remove the gold AH cap?

wesker
wesker Posts: 84 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
now ppl who don't charge the gold are forced to buy the gold from other players by trading the boutique goodies since all servers have 2-3k gold in queue for 3,999.900 coins in AH. The positive of this situation is the fact that it keeps the "outside AH gold price" at 4.5-5m. The negative - ppl who don't charge the gold can't participate in the ultimate spend promo event :(

remove the gold AH cap? 102 votes

YES!
49% 50 votes
HELL NO!
41% 42 votes
IDC! I'm too poor to buy gold anyway!
9% 10 votes

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    This has been brought up in the Suggestion Box numerous times. Pretty sure they have zero plans to change it. Ever.

Maybe work on finding ways to bring down the inflation caused by a combination of greed, a lack of coin sinks, and botting.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    Dude, and what you think would happen if they remove the AH gold cap? Prices will skyrocket and you won't be able to buy gold anyway because of it. Just go in queue and you'll get it eventually. It took me 4-5 days to get the gold I bid for. Not a huge long wait considering there were around 3k people waiting.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    This has been brought up in the Suggestion Box numerous times. Pretty sure they have zero plans to change it. Ever.

Maybe work on finding ways to bring down the inflation caused by a combination of greed, a lack of coin sinks, and botting.

Yes and a lot of other reasons for not doing this can be found by using the search Function.

Thanks.​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    I love the IDC I'm too poor to buy gold anyways option though lol
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • abbeycardile
    abbeycardile Posts: 10 Arc User
    You can still participate in the spend promos. Just need to always have a gold bid in, and save it.
    disone.jpg
  • darky26
    darky26 Posts: 163 Arc User
    I voted no.
    Even with the gold cap, people can sell it higher on world chat. There is that option if one esteems AH gold to be "too cheap" for their liking. People can decide if they want to sell it higher or not.

I'm pretty confident that if the cap is removed, the gold on AH will be more expensive, and surprise surprise the gold on world chat will be even more expensive (than the gold on AH). I understand that gold cap can be a bit troublesome, but I think that it helps a bit to keep the gold prices on world chat not far ahead. I could be wrong. But I believe that if gold cap on AH becomes let's say 10 mil, the next minute I'll see people world chatting, selling gold for 11 mil per piece. Just a thought.

I've noticed the gold prices getting very high, after the recent pack releases. So I consider the packs and how people buy/use packs, more of a problem, than the gold cap. That's my opinion.
  • tictic99999
    tictic99999 Posts: 204 Arc User
    I believe i posted this a month of so ago, but i offered a simple resolution to this. You can find the post for a full explanation. But essentially it would be most beneifical to just allow the already working trade system of items and coin to include gold as well. This way gold can be traded at any price and conviently. Also if the 2% fee is an issue, then that can be added into the trade window. The only issue with that would be the potential idea that players indirectly are able to trade money/currency rather than through a 3rd party (pwe). But I don't think that should be an issue.
    thfunny-21-1.gif
    (•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)
    Dawnglory's legendary Stormbringer ShockWave LV 105-105-103
    7 year old Harshlands character, semi-retired Wizard Boomz
    Will he reach 1800 spirit?
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Just a thought, because pwe is not controlling the inflation. Raising the gold cap is a temporary fix of maybe a year or so. People will assume that 6m = new normal, when packs are on sale, it will hit 8m cap easily. People will believe 8m = new normal. Raising the gold ah is not a permanent fix.

I will try to buy gold and see how that goes, my problem is how often do people not get their bid met. I bid 200m worth, that is roughly 49 gold, and 4m fees. 5 days later that is not filled. I lose 4m, i do it again, it fails. Essentially i have lost 2 gold and still attained nothing. I get my gold on the third try, i have lost 12m in fees by now, and rather than getting 49 gold, i have 46 gold. I want to buy more than 200m worth of gold on a single toon, the loses will add up. Just by trying to wait for my turn to buy 1b~3b worth of gold, i would have probably lost 100m~200m of gold in ah fees. That is what i worry about by putting my bid in. Previously i could buy 1~3 billion coin worth in gold without having to worry about my bid not being filled.​​
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    Raising the gold cap in AH would be the worst idea for the players and even PWI.
    Lets say they raise the cap to 8m , the price would immediately jump to the 8m cap and stay there.
    Now if someone needs for example 200m , today he has to charge 50 USD (50gold), if the raise the cap to 8m he only has to charge 25 USD (25gold).
    The result would be that PWI looses money because people have to charge less for what they need and even less gold would be available in the AH.
    The ONLY solution is to create a coin sink and get rid of all the coins in game.
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    As someone said earlier you can still buy gold in AH just you need to be patient. Raising the price will not improve the situation for anyone.
  • sarrafeline
    sarrafeline Posts: 152 Arc User
    So, I've been selling gold via boutique items. 4.5-5.8m a gold. People buy stuff just fine... The problem is the people saying "It's overinflation due to greedy people", which is, if you think about it, greedy in it's own right.

