Nation Wars: The Information

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    limonazza wrote: »
    800 vs 100 vs 100 vs 100 ? XD
    Technically you could round that last one up to 200, but yeah. Basically 857 vs 380​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • flashbaang
    flashbaang Posts: 2 Arc User

I have a fantastic idea...SCRAP CROSS SERVER NW and put it all back to normal. The entire idea is **** up things people already love to do like TW...and already has proven to come with problems and risks. @thenamesdomino People dc when entering randomly, people are forced into PK mode after for 10 hours, the number or tokens is wrong, and I read from another GM that all it could take is one hiccup to lose entire accounts. Given all these problems and coupled with the fact that no one wants TW on Friday nights as that is a night people usually either go out or are still working as it's a weekday, it's pretty safe to say that cross server was a bad idea from the beginning. Everything you are doing to try to make cross server NW work is just **** up everything else in the game that a majority of players already enjoyed doing. There is really nothing good coming out of this yet, just more drama and confusion and anger. Put things back to the way they were and lets forget about it.

Honestly, this x server NW is pathetic. 645 people in Light, 319 in Dark - seriously? Who do you think is going to dominate NW? Is that fair? Put it back the way it was!
  • opalhs
    opalhs Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2015

I have a fantastic idea...SCRAP CROSS SERVER NW and put it all back to normal. The entire idea is **** up things people already love to do like TW...and already has proven to come with problems and risks. @thenamesdomino People dc when entering randomly, people are forced into PK mode after for 10 hours, the number or tokens is wrong, and I read from another GM that all it could take is one hiccup to lose entire accounts. Given all these problems and coupled with the fact that no one wants TW on Friday nights as that is a night people usually either go out or are still working as it's a weekday, it's pretty safe to say that cross server was a bad idea from the beginning. Everything you are doing to try to make cross server NW work is just **** up everything else in the game that a majority of players already enjoyed doing. There is really nothing good coming out of this yet, just more drama and confusion and anger. Put things back to the way they were and lets forget about it.

Honestly, this x server NW is pathetic. 645 people in Light, 319 in Dark - seriously? Who do you think is going to dominate NW? Is that fair? Put it back the way it was!

I didnt read all posts in this threed but if no one explained I will.

1.Everything is fair in cross server nw.Offcouse Light will win,but wining is not important,what is iportant is score.if dark is good as Light then thay will have half of light score.If dark have half of light score,then ppl in dark will get allmost same amount of nw tokens as light,cos dark is spliting those nw tokens on 50% less ppl then Light is spliting.

2.That picture that someone posted from nw where 1 nation have 800 ppl and other 3 nations 100 ppl is probobly not from cross server nw,you see that map is smaller then cross server nw map.If that is not cross server then its "fixed" normal nw.
    For ppl who didnt know-if you are in strong guild,your guild can form squads for nw,and tell on gc everyone to take thier gear off to have low soulforce,then 1 squad have like 100k soulforce,basicly make 10 ppl count as 2 full +12 chars...if 10 squads do that then its 10 squads with 1 mil soulforce but when thay enter inside and put gear that 10 squads have 5 mil soulforce and thay got in same nation cos other nation have ppl who wasnt in squad and didnt put gear off.So basucly you can make 2 nations.1 with 100 ppl who had at start 1 mil soulforce but when thay puted gear have 5 mil soulforce against 20 ppl who entered with gear and have 1 mil soulforce.It doesnt work 100% like that but it works very good sometimes.Everyone was doing that in normal nw and that was big problem.Thats why cross server nw is much better cos you cant fix nations.
    Post edited by opalhs on
  • luvs2play
    luvs2play Posts: 23 Arc User
    not letting me off Boat from Entry & I am pissed off
  • sanguinesin
    sanguinesin Posts: 8 Arc User
    I used to look forward to NW every week. Not a fan of forced PK (especially on a PVE server/game) so it was more than enough to satisfy those pixelated homicidal urges lol.

