March Ultimate Spend Promo Error

Options
seiyaku
seiyaku Posts: 3 Arc User
There is an error in the Tier 7 reward, which says S chest. I have gotten the reward for that tier and it turned out to be an A chest. Yes, I am certain the A chest was sent instead of the S chest.

7 500 Gold 1 War Avatar Chest: S

Will I be reimbursed? If so, how do I claim my reward?

Please move to appropriate section after the thread gets proper attention. Many people participating in this promo will experience the same problem.

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    You should probably submit a ticket for that.

Is anyone else seeing this issue?​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seiyaku
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes, I will be sending in a ticket. Support does not typically respond to promo reimbursements until 3 days after the promo has ended.

I am fairly certain others will experience the same issue. This thread is just to let others be aware, and take this error/(solution?) into consideration before making purchases.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    Options
    the support told me that i received an S chest according to their log and totally ignores the fact that it was the one for 800 gold spent and not the one for 500.

also it appears that the person i talked to in the chat has not passed the info around in the office, which i reported 1 hour after the promo started -_-V
  • seiyaku
    Options
    Is there a mod that can relay this error to a community manager in charge of promotions? From what I have seen, mintsummer has dealt with similar issues very quickly.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    Options
    Same Issue Sly, as well as at least two other faction mates.

I also opened a ticket. They respond that I should wait until end of this event before I open a ticket about this issue.

In my ticket I stated very clear out that it was a wrong item I received but they understood I want to state out that I miss an item reward ...

Not sure, what else to do about this issue ...
  • bosk
    bosk Posts: 33 Arc User
    Options
    My Experience with tickets:

This is what I do (in general) and it seems to get resutls:

1. Send a ticket that details the problem
    2. Receive a response that is basically a form letter or pat answer usually missing the point
    3. Send a reply that THANKS them for their attention then points out how my issue is not completely addressed by their response.
    4. Receive a response that appears to include steps that are specific to my issue.

And from there we might repeat steps 3 and 4, but usually a solution results fairly quickly.

I do not know why it is this way, but initial responses seem to be selected from a set of pat answers. Examples like "Ask the Community" or "Wait until the promo is complete" are like the Tech Support response of "Shut up, Reboot" as they most likely solve 90% of the tickets.

But secondary responses seem to get more attention. Perhaps the CS reps feel that if you are responding, then there must be more to your issue then it first appeared. Or perhaps it is from the mannerism (I am ALWAYS grateful for their first response) and they just feel like helping a bit more after seeing a "thank you".

Take from that what you wish, but I have applied the approach now to at least a dozen tickets for myself or friends or even people that were asking in WC for help. I cannot think of any ticket in the last 2-3 years at least that was not eventually resolved.

Cheers!
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    Options
    They Ninja-edited the promotion to say it was a "A Chest" instead of an "S Chest" for 500 gold....
  • spackigerhaufen
    spackigerhaufen Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    They also changed the date of the promotion ending. In the news it officially says:

Start: 3/11 10:00 AM PDT
    End: 3/17 11:59 PM PDT

Which means it should last at least till tomorrow evening. I spent 50 gold this morning and didn't get any rewards in my mailbox by now (5 hours later). So I guess the promo ended on 15th?
  • splendideyes
    Options
    tbh i expected them to do exactly this on the first day already.
    well played, PWE. totally unacceptable, this is clearly an error and mess YOU caused and you will not let the customer suffer for it.

thats like paying 500 dollar for an iphone and getting a flashlight instead.
  • shunsai
    shunsai Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I have gotten to Tier 9, but did not receive the Tier 9 reward. The promo seem to have been shut off prematurely. Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot of the S chest for Tier 7, but I have a screenshot of the promo dates. http://snag.gy/myr3F.jpg

So this promo has 2 issues:
    1. Tier 7 promised S chest, but sent out A chest.
    2. Promo ended on 3/15 instead of 3/17, causing people who spent not to get their rewards.