You're complaining about gold prices. Yet, stuff like charms and mounts, Gem shards, Lunar Insignia, etc., has all come DOWN in price. Yeah, mostly due to sales, but seriously...

I don't have the time to farm coin anymore. I work full time. I have money. I want to spend it and get good stuff. I put in gold and sell it often, however, when gold prices drop, I stop selling gold to players and spend it more on stuff, like inventory extension stones, for my alts. The current cap in AH is actually good, I think, because there's no listing fee/auction fee. It means more of my gold turns into more coins, which means I can buy more Gems to shard out my armor, or a new lunar weapon insignia to make a G16 Lunar weapon with. So... Really I'm mostly indifferent on this. As long as gold goes far, I'll provide it. Once gold dips back under 4m/gold, I won't be selling any anymore.

And PS... I can run a catshop, but nothing merches anymore. Can't do tokens, nobody's selling. Can't do coins, same thing. Not gonna do packs. That was my last means of getting coin other than charging gold, and it's useless, so...
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    Once gold dips back under 4m/gold, I won't be selling any anymore.

And PS... I can run a catshop, but nothing merches anymore. Can't do tokens, nobody's selling. Can't do coins, same thing. Not gonna do packs. That was my last means of getting coin other than charging gold, and it's useless, so...

Would that be called catch 22 4BTu862.png? There is no merching because gold is above 4m and not sold in ah. People will not sell gold if below 4m. Or is that stalemate? UtI9lLg.png​​
  • suks
    suks Posts: 1 Arc User
    only way to solve this high priced gold problem is bind the chance packs. these pack sales trigger high gold prices if the packs chara bind then the perm cats couldnt resell causeing the spike in gold prices

• mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    suks said:

only way to solve this high priced gold problem is bind the chance packs. these pack sales trigger high gold prices if the packs chara bind then the perm cats couldnt resell causeing the spike in gold prices

no, theyd jsut open the packs and resell contents, or would focus on other items
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Ok all the inflation efforts aren't doing all that well sure it could be worse but let's get real. There won't be a solution that puts gold down to like 100k or even under the 4 mil cap. By not removing the cap PW just makes it harder for people to buy gold. I'm sure most gold buyers would rather not waste time in wc looking for a seller nor waiting to see a seller trying to sell in wc.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    implement good goldsinks , or its just gonna go on and on and on .... the problem aint the goldcap in auction ... but all the coins (just as example best luck) stay in the game pretty muczh forever.... back when gold was 200k .. repair fee was kind of a good goldsink... but with goldprice of 4m .. thats not a given thing anymore.

apart from that : its not the ppl selling, that set the goldprice to 4-5m ... its actually the ppl buying...........

last input . merching got nothing to do with goldprice AT ALL ...... it has always been : buy low sell high .... and if that meant for you ppl, buy cheap gold, and sell (abusing the discount on larger quantities) ... well .... that option is gone now .... but if it was your main source of income ..... cant really say u been merching :)

edit says: shift the goiod things, from spend to charge rewards .. stop with the packs crazyness for a few months .. and prices will normalize ( this at the same time means , that the price of ingame goodies , like lunarsigns, cubestamps, josd dod, and so on, is gonna skyrocket again) --> dunno if that is a solution ... but its kinda what can be done ... have low goldprice or have low priced premiumitems ingame ... cant have both :(
  • iamluckingfoco
    iamluckingfoco Posts: 158 Arc User
    You can remove the cap or not. It won't affect players that put money into the game, except make their gold more valuable. I've always taken advantage of the 15% zen bonus and charge rewards, but once I buy the gold, if nothing worthwhile is on sale, I hold onto it sometimes to the point of having a few hundred gold. When they put packs on sale that have decent items like the Orchid packs, I will buy them in bulk and sell them for what equates to 5m per gold. Its an easy way to make a billion or two in coins in less than a day when people will buy 500 to 1000+ packs at once.

As I see it, I spent the money to get zen and its mine to do with as I please. If people are willing to buy packs at 5m per gold, its my right to sell it to them. PWI already made their money from me, I just like a good return on my investment, and since my pack luck is horrible, I buy what I need with coins I made from selling packs to other players that don't buy zen, but have a lot of coins from other means.

I do however find it funny watching WC and people trying to sell gold for 5m+ each when there really isn't anything of value on sale in the boutique.
    2agrqm9.jpg
    Be Strong! Be Fierce! Be Vicious!
    Vicious Marshal - Tideswell

• dethknight69
    dethknight69 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    No.............just no!
  • dbvanessa
    dbvanessa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    here is a crazy idea:
    HOW ABOUT FIXING THE INFLATED ECONOMY INSTEAD! fox-6.gif​​