The Challenge of Champions Redux

Comments

• wesker
    wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
    I stoped watching at room 27 (the boss room) - so fail...
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    why did you even watch it in the first place...
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    wesker said:

I stoped watching at room 27 (the boss room) - so fail...

Without even giving my absolute best I achieved times most cant even achieve at all.

LIke I said, I don't think that I am the best BUT if I am fail...then what are you guys?

If I would've gone all out I would've even been able to get the best time ever but unlike ANYONE else I can prove that my run was legit. My videos showcase what is possible BUT others could've glitched it anyway. So my time is the best cause I just doubt anyone else. Recorde it, prove it or it didnt happen :)

I am soo eagerly waiting for a video showcasing a better performance than mine. Yeah. Shouldn't be a problem. I do think so, too. That's why I get permanently disappointed in this game. Sooo many times people are unable to pull off even the easist kind of stuff xDD and then I get called fail :P that irony <3

• shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Just being curious I looked up room 27 in the video, oh yeah, that could've been done quite a bit faster for your tower time.

But it's just too much work to challenge you. Not just the fact having to record everything, but the fact that you pretty much need to farm max attack from room 1. You may call people fail for being a lot slower than you on the tower time, but the way I do tower is spending way less time in real life, I really do not want to sit extra hours to farm buffs and reset the rooms for tower time. I'm sure most other people that do tower is the same. That instance already takes too long time even when you don't spend the extra time farming and resetting.
  • jsxshadow

Just being curious I looked up room 27 in the video, oh yeah, that could've been done quite a bit faster for your tower time.

But it's just too much work to challenge you. Not just the fact having to record everything, but the fact that you pretty much need to farm max attack from room 1. You may call people fail for being a lot slower than you on the tower time, but the way I do tower is spending way less time in real life, I really do not want to sit extra hours to farm buffs and reset the rooms for tower time. I'm sure most other people that do tower is the same. That instance already takes too long time even when you don't spend the extra time farming and resetting.

I didnt call anyone fail. I am just disappointed.

Besides that...this was a once in a lifetime run for this competition on both Barb and Storm. Usually I run through the tower in max 3h real time each char. Gl doing even that faster than me.

There really is no point in arguing with me. The reason being that I can see all this undercover ignorance everytime someone of you guys responds to me. There is always a touch of: "ha that nub freak can only play this game but I am better in anything else". You might not realize this yourself but read through all the comments towards me and how hostile they are. Then look back and look at my initial comments. Are they hostile? Are they arrogant? No. If I am being like that then its just a reflection.

If there is a faster way to do Esher then please go ahead and tell me. I never said I knew it all. Learning new things and constantly improving yourself is my way of life.
  • armoftheland
    armoftheland Posts: 124 Arc User
    You posted proof about doing something better? = fail
    You talk about a way of doing something you like? = arrogant
    You share opinions with the community? = nolife

PWI best community.​​
  • jsxshadow
    edited January 2016

You posted proof about doing something better? = fail

You talk about a way of doing something you like? = arrogant

You share opinions with the community? = nolife

PWI best community.​​

Misinterpreted. I am sorry :(

Guess I am too used to defending myself xD
    Post edited by jsxshadow on
  • shaiyrdren
    shaiyrdren Posts: 25 Arc User
    I don't think armoftheland was against you...rather he was pointing out how people reacted to your posts, with "PWI best community" dripping in sarcasm.
    Celestris - Twilight Temple
  • jsxshadow

I don't think armoftheland was against you...rather he was pointing out how people reacted to your posts, with "PWI best community" dripping in sarcasm.

uh, I see that now xDD ya written sarcasm is sometimes harder to see. I apologize :(
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    @jsxshadow you farm the items you push the chest with, reset the room and use them all from start. That saves ton of time because you don't have to wait for mobs spawn.
    For bm and duskblade they can just reel the chest but I guess the churning vortex isn't doing good enough job on that.

