East Servers Latency issues

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
You may experience high latency in the East servers again. We are aware and are trying to restore stability.

Thanks for your patience guys.

Comments

• mazumii1987
    mazumii1987 Posts: 8 Arc User
    why only east coast servers....why bother, pwi staff can't wipe their own nvm
    HOW WE ROLL IN DREAMWEAVER
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolzcatz
    lolzcatz Posts: 28 Arc User
    It's not pwe's fault someone is targeting the east coast server with a ddos attack
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    From Europ i have always lag into NWs is this solution restore that problem too?
  • lolzcatz
    Nope, that's probably more related to distance than anything.
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    lolzcatz wrote: »
    beast21g wrote: »
    From Europ i have always lag into NWs is this solution restore that problem too?
    Nope, that's probably more related to distance than anything.
    Yeah, crossing the Atlantic Ocean on a trunk line with an extremely heavily-trafficked node on either side will do that. The solution for you would be to play on the Europe server.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • thenamesdomino
    Unfortunately there's only 2 options for Neverwinter: Dragon (International) and Drider (Russian), Unless the player speaks and reads Russian, it's going to be laggy connecting to the Dragon Server.
  • sylenthunder
    Oh, they said NW... Duh. I assumed PWI since it's the PWI forum. LOL​​

​​
  • lolzcatz
    edited January 2016
    I assumed they meant Nation Wars, since that server is the old Raging Tides server. Which is with the east coast server, hence the distance issue.
  • beast21g
    well when we say NW in pwi forums everyone we mean Nation War
    Sorry for the missundertooding (and sorry for my english too)
  • jessthepms
    jessthepms Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    It was supposed to last Jan 26th and 27th...today is the 27th but it is already disabled. Where is our 2x? :s
    Post edited by jessthepms on
  • jgcm99
    jgcm99 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah...wth make us a promise of double on the 26 and 27th to make up for lag and mass dc...Still having lag and dcs on the 26th even...should of extended it not took it from us...nor tell us we get something we aren't going to have...
  • jgcm99
    jgcm99 Posts: 3 Arc User
    Still having server issues yet took double from us....was supposed to be 26 and 27th...Yet it has already ended early! WTH...Should of been extended... Couldn't even farm much yesterday for the dcs...and this is compensation....
  • ursomimao
    ursomimao Posts: 26 Arc User
    still have lag spikes, tideswell, 15:20 server time
  • jessthepms
    jessthepms Posts: 37 Arc User
    Why is the thread about 2x ending before it was supposed to merged with the thread about server issues? They are not the same thing unless you are blaming 2x ending on the "high latency?" o.O
  • sylenthunder
    jessthepms wrote: »
    Why is the thread about 2x ending before it was supposed to merged with the thread about server issues? They are not the same thing unless you are blaming 2x ending on the "high latency?" o.O
    Because of this post...
    mintsummer wrote: »
    Double XP and drops have been scheduled to east coast server for Jan 26 and Jan 27.
    Which is in the previous thread related to the issues, but it's been closed because it was replaced with this thread.

So instead of merging into a closed thread, I merged it into this one that is still active and being monitored by management. If I had left it alone, it would have just been trolled to death and ignored. Then I would have had to close it. This way it's seen by the people who need to see it.​​

​​
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    ...to do nothing about. Such is pwi
  • fangchill
    fangchill Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Let this be a word of wisdom to the PWI staff, x2 for 2 days is like giving a guy you ran over $5 dollars to go see a doctor, the lag deters promising spenders from spending since as many are now saying the game is dying in world chat, when you guys gave out free orbs, it made everyone forget there was even a problem with the server/game. I suggest doing something similar, im sure coding 3x10star orbs wont cost you guys much or anything at all,
    x2 only benefits hardcore farmers and pv power lvlers, it doesnt help the majority between that could be potientially big spenders in the future.
    i recommend something like free exp stone to lvl toons to 95 or free 9 or 10 star orbs, but who knows, you guys may actually be trying to kill the game off.

