Give me a good argument why should all servers be PVP

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    shade13 wrote: »
    Yes they were the least populated server. So much so that at one point, Lost City could not complete a server-wide event before it expired.

What event you are talking about? o.o

I didn't really think we needed this merge. They could make 2 x-server NWs, 2 groups 4 servers in each.
    It was about 2 years ago. Part of the issue was a bunch of OP people there to kill everyone else's fun, and partly it was not enough people actually participating in the event. I may go hunting around for it, but will take a bit on the Vanilla forums.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • kingspellcaster
    kingspellcaster Posts: 19 Arc User

Yes they were the least populated server. So much so that at one point, Lost City could not complete a server-wide event before it expired.

I didn't really think we needed this merge. They could make 2 x-server NWs, 2 groups 4 servers in each.

It was about 2 years ago. Part of the issue was a bunch of OP people there to kill everyone else's fun, and partly it was not enough people actually participating in the event. I may go hunting around for it, but will take a bit on the Vanilla forums.​​

It was the Bongso event outside Tellus.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    It was about 2 years ago. Part of the issue was a bunch of OP people there to kill everyone else's fun, and partly it was not enough people actually participating in the event. I may go hunting around for it, but will take a bit on the Vanilla forums.

I remember that, you could get the machinated terror mount from that event for free, first time it was introduced. On PVP servers, some specific faction/people decided it was good to aoe all moving objects. Naturally if you missed a few days of the event, you could not get the top prizes.​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User

sylenthunder wrote: »

It was about 2 years ago. Part of the issue was a bunch of OP people there to kill everyone else's fun, and partly it was not enough people actually participating in the event. I may go hunting around for it, but will take a bit on the Vanilla forums.

I want this event back. tiger-12.gif​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Found that event....
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/1025290-free-mmorpg-perfect-world-international-pwi-sweet-remembrance-event

It wasn't until even near the end of the event that they managed to gather enough items to spawn the Momma Beast. Then, of course, it spawned in a non-safe zone.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    I was around, but I thik I didn't do the event (not especially interested in such stuff). But I don't understand why it's such a problem that lc didn't complete and where else shoud the boss spawn tiger-16.gif There wasn't anything unique or too valuable as reward.
    As for boundaries, we always opened them nearly or exactly as fast as other servers, though quests are done outside sz (nightmare!)
    This is not a valid argument.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • kingspellcaster
    kingspellcaster Posts: 19 Arc User
    shade13 said:

I was around, but I thik I didn't do the event (not especially interested in such stuff). But I don't understand why it's such a problem that lc didn't complete and where else shoud the boss spawn tiger-16.gif There wasn't anything unique or too valuable as reward.

As for boundaries, we always opened them nearly or exactly as fast as other servers, though quests are done outside sz (nightmare!)

This is not a valid argument.
    ​​

It wasn't getting to kill the boss that was the problem. It was the npc used to turn in it's drops for rewards after the boss was killed. That npc also spawned outside safezone. Kinda hard to fight back while talking to an npc when people set up multiple vortex, barrage of arrows, dragon's breath on top of the npc. You can't really speak for the majority about whether you think it was worth it or not since many people did try to do it.
  • dragonsmoon
    dragonsmoon Posts: 4 Arc User
    i honestly dont care if its pvp or pve. i for one run around white. its what im used to and its how ill stay. since the merge i have not once been pked nor have i tried. not that i i dont enjoy it, i do. im just butt hurt over the time change. i dont live in europe i live in indiana. this is the reason i left lost city...pvp server to join harshlands when it came...pvp server. now with new time i cant nw or tw. now i know that they make nw on sat and sunday for those that are lucky enough to have the weekend off. but im not one of those guys. i am off tuesday and wednesday i work from 8am till 4pm every day. as for tw. i cant even get into a good faction now because the first question is always can you tw....at 11am. the answer of course is no....no i cant. so in the end i am stuck in the log on do primals log off game play. but i guess in pwe defence i could always put a **** ton of my money on game and just buy nw tokens right? give me an east coast server pve or pvp and alow me to transfer...even if its a cash shop item. oh and stop the cross server bs and give us back our normal NW at our normal times. i believe most of us was more than happy to prove our skills against our own server. no one cares about whos stronger in other servers.
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User

