TW weekend 12/18-12/20

ward1987
ward1987 Posts: 25 Arc User
How excited is Tideswell for the first collaboration weekend of this server vs Tempest!? We have seen plenty of RT guilds ganking Dyna and a few DW guilds focus QQme and I might be out of tune as I haven't been playing much but I think it's the first time we will see RTs current best, QQme and DW all time contender Dynasty come together to attack the servers current powerhouse.

I'm really looking forward to see everyone back in the field, TW has been pretty slow paced as of lately ever since Vicious faded away.

Any thoughts or predictions for this weekend? Personally I can see Tempest losing 1 land and winning the normal land vs QQme so finishing the weekend with a neutral outcome. Dynasty and QQme back to back will be a challenge as both factions can gather decent numbers and have pretty well geared players. I like Dynasty chances better as I do believe the TW coordination abilities of DW leaders to be more organized than our RT counterparts...

Though the slotting favors us slightly. I wish I had seen Vicious join in too. Maybe some other of the splinter factions from RT, I'm surprised I didn't see Evolve in the mix. They've been attacking every week religiously. I'm sure if those two factions join in again next weeks this will be a much harder task.

One thing is certain the first 12 minutes will be thrilling and from there everything can happen! Mostly I hope that this isn't a one and done attempt like it used to be in Dreamweaver, I'm really hoping for multiple weeks of ganks that can help us challenge both Tempest and the server into a higher level of coordination. We clearly could use it during NW hehe. I truly wish they would have started earlier too. This ganks would be hell of a different story when Vicious was at its prime.

What do you guys think this Saturday will end like. Will it start a new trend in Tideswell or will it fade away if proven unsuccessful as it has happened for the last 3 seasons on Tempest dominance in Dreamweaver?
-Andres
Tempest

Comments

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Grats to QQme on retaking 1k, sorry we had to no show/wine you guys. GF Dynasty, Valhalla, Kindrid, Crush. I spawnkilled in the battles as in ganks you should expect no mercy mwahah.

Also the prize for the sorest loser goes to Dragslave, wts fries for your salt, please provide an SS of any wc I did that complained about the gank.

Like I said on wc last week after Dynasty got ganked, like I said when the bids this week were announced, and like I said after this TW, Tempest welcomes ganks, we will fight what we can realistically achieve with the numbers we pull. This week that included four factions totalling just under 200 players vs us.

Grats Tempest as always you did me proud. <3
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • oorochi
    oorochi Posts: 5 Arc User
    darkonome said:

Also the prize for the sorest loser goes to Dragslave, wts fries for your salt, please provide an SS of any wc I did that complained about the gank.

Why is my name on these posts, thats so 2012, i saw WCs of people saying ganks are cheats and all, i would like names of who says i said that, unless you tell me in details who told you what exactly, this is a lie, because i never WC'd anything about ganks or TW... oh wait!! i did WC QQme is OP after they won in 5min.

Grats on victory, you guys did ok, got lucky Valhalla didnt last 1 more min or we would have won as well, shame QQme got a no show, they were expecting a good fight, but thats why i think ganks are boring, someone always gets left without a fight.

Also, im barelly playing, so no time for stupid dramas, you have twice as many people to try and pick fights with now Dark, so go find some...
    Dragslave - Tato
  • ward1987
    From numbers gap, to gear gap, to card gap, to inactive gap and now luck gap. Drag will always have an excuse to justify losing other than the fact that he should have not taken an hour an a half to take down 21m of Tempest crystal with 8 catapults and more people on the field.

There is no luck involved in surviving against Valhalla and Dynasty. We lost QQme because we recognize we simply could have not hold them + Valhalla. We calculated out of you and them you'd be the one with the least aggressive approach which would give us enough time to wrap Valhalla up and we calculated right. I'd say that's more than doing okay. I thought you did okay when you lost 2 out of 3. I agree it was closer than what I had hoped but this is our first war. You know what happens on the one after.

I agree though, I think it's unfair to bring you in. But if you were mad I wouldn't blame you. This is the recap of the final portion of our war after we fend off all the gankers:

When Valhalla war was over we pushed Dynasty out of our base with our crystal at 3.5m We let our crystal heal. We pushed them out of their lanes. With 4 catapults vs Dyna 8 it took us 15 minutes to do what they did in almost 1h15 and we took down every single tower there. Every single tower in their gates and every single guardian in their walls. We left one tower inside their base as a reminder that what we do to them, we will do to your lands. We brought down that crystal down to 3m and pulled out all our DD and let you kill our catas out. To remind you that this is how close you got to beat us and yet you couldn't... Just to PK a little longer. We waited until our crystal was at 10m and then made a mercy push for those final 3m.

I really hope we don't stop PKing next time. I wanted to farm Dynasty for the rest of the war until it timed out but lucky for you I don't call TW and Dark, Sun and DP have a heart and affection for Dynasty I will never comprehend.