If I had a stormbringer I would have tried using churning vortex in charge energy room too, making the mobs in middle so you won't have to push the little one they spawn. If you feel like it, test it out for me, I always wondered if it would work well.
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    I like how most of the times stack up at 2:20+. Have any of the faster times been verified by pwi? I am going to guess that half of the top 10 glitched, but will this be checked? My mystic friend was like "what's the point" because of the the obvious glitcher that will likely get the top reward. It would be nice to get updates and support for this event they came up with. Please error on the side of transparency and let us know what pwi is doing or plans to do after the event ends tomorrow.
  • jwbooth
    @jsxshadow I was able to keep ahead of your time until room 81. You just haz too much DD.
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »
    I didnt call anyone fail. I am just disappointed.

Honestly, this stuff is too boring to do it even for a guaranteed useful prize, not talking about a chance of getting it. Sitting, clicking, resetting for hours, hours, hours is very hard psycologically. I'm not surprised not many ppl wish to do it, even though many have potential. Resetting and farming 1st room 400 times and keep reentering endlessly is not that entertaining to be willing to compete. Asterelle mentioned 20 hours for a decent run. This is 2,5 normal human wroking days of non stop repeatable actions pig-11.gif I would be more disappointed and worried if ppl really rushed for it in bulks.
    I'm amazed by your patience, but fact is it's extraordinary for this not so entertaining instance. And remember, it's just a game. Not a job, not an obligation, not a must. And this achievement is not equally attractive for everyone.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jwbooth
    If anyone feels people are doubting their "under 2:20 times" I would suggest posting a video of any round they have completed as proof. For those under 2:10, I'd probably suggest the final 9 rooms. If you can do those under even 17 minutes,(17:50 is my best) I will believe you.. If you can do any of the first few sets of 9 rooms in under 10:00 I will believe you also. (10:12 is my fastest). Video of all 108 rooms is unnecessary.
  • jsxshadow
    jwbooth said:

If anyone feels people are doubting their "under 2:20 times" I would suggest posting a video of any round they have completed as proof. For those under 2:10, I'd probably suggest the final 9 rooms. If you can do those under even 17 minutes,(17:50 is my best) I will believe you.. If you can do any of the first few sets of 9 rooms in under 10:00 I will believe you also. (10:12 is my fastest). Video of all 108 rooms is unnecessary.

Nah...then you could just chill through the other rooms and glitch some to get on the same time. That would be unfair imho. Besides when you record anyway then you can also record the whole thing and speed it up a little like I did, I used x4 times the speed for the regular run and x6 times for farming buffs. This way it wont be too long and anyone can just adjust the playback speed in youtube anyway.
  • kurisukotze
    kurisukotze Posts: 240 Arc User
    2h10m is possible I mean im g16+5 gear with qsm morai recast weap +7 (note I always use every pot possible including HoneyDew Rice Cakes) and got 2h48mins23 secs if I had r999 gear stat bonus and better neck, belt and cape for more atk lvls as well as engraves Im sure i could hit that time, BUT I do Heavenfall each week and when a new name pops up with such a good time using pet class that really seems fishy to me.
    Rencko - 105/105/105 - Seeker -Twilight Temple Server

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • incendio
    incendio Posts: 7 Arc User
    Hoping that a GM sees this before they send out the rewards for the Heavenfall Competition.

This is Aeliah \o/ sage cleric on Tideswell.

I posted a winning time very early this morning (6:57 am PST) for clerics---a time of 2:34:00. The next-lowest score is 2:37:59. Anybody who logs on to Tideswell server and checks out the Heavenfall rankings can see that I have a time of 2:34:00, because on the individual server rankings, the list updates every hour. However, for (some reason?!) the list for *cross-server* only updates *once a day*, and that *once a day* happens to be 6:30 am in the morning (wtf lol).

