Magic vs. Vit Builds

cookiecrumbs#8484
cookiecrumbs#8484 Posts: 10 Arc User
I looked up mystic build in PWI WIKI. Two are reccomended. The first is "Full Magic" with 9 mag and 1 str per 2 lvls. The other is "Vit Build" with 7/8 mag, 2/1 vit and 1 str per 2 lvls.
My question is what does str do for magic classes that vit does not since description says melee damagae and physical defense for str and vit also includes physical defense in it's description? Wouldn't it be better to use a build that gave dex and str to gear requirements and the rest 9:1 Magic to Vit?

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Magic classes don't need DEX. period. Just don't think about putting points to DEX as a mage.

Adding points to VIT will increase your base HP by 10 hp for every point, and you will get a very small additional amount of phys and mag resistance, but in the long run, it's really not enough to consider. Also keep in mind that every point you put in VIT is taking away from the amount of damage you can deal, and you'll get more mdef from MAG points.

STR put only what your gear calls for. This is max 53-55 points depending on the gear. STR will also add a small amount of pdef, but it's not enough to benefit compared to how much you will lose to your damage later from not putting those points into MAG.

The best build is the pure MAG . 9/1 until base STR hits gear requirements, then all to MAG afterwards.
    VIT builds are fine early on for survivability, but in the long run, you will suffer. It was more popular when we didn't have multiple rebirths, and the top-end gear was TT99.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cookiecrumbs#8484
    edited February 2016
    Tysm for you detailed answer. I am new to the game and virtually clueless. Will resetting my stats give me back my lvl 1 base stats? If so what would they be at lvl 75 if I had spent no points at all? Better yet where can I find that answer? :)
    Post edited by cookiecrumbs#8484 on
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Yes it will, but to be perfectly honest... If your stats aren't that far off now, just wait until you rebirth and fix them then.

Edit: Technically, you can reset your stats to be lower then the base 5 if you do it right with the boutique items. I did this with my Cleric, and have the base value for DEX at 3 instead of 5, which gave me two more points to put in MAG. normal-1.gif

Just remember, boutique items will cost you gold, ReBirth doesn't. You'll want to ReBirth as soon as you hit level 100.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cookiecrumbs#8484
    Oh rebirth resets stats. Well ofc it does. #.# ok tyvm again! you have been so helpful. I may at some point do what you did for the extra points. :)
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Vit builds still have merit for certain magic classes like clerics and venos, but mystics are not one of them and should stay pure mag. Just wait until you rb to fix it as it's not really important at the point you're at now.​​