[BUG] - Casting skills on Nation Wars

Multiple people, including me have noticed that upon entering a new map in nation wars, we are unable to cast certain skills.. it variates from time to time.. and class to class.

Today 13-09-2015, I went in Nation Wars with my bm and i couldn't cast Cloud Sprint or Aura of the golden Bell.
Last week it mainly was cloud sprint that wasn't working.

Any explaination why its not casting skills but throwing an error saying invalid skill?

Note:

Skill was not on cooldown.
Skill did not have to less chi.
Skill had enough mana available.
Character was not silenced, stunned or any other way of immobilization.
Connection was fine (green).

Would appriciate it to look into it :-)

Tagged:

Comments

• aeternusdoleo
    aeternusdoleo Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Lemme guess. Dawnglory server?

The issue is that one or more of the instance servers and the main world server clocks aren't synchronized. I've found that different NW maps run on different servers, which causes this glitch if the server clocks aren't in sync. It's the same issue that happens when some skills fail when they were on CD in the main world, and then you go in an instance - it'll show "invalid skill" upon trying to use it as well.

Basically, the server thinks the skill is still on cooldown, but the client disagrees - the server rejects the skill use anyway and the client reports this as "invalid skill".

This thing has happened on Dawnglory several times when it was still Morai. Kinda hoping the server ops will implement or verify NTP with a sync to the same source and add that to the reset routine.
    ... forget your fears. And want no more...

Dawnglory player:
    Ulsyr - Khelvan - Evryn - Gromth
    And StoneSnake - CatSnakeshop for everyone's Common Stones and more!
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    kek almighty sylenthunder explain us how invalid skills and apothecary not being functional in crystal maps are on user's end egg-2.gif​​
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    limonazza wrote: »
    kek almighty sylenthunder explain us how invalid skills and apothecary not being functional in crystal maps are on user's end egg-2.gif

What user is thinking
    user clicks on apoc, apoc does not work. It is pwi fault.

What is really happening
    user is watching netflix and mind controlling their character.

If it happened every single time that a user tries it, it is at user end. If it happens sometimes, stuff happens. If it rarely ever happens, be happy.​​
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    jabq said:

limonazza wrote: »

kek almighty sylenthunder explain us how invalid skills and apothecary not being functional in crystal maps are on user's end egg-2.gif

What user is thinking

user clicks on apoc, apoc does not work. It is pwi fault.

What is really happening

user is watching netflix and mind controlling their character.

If it happened every single time that a user tries it, it is at user end. If it happens sometimes, stuff happens. If it rarely ever happens, be happy.​​

It's a legit issue on DG server that hasn't been fixed for over a month. Certain instances (FSP/crystal contests/TW) and world map are not on the same time.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    chary wrote: »
    It's a legit issue on DG server that hasn't been fixed for over a month. Certain instances (FSP/crystal contests/TW) and world map are not on the same time.

Issue being, people click on apoc, and apoc does not take effect? Is the apoc being consumed, or is the apoc still in inv? Is there a lag in how the animation plays out?

I would recommend starting a new topic regarding this issue. Otherwise this topic will get closed.​​
  • chary
    jabq said:

Issue being, people click on apoc, and apoc does not take effect? Is the apoc being consumed, or is the apoc still in inv? Is there a lag in how the animation plays out?

I would recommend starting a new topic regarding this issue. Otherwise this topic will get closed.​​

Skills won't work inside if they have a long cd and used right before entering. I was unable to use sleep or pantheon once in a crystal contest and sins constantly have issues with being able to use tidal/deaden in there.

Or the lovely instance in TW where I got psy buffs outside and then they'd wear off a full 2-3 minutes earlier than they should have every time.

As for fsp, the quest to enter never disappears from quest log and you need to manually trash it every time you go in and it also has the skill not working issue, but not nearly as bad as it is in crystal contests.

I made a thread about it in Quality Corner back in late September, but no change and it's been going on since about mid-September.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    This discussion was created from comments split from: PWI Announces New Expansion : War Front.
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sylenthunder
    edited November 2015
    Split this into your very own topic limonazza.

It's a direct result of the time being screwed up in instances on your server.

Basically, one or more of the servers that house those particular maps aren't time-synced correctly. More people need to open a support ticket on this so that they might get some kind of a clue.​​

​​
  • chary
    You probably should have kept this in the general discussion section so maybe the GMs will actually read it. I get the distinct impression that this section is not looked at at all anymore.
  • sylenthunder
    You probably should have kept this in the general discussion section so maybe the GMs will actually read it. I get the distinct impression that this section is not looked at at all anymore.
    Technically it probably should have been merged into the discussion about the map timer being off since that's the cause of the issue. I left it on it's on in the QC for more visibility. It will get lost in GD and Surtr won't end up seeing it.​​

​​
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    I don't know if Surtr would have seen it or not in the GD, but we can assume he didn't read the two months old one in the QC talking about this same issue.
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    yea i hope this cristal map issue is fixed on cross server nws,

else there will be lotsa rekt keyboards egg-44.gif from invalid skills\apo not working rage egg-44.gifegg-44.gifegg-44.gifegg-44.gif​​
  • daerontasardur
    daerontasardur Posts: 30 Arc User
    When will servers be up again?

Find Out Where The Limits Are
    ...And Start From There!!!
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Is there any particular reason why this is only an issue on Dawnglory? Was this the the US-EU server merge maybe
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • chary
    It's happened before on Morai, iirc. It could happen to any of the servers. It's just coincidence that it plagues the EU server.​​