So my question is this: will the GMs "refresh" the cross-server list manually at 18:00 pm PST today to make sure they have any last minute entries for the times are noted, or will they only look at what is already there? Because, if they don't refresh the list, the *actual* deadline for this contest was 6:30am PST this morning, and not 18:00pm, which seems pretty sketchy to me. If the deadline was actually 6:30am, they should have said so on the contest details. However, if the deadline really is 18:00 pm PST, then entries that come in at any point up to then should be valid, and if that is the case, then the *only* way for the GMs to *see* those times, is to manually refresh the rankings list to include last-minute entries. (Not that my entry is last-minute, but you get what I mean.)

Regards,

Aeliah

• koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    The sad thing is that I was really looking forward to this instance months before it arrived. After doing it twice I stopped going in, and not many still do. Especially after this whole event fiasco, along with how tedious it is to do for random rewards, the instance is pretty much dead to most people. Yet this thread is still alive ._.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • yuyi#4233
    yuyi#4233 Posts: 28 Arc User
    incendio said:

Hoping that a GM sees this before they send out the rewards for the Heavenfall Competition.

This is Aeliah \o/ sage cleric on Tideswell.

I posted a winning time very early this morning (6:57 am PST) for clerics---a time of 2:34:00. The next-lowest score is 2:37:59. Anybody who logs on to Tideswell server and checks out the Heavenfall rankings can see that I have a time of 2:34:00, because on the individual server rankings, the list updates every hour. However, for (some reason?!) the list for *cross-server* only updates *once a day*, and that *once a day* happens to be 6:30 am in the morning (wtf lol).

So my question is this: will the GMs "refresh" the cross-server list manually at 18:00 pm PST today to make sure they have any last minute entries for the times are noted, or will they only look at what is already there? Because, if they don't refresh the list, the *actual* deadline for this contest was 6:30am PST this morning, and not 18:00pm, which seems pretty sketchy to me. If the deadline was actually 6:30am, they should have said so on the contest details. However, if the deadline really is 18:00 pm PST, then entries that come in at any point up to then should be valid, and if that is the case, then the *only* way for the GMs to *see* those times, is to manually refresh the rankings list to include last-minute entries. (Not that my entry is last-minute, but you get what I mean.)

Regards,

Aeliah

Hey Aeliah, this is PoIIo; I just happen to see this post.

I was able to finish the tower before the 'checking time'. What happened to you was the same as a friend of mine, he finished the tower during the 'ranking lock time' which means the score doesn't counts at all >.<.

http://puu.sh/mOI6e/9707bdc56e.jpg

That 'rule' appears when you check your server ranking fyi.
  • jwbooth
    2:10 is possible... Well, yes and no. With a GM weapon, yes. Even with a +70 slay lvl weapon, no.. Let's say you do everything just right.. I mean don't make any mistakes, and 1 shot all the easy bosses. You're looking at a 10:00 minimum round time x 12 rounds = 2 hours. Now add in an additional 3, 5, and 7 min respectively for the extra HP and boss difficulty of the last 3 rounds. You're up to 2:15. And that is with pretty much 0 mistakes through 108 rooms. Now, if you don't have a +10 or better +70 slay lvl weapon, -chann or -int gear to go with it, +10 slay lvl buff pot, and zooming thunder powders, you're gonna add another 4-5 min.

Here's a graph for those that like them!

• jsxshadow
    jwbooth said:

2:10 is possible... Well, yes and no. With a GM weapon, yes. Even with a +70 slay lvl weapon, no.. Let's say you do everything just right.. I mean don't make any mistakes, and 1 shot all the easy bosses. You're looking at a 10:00 minimum round time x 12 rounds = 2 hours. Now add in an additional 3, 5, and 7 min respectively for the extra HP and boss difficulty of the last 3 rounds. You're up to 2:15. And that is with pretty much 0 mistakes through 108 rooms. Now, if you don't have a +10 or better +70 slay lvl weapon, -chann or -int gear to go with it, +10 slay lvl buff pot, and zooming thunder powders, you're gonna add another 4-5 min.

