Strong player base? Maybe the Chinese version, not the one we play. Dead accounts shouldn't be included in the words "Large and Strong player base". Redo the accounts check you did, and see what ones have been active in the last 2 months compared to the 8 year span that you obviously gave it.
    People have numerous accounts. I have friend lists across my toons where people haven't been on in years. This is why PWE implemented the "Invite a Friend" to get old players back, because you guys know you are lacking in a player base. In my experience, if someone does return, they don't stay. Game mechanics is the same as it has always been, and are too far behind to catch up unless they drop a house down payment into the game.
    A large and strong player base, wouldn't have needed that big server merger you guys did not long ago, which only hurt the player base numbers even further.
    Not to mention what has happened in the offices as well. All these things are pointing to a dying game, not a strong one.

Your regular schedule of expansions are put out by China, not PWE.
    Content? Some newest things in game, Star Chart, Meridian, and Avatar cards, are all essentially the same thing.
    New content is new things to do, not new items in boutique to spend real money on.
    New bosses, new caves, new instances, random events. This is what the player base want. Not some little thing that can be run through in a couple of minutes. I know this isnt up to PWE, but dont say you offer expansions and content when China is the one doing it. Even private servers cater more to their player base then PWE does.

Didn't you even say when you first became a CM that you hadn't even played PWI before and just started? or was that a different CM?

and LOL at preordering the new things? Is that for real?

**Edit. Yup its for real. You want players to pre order stuff, that you can't guarantee is going to work? You guys are out of your mind. And who ever pre orders, I am sure you already bought your extra chromosome.
    NGTUy53.png

• tchp

How is that gona work... lanch steam to lanch arc to lanch PWI ?? how do I redeem inside steam for blessing ???

You forget about Arc, and just DL the client and launch via Steam. I do this with FW now since I can't run Arc on dev builds of Win10.​​

lol and arc just came out whit exp to make money for there game, So they are lanching on Steam , but at the same time they make an Arc 3.0 so ppl long in it instead of bypassing it, like I have done since it existed, Man this is so confusing, I'm so glad I burn it on a cd and I put it in the trash, when 3.0 came out. Cause that's where it's going.

And don't expect ppl to give PW good review on Steam. This game is boring, cause you can't earn unless your already in it since the start. I have recruited about 50 new players, and after spending 1 week explaning and encouraging them, they quit, no because of the guild or ppl or time. Because the economie is ****.
  • tchp

How is that gona work... lanch steam to lanch arc to lanch PWI ?? how do I redeem inside steam for blessing ???
    It's going to work just like our other games on Steam. Launch steam and launch the game :) you dont need arc if you dont want to, however all of our codes still must be redeemed on arc; note however, you still need an arc account to play.
    lol that's so useless, any game can be added to steam...

Well at least you get some publicity.

rotflmao
  • barber
    barber Posts: 86 Arc User
    All I can say is if people wanna put more coin in this game its fine with me but I'm not gonna do it anymore

As someone that's been playing here every day since beta, all I do anymore is dailys anyway

So, to put it short and sweet this expansion is useless for me, just like the last few that came down the pike
    banner01.jpg
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User

@thenamesdomino bro pls we need confirmations about those adamantine and orichalcum, are those necessary to get china r9r3 parts or are those g17 related?
    are those going to have insane chienkun costs to combine at the 1280 gold mat-cost per piece to be able to keep refines?
    cause if so this sale will be a complete fiasco, china r9r3 its not an upgrade, its more like a side-grade, doesnt really improve that much, those costs won't justify such gold expense.
    in china this sidegrade is coming almost for free, just few mil coins forge fee... why are we getting a 1280 gold cost on this, domino pls

+1 to this
    @thenamesdomino
    A clarification on this matter would be really nice.
    Many people put a lot of real money and/or time on refines, so it would be really bad if they have to pay that chienkun fee for something they paid in the past.