Rank 8 3rd recast - Farming [GUIDE] Quick Sand Maze 100+

Somebody please help me :)
I wanna know how to farm STEP by STEP my R8RR? Thank you. please this topic is to guide people how to farm there r8rr, as we cant find any good step by step guide. So please dont comment that r8rr is worthless and expensive, we already know that. What we need is a good guide. Thank you.

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    It's been a bit, but you need either a squad or the ability to multi at least 3 or 4 well-geared chars and probably a second person that can do the same. Barb is mandatory in the event you get Naga Basara for the last boss or the other one whose name escapes me atm, but I just call it Muk after the pokemon. Cleric is also very useful for bb and purifying and veno is good for purge on some of the mobs.

Here is qontroL's video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMGJ8ORFSNQ

Realistically, unless you have a static squad or duo going, you can probably just forget about it. And in the event of a squad, it's gonna take a hell of a lot longer to farm.​​
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    I just want to mention there are also ways to locate the real way to avoid death ends, I wanted write a guide about it together with some captain tricks but I guess I got lazy.. For now, there is the boss guide and if you dig into his youtube channel there also a video where we run through a whole QM100+ run.​​
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    testxvi said:

I just want to mention there are also ways to locate the real way to avoid death ends, I wanted write a guide about it together with some captain tricks but I guess I got lazy.. For now, there is the boss guide and if you dig into his youtube channel there also a video where we run through a whole QM100+ run.​​

There is even a way to avoid the dead ends? And this also applies to the lvl 95 maze and the others?

I'm about to give up to make my Penumbra gear, because in 99% of attempts, I find a dead end, which annoys me and makes me lose time.

if you can share the strategy to avoid such dead ends, I will be forever grateful...
  • lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    You can make an item called Bloodglass Shard using Lucky Coins that reveals the map. Takes 3 Lucky Coins to make.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    You can also just farm them from the instance itself. When I still did it, I'd purposely go down the obvious two or three block deadends along the way to grab the shards.​​
  • engrdennis2012
    engrdennis2012 Posts: 95 Arc User
    Basically, almost all the guides started inside the quick sand maze, can u please make a guide a step by step like how to start the quest what npc in morai, what option to take. Something like that. thank you if u do it like that. Tyty
  • testxvi
    edited February 2016
    @kenshin151
    In most cases, no. The method goes forexample on where the chests spawn (that drops materials), but the 95+ is a little different than 100+ as they dont have chests at all.
    You can however count the rooms. I believe 1st boss in QM95+ is in room 6 if I remember right, so sometimes you can navigate the path quicker if you have a split in lets say forexample room 4, because you'll know boss would be 2 rooms after but dead ends can be over 11 rooms long (at least in 100+). In that example you only wasted time on 2 extra rooms instead of 11 in case you went the wrong path. The 2nd boss for QM95+ would be 5-7 rooms away after 1st boss (yes it can be random number) but again I'm not sure about that's exactly the numbers, I havent been noticing it much in 95+ as its so short compared to 100+.
    But yes you can indeed buy bloodglass as mentioned by someone else in this thread to be able view the map. It doesnt say exactly where the bosses are but can give you a very good idea of the way.
    The 95+ I have been duoing with another friend of mine and we usually split up in there to find the way a lot quicker since its also a lot easier to solo than 100+. I would suggest you to find someone to duo with as well, and if you're on my server (TT) you're also free to tag along with me when I do it.

@engrdennis2012
    Outside of quicksand maze you talk to NPC "Starshower". You grab a daily quest that gives 2x "Quicksand Smokewisp".. If you're familiar with Nirvana then they work like nirvana keys. Basically, to enter 100+ you use 1 smokewisp. You can pick up 2 a day from the daily.
    Inside the instance you talk to the NPC to grab daily quest (reward for run the instance) and you also activate the instance there. Notice you need minimum 7 people to start it, also they have to be Mirage X+ and ofc 100+ since its QM100+
    You dont go into morai. The item from morai are for the lower versions of QM only. This is for 100+, or are you interested in lower versions?​​
    Post edited by testxvi on
  • engrdennis2012
    engrdennis2012 Posts: 95 Arc User
    testxvi said:

@kenshin151

In most cases, no. The method goes forexample on where the chests spawn (that drops materials), but the 95+ is a little different than 100+ as they dont have chests at all.

You can however count the rooms. I believe 1st boss in QM95+ is in room 6 if I remember right, so sometimes you can navigate the path quicker if you have a split in lets say forexample room 4, because you'll know boss would be 2 rooms after but dead ends can be over 11 rooms long (at least in 100+). In that example you only wasted time on 2 extra rooms instead of 11 in case you went the wrong path. The 2nd boss for QM95+ would be 5-7 rooms away after 1st boss (yes it can be random number) but again I'm not sure about that's exactly the numbers, I havent been noticing it much in 95+ as its so short compared to 100+.

But yes you can indeed buy bloodglass as mentioned by someone else in this thread to be able view the map. It doesnt say exactly where the bosses are but can give you a very good idea of the way.

The 95+ I have been duoing with another friend of mine and we usually split up in there to find the way a lot quicker since its also a lot easier to solo than 100+. I would suggest you to find someone to duo with as well, and if you're on my server (TT) you're also free to tag along with me when I do it.

@engrdennis2012

Outside of quicksand maze you talk to NPC "Starshower". You grab a daily quest that gives 2x "Quicksand Smokewisp".. If you're familiar with Nirvana then they work like nirvana keys. Basically, to enter 100+ you use 1 smokewisp. You can pick up 2 a day from the daily.

Inside the instance you talk to the NPC to grab daily quest (reward for run the instance) and you also activate the instance there. Notice you need minimum 7 people to start it, also they have to be Mirage X+ and ofc 100+ since its QM100+

You dont go into morai. The item from morai are for the lower versions of QM only. This is for 100+, or are you interested in lower versions?​​

hmmm, thats confused me a little. my goal is to make my R8R to R8RR
  • testxvi
    @engrdennis2012

- Make a squad of 7-10 people that are Lv100+ and minimum Mirage sky X+
    - Go to entrance of QSM and talk to Starshower NPC and pick blue quest "Desert Smokewisp (Daily)" (this is your key to enter the instance)
    - Enter instance by talking to Starshower NPC and pick the red quest "Enter the Quicksand Maze"
    - Inside instance talk to Dreamspace NPC and take blue quest "Whirling Sands (Daily Quest)"
    - Leader of the squad take red quest "Quicksand Maze (Party Leader)" to start the instance.
    - Now good luck to gather your r8rr materials...

Its all you have to do.​​
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    hope u finish farming that gear, see u next year or in 2... :D