The evidence I have is that between 3/11-3/16, my spend history lists 1,200 gold worth of items. Also, the A chest is in my mailbox untouched. Reaching Tier 9, I should have received 2 S chests, not 1 A chest, 1 S chest.

I am communicating with support to see what results I get. If I can't get results through tickets, I hope enelimm, the sales manager, can lend a hand to clear things up.
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    It indeed looks as if the Spend Promo has been shut off early. I spent 100 gold today and have yet to receive any rewards.

The early ending could be chalked up to a simple error. The ninja editing of the rewards page from an S Chest to an A Chest is deliberate and criminal. The reward for 500 gold spent on these ultimate Spend Promos has been an S Chest since they began. It's pure BS to change it after the promo has started. It costs PWI nothing to have your service reps fix the problem and send out the correct item, yet you chose to be complete A-holes about it and pull this switcheroo. Great way to treat your big spenders...
  • phoenixpwi
    phoenixpwi Posts: 8 Arc User
    Options
    perrion said:

It indeed looks as if the Spend Promo has been shut off early. I spent 100 gold today and have yet to receive any rewards.

The early ending could be chalked up to a simple error. The ninja editing of the rewards page from an S Chest to an A Chest is deliberate and criminal. The reward for 500 gold spent on these ultimate Spend Promos has been an S Chest since they began. It's pure BS to change it after the promo has started. It costs PWI nothing to have your service reps fix the problem and send out the correct item, yet you chose to be complete A-holes about it and pull this switcheroo. Great way to treat your big spenders...

I fully agree on this. It left me speechless when I heard how PWE handled this situation. You should be aware that such actions draw your reputation to the ground and people lose the trust in your company. You don't need to wonder that people stop charging money and leave for other games.

I don't think the early cut off of the spend promotion can be fixed easily but you could at least send out the S chest for all people who spent 500 gold and keep your face.
  • splendideyes
    Options
    i just received another reply from the pwi support, stating that they will NOT send us the promised S Chest.

i dont even know what to say, if a real life store/company would do that, this would pretty much be a total fraud.
    it actually is a fraud.
    domino?
  • splendideyes
    Options
    bump.

mintsummer, domino?
  • nyvbc1
    nyvbc1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    You can easily get your credit card company to reimburse the amount charged, based on a fraud claim (that's what it's called when you advertise one thing, have people spend money, and then change what they receive - fraud). Of course, PWI will probably cancel your account at that time...

BTW, to be fair, customer support will give you the promised Saki card if you passed the 1200 gold mark between the 15th and the 17th.
  • splendideyes
    Options
    yeah but its not about saki, its about the S chest.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Will the new easter spend-reward now also changed afterwards from s chest to a pack for the 500 gold tier?
    -> Announcement Error or is it working again in the right way with the S Chest now? ... ok A chest ... answer given on webpage
    Post edited by sneakingzoe on
  • perrion
    Options
    Easter Spend Promo ended a day early. Go figure. This must be rocket science or something.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    Options
    best way to deal with this kind of problems ---> live chat
  • sakujyo
    sakujyo Posts: 3 Arc User
    Options
    From what I've been able to gather, the event start/end dates were run on UTC instead of PDT... Send tickets if you were impacted by the latest spend reward issue.
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    How can they advertise a promotion using PDT time, but send rewards using UTC. This makes no sense. Hopefully they can just fix the issue before it becomes a bigger problem.. Either Advertise the sales in UTC, or actually stand by what you present to the community and fix the problem.
  • perrion
    Options
    jwbooth said:

How can they advertise a promotion using PDT time, but send rewards using UTC. This makes no sense.

Because we're now playing on a game based in Europe, not North America.

• jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Options
    perrion said:

jwbooth said:

How can they advertise a promotion using PDT time, but send rewards using UTC. This makes no sense.

Because we're now playing on a game based in Europe, not North America.

It's in California which I'm pretty sure is in North America last time I checked, but that wasn't the point. Try to follow along.. Advertise one thing - reward another = bad