Cross-Server Event Time Discussion

Options

Comments

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Actually Da had 600+ people in NW yesterday but numbers dropped as NW was coming to a close. I forgot the exact numbers but it was way more than "580". At that point tho Da already had too many points so the loss of participants didnt really matter.

But we know you love to omit things and twist peoples words and comments around to whatever suits you.

• kidding#1112
    kidding#1112 Posts: 32 Arc User
    Options
    Do you have an SS showing Da with 600+ in yesterday's nws? Cause else you are the one twisting reality​​
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options

20v40 its a cristal map, did i say enough?
    and they were fighting back, at least they were trying to egg-2.gif

Da had 580, Et had 520 yesterday... so we don't win by default, we just win everytime 4Head.png​​

And again you ignore the fact that Etherblade is a server of alts, I am aware that etherblade had 500+ at some point but again those are 500 toons connected to the event, not 500 players, lets say that Da have 100 alts, ether have about 200 if no more, add to that all undergeared people and most important: those 200 + alts I was talking about are from someone and those people waste time and concentration controlling those damn alts.

I dare to say that the actual number of people playing NW from Etherblade server is 300 or so.
  • gabrielgrey
    gabrielgrey Posts: 16 Arc User
    Options
    I hate to add to this but I will. To PWI / ARC people: I'm east coast NA. I've been playing 6 years since after beta, I have one main toon (an archer), on Etherblade. The move of NW to weekends during my day, and West Coast's day, is all very well for Europe, but we're at work. You know, that thing that lets us buy your gold so that your servers can continue functioning. I have a desire to plus my s3 armor, and shard it, but why should I waste my money on your gold to do that, if I can't USE it in PVP? Maybe the easiest solution here, is to leave the cross server NW in place and re-integrate the local server NWs that were going on. That at least lets us get SOME satisfaction.
    I'm not going to threaten to quit the game, that happens often enough already in your forums and facebook. but it would be nice to be able to participate more again.
  • saphira4545
    saphira4545 Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    eeepsilon said:

20v40 its a cristal map, did i say enough?
    and they were fighting back, at least they were trying to egg-2.gif

Da had 580, Et had 520 yesterday... so we don't win by default, we just win everytime 4Head.png​​

And again you ignore the fact that Etherblade is a server of alts, I am aware that etherblade had 500+ at some point but again those are 500 toons connected to the event, not 500 players, lets say that Da have 100 alts, ether have about 200 if no more, add to that all undergeared people and most important: those 200 + alts I was talking about are from someone and those people waste time and concentration controlling those damn alts.

I dare to say that the actual number of people playing NW from Etherblade server is 300 or so.

I from da server and i see ppl rage and QQing because they have lag then how ppl can come with alt with lag in nw and its useless to logging alt for more token

PS : you forgot a detail DA SERVER has 2 server NA+ EU for me normal we have more ppl ......
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    PS : you forgot a detail DA SERVER has 2 server NA+ EU for me normal we have more ppl ......
    All servers were previously two servers. The others are just NA + NA.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Options
    Could we just continue to make the suggestion to find a fix for the time slot for Nation Wars?
    I want to believe the more popular time for Nation Wars was Satruday, and even less may attend on Sundays, but if only we could shift the Nation War time by 2-4 hours ahead of what it is now would be a better situation. Well 4 hours might be more optimal.

I will say, I work Saturdays, so Sunday is my time; I have no complaints for the day. I just think PWE needs to cater to their bulk player base. Of course I can't see IP logs and see what part of the world actively plays, but as far as servers go, you have 3 North American servers, and one European server. Would you rather please 3 out of 4 people or only 1 out of 4? Unless that 1 is your spouse, it's better to please the other 3 instead.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • poohchai323
    poohchai323 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I fully understand that due to the different timezones, you can't please everyone. Now that being said, its sad to see that you are limiting the amount of people attending these events by setting ALL the SvS events at the SAME time (11am PST). I have friends that have or are going to quit since it's too early for them.

My suggestion:

1. Can't we just drop server vs server nw and revert to old? I miss pking our own people (w/o the qqing @ west). SvS NW is a numbers game since there is no limit set to the amount of people tat can join, it's ALWAYS been 1 sided. Or make it randomised nations.

2. I think DC is great as a new SvS event since there is a limit of 60 (62 max). There's really no huge advantage. But maybe have it twice a week but different times, like Friday evenings and Saturday mornings. So that people from all regions can take part. If my memory serves me right, I think it's possible to set DC to any time and day unlike NW (fixed @ 8pm). Or at least push the DC event time to 2-3 hrs later.

• marianafix
    marianafix Posts: 23 Arc User
    Options
    i cant go on nw sunday 2pm :'( for me the best solution is to make 2 nw at sunday one at 2pm and another at 8pm east american server time. i know not everyone wil be able to play buth i think it wil be bether for bouth american an eropean players.
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Would it be at all possible to adjust DC start time by couple of hours? 2-3 hours later wont affect majority of European playerbase but it will greatly increase the chances least east coast players can attend the event.
    Post edited by keihan007#7641 on
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    Options
    atleast 2 hours later i can be fine with i was a normal NW attendent before the change now i pretty much had tap out trying to attend. I dont see pwi doing much about the population amount that really cant be helped. Dawn got big population cause remember Morai already was 1st to even go thru a server merge while back before the recent one.
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Options

All servers were previously two servers. The others are just NA + NA.​​

Think Google just messed up when translating that, and he meant 2 EU servers + NA...
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    Options
    It will NEVER EVER be fair for all the servers. However, both events favor the European server by a large margin. After all 8pm is the best time for everyone. Mornings stink. Those that played late Friday night or had a date are not getting up Sat. morning. And what about those that go to church Sunday morning. The only FAIR thing to do is to switch the times to favor the US servers every few months to balance it out. I think most of us do not like any of the cross server events.
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    Options
    dejiavu said:

It will NEVER EVER be fair for all the servers. However, both events favor the European server by a large margin. After all 8pm is the best time for everyone. Mornings stink. Those that played late Friday night or had a date are not getting up Sat. morning. And what about those that go to church Sunday morning. The only FAIR thing to do is to switch the times to favor the US servers every few months to balance it out. I think most of us do not like any of the cross server events.

8pm is best time for everyone? thats a very broad and naiive statement. first you say evening time is best, then make the excuse that morning time is horrible because people do stuff in the evenings....
    about going to church? if you're going to church you should uninstall PWI because its full of heresy and sins
    what times favor the US servers that work better than current, give a timetable that will work for cross server events and TWs, so far no one has provided a reasonable solution
    i think most people do like the cross server events, they're keeping the game much more active
  • zentfamily
    zentfamily Posts: 234 Arc User
    Options
    dejiavu said:

And what about those that go to church Sunday morning.

You play PWI. Church won't save you. :D
    ZentVedr - Retired at last. Or am I?
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    Options
    Im laughing my **** off you want pwi to adjust to yours
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    Options
    My opinion, this game's events were originally scheduled to cater to US time zones, not EU times - and it should have stayed that way. Even with cross server events, they should have 2 separate times (which seems impossible). As proven with the new NW schedule on an afternoon weekend, there are more EU players who can attend the event compared to American servers. So not only is NW unbalanced, this event will also favor EU servers more since they will have more faction members attending. Now it seems all the major events that kept my friends and I playing are out of our reach as Americans with busy afternoon weekends. Thank goodness this is not the only game I can play. This is the last nail in the coffin for this game for me.

Good bye all, and thank you for the last 8 years? of fun. It is just pointless to farm and improve on gear in this game (even with the new contents coming) when you can't use it for these pvp events.
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options
    One of the biggest complaints about the Etherblade server is the amount of alts that people use to get more tokens in NW. Our current commander, is the alt cleric of someone who will also bring their barb and stormbringer into NW. This is the epitome of our problem. Also, with 10 min left of voting the person who is commander was down by 48 votes. There is no rules on buying ballots for commander. It should be limited to 1 ballot per toon or account. At this time, there is no integrity for commander.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    Options
    At the end is just as I was saying, they doubled the amount of tokens but I did not saw much increment in what I get with same score/same place. And there is not other chance to aim for second place since Da always get first. Now it is just one per week and the big winners are: Da and the server that gets in front of them.

Also the commander system should be nerfed or removed. I don't blame the commander for victory or defeat but I think is really stupid that someone who doesn't do a thing get 1500 to 2500 tokens (depends on server) plus what they get with all their alts, while the players who actually are doing something in the event get almost nothing. The commander from our server got about 1800 tokens today en his/her commander toon, other commander from one of the other server got about 1500.
    Just to give an Idea: a Commander now can farm a warsoul weapon in about 2 nation wars or at worst 3.

They should at least left the 2 cross server NW as before if they are not going to fix the times. And move the cross TW to other day or time. I am aware that most of the OP players from this game want to do Cross server TW, but if you think about it; NW is not just a simple ''ego measurement contest'' like Cross TW. Nation wars is also a farming event, you need supply tokens to craft certain gear.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    I don't think the rewards were doubled. They said they increased it, but never said it was double.

You can totally blame your commander if they're a complete moron.

IMHO, we should just return to the single-server NW's. Possibly also schedule the cross-server TW for a time that better suits everyone, instead of once again catering to the minority timezone.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • spatz1993
    spatz1993 Posts: 42 Arc User
    Options

I don't think the rewards were doubled. They said they increased it, but never said it was double.

IMHO, we should just return to the single-server NW's. Possibly also schedule the cross-server TW for a time that better suits everyone, instead of once again catering to the minority timezone.​​

They actually said atleast twice that the rewards will be doubled :)

Can't believe I read it all.
    1) Not "No land requirement to join" : factions with 0 territory can sign up -- but not guaranteed to get into the war. factions with 2 territories will be auto qualified. Well, to make this requirement is not that easy. Based on how China and Taiwan performed, this seems to be an "OK" requirement to start. We will keep adjusting it until it reaches the balance point.
    2) Yes, it is. NW will be merged into 1 battle on Sunday, reward will be doubled.
    3) Not only 3 slots. Much more than that to make sure most factions on each server would get a chance to participate.

+ here on the bottom (link)
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    Options
    yea the rewards actually got doubled and its a good change again for NW. now i only have to get my face smashed in once a week for the same amount of tokens 2 nw´s gave me.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    Options

Most people except maybe the Dawnglory server would like to see a Friday NW that is only server based and maybe a 2nd x server NW to satisfy those who want a challenge with another server. Also get rid of the commander, my weekend I was commander I got 2100 tokens for only getting 2nd and 3rd. I would have done it for less. Our commander admitted he could buy 50 ballots (150 million coins) and still make a profit. They need to reduce the commanders pay.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    @thenamesdomino or @mintsummer Can't PWE just post that the times aren't going to change or they are looking into it and/or if there is a possibility that it will be changed at all ever? Because the way it looks to me, this is the time people will have to deal with.
    This discussion is leading towards nowhere at this point tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options
    dblazen1 said:

@thenamesdomino or @mintsummer Can't PWE just post that the times aren't going to change or they are looking into it and/or if there is a possibility that it will be changed at all ever? Because the way it looks to me, this is the time people will have to deal with.

This discussion is leading towards nowhere at this point tiger-18.gif​​

If the topic bothers you, stop reading it.

It makes sense to me for people to continue to complain, there's always the chance that PWI will realize that the majority of the NA player base hates the cross server events and ditch the whole stupid idea.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Options
    perrion wrote: »

This discussion is leading towards nowhere at this point

It makes sense to me for people to continue to complain, there's always the chance that PWI will realize that the majority of the NA player base hates the cross server events and ditch the whole stupid idea.

The times, in my opinion, are fine as is.
    If murricans can't bring themselves to join the event at 11am and 1pm (east 11am, west 1pm i think it was) on a sunday, then I have no idea what times they want.
    The excuse of having better things to do at xx am/pm is one of the worst. That can be said about any time of any day.

Besides that, the discussion and complaining is going nowhere because PWE doesn't listen, unless someone can point me in the direction of a post that even remotely states that they are still looking into changing these event times.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• tetraem007
    tetraem007 Posts: 129 Arc User
    Options
    perrion said:

If you hate this event, you are a non-factor for decisions for this event anyway.
    If the majority of NA players would hate this event, they would be non-factors for decisions too.

You still need Supply Tokens, but don't want xNW? Well.. then just ask PWE to bring back NW in addition.
    But there is no need to remove xNW just because some people don't like it.

• perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Options

perrion said:

If you hate this event, you are a non-factor for decisions for this event anyway.
    If the majority of NA players would hate this event, they would be non-factors for decisions too.

You still need Supply Tokens, but don't want xNW? Well.. then just ask PWE to bring back NW in addition.
    But there is no need to remove xNW just because some people don't like it.

I liked the old NW, a lot. I'd attend almost every one. I'd be perfectly happy if they would bring back the old NW and I can ignore the crapfest that is cross server NW.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Did anyone suggest to return 2nd NW and set it on Friday as it was before? Thus, xTW won't suffer, Sunday NW won't suffer. Who is interested in more NWing, will go. Who can't attend on Sunday will have a chance to earn tokens on Friday.
    As I was afraid, xTW is not balanced at all, SF and numbers wise. It leaves us only 1 decent PK event per week monkey-19.gif That's really sad and depressing.
    Not everyone can participate in xTW and not everyone has TWs. NW was for everyone.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png