i honestly dont care if its pvp or pve. i for one run around white. its what im used to and its how ill stay. since the merge i have not once been pked nor have i tried. not that i i dont enjoy it, i do. im just butt hurt over the time change. i dont live in europe i live in indiana. this is the reason i left lost city...pvp server to join harshlands when it came...pvp server. now with new time i cant nw or tw. now i know that they make nw on sat and sunday for those that are lucky enough to have the weekend off. but im not one of those guys. i am off tuesday and wednesday i work from 8am till 4pm every day. as for tw. i cant even get into a good faction now because the first question is always can you tw....at 11am. the answer of course is no....no i cant. so in the end i am stuck in the log on do primals log off game play. but i guess in pwe defence i could always put a **** ton of my money on game and just buy nw tokens right? give me an east coast server pve or pvp and alow me to transfer...even if its a cash shop item. oh and stop the cross server bs and give us back our normal NW at our normal times. i believe most of us was more than happy to prove our skills against our own server. no one cares about whos stronger in other servers.

inb4 the flamebois .... you actually got some really valid arguments there .... the whole merge serevrs bs literally screws over more ppl than it does help... Especially the abundance of even 1 single pvp server .... i can only speak for myself here ... but the reason i started the game was not for doing dailies all day long,... but for the nice brawls all across the map

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    About cross server NW. Before cross server nw to be add in our version everyone thought this is going to be a separate event from the older and normal nw that happend friday and sunday.
    Oh we were so wrong to believe that :'(
    giphy.gif

• shade13
    About cross server NW. Before cross server nw to be add in our version everyone thought this is going to be a separate event from the older and normal nw that happend friday and sunday.

Not everyone. I knew it would replace inner server NW. Pretty sure, who was more familiar with chinese state of affairs also didn't hope for anything custom and pwi special.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    It only made sense it replaced old NW where the heck on the time slots would it go? How were ppl surprised? Thats like saying make events back to back to back ppl would be burnt out dont ya think?
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • bloodedone87
    What big event are during the weak at 20:30 and 22:30 so they couldnt put cross server NW at that time in any day during the weak and keep normal nw friday and sunday? Except rw I dont think its other event that ppl are that interesed in during the weak.
    Oh and ppl are very happy with cross server nw time slot atm no?
    giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    People would be unhappy with the timeslot anyways because of the whole EU timezone that cant be helped so I'll agree with you on that one. But its more likely people would show for a PvP event on a weekend rather then weekday at crappy times. I mean think about it RW is basically a PVE farm event. Hell its 4am my time. I wake at 0350 I just wait for faction sig done by 0405 log off go back to sleep next time I log tokens in bank imagine if that were 2hours event on the weekday. Even less would show up, I think thats why we had to take a hit and lose our old NW personally it makes sense to me and people not on EU times
  • ykc
    ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
    Pwi could just add (option pvp) on chars list and make it cross-server in open world
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    this is why all servers should be pvp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gC2rtnDnX8

(stealing it from evils since my record went really weird, hypercam recorded with no FPS drop but in game UI is flashing\flickering while i can see terrain chars normally what the fudging fudge?)

dawnglory as a pvp server would mean open pk would escalate to this at any hour of the day

someone "picks" someone from the counterside, counterside calls 4 more, first side bring 7, counterside brings 10, first side 15 till up to even 30v30s

not saying that open pk is missing on my server, but forced PvP mode would give so man openings to pick targets you would initiate mass brawls at any hour of the day​​
  • bloodedone87
    limonazza said:

(stealing it from evils since my record went really weird, hypercam recorded with no FPS drop but in game UI is flashing\flickering while i can see terrain chars normally what the fudging fudge?)

dawnglory as a pvp server would mean open pk would escalate to this at any hour of the day

someone "picks" someone from the counterside, counterside calls 4 more, first side bring 7, counterside brings 10, first side 15 till up to even 30v30s

not saying that open pk is missing on my server, but forced PvP mode would give so man openings to pick targets you would initiate mass brawls at any hour of the day​​

To you that is fun. For others is meh. Be happy with what you have now. Others dont want to get involved. Maybe they just want to walk there without being afraid they will get caught in an aoe or something.
    Still no reason to turn all servers pvp.
    Or you just want to attack random people cause '' why not if I can?''
    giphy.gif

• booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    "someone "picks" someone from the counterside, counterside calls 4 more, first side bring 7, counterside brings 10, first side 15 till up to even 30v30s"

what would happen on TT server would be

"someone "picks" someone from the counterside, that person leaves or sits in safezone, the end"

• bhaven
    bhaven Posts: 45 Arc User
    shade13 said:

nrglg wrote: »

Don't assume because someone is on a PvE server that they've never been on a PvP server.

