The Challenge of Champions Redux

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    klys wrote: »
    Also, the best fix would have been to replace the activation spot with a NPC you have to click on to activate, right? Trying to disable pets/summons would give a noticeable disadvantage to some classes.

You can't just do that without a fix from PWCN and it takes months for new stuff to get from there to here. That said I'm sure this pet exploit has already been fixed in PWCN a while ago and so I thought we were getting a real patch. I guess there was a miscommunication somewhere.
    ​​
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Nonesense. I don't wanna be excluded from this event only cause I am using a class that "could" exploit some BS when I am faster than anyone else even without exploiting anything. THAT would be the definition of unfairness in a huge scale.

Sure, Domino can exclude me from the event when I land my 2:15 this week when I cant even record due to vacation and playing on a Notebook and all. BUT. When I get back home and post a legit run (video) that shows my time being 2:15 (or even lower, cause seriously, thats not my maximum) then I want full Nuema Portal as a fair compensation for this utter misstrust. Since I am a damn glitch-abuser anyway..there is nothing to lose for PWE here, right? :)

PS: Someone give me a full deity, Sage Storm with a +12'ed Morai recast weapon and I roll that tower in 2:00 flat. Sad to see that most people arn't even smart enough to put up a decent competition to begin with and rather start accusing people of glitching :D Thinking of ways how to clear each room with each class the fastest possible way cant be easier than it is. L2P people.

I can just tell every legit player with a decent time to record a full run and demand compensation for the extra effort we need to put cause PWE cant get their stuff right.
  • phreyyy
    phreyyy Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    did PWI mess up with the Tower Cross-Server Ranking, can only see the records from my server Tideswell there.
    Please advise, ty
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Since maintenance, I believe it will take a day or two to fully update.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    jsxshadow said:

Nonesense. I don't wanna be excluded from this event only cause I am using a class that "could" exploit some BS when I am faster than anyone else even without exploiting anything. THAT would be the definition of unfairness in a huge scale.

Sure, Domino can exclude me from the event when I land my 2:15 this week when I cant even record due to vacation and playing on a Notebook and all. BUT. When I get back home and post a legit run (video) that shows my time being 2:15 (or even lower, cause seriously, thats not my maximum) then I want full Nuema Portal as a fair compensation for this utter misstrust. Since I am a damn glitch-abuser anyway..there is nothing to lose for PWE here, right? :)

PS: Someone give me a full deity, Sage Storm with a +12'ed Morai recast weapon and I roll that tower in 2:00 flat. Sad to see that most people arn't even smart enough to put up a decent competition to begin with and rather start accusing people of glitching :D Thinking of ways how to clear each room with each class the fastest possible way cant be easier than it is. L2P people.

I can just tell every legit player with a decent time to record a full run and demand compensation for the extra effort we need to put cause PWE cant get their stuff right.

I agree with jsx on this, It's not fair for pet user classes too who don't exploit glitches for personal glory. I had refrained myself from doing full complete tower runs since the exploit was detected weeks ago. Knowing that I have a high chance to score around 2:15 without cheating based on my recorded stage records, I can't prove it yet cause of all the envious prejudice accusers who would just call you a cheater for using a pet to crit debuff targets as a seeker.
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    @jsxshadow : Honestly mate, I think you should just keep cool for now and enjoy your vacations (think about those who don't have vacations maybe :/). You seem totally stressed even if there has been no recent official comment regarding this topic ^^
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    jsxshadow said:

not everone has friends that lend them a full channeling gear set to reach 96% and then spend 4 hours farming buffs and another 8 hours resetting rooms that are 3 seconds above the possible minimum time. you turn your egocontest into a no-life contest and the only participant are youself.
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    Maybe they should just cancel or postpone this event. pig-27.gif
    It is a pretty cool competition for those like like the tower, and I can imagine some find it exciting to compete with other players for best time and get a nice prize for it. However, if we don't receive a fix for the glitch anytime soon (and preferably one that doesn't involve making pets unavailable) the competition will be unfair and a mess.

