Assassin as a class

jellyfighter
jellyfighter Posts: 6 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Arigora Colosseum
I'm not entirely sure about where else to turn with this but ever since new primal skills and Lost Incantation defense charms have been released to the game, assassins turned out to be unkillable "machines".

I'm wondering how to kill a class that has ways to triple sage spark every 10-15 seconds with its ridiculous chi gain and sparks, combined with every possible crowd control skill + tidal + lost incantation defense charms + stealth. Since these 2-tick defense charms have been brought into the game, assassins who could before be killed (although hardly) in 1on1, now need a squad of multiple equally geared players to take them down. If this is balanced, then I obviously don't know the true meaning of the word.

You might say that these defense charms are free to get for everyone and thus make no difference but I strongly disagree because 1) casters and classes with slower-hitting skills have disadvantage (assassins can overcome the charm easily even with a single skill containing multiple hits while others need more time in which the 2nd charm can already be used) and 2) since assassins can use sage triple spark very often, the damage reduction from spark and defense charm is cumulative which grants them extreme survivability.

I know a lot of skilled PvP players and they have pretty much agree that assassins are - to some extent - a broken class. In my opinion, something should be done about this because it is ruining the game. Even statistically I believe I'm right because assassins are nowadays more abundant than any other class - which means players favor them for "some" reason (and I think it is clear which one).

I would like to ask some questions about assassins that don't seem logical to me and if addressed, should help achieve more balanced gameplay. Firstly, why do assassins have unimaginable chi gain skills (Inner Harmony, Rising Dragon Strike, Tackling Slash and Shadow Escape) with relatively short cooldowns that allow them to use spark 24/7? Secondly, why do they have every possible crowd control skill - multiple stuns (that come in package with hits dealing high damage), seal, immobilization, sleep, etc.? Thirdly, why do they, on top of all that, have Tidal protection/Focused Mind, which are deemed to be one of the most powerful buffs in game and the window of cooldown when they can't use them is only 30 seconds (and can easily be overcome with stealth)? Why can they stealth whenever they want to avoid being hit and thus controlling the flow of the battle (yes, you could use the revelation potion, but is that really fair since its cooldown is very long - 2 minutes)?

Despite all these questions, I think game would be a lot more balanced even if one of the aforementioned questions get resolved: fixed chi gain within normal boundaries. I find this to be the biggest issue since perma sage spark grants them insane damage, reduced damage taken from attacks and HP heal.

In hopes of addressing this issue, I am turning to you with suggestions for improvements. Thank you for your time reading this and please, by all means, should you not agree with my opinion, take some time and elaborate your poin of view.​​
Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

Comments

• keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    Pretty much everybody has agreed assassins are broken. Next update is only gonna make it worse with tidal + charm cd debuff. But that isnt the major reason for the amount of sins, least to what I have seen. They are farming class and everybody pretty much has one. Even the ones who dont really play one have farming sin. ​​
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • datboilee
    datboilee Posts: 7 Arc User
    you just need better gear to handle sins damages because most of them are +12 weap and learn how to kite sins better. Sins don't have crowd control skills lol. sins is designed to kill target fast but very squishy. Most good players never die to sins in massive pvp.
  • ogunernile
    ogunernile Posts: 99 Arc User
    Been gone 4 years and sins are still the most broken class? LOL, this game will never change. The population keeps declining, can never get a GM to respond in game and there are better designed mobile RPG games these days. So for a PC-based RPG to have a problem since it's inception and collectively decided to do nothing about it while it destroyed the very essence of the game speaks volume. if they don't care about there own game (balance) what makes you think the give 2 snits what you think?
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Nice necro dude.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.