Ok, I don't assume, but I played on pvp server for long enough to share another experience. And I often see weird approach coming from pve servers:

- if you are white named you are "asking for getting attacked"

- if you go white name you are supposed to pk everything around

- if it's pvp server, pkers camp every square meter to hunt you down

This is just wrong.
    ​​

Could just as easily say the following about the mentality of some PVE server players
    If you're whitename and get pked then you're entitled to be butthurt regardless of whether you wanted to pk or not
    People only go white name for convoy or to build chi.
    the option to be bluename allows me to afk 24/7 at west gate because theres nothing else in the entire game that isnt so boring i'd rather play another game.
  • blazerboy
    edited December 2015
    I get confused why people come to watch pvp and not participate. Anyone notice that random bluename who follows the fight to watch but never wants to get in one himself or herself I see them alot. And their fully geared so I ask why not join in the fun? And its usually "I dont know how to pvp" 1) thats not an excuse all of us were inexperienced at one point just get in there get you're but kicked enough but learn. 2) How can you say you're very good at tw but bad at mass pvp same mechanics different setting and a even easier objective if you ask me. This doesnt frustrate me but rather confuses me
  • bloodedone87
    And I wonder too why some people are watching some MMA fights and they dont learn to fights too? And I wonder why some people watch ciclism and they dont take a bike and join the fun?
    Some people just like to watch others fighting. Thats all.
    I personally dont like to fight or watch others fighting.
    giphy.gif

• shade13
    edited December 2015
    And I wonder too why some people are watching some MMA fights and they dont learn to fights too? And I wonder why some people watch ciclism and they dont take a bike and join the fun?

I wonder too because I usually watch only what I would try if I had time or opportunity tiger-2.gif It's just impossible to take part in all interesting activities in the world on pro lvl. But thinking it over, I'm inclined to agree with blazerboy here. If you like it, how come you don't want to take part in it, especially if you are 1 click away from it (:
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • blazerboy
    edited December 2015
    @bloodedone87 Gotta admit you raise a valid point I dont watch MMA but I do take the time to learn it and i have a blast because well I tried it ya know. I cant find any fun in watching anything w.o trying it out myself but as you said ppl are different. It just gets me curious why some tell me they never gave PvP a legit chance like some tell me " Oh I tried it once or twice and always lose or always seem stressed out or maybe Im not sure my role here" Not saying Im nearly the best in the game nor my class but I do know how to take a beating and surivive aswell as bring the pain with my squad but I got wrecked ALOT before I got better just food for thought for those who havent given PvP a full fair chance
    @shade13 won't lie if all the servers were mixed and I knew your char you would be on a list of 10 I'd duke it out with the moment I saw you at SP even if I got my butt kicked for the pure fun of PvP but if I get my butt kicked you would have to earn it :D
  • mulier
    mulier Posts: 305 Arc User

limonazza said:

To you that is fun. For others is meh. Be happy with what you have now. Others dont want to get involved. Maybe they just want to walk there without being afraid they will get caught in an aoe or something.
    Still no reason to turn all servers pvp.
    Or you just want to attack random people cause '' why not if I can?''

dont want to get involved, dont go there. ;)

and seriously - how are the chances that you would want to walk exactlx in the spot a pvp brawl is happening, in a game with 3 total maps and a really huuuge world?

i fully understand u want to do pve server , its just some arguments that make me grin :P

• bloodedone87
    Maybe I have to walk buy to get somewere and thats the shortest place to get there.
    Maybe I just wanna go there and admire the view.
    If I am blue name I wouldnt care if others pvp.
    If I would be white I would be afraid to pass through that place to get were I want to go. How do I know a sin would confuse me with an enemy and jumps from shadow at me?
    But I am just giving exemples now. Even in blue name I dont go in mass pk areas. I dont care about ppl that pk.
    giphy.gif

