Coming back from a forever long pause

I reinstalled the game today, I'm thinking about coming back but I don't play since those days when we received that crystal that got a char up to lv95...
Now I have a lv101 sin with lv80 gear, I have no idea what's changed and no idea where to begin to play haha

What's the drill now? What are the dailies, what gear should I aim for and everything? I'm still doing some research to catch up with more than 2 years ('cause I don't REALLY play for further back than the illusionary crystals)

Comments

• iffy22
    iffy22 Posts: 20 Arc User
    ok, first things first. I have to tell you the Negatives.
    1st, any pvp your interested in, i can tell you definitively, your not going to have fun.
    2nd, lotta work to catch up. 2rbs 3 boundary sets, and thats before gear.
    3rd, the game is p2w. im aware that my poor G16+5 cleric with dreams of getting to +10 and Destroyer etc, will never be truly competitive with rrr9s.
    4th, dailies. dailies forever. most are boring. and atm im looking into spicing one of them up for the guild im in.

Positives.

Well, thats what ur in for. A long slow haul to be competitive.
  • evilgoku24
    evilgoku24 Posts: 1 New User
    i was also thinking of coming back , but first do you happen to know if you can move with the arrow keys? if not im not going back lol
  • watterstab
    watterstab Posts: 2 Arc User
    iffy22 said:

ok, first things first. I have to tell you the Negatives.
    1st, any pvp your interested in, i can tell you definitively, your not going to have fun.
    2nd, lotta work to catch up. 2rbs 3 boundary sets, and thats before gear.
    3rd, the game is p2w. im aware that my poor G16+5 cleric with dreams of getting to +10 and Destroyer etc, will never be truly competitive with rrr9s.
    4th, dailies. dailies forever. most are boring. and atm im looking into spicing one of them up for the guild im in.

Positives.

Well, thats what ur in for. A long slow haul to be competitive.

well, I'm not really interested in PvP I think, I've always been more a PvE person
    And you talk about competitiveness, but for what exactly? TW? What are the reasons to pump up +10 and a Destroyer? (oh, and btw I have no idea what's 2rbs 3 boundary sets or Destroyer)
    (ok, I think I just realized rb is reborn/reawakening? and "rrr" is triple reawakening? haha)
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    evilgoku24 wrote: »
    i was also thinking of coming back , but first do you happen to know if you can move with the arrow keys? if not im not going back lol

You can move with arrow keys, you just have to change the hot keys from the original W,A,S,D to the Arrows.
    Along with the hot keys for camera rotations.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    games worth it, as long as u dont expect to be the best (kinda same thng that applies to every f2p out there -- thers always gonna be this guy, thats just taking it to a new lvl)

ppl bitching bout broken pvp - speak bout the huge geargaps we got by now (just imagine a person playing the game as a trader for 5++ years...)

the thing is : pvp is fine (just find ppl close to your gears)
    pve is fine aswell (everything can be done in g15/16)
    community is still in good shape (just turn off world chat, and the few kids we got)
    support is where the game really lacks nowadays, in comparism to 3-4 years ago (no real biggie)
    ingame economy is really good , or really bad , kinda depends on your point of view :)

tldr: if you like the looks and need something to relax in your free time - give it a try ...
    if your looking for a competitive and balanced pvp experience - move on

edit says : if your looking for a mmo played with arrow keys , move on aswell ... mmos are designed the way, that u need a shitton of keys for skills and interactions ... maybe its just my imagonation ... but from my point of view it seems VERY imprectical to make alot of changes to the standard keyboard layout.
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    mulier said:

games worth it, as long as u dont expect to be the best (kinda same thng that applies to every f2p out there -- thers always gonna be this guy, thats just taking it to a new lvl)

ppl bitching bout broken pvp - speak bout the huge geargaps we got by now (just imagine a person playing the game as a trader for 5++ years...)

the thing is : pvp is fine (just find ppl close to your gears)
    pve is fine aswell (everything can be done in g15/16)
    community is still in good shape (just turn off world chat, and the few kids we got)
    support is where the game really lacks nowadays, in comparism to 3-4 years ago (no real biggie)
    ingame economy is really good , or really bad , kinda depends on your point of view :)

tldr: if you like the looks and need something to relax in your free time - give it a try ...
    if your looking for a competitive and balanced pvp experience - move on

edit says : if your looking for a mmo played with arrow keys , move on aswell ... mmos are designed the way, that u need a shitton of keys for skills and interactions ... maybe its just my imagonation ... but from my point of view it seems VERY imprectical to make alot of changes to the standard keyboard layout.

