Current List of UN-Answered Questions/Issues.

joecisco
joecisco Posts: 102 Arc User
edited February 2016 in General Discussion
The last response on the biggest thread is over a month ago, so we don't want to Necro it. Most of the list was pretty stupid there anyhow.
The most common response from Domino is....
I've sent an email. Expect some answers Soon(tm).
How long exactly does it take to send/recieve an email in PWE-land?
I mean seriously.

Anyhow, on with the questions...
When will TW maps actually get reset?
Yes, I know the news says. Problem is that you folks keep changing your minds.
We, the community, want a definitive answer to this question, and we wanted it like 4 months ago.
When will we get a difinitive answer of the faction icons since the server merge?
I mean, everyone from the small servers got screwed as they lost their icons when they were merged into the big servers.
The faction Icon submission page is apparently broken for a lot of people, and the support team is too stupid to actually handle submissions.
When will the forums get fixed?
We still have all of the old servers sub-forums. @thenamesdomino said in November that it would change, but it would take a while.
Exactly how long? It has been 4 months now since you said that. It hast been almost 6 months since the merger.
What about perfect attendance rewards?
Yet another perfect example of a screwup that has yet to be fixed.
Last PWE response was almost a month ago now, and you guys have still failed to deliver.
Why did we stop getting manual patch links?
Also, why are we not getting good patch notes? I mean seriously dude. The complete lack of information coming from PWE is just astounding.
Why was the cross-server TW map not reset?
You guys said it would be reset. But it wasn't.
(Not like we're really that surprised given your track record of failure.)
When are you terds going to pay attention to the issues with NW?
I mean seriously. There's a thread started last November that is still active with almost nothing but complaining about the time.
It's unfair.
It's ruining the already **** economy.
And you guys have hardly said a word about the issue for over three months.
Oh, and just before you say this again Domino....
I'll keep pressing for answers, and as I've said before, I'll post them up as soon as I get them. We're getting answers and seeing some movement now. Some of these things are being discussed internally and it takes some time to get resolutions that I can share.
What answers?
How long does it take? Some of these issues are so old it's not even funny. Some of them would take mere moments to address, regardless of "internal discussion". That quote is from NOVEMBER for crying out loud!
If I missed something, feel free to post it.
If it's a skill bug, or something similar, those are separate from this discussion.
Please refrain from posting about your stupid ping to the servers, and go learn how the internet actually works.​​

Comments

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    1,5,6, and 7 have all already been answered...
  • prancing
    prancing Posts: 143 Arc User
    When you communicate its worth it to keep it civil without name calling.

Nation war is interesting, different nations will be stronger and have more people. But also a lower share of the winnings comparatively.

From a gameplay standpoint, items may be easier or harder to get depending on what server you are from. From an economic standpoint, prices should normalize and the price will the same and fair for everyone on your server. Nothing wrong with that.

As far as balance I feel there is not much PWI can do. Different factions are more powerful, do you want PWI to also do something about unbalanced tw? The world is yours to do what you want with it. I for one have not been negatively impacted by not being on the server with the most participants.​​
    m5arXCN.png
  • xskysoldier
    xskysoldier Posts: 128 Arc User
    @thenamesdomino @SylenThunder

All the money Pwe makes, they could have made this game a lot better. Don't you all agree?

• ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Welp, TW map finally reset, and also the cross-server TW map, when it was glitched or whatever, it was reset the next maint, then disabled for 2 weekends I believe, then back for one weekend, then map reset and disabled for 2 weeks now again.​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

All the money Pwe makes, they could have made this game a lot better. Don't you all agree?

PWE doesn't develop PWI, so no, they can't.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    dblazen1 said:

PWE doesn't develop PWI, so no, they can't.​​

On top of that, near as I can tell, they don't actually make that much money.

Try putting in some estimates on the userbase for PWI and how much they actually spend per year. Then consider how much it costs to pay devs and cover other related expenses.

Wanmei, the parent company, is likely making enough from the game to afford more dev work if they wanted. Realistically it would likely decrease overall profitability however and they have other much more effective things to use the money on like licensing, acquisitions and developing new titles.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    For the faction icons, I have seen a faction that lost their icon due to merge but have a new transparent logo again now. How they got it I don't know. Maybe thru tickets
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    shopcheese wrote: »
    For the faction icons, I have seen a faction that lost their icon due to merge but have a new transparent logo again now. How they got it I don't know. Maybe thru tickets

That just makes me even more angry. I have submitted tickets and they keep just saying that they are unable to use icons with transparency now. I finally gave up because my faction wanted a logo and submitted a black background version on the submission page yesterday.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    chchchchia wrote: »
    shopcheese wrote: »

That just makes me even more angry. I have submitted tickets and they keep just saying that they are unable to use icons with transparency now. I finally gave up because my faction wanted a logo and submitted a black background version on the submission page yesterday.
    If you submit on the submission page, I have had no issues getting transparent icons through. I am aware of three factions that have submitted transparent icons via the page in the past few months, and all of them received their transparent icons in the past couple of patches.
    Now, to answer the OP's questions that I can.

When will TW maps actually get reset?
    Done already. I personally think it has a lot to do with how vocal the community was about it.

When will we get a definitive answer of the faction icons since the server merge?
    I don't really think there needs to be one. I've covered this topic before in other threads. Submitting a ticket is just an exercise in frustration, no matter what your issue is.
    It works just fine if you can use the submission page.
    If the page isn't working for you, pester the support team until they fix it. The issue with that is account-specific.
    If they cannot fix the page for you, pester the hell out of them until they accept the proper transparent icon.
    I wish there was a better answer, but there isn't. That's just how it is.

When will the forums get fixed?
    Good question. I've been working with Domino on some of this. Lately the teams that need to work on it, have been extremely busy with other tasks and have not been able to implement the changes we have decided on.
    I'll poke Domino about this issue once more and see what I can do.

What about perfect attendance rewards?
    Mintsummer at least is aware of this issue, and it's something they are working on.
    What you need to keep in mind though.... This issue relies on the China Developers initiating the resolutions. They are extremely busy right now having returned recently from the holiday, having a huge backlog of issues and regular work. On top of all that, this isn't the only game they support. They work on multiple titles, one of which just had a major expansion release that has also gone south and needs a lot of fixes. Hell, at this point in time there is a whole wad of people that cannot even log into a server because of an issue with updating the server, and additionally with a bug in a client patch.
    They are aware and working on it. Please have some patience.

Why did we stop getting manual patch links?
    Not sure on this one. I believe the decision came from Wanmei, but I'll see what I can find out.

Why was the cross-server TW map not reset?
    Yes, it was pretty frustrating. On the same note, hardly anyone even knew it was turned back on again from the short announcement. I'm currently assuming that it is reset now with the regular TW map reset, and the upcoming event. However, I do not believe they have specifically stated that they reset it.

When are you terds going to pay attention to the issues with NW?
    I know that Domino and the PWE engineers are actively monitoring the servers and the network connections during the events. They are also still discussing the times and working on that issue, but there are a lot of limitations to what they can do, and a lot of actions rely on Wanmei entirely.

Hope that helps.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!