Time Zones seem to be the least of the problems with this cross-server junk. If you insist on continuing it, which I can understand wanting to include all the players in events, but at least make it more fair to all invovled. As it stands Da (no matter what nation they are assigned) will always win simply because of the sheer numbers game.

Instead of assigning one nation per server, divvy up all the players randomly into the four nations once they logged in, like they used to. We have to go into a cross- server screen before entering the Nation Wars screen now anyway, why not give it a real purpose and use it to assign nations to all who enter at that point. It would make the numbers a lot more even and allow server strangers to work together instead of having middle school QQ/Insult fests over cross server horns as the main entertainment since as it is the biggest population is a shoe in to win. Put a little bit of mystery and excitement back into the event.

Nobody really cares about a war that has a predetermined outcome every week...This is Nation Wars not Professional Wrestling.
  • sneakingzoe
    sneakingzoe Posts: 49 Arc User
    I really like NW cross-server idea.

I am from DA and so belongs always to the winner nation at the moment.
    But seriously, please change it for all. We need a more fair and balanced system.
    Mix-up the player base for each nation as also sange described before.

If this is going on for server forces you will only win a lot of frustrated players on other nations.

I am looking forward to fight also with experience players from other servers together.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    just a normal day in cross nation wars....

how did the announced triple gank on DA go?
  • firstblood#1267
    firstblood#1267 Posts: 35 Arc User
    :) Just fine since there wasn't one
  • beast21g
    beast21g Posts: 631 Arc User
    still lag issues at NW
  • ayejay101
    ayejay101 Posts: 238 Arc User
    Is there any possibility of getting back the old Nation Wars?

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread as I was too lazy to read... but this page alone shows that there is a clear disadvantage for doing Cross Server events on an "International" version of the game.

Time zones will never fit, it will be unfair to the vast majority the server was originally catered to.

Since apparently most resets and events reflect CET time zone, this game should be located there, but the main office is in the PST time zone.

Oh well, end rant, can barely make Nation Wars as is.
    ​​
    GreenLegend Cleric 105-105-105
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • elohim77
    elohim77 Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    ayejay101 wrote: »
    Is there any possibility of getting back the old Nation Wars?

Not sure if this was mentioned earlier in the thread as I was too lazy to read... but this page alone shows that there is a clear disadvantage for doing Cross Server events on an "International" version of the game.

Time zones will never fit, it will be unfair to the vast majority the server was originally catered to.

Since apparently most resets and events reflect CET time zone, this game should be located there, but the main office is in the PST time zone.

Oh well, end rant, can barely make Nation Wars as is.

Dawnglory has a steady attendance of NA players, stop looking for excuses, yer bad

Mod Edit: Removed profanity violation.​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • ayejay101
    edited January 2016
    elohim77 wrote: »
    Dawnglory has a steady attendance of NA players, stop looking for excuses, yer bad

That's my point, Dawnglory, being a EU server has optimal time for NW, has a steady and larger attendance than any of the other servers... sometime larger than others combined.

I'm not looking for an excuse so I don't know where that came from, unless you're talking about always in losing nation...
    Imagine constantly being 3vs1 in PK of all people equally geared. You may be able to say that yes you can take it but most people fail to see if they're really equally geared or not. A better perspective would be to say equally geared and same class.

If you look at it this way... that NW time caters to mostly 1/4th of the PWI population.

​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • karyoh
    karyoh Posts: 4 Arc User

Congratulations PW on making the game sucky.. If you wanted people to stop playing MISSION COMPLETE..! NW is a joke there should be at the very least a player limit idk maybe 500 because being out numbered by double makes it pretty much impossible to play.. So gratz on making the game ****.. have a nice day

It is true
  • elohim77
    edited December 2015
    b$ Dawnglory has a steady attendance of NA players, stop looking for excuses, yer bad

That's my point, Dawnglory, being a EU server has optimal time for NW, has a steady and larger attendance than any of the other servers... sometime larger than others combined.