Here's a graph for those that like them!

Nah, just look at my Stormbringers performance and where I could still shove off some minutes. There is alot to improve and with the newly found way to beat the esher room 1 minute faster each then that alone would push me down to 2:18. I really think I could pull off 2:08 or even lower xDD

But well..why should anyone bother anymore? Makes no sense really as the competition is over and there is absolutely no point in trying to go for a better time with approx 10h of work involved in it. 2:20 was achieved fast on my Storm. I only* needed ~7 and a half hours in total and that already is way too much time to even consider repeating.
  • incendio
    incendio Posts: 7 Arc User
    Well if they don't consider those last minute times, its really unfair. They *said*---until 18:00 pm. Now, if I'd *known* the time would *actually* end at 6:30am, I could have actually finished before then. At around 6am I was already at room 104 or so. I reset the last few rooms quite a few times to get them perfect, but I didn't need perfect at that point to win, I coulda taken an extra minute and finished before 6:30am. But I didn't know so I took my time and I got a killer time... with the result that the time was after 6:30. I thought I had until 18:00 though so I wasn't worried.

This is why I'm asking the GMs to refresh the times *up to* the stated end time of 18:00. Or... to just look on the 30th, and see what times show up on the cross-server rankings as having been submitted on the 29th. That would be quite fair.
  • kurisukotze
    incendio said:

Well if they don't consider those last minute times, its really unfair. They *said*---until 18:00 pm. Now, if I'd *known* the time would *actually* end at 6:30am, I could have actually finished before then. At around 6am I was already at room 104 or so. I reset the last few rooms quite a few times to get them perfect, but I didn't need perfect at that point to win, I coulda taken an extra minute and finished before 6:30am. But I didn't know so I took my time and I got a killer time... with the result that the time was after 6:30. I thought I had until 18:00 though so I wasn't worried.

This is why I'm asking the GMs to refresh the times *up to* the stated end time of 18:00. Or... to just look on the 30th, and see what times show up on the cross-server rankings as having been submitted on the 29th. That would be quite fair.

Didnt he say he will be cheking the times at 18:00 PST BUT we all know 6am PST is when the time are locked and 7am is when it updates cross server ranking so knowing this all should have know to finish before 6am if they wanted to get time recorded into cross server ranking

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • jsxshadow

incendio said:

Didnt he say he will be cheking the times at 18:00 PST BUT we all know 6am PST is when the time are locked and 7am is when it updates cross server ranking so knowing this all should have know to finish before 6am if they wanted to get time recorded into cross server ranking
    I have to agree. All of this was well-known before. It's not like they changed it midway. It has been like this from the start of the challange/the instance.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I just hope they wont be giving rewards out yet with all the glitching still available.
    Because if they do... They shouldn't had removed my 1:36 time tiger-5.gif​​
  • prettythings
    prettythings Posts: 2 Arc User
    incendio said:

Doesn't particularly matter in your case as you're in the Cleric 2nd-5th place pool of prizes, regardless of whether they take your current best or previous best...but it might matter for other classes.
  • feymir
    feymir Posts: 10 Arc User
    incendio said:

doesn't matter for you
    you weren't #1 regardless
  • srubek29
    srubek29 Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hey ! Did any of recieve rewards for "Heavenfall competition" ? We should get it on January 29th....
  • kurisukotze
    srubek29 said:

Hey ! Did any of recieve rewards for "Heavenfall competition" ? We should get it on January 29th....

Hopefully no-one gets rewards as too some used glitch to get good time. .

Current Gear:
    *Out of Date*
  • jsxshadow

srubek29 said:

Hopefully no-one gets rewards as too some used glitch to get good time. .
    Would be unfair. I can prove my time. I didnt record it for nothing :(
This discussion has been closed.