Sorta a side note but making lots of changes to the layout isn't that bad. Personally I remapped wsad to ikjl on my db to get away from the awful forced hotkeys on gale skills. Taking time to get used to but it's not too bad (moved everything else to make it work). Using the arrow keys is a horrible idea but that's a different problem.
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    Is it wrong i mapped this game to my X-box controller? Got a simulated mouse and everything lol for dailies and stuff that I could do in my sleep/have done in my sleep.
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Is it wrong i mapped this game to my X-box controller? Got a simulated mouse and everything lol for dailies and stuff that I could do in my sleep/have done in my sleep.

It's wrong that you're posting this in this thread because the relevance is absolutely 0.
    Besides that, playing MMO's with anything but keyboard and mouse is horrid.
    Ew.
    tiger-37.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    You should stay away and never look back, there is a LOT of chores to do in this game, and I bet there are more coming from new update. At your current state, PvP is out of the game, while PvE was never fun to begin with.

There isn't much content in Perfect World actually, remove the restrictions of doing things by daily and most ppl can max it in probably under a month. Like for example, unlimited PV without openers, we'll probably reach 105 105 105 in a few days, unlimited FSP will give us r2 A sets much faster, unlimited daily quests for vitae, unlimited Judgement mode FSP for Starchart, unlimited everything and I bet this game will have nothing left to offer. Even after you do unlimited everything with your time, you'll never be able to catchup for pvp unless you spend lots of money too.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    question would be : what does catchup for pvp actually mean? --> if it means a completely maxed out char, thats prolly true ...
    in every other definition of cathcing up, it aint true.
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    As long as you can hold your ground against lots of endgame people on 1 vs 1 with whatever class you like, win some and lose some. It'd be hard to completely maxed out char or to be 100% same for everything like spirit, penetration etc, we'll need luck too for starchart and getting avatar sets.
  • standoffishman
    standoffishman Posts: 136 Arc User
    freygin said:

You should stay away and never look back, there is a LOT of chores to do in this game, and I bet there are more coming from new update. At your current state, PvP is out of the game, while PvE was never fun to begin with.

There isn't much content in Perfect World actually, remove the restrictions of doing things by daily and most ppl can max it in probably under a month. Like for example, unlimited PV without openers, we'll probably reach 105 105 105 in a few days, unlimited FSP will give us r2 A sets much faster, unlimited daily quests for vitae, unlimited Judgement mode FSP for Starchart, unlimited everything and I bet this game will have nothing left to offer. Even after you do unlimited everything with your time, you'll never be able to catchup for pvp unless you spend lots of money too.

Actually as much as anything else I suspect they make a lot of stuff daily to make it feel LESS like a chore. Mostly because large sections are dull as hell and doing them in large blocks would make people crazy. Even putting in super optimistic numbers that assume 24/7 hypers you're spending a bare minimum of 60 hours in pv to get 105x3. FSP? You're looking at about 500 hours of farming that one dungeon for a double RB candleflame set. That's even assuming you somehow do four runs an hour which is ludicrous. Star charts? Are you joking? We're talking years of actual play time if you're trying to max one just using fsj.

Look I do think this game is a bit daily heavy right now and spirit is just awful as a mechanic. However even if you could do all of these tasks as much as you like many of them would still take ages. Hell if they didn't we'd have less problems as dailies would be much faster. You could argue we simply lack enough dungeons, areas or quests but I don't actually think we're doing badly in that regard compared to most mmos.
  • magiceffect
    magiceffect Posts: 162 Arc User
    Take it easy ... you can always pvp with mains/alts in your gear level. Heck, if you pvp well there are people out there who would take off some of their gear to come close to your gear level. Just for the fun of it.

You mentioned not being really interested in pvp to start with. If that is the case, the game is actually fun and easy to play in pve mode. You do NOT need extraordinary gears for what PVE has to offer. Morai gears are quite good, g16 is farmable quite fast. Just get to lvl 90 something, go to nw, play it well and you will have what you need in close to no time.
    Dawnglory - SpellStormer (105 x 3): http://mypers.pw/10/#435948
  • cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    There is a lot of stuff, i would say work on getting tt90 gear minimum and if you have reborn / re awakened your toon it is something i would reccomend, I am not a pvp person at all, i do a lot of dailies on any toons so i would say if you can get into Nation Wars great, get some coin or help make your gears will help a lot, fair warning Nation Wars is now servers against servers and the requisites have changed as well. If you can grand anything for coin great, im not sure what gear set you want your sin to have or what other toon(s) / alt(s) but its not hard to get gear as it used to be. Also sense your 100 play around with your War Avatars / Cards see what helps you. I have 90% of all my toons ra2 and most have S3 / G16 armor, some are in TT90 gear and higher weapons and its fine for just having fun in PVE really. :smile:
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551