​​
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    jsxshadow wrote: »

I think you are overreacting, nobody is accusing you and you have already started defending monkey-47.gif

Even tho I'm not a Tower hater, after few weeks of doing it, I realised how monotonous it is, despite the fact it seemes less boring in the beginning. After farming buffs in 63 room (just for comfort) I couldn't see the tower from inside for several days and didn't make myself do full run next week fox-2.gif Those who farm full buffs in 1st room... idk... lol But if I did that and got some Archdemon Isrifar or Harpy Wraith for such efforts, I'd whine, climb the wall and throw myself down from there tiger-2.gif Whether event is going to continue or not, good luck to those who are planning serious competing x)
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • jsxshadow
    jsxshadow Posts: 1,414 Arc User
    You guys are right...its the holidays. IDC about the wings anymore and will maybe not even finish the tower this week. Family comes first. I for one will do a decent run after the holidays...its just not worth it atm.
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    By the way, the "check" is 18:00 but cross-server list only update at 06:30 every day.
    Doess that mean you have to finish your time before 06:30 on the days of "check"?tiger-16.gif​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I just check back for comedy relief.​​
  • ufop
    ufop Posts: 23 Arc User
    GG asterelle time 2:08 LOL ...Since base spawn times makes it that you should really only be able to do each tier in 21m and theres 6 tier 2hr6mins this mean you was one shooting the mobs on tier 6 which cant be done due to there increased health pool + the boss has an increased time to complete compared to the other ones so an extra 3mins so even IF you could 1 shoot them you would require 6 extra mins for tier 6 making the time for all 6 2hr12.

• aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    okay so besides Asterelle > China (gg)....one important thing: the tower times need to be reset!
    when PWI wiped them last week, they forgot to remove the data of the previous week, which basically means that we still have glitched times in there.
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Yeah.... that run took me 20 hours to do over the week and I felt like an idiot doing it while the pet glitch is still out there. It involves 80 slaying levels + full buffs from room 1 + dozens of restarts per room for optimal RNG + every damage buff pot and charm in the game + precasting triple spark and galvanic etc etc. I don't think other classes will be able to beat it legitly because of how strong crit + range + aps are with full buff which gives archer a unique advantage.

EDIT: Ehh learned more about some of the OP stuff other classes can do in tower and retract the 'unique advantage' claim. Archer is not bad but prob not the best tiger-12.gif
    ​​
    Post edited by asterelle on
  • testxvi
    testxvi Posts: 309 Arc User
    Nice time, that is going rather hardcore. I didnt expect anybody to do that before the glitch is fixed.
    Personally I'm not gonna try for any good times as long the fix is out there. 20 hours for a time you dont know if will be removed soon again QQ painful​​
  • bangbang
    bangbang Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Since the exploit has not been patched I have a suggestion. Remove the overall class ranking prizes and keep the per class. Now for all the #1 spots in each class give them each a raffle ticket to enter to win 1 of 2 matchless capes. This way if people exploit they only hurt their own class ranking because only specific classes can exploit. As for the overall ranking prizes they can be distributed to the 2nd place winners for being a runner-up.

Also, for the raffle it would be holding the #1 spot for each time a check is made. For example if they had #1 spot for 2 weeks they get 2 entries.
  • jwbooth
    jwbooth Posts: 55 Arc User
    Can someone of importance please comment on this? I keep looking back for an acknowledgement of the patch failure and some kind of plan of action, but there has been nothing. I obviously don't post a lot, but this is a fun challenge and I think all of us that are interested are a bit frustrated in it being ignored.
  • thenamesdomino
    thenamesdomino Posts: 545 Perfect World Employee
    I've commented in several other places. The patch did not fix the issue, however I am still awaiting word on what the plan is from the boss. Until then I'm compiling all the data.
  • valdisman
    valdisman Posts: 568 Arc User
    I finally did it just under 4 hours :)
    #kylehawkinsuck
    Moonshine drinker
    In a world of 10s, be an 11.
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    Obviously one more veno did glitch timer. That Rangiko is stupid enough to do it same day after reset, after asterelle said he did his time for 20hours over the week...
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    It is so stupid to glitch tower in a first place but glitching the tower in a such flagrant and obvious way is reaching the top of stupidity...
    She has to be expelled from the challenge.
    Now, the times have to be reseted again or making the tower challenge only class related.
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • neodaystar
    neodaystar Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I think you guys should know the truth about the pet exploit. It is not just limited to classes that has a pet, any class with or without a pet can do the timer exploit. So making it a class base contest won't solve anything. They gms dealing with the issue probably knows this too, and is keeping quiet about it.
    Post edited by neodaystar on
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    Some comments are so selfish xD
    Like "if it's a pet issue and since I'm not a pet class, then make the contest class related and it will be ok". Nice :)
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    ah... just... send everyone who finished 1 S chest and deal with it...
  • etreila
    etreila Posts: 1 Arc User
    The whole instance is buggy, the timer ended prematurely on the last 100 mob room with about 4-5 mobs still alive and hitting me.

