Is it Viable?

s1lentstr1ke
s1lentstr1ke Posts: 2 Arc User
Hello, I'm actually new to PWI. I've played Clerics and Debuffer classes in other mmo's and I've tested a cleric to 48 on PWI. What I really prefer though is a PvP orientated Debuff class. I took a look at Veno and Psy guides and it looks like Psy is more of a Debuff class. What I want to know is the following:

Is it possible to make a Tanky Psy Who focuses solely on Debuffing the enemy players for the DDers around me to clear them quicker. If it's possible, how would I build it gear wise and stat wise.

In other mmos we had what was called a "Corrupter" as a Debuffing class. Essentially it would stun, immobilize and lower p.def/m.def& HP and such. I used it to deeply cripple the other side, so I'm kind of wondering if it's Viable to replicate it on PWI with a Psy, or if you recommend a Veno for it. It looks like they might be a little more versatile.

I haven't seen a guide on this type of Psy. I don't know if anyone really thought about a Psy giving up DD for more survivability to make sure people are always debuffed. I know full well that making this type of Psy means harder grinding for levels and absolutely Horrible solo capabilities.

I don't have a faction yet, but if you want to talk in-game about this, the only character I have so far is my cleric and it's name is "Vahz"

This might be a controversial topic and any insight or thoughts about the building of and it's promise or lack of promise in PvP/PvE is highly welcomed. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    Psys are mainly DDs. If you're looking for a debuffer/CC class, you should play veno or BM.​​
  • s1lentstr1ke
    s1lentstr1ke Posts: 2 Arc User
    Alright, I'll pour over veno guides more. Thanks for your reply, it's much appreciated. :)
  • artemispaine
    artemispaine Posts: 12 Arc User
    The name of the build you are interested in is called support psychic. It's a dying gameplay of psychic in pwi. ( Well as for my server, I'm one of the few support psys left.) Yes, we are dd's. But it is possible to make a support tanky Psy. For this it is best to go sage and shard, card, and engrave for defenses. Or you could do a attack defense mix. (like I did) Plz keep in mind, you can defend yourself also and some cases you have to. The pro is you will be always needed in any squad, the con is you may be the healer in the squad. Support psy game play is a hard to master because you have to know how ur debuffs and skills would match with other classes and timing. It can be mastered!! I play on Tideswell and my name ingame is CookieCrunch. I hope this helps and Support psys are nasty!