I'm not looking for an excuse so I don't know where that came from, unless you're talking about always in losing nation...
    Imagine constantly being 3vs1 in PK of all people equally geared. You may be able to say that yes you can take it but most people fail to see if they're really equally geared or not. A better perspective would be to say equally geared and same class.

If you look at it this way... that NW time caters to mostly 1/4th of the PWI population.

50% of Dawnglory playerbase is NON-EU, which means rest 50% is NA, south america and even a big chunk of russia and india\asia even australia

we have a steady attendance of those NON-EU players
    the fact that other servers have a low attendance because of event time its just a silly excuse

it's sad that NA servers couldnt keep the challenge\competition up with politics and what not and lead playerbase to quit doe

can't say that some tried to overpower Dawnglory server too, but perhaps EU pplz are more resilient than you guys egg-1.gif​​
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    elohim77 said:

50% of Dawnglory playerbase is NON-EU, which means rest 50% is NA, south america and even a big chunk of russia and india\asia even australia

the fact that other servers have a low attendance because of event time its just a silly excuse
    ​​

Citation needed.

Even if your obviously made up statistics were accurate, all those areas that you mentioned that are east of EU are in much better shape for attendance than NA. Late night is prime game time, particularly on weekends.

• nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    perrion said:

elohim77 said:

​​

Citation needed.

Even if your obviously made up statistics were accurate, all those areas that you mentioned that are east of EU are in much better shape for attendance than NA. Late night is prime game time, particularly on weekends.

I live in NA and I actually prefer having nation war during the afternoon than the evening so please stop QQing about this damn time.
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • perrion
    nimao20 said:

I live in NA and I actually prefer having nation war during the afternoon than the evening so please stop QQing about this damn time.

You're certainly in the minority. Which server do you play on?

No one in the group I used to do NW with weekly does it any more. Most people have something productive to do during the afternoon on weekends.

• belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    It is hard to compete against a nation that has 100+ more people each time. It is more fun to compete with the people from your server on this though.

Would it be possible to do something like they do in TW but slightly modified? Maybe do something where your server gets a stronger buff vs a server with more people attending. I think something like this would scale well. So fighting Dawnglory (highest attendance) would give a stronger buff than when fighting Etherblade (second highest).
  • ayejay101

it's sad that NA servers couldnt keep the challenge\competition up with politics and what not and lead playerbase to quit doe

can't say that some tried to overpower Dawnglory server too, but perhaps EU pplz are more resilient than you guys egg-1.gif

Just because I mention EU/EU-Server doesn't mean I'm mentioning EU people only, just the fact of its timezone.

Most people that I used to play with have work, family, or something more important than that which is a game.
    The event time takes a large chunk out of the fun PVP events within the game.

Yes, there are some people that prefer the earlier time for West Coast, its 11 AM for Nation Wars on the west, 2 PM for those on the east. Most people work Monday through Friday, and get time off on weekends like Saturday and Sunday.
    When you put a 2 hour event in the middle of the day, they can't do their chores till later at night which most people don't do chores at night when things close. So people do it mostly in the afternoons and then miss out on NWs.

The EU server has it set to 8PM if I'm not mistaken. Parts of Africa would be 2 hours ahead at most so, 10PM still nice and late at night. Middle Asia 1 AM, and most people in Asia are 'westernized' so that Sunday is actually still a weekend, there are some parts where Sunday is a work day and Friday and Saturday are weekend days. Regardless, 1 AM isn't too bad but it is a bit late.

Low attendance and event time have a direct correlation.
    Before cross-server, Etherblade had roughly 400-600 attendance during Nation Wars. Now they're barely making 400.

​​
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • elohim77
    perrion wrote: »

Citation needed.

for my last 2 weeks my NW squad was:

4 canadians
    2 germans
    1 french
    1 italian
    1 indian
    1 USA

ijs

so **** off with excuses​​
  • perrion
    elohim77 said:

for my last 2 weeks my NW squad was:

4 canadians

2 germans

1 french

1 italian

1 indian

1 USA

ijs

so **** off with excuses​​

Lol, well last 2 weeks my NW squad was 100% unable to attend due to the time change. Learn to find actual data to corroborate your argument, not some useless one off piece of anecdotal evidence.

"hur dur, it didn't happen that way for me, therefore the same applies to everyone."
  • elohim77
    edited December 2015
    perrion wrote: »

Lol, well last 2 weeks my NW squad was 100% unable to attend due to the time change. Learn to find actual data to corroborate your argument, not some useless one off piece of anecdotal evidence.

"hur dur, it didn't happen that way for me, therefore the same applies to everyone."

well then get rekt, i don't care and that's how it is egg-1.gif
    even if NWs would happen @ 8 PM NA TZ you would get rekt anyways, cause yer bad and you have few to no pvp on your NA servers

and this is going to be even worse with the g17 patch which there will be a complete new meta for endgame pvp and your servers will have no way to practice it since you'll have no pvp of any scale still​​
  • nimao20
    nimao20 Posts: 32 Arc User
    perrion said:

nimao20 said:

You're certainly in the minority. Which server do you play on?

No one in the group I used to do NW with weekly does it any more. Most people have something productive to do during the afternoon on weekends.

I play on Dawnglory.
    Seeker_King 105-105-103 Dawnglory Server http://mypers.pw/8/#406429
    Youtube Channel
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Where were all of you **** complaining about NW times when they changed TW time to 2pm Saturday years ago? srsly. XtVz2f3.png​​
  • perrion
    elohim77 said:

well then get rekt, i don't care and that's how it is egg-1.gif

even if NWs would happen @ 8 PM NA TZ you would get rekt anyways, cause yer bad and you have few to no pvp on your NA servers

and this is going to be even worse with the g17 patch which there will be a complete new meta for endgame pvp and your servers will have no way to practice it since you'll have no pvp of any scale still​​

Right, sounds a lot like the bragging done by LC prior to the merge on how they'll steamroll all over us poor PvE saps in Sanctuary. As it turned out, it was the "pro PvPers" that got the beat down in both open world and TW. Seems that all that experience with ganking lesser geared players trying to do their quests wasn't as helpful as they thought it would be.

Anyway, continue to pat yourself on the back for being so awesome that you're able to beat foes that you greatly outnumber. Personally I'd be complaining even if I was on Dawnglory, I'd feel robbed of the chance to prove actual superiority.

• patsybanger
    patsybanger Posts: 74 Arc User
    You are not really missing anything if you cannot get in. Pwi has taken what was messed up and turned into totally lopsided wars. Servers being 100s of people apart in numbers for a starter. Noone is going to beat Dawns Glory when they start out with 200 more people than the next closest server.
  • ayejay101
    @thenamesdomino

Could we possible reopen the argument for Timing for NWs?
    ​​
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    @thenamesdomino

It's not closed.

Cross-Server Event Time Discussion​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • weirmonken
    weirmonken Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is not fight of nations.This is not olimpic games.This is WAR!What does that mean?This mean there no luxury and better to be ready for everything to come at anytime at any conditions.Thank you PWI for showing us how weak we are.Itis great experience of failure and disgrace.Great lessons to everyone.Those who started to cry not deseved victory.
  • ayejay101
    @thenamesdomino

It's not closed.

Cross-Server Event Time Discussion

Just read that thread, basically, from what you've posted in your first post in that thread means nothing can be done till Devs do something. So..... meh. :/
    weirmonken wrote: »
    This is not fight of nations.This is not olimpic games.This is WAR!What does that mean?This mean there no luxury and better to be ready for everything to come at anytime at any conditions.Thank you PWI for showing us how weak we are.Itis great experience of failure and disgrace.Great lessons to everyone.Those who started to cry not deseved victory.

It's a game. Must be enjoyable.
    ​​
    Historic Leader

23nupk.jpg