PWI Livestream - Dragon's Conquest 1/22/16

thenamesdomino
thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
HELLOOOOOO PWI!!!

"@_@ Jeepers Domino you scared me! Where've you been?"

Sorry about that! It's been a bit of a journey lately... MANY things going on and to top it off... I BRING GOOD NEWS!

"Oh? What kind of news?"

Very interesting news indeed! You see... In my comings and go-ings I've been privvy to some pretty interesting information, and just today I got clearance to share some of it with you! So to celebrate, I'm taking you guys for a trip to the test server!

THAT'S RIGHT MY FRIENDS! Yer old boy is going behind the scenes of PWI with a few of my friends in Quality Assurance and we're going to give you an exclusive sneak peek at our new Cross Server Guild War, Dragon's Conquest!

"Does this mean Skittles is coming?"

But of course! Since DRAGON is the word of the day, my faithful companion and I are going to hop in, and show you guys some of the things you can look forward to! Through it all we will also be giving you some tips and tricks on how to get the most out of this Event!

So join me my friends on out Official Twitch Channel! This is going to be an event you won't want to miss! Come for the fun, Stay for the Prizes (There will be many) and Stick around for the Mayhem!

The Time: 2pm-3:30pm PST, Friday 1/22/16
The Place: Our PWI Test Server
The Twitch: www.twitch.tv/perfectworld_community

BE THERE!

Comments

• den28nl
    den28nl Posts: 43 Arc User
    Will it be recorded, so I can watch it at a later time?
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    when it comes? next maintenance?
  • quinnie
    quinnie Posts: 46 Arc User
    den28nl said:

Will it be recorded, so I can watch it at a later time?

i wonder the same since thats 11 pm for me today and tomorrow i got tw at 5 am and work starts at 11 am :D
    Etherblade
    HaarKoning
    MrLens
    MrGiggleShyts
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    So lets do a Q&A on this before everyone starts asking the same questions.
    Ill update this as we get any info if anyone wants to fill in the blanks be my quest!

Q: Will it be recorded, so I can watch it at a later time?
    A: most likely but you will have to be on-line to win any prizes at the time its broadcast.

Q: When are we going to get this update?
    A: In about 2 weeks Feb 2nd is the date given!

Q: Is the TW map going to be reset?
    A: Same Day as the new update is what domino said.

Q: What do I need to bid on land?
    A: More info in the quote below!
    mintsummer wrote: »
    We removed the China bid requirements. Under current plan, any faction can participate the Dragon Conquest LV 1 territory war sign up. Therefore, yes we will have TW map reset along with DC launch. And yes, all cross server events will take place on Sat and Sun for most players convenience.
    This is what could happen most likely. But let's take patch note as final words.
    @thenamesdomino gimme the winner list of livestream!

asterelle wrote: »
    gaborcika1 wrote: »

Ohh I didn't realize the window was already translated in our client.

Here are all those screens: http://imgur.com/a/a6gWi

You can see them by talking to the Rong Utsin NPC at 585 665

Q: Will we be able to squad before entering NW/SvS TW?
    A: Unlikely as these events happen on a different server so it reloads your toon this is likely to be the case with buffs as well!

Q: What happens if the timer runs out in SvS TW?
    A: after about 2.5 hours. the guild with the most points win.

Q: What are the rewards / Prizes for SvS TW?
    A: From what Domino said it depends on the tear you are fighting. R9 Mats seam to be the main Rewards.

Q: Will any of the times change for the events?
    A: Yes. But nothing was confirmed other than this.

Q: Will NW numbers be looked into as this is causing upset?
    A: Yes. this will be looked into as this is an issue in a few other games as well.

Q: Are we getting G17 Gears / Housing system / PWCN R9 Recast?
    A: Domino Could Not Comment On This. But he did have a different R9 on his toon.

If you want to ask any questions do so and ill try to answer them on what has been said.

Thanks.

Heero.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • thenamesdomino
    We're setting the event up as we speak, out time tool is giving us some issues so we're probably going to start the stream a bit late. we're looking at 2:45 start time right now for Dragon's Conquest.
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    For those of us that won something from the stream, will you be contacting us via Twitch or something?​​
  • thenamesdomino
    I sent you messages in twitch mail :)
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2016

​​
  • kidding#1112
    kidding#1112 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    asterelle wrote: »

y i tried to suggest it during the live stream but they had "technical problems",
    what we have to understand now is if what is written in the NPC is confirmed or not,
    since Domino was talking about no land requirements for a faction to qualify for this​​
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited January 2016
    not unusual for this to happen sadly.

I normally put it down to bad translation. At least we have the NPC on hand!