For those that don't realize. Tempest chose not to attack Dynasty let them grow, rebuild out of RT merge while taking on both QQme and Vicious. We steered clear and supported this faction through their defenses both verbally and even with bodies. Because our war was to prove tideswell that Dreamweaver always had that upper hand whether by us or by Dyna. Even after some members would vocally hope that we got schooled by RT, we always saw this as a "Dreamweaver first" mentality out of respect to our all time opponent. Now that we see Dynasty war is still to bring down Tempest and they don't share our mentality, we will resume our original goals.

I. Can't. Wait.

Good fight. See you guys after Christmas.
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • oorochi
    oorochi Posts: 5 Arc User
    Read your own post Andres, even you get lost in it, i never put an excuse, i said a fact, if Valhalla lasted 1 more min, meaning no reinforcements for that time Tempest crystal that was at 3.5mill would have been at 0, is not an excuse, just maths.

Even you typed that your crystal was at 3.5mill, not me.
    Dragslave - Tato
  • ward1987
    edited December 2015
    actually the math was pretty generous in your favor.

the crystal has 24m HP, I said you took 21m out of it. I was actually being generous. If you want me to be specific, in 1 hour and 15 minutes Dynasty managed with 8 catapults to drop down 20.5m out of a crystal.

You should know by now that with 8 catapults it takes 90 seconds in front of a crystal to beat it. If you don't. I'll love to explain the math to you.

This means Dynasty strategy and planning was so weak, so poor. That even against ~50 Tempest and a cata puller. Even while tempest had to fend of another 4 factions, a total of 30 catapults spread against us in all wars (4, 4, 6, 8, 8) we lose 1 war and have no problem in coming into a war, where our crystal was at 3.5m and instead of turtling, instead of sneaking catapults. We played around with you for 20 minutes, wiped all of your towers but one and then mercy killed you.

How Dynasty could not find 90 seconds with our crystal during 4500 seconds (that's 1 hour 15 minutes) is beyond me.

Edit: I understand the logic of "if you would have not won". and it makes little sense. Valhalla battle took longer than expected because we were sloppy in our attacks and that was my fault for not listening to the leader room during TW prep and not putting a bind on the right room, I was giving cata movements to the wrong channel for the first 40 minutes of that war.

Moreso, Valhalla in all their power was still barely breaking through, remember we won all wars we did by killing a crystal. we didn't time out a single one. If we were to play defense vs Valhalla and defense vs Dynasty, we would have 3 hour both factions. Vahlalla managed to bring down 2 of our B lane towers, and never got a whiff of our base towers, gate towers or crystal... But we're not our rivals. We like to win by strategy, not by default.

By the time you dropped the crystal to 3.5m we were already considering moving squads over to dyna war and do 3 hour defenses to both factions. I asked Dark to keep us in Valhalla for the final push as I had faith in it, and it worked flawlessly, much to our cata barbs credit... 3.5m was as low as you were gonna get that crystal.
    Post edited by ward1987 on
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    oorochi said:

Grats on victory, you guys did ok, got lucky Valhalla didnt last 1 more min or we would have won as well, shame QQme got a no show, they were expecting a good fight, but thats why i think ganks are boring, someone always gets left without a fight.

When Dynasty got ganked by three factions last week (Vici/QQme/Valhalla) and no showed QQme and still lost to Valhalla, there were people all over wc mocking Dynasty for getting rekt, I wc'ed saying hey guys if you want to gank someone gank Tempest, instead of picking on Dynasty, as I saw it was an RT faction lead gank, I didn't expect our noble WackyTaffy to seize his one opportunity to take Arch. Guess I was foolish in expecting better of him. I'm not mad, we defended it, as close as it was, we pulled through and had a lot of fun in doing so. Wonder what colourful excuse he can conjure this time, not that one is needed it's TW after all.

If by your standards we did ok defending 4 lands with about 200 people vs us, then surely you must think Dynasty did shockingly bad when it couldn't even defend 2 lands at the same time vs like 90 total?

Also if you think ganks are boring why didn't you guys attack QQme this week or even Valhalla? Or did you realistically expect us to try and defend QQme Dynasty and Valhalla at the same time.

I don't like to pick fights, as much as that may surprise you, I just won't stay silent when people talk trash and expect to get away with it.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • de4thproof
    de4thproof Posts: 9 Arc User
    My Video of the Dynasty fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8XZF5YXOvc
    DeathProof
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • ward1987
    edited December 2015
    Erusenpai a better troll than me :( (please delete)
    Post edited by ward1987 on
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User

• ward1987
    Freaking eru beating me to the punchline. You just got lucky :( I guess you did okay.
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • cheesespread#3490
    cheesespread#3490 Posts: 22 Arc User
    Just acknowledge my OP forum skills, Andres B)
  • ward1987
    I refuse to do so, please allow me to explain in 30 different ways how I could have posted the picture before you even though I did not. You clearly just got lucky.
    -Andres
    Tempest
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    no complaints here i had fun regardless . Sure gonna miss the old NW battles i had with the lot of ya :P Hope i didnt do too bad for TW noob :o