P.S. I'm a cleric.
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User

They gms dealing with the issue probably knows this too, and is keeping quiet about it.

Odds are pretty good that they don't. They don't notice anything unless someone points it out to them.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited January 2016

I think you guys should know the truth about the pet exploit. It is not just limited to classes that has a pet, any class with or without a pet can do the timer exploit. So making it a class base contest won't solve anything. They gms dealing with the issue probably knows this too, and is keeping quiet about it.

^^ Pretty much this. The only thing i can say is that pet classes have a better or more easy way to control the glitch but this does not mean that other classes cant do it. The glitch can be produced even with a character.

I am sure that some people made great times with effort + gear + ability, but also some people probably glitched the thing to dead since almost the beginning of the update.

Lets not forget that since the first week that tower came online there was some really good times and those times were not made by pet classes, in fact venos as example had times like 3.5 or more hours which it is not such an impressive time.

More than one of the player here that have some of the fastest times had admitted that they farmed a lot of points for buff or had really good gear which it is not against the rules.

What I wonder is if those players had to make a so big effort to get those times, Why other people in about a third of their time farming or doing whatever they did inside tower got very similar times to them in the firsts days of the new instance without even fully knowing how it worked?

Not sure about you guys but for me that is fishy.

Also just to clarify why I am confirming what this person say is true is because more than once while doing heavenfall on a non pet character, the room got glitched by accident.

Honestly I don't have a full idea why or how it happen but the classes I was using have no pets. In fact In one of the particular cases, The room did not glitch in a way that you can exploit it since the bosses turned invincible and 2 of them agroed at me at same time killing me almost instantly. And only when I was about to get killed, I noticed that the time was frozen.

On other challenge, the one that you need to kill 100 mobs, it also got glitched and this time I could even had abused the thing if I wanted to, but I did reset the room since I will not risk myself to get banned for some nonsense.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    After experiencing a few more MMOs who have different takes on how to handle the abuse of faulty game mechanics it's become increasingly clear that PWI makes an incredibly difficult game to enjoy just by the way they handle issues in game. This whole "we sometimes ban people FOREVER but not others (aka if we somehow find you out even though we're hardly looking)" attitude creates an completely ridiculous dynamic of people being **** sure that they have a 1 in 100000 chance of being banned and others being taken advantage of while trying to follow the rules. There are far more exploits than this in game that have been occurring for years. Think of the worst exploit... Perhaps a 24 hour a day instance grinding bot to generate billions of coin, or a bot that does your dailies for you? It happens, right here in PWI.

I've witnessed other games that will not threaten players with the ban hammer for glitches in game and instead proactively FIX glitches or gaps in their security to prevent abuse and unfair gameplay. Yes, you read that right. An even and fair playground for every customer, no matter the patch number. Sadly, it's been incredibly refreshing to leave this little world and experience MMO's outside of it. It makes me laugh when I come back here the same way it would make a survivor laugh while watching a ship sink... but I'm also incredibly disappointed to see players and friends constantly playing in fear of losing thousands of dollars worth of pixelated investments, while others freely take advantage of exploits knowing that they will likely never see justice.

I've come to see in the past few months that PWI could solve their lack of technical support, and it would by and far eliminate almost every other issue in game... (providing they communicate their intents clearly in marketing campaigns) but unfortunately PWI has demonstrated that they are incapable... Whether because of their frail link and dependency on China, or lack of manpower... Even poor Domino, bravely trying to keep up morale in this dying community is seeing his fervor wane. There's only so many times people can **** something up before people will throw their hands up at it and sink the last nail in its coffin.
    ​​
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    @eirghan how long have you been playing pwi? cause everything you wrote is something everyone knows, everyone who has been playing for a while. Well know you know it too.

Doubt there is a bot for doing dailies though unless you are talking about people doing multiple toons at once and thats something a lot of people do, even people from the faction you used to be in before you left.
This discussion has been closed.