Added a few questions to the QA as well.​​
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Sorry for the nab question Domino but you will send the messages or already did it?
    Didn't got any message on twitch mail :'(

• chary
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Sorry for the nab question Domino but you will send the messages or already did it?
    Didn't got any message on twitch mail :'(

Check the spam/other folder. That's where I found mine.​​
  • kidding#1112
    by the way i heard rumors of TW map being reseted when cross-server Dragon conquest patch will be launched.

just saying that would disallow factions from being able to sign up\bid for dragon conquest at least for a month and a half period (requirement is to have 5+ lands)

thus, do not reset TW maps​​
  • rieihdius
    chary said:

Check the spam/other folder. That's where I found mine.​​ ​​

Checked and nothing. I guess I was forgotten or my twitch mail does not work properly. :p

• beast21g

by the way i heard rumors of TW map being reseted when cross-server Dragon conquest patch will be launched.

just saying that would disallow factions from being able to sign up\bid for dragon conquest at least for a month and a half period (requirement is to have 5+ lands)

thus, do not reset TW maps​​

nop you are wrong
    Option 1: Everyone would be able to bid
    Option 2: Lands will be count as before reset
  • kidding#1112
    beast21g wrote: »

thus, do not reset TW maps

nop you are wrong
    Option 1: Everyone would be able to bid
    Option 2: Lands will be count as before reset

http://imgur.com/a/a6gWi​​
  • rieihdius
    @thenamesdomino
    Any possibility that you can send/resend me the twitch mail for the livestream event price when you are not too busy?
    Since I didn't got it, also already checked spam mail and is not there.
    Or do you need a character name or something I can provide on forum post? :)

• attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    just give a sample video of SVS TW of PWCN.

time slot still affects pwi balance cuz time zone issue.

Hopefully, can meet ur guys in SVS TW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twxrSdMBuoo
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • thenamesdomino
    @rieihdius whats your twitch mail name?
  • rieihdius
    edited January 2016
    @thenamesdomino

Thanks for the reply

it should be rieihdius same as my forum name here.
    Post edited by rieihdius on

• mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    attackerv said:

I hate timezone! I am struggling with all those cross server events time schedule!!!! :cry::cry:
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User

attackerv said:

I hate timezone! I am struggling with all those cross server events time schedule!!!! :cry::cry:
    TBH, the best time for tw and cross server tw is saturday and sunday period. Regardless of time zone, the majority of people with normal school and/or work hours are free most of the time then. Therefore saturday and sunday any time between 11am and 9pm is best, due to time difference that means it should be between 17:00-21:00 server time. Reguardless of time zone everyone should be able to make those on a weekend. Therefore slot 1 priority should be near 1 of those ends, and slot 2 at the other.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • beast21g
    agree saturday and sunday should be priority slot 1 and 2
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User

attackerv said:

TBH, the best time for tw and cross server tw is saturday and sunday period. Regardless of time zone, the majority of people with normal school and/or work hours are free most of the time then. Therefore saturday and sunday any time between 11am and 9pm is best, due to time difference that means it should be between 17:00-21:00 server time. Reguardless of time zone everyone should be able to make those on a weekend. Therefore slot 1 priority should be near 1 of those ends, and slot 2 at the other.

You're correct in that it's certainly as good as it gets. The problem is realistically even on the weekend it will still advantage some groups/servers over others. Even if it's just a 20% difference in attendance that's really hard to overcome. Might be a little better for TW than NW because people care more but even then I wouldn't be surprised if the timezone determines the dominant faction
  • chary
    Prob most fair to put cross server tw at an east coast time on Saturday. Can leave NW Euro-centric and probably move one of the timeslots to Friday. Normal tw? idk so long as one of the main slots isn't on Friday like it is now.​​
  • kidding#1112
    edited January 2016
    mintsummer wrote: »

late night saturday would do like 11 PM EU, 5 PM EST, 11 AM PST

that would also collide with nation wars times

but @mintsummer can we have the final word onto Dragon Conquest qualification requirements? since Domino said in the live streaming that there is no such a requirement, in contradiction with what NPC states,

(as NPC states, and as it is on China, a faction to be able to bid will need to have 5+ lands, with 12 lands a faction is auto qualified, disallowing non competitive factions to bid for the 3 Dragon Conquest spots, which imo is good,

otherwise we risk to see competitive factions get outbid randomly by pretty much any faction leader that will try bid for it),

therefore can we have the final word on TW map reset too, there are lot of rumors going on... if such a Dragon Conquest requirement is confirmed, and if TW map gets reseted with next patch, factions wont be able to bid for Dragon Conquest for at least a month and a half.​​
  • beast21g
    @gaborcika1 Probably because it's nw expansion they want to give a chance to everyone to see these areas? I'm just saying cause you are right domino on live said there is no qualifications, but the screenshots says another. Well few more days and we will know for sure
  • kidding#1112
    beast21g wrote: »
    @gaborcika1 Probably because it's nw expansion they want to give a chance to everyone to see these areas? I'm just saying cause you are right domino on live said there is no qualifications, but the screenshots says another. Well few more days and we will know for sure

event is not designed to give a chance for everyone to attend it,
    indeed there are 3 spots for each server which is deftly quite excluding already...

it just would be pointless if factions like Vindicate or QQme will end up facing 10-players factions that for some reason won the Dragon Conquest bid

this event is the ultimate competitive challenge that this game can offer us, the TW map requirement needs to be solid in order to preserve the competitiveness of this challenge itself​​
  • keihan007#7641
    keihan007#7641 Posts: 1,190 Arc User
    edited January 2016

event is not designed to give a chance for everyone to attend it,

indeed there are 3 spots for each server which is deftly quite excluding already...

it just would be pointless if factions like Vindicate or QQme will end up facing 10-players factions that for some reason won the Dragon Conquest bid

this event is the ultimate competitive challenge that this game can offer us, the TW map requirement needs to be solid in order to preserve the competitiveness of this challenge itself​​

We have so few servers I imagine the restrictions to bid for Dragon Conquest are gone. The reason China has them is because they have like 50 servers iirc.
    BlackList vs Frenzied 3/17

https://youtu.be/RkkWkigYd3k