• sylenthunder
    fangchill wrote: »
    Let this be a word of wisdom to the PWI staff, x2 for 2 days is like giving a guy you ran over $5 dollars to go see a doctor, the lag deters promising spenders from spending since as many are now saying the game is dying in world chat, when you guys gave out free orbs, it made everyone forget there was even a problem with the server/game. I suggest doing something similar, im sure coding 3x10star orbs wont cost you guys much or anything at all,
    x2 only benefits hardcore farmers and pv power lvlers, it doesnt help the majority between that could be potientially big spenders in the future.
    i recommend something like free exp stone to lvl toons to 95 or free 9 or 10 star orbs, but who knows, you guys may actually be trying to kill the game off.
    That's a bit excessive.

Keep in kind, they didn't have to give you jack. They also had very little control over being attacked. It's not like they did something to crash the servers.

Did I mention that they don't owe you anything for that?
    Oh, and people have been saying the game is dying since 2009. Nothing new to see there.​​

​​
  • usmc1990
    usmc1990 Posts: 46 Arc User
    Good god, the compensation some players ask for is freaking rediculous. Compensation for something the company have no control of. I understand they end the 2x early and at the very least they can restart that, but to ask for a freaking lvl 95 stone and 2-3 10*orbs is freaking hilarious. And ur sample of getting hit and get 5 bucks for Doctor is hilarious.
  • beast21g
    oh oh oh can i ask 14 Orbs +10 an Emperor a Crown of Madness and 10b coins?
    :D:D:D
  • sunshine859
    sunshine859 Posts: 8 Arc User
    #AlwaysEastCoast

Fun times. Fun times.
    Jaceraie
    Celestial Sage Mystic
    Tideswell. #AlwaysEastCoast
  • bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    I personally think they should give everyone The Incarcerate S chests and be done with it.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Oh god this comparison.
    Damn you PWE, thanks to all these DDoS attacks you had over the years, I feel like i've been ran over by a truck, train, private jet and a tank. All at the same time. And what did I get? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
    Yeah, 5 dollars to go see a damn doctor.
    @mintsummer see you in court bub!

tiger-18.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• ursomimao
    on topic, lag still comes n goes in tideswell server, right now there is a huge lag spike, 9:55 server time
  • gimpeline
    gimpeline Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2016

That's a bit excessive.

Keep in kind, they didn't have to give you jack. They also had very little control over being attacked. It's not like they did something to crash the servers.

Oh, and people have been saying the game is dying since 2009. Nothing new to see there.​​

" It's not like they did something to crash the servers."
    That's the defense I will use at work the next time a server goes down. I'm sure I will be left off the hook with that kind of defense. " I did nothing wrong. The servers just went down. Not my fault" I'm sure I will get a pay raise after that defense.

• dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    gimpeline wrote: »

That's a bit excessive.

Oh, and people have been saying the game is dying since 2009. Nothing new to see there.

" It's not like they did something to crash the servers."
    That's the defense I will use at work the next time a server goes down. I'm sure I will be left off the hook with that kind of defense. " I did nothing wrong. The servers just went down. Not my fault" I'm sure I will get a pay raise after that defense.

Except the thing is that they are doing their job and responded to the DDoS, the thing is that people are complaining about not getting compensation for something that does not need to be compensated.
    If you run a website that has thousands of visits each day, and the site goes offline for a little bit because of an attack, how would you react then?
    Are you going to "compensate" all your users because some whiny kid is complaining and making stupid comparisons?​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    Tideswell under DDOS attacks again.​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • thenamesdomino
    We're on it
  • ursomimao
    tideswell is under DDOS attack again, server time 18:47
  • unbarb
    unbarb Posts: 68 Arc User
    THE GAME IS UNPLAYABLE, MASSIVE LAG AND DC RIGHT NOW (SINCE 6PM SERVER TIME)
This discussion has been closed.