Build?

I can't seem to find a guide for stormbring or build suggestions. (wish PWI WIKI was being updated) Does anyone have a good build for this class?

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Follow standard Mage rules of 9/1 every two levels for MAG/STR. (Until you hit 54STR, that is 55 for R9)

I'll have to hunt around and see if there is some build thread here that should be stickied later today. Maybe after dinner if I don't get caught up in something else.

Edit: Oh, look what I found...
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Stormbringer​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cookiecrumbs#8484
    cookiecrumbs#8484 Posts: 10 Arc User
    :) Tysm
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    What they said is absolutely correct. Only thing I'd add is it can be worth putting a decent number of points in vit if you're just starting out and don't have the best gear. You'll get a free stat reset on rebirth later on anyway, at which point you should go 55 str then full mag as they suggested. Up to you as both are valid, it's just a suggestion if you find yourself dying a little more than you'd like. Try not to go under 5 mag per two levels though as your damage will start to get really low and vit has diminishing returns anyway as it adds a flat number to HP per stat point.

Personally I tend to put 200ish point in vit on my casters when they are first leveling up because I don't want to have to worry about the gear they are using all that much. Also worth noting if your gear is bad (ie not adding a bunch of HP) going 5/4/1ish (mag/vit/str) per two levels roughly doubles your HP from level 50-94. It's worth mentioning you can kite most things anyway because you're a SB however doing that for everything may drive you insane unless it's really your thing.

Note: I'm not in a position where I ever have to solo grind massive numbers numbers of mobs on these casters but neither should you outside of a moderate number of mobs for white quests.
  • eag1e67
    eag1e67 Posts: 94 Arc User
    What about skills? How would you macro them to go auto cilti, like in PV?
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    eag1e67 wrote: »
    What about skills? How would you macro them to go auto cilti, like in PV?

If you wanna auto-culti you can just use Downburst. Nothing else is really needed. You can use lunar blessing every once in a while as a recovery but thats pretty much it. Not really a macro needed :P