• blazerboy
    @bloodedone87 what view in pwi lol but I see your point in terms of primal daily quest well the 1st one the others you could pretty much go around people I suppose. But then you run the possibility for being mistaken as an enemy or enemy supporter and could get picked off cant say I didnt make that mistake once or twice
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    well yday dawnglory had 20v20s going on @ liu plea quest and at SP egg-35.gif was so chaotic but so gg at same time egg-36.gif​​
  • zombienationzalt
    zombienationzalt Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2015
    Have issues with "wasting money" for instance guardian angels are a flat out loss at the end of the day if I don't "need" them, if they removed the risks of death like other games do i would pvp 24/7 and probably finish my gear within a week or so by just cash shoppin up the coins i need, not counting any posible wiating/time it would take to gather materials in the event of shortages etc. The idea that I could drop my fun things without paying to bind them is just annoying. PVP in other games is superior to this game so i'm mostly here to socialize hence the weak **** gear as i have no real need to upgrade my **** so i spend my money on other things, not going to name any games but there are quite a few that are big on the pvp with 0 risks, but many rewards so it's competitive as hell and even the cheap-o's like us pve players can easily get down without wasting money. Don't get me wrong I liked pvp on pwi for many years before they killed quick farms, now it's farm TT and hope your items sell, can't even buy gold right now on my server with coins. PVP is fun and all but as long as there is some cost involved it's not worth imo now if i had really badass +12 gear that was entirely bound sure i can see why pvp would be the bees knees, but my stuff is like +5 ish max cuz i'm a filthy casual, and so is probably the majority of all players, I would have thought pvp servers was where the money was at tho but maybe thats a misconception on my part.

Bottum line is pvp is expensive for the game, people who can solo anything simply won't understand, probably look down on us filthy casuals, And while it is fun, the costly nature of the game would see insane drops of players if it was nothing but pvp based servers. honestly they should still have a pvp only server in all regions and 1 pve server in all regions and make it region vs regions wars or randomly funnel players from each region into flame/dark vs frost/light etc

TL:DR i'll probably never respond to this if quoted so just take it in as a random oppinion that means essentially nothing since pwi doesn't give 2 F's about the community unless it's about money.

Edit bad grammar triggered ocd had to be fixed.
  • kyonesiver
    kyonesiver Posts: 13 Arc User

afaria86 said:

Yes, PvE servers is killing the game, which is why PvP servers were the most populated ones...

thats an insult! I'm ssorry you dont liek pve beecause we rather not be forced to endure the most HOSTILE and VIOLENT player iteraction excusse us for wanting to coose what kinds of interactioss we are confertable with. this topic needs ot be cloed if itt isnt allredy!

goign PVP kills games we know that form Area games and heir dramtic player ppluationn loss face it PVPers we PVers outnimber you.

NOW we are ok with you having your events and all but honestly we would rater have a part of the cube were we can OPT OUT of pvp if we so desire why well...

PVP is borderline abusive bahavior not many people choose to recnize it as such but not everyone is cofertable enough with it for it to be ok to jusst make hte whole game PVP. and the people that rather not outnumber you 100-1 maybe more.

I aam ok with you guys getting more pvp events but DO NOT dare even think of tryig to take away my PVE and RUIN my ideal player experince. I don speak alone know this.
    I think afaria86 comment was meant to be treated as sarcasm. Everyone knows that pvp servers werent the most populated ones. Thats why the reason we dont have any pvp server atm.
    still very rude and offesve liek the srvers arent hurry up and level than pvp allredy where are hte events all playerss can enjoy? i nticed seoen mmentiond china servers im not sure if they are aware but aameric is hte onlny open pvp system for a reasson. all other systems uslly revolve arounnd cultrual morals or a kill count. bottom line mareican pvp is american pvp there is no other pvp like it.

the game is not well developed to haave any masssive pvp servers but to feel the server has gone ttoo pvp is a little concerning. the moun of qests and legth of them were cut dramticaly while leength was not much of a issue peopel are beggi for mroe quests i knw we could use a cubbard stone quest before we get really deep into the new system or we need mmore substatual accout stasshes.

an account cubbard would be nicee just saying.

all his emans bottom line is I agree one pvp server (in its own catogory) may not be a bad idea IF the pvpers can prove it will be popluated enough. I DO NOT agree tto them turnig our pve servers PVP for their own sick amusement.