Give me a good argument why should all servers be PVP

bloodedone87
bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion
Since this thread http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203875/weve-been-nominated-mmo-site-readers-choice-awards-vote-now#latest was derailed to much I decided to open a new one.
EDIT: I moved them all out and merged them into this thread. So basically everything between this post and my post talking about merging them below is from that thread. ~Sylen

Some people on that thread I link above( a small number of people but they still exist) want the servers to become pvp.
I want them to give me a good reason why should we all be forced white name after lvl 30. I want them to tell me how would that be good for the game. I want them to tell me that being all white name is better than being able to chose to be white and blue when you want. I want good and solid arguments to '' why all servers pvp'' that no matter how hard I'll put my brain to work I cant find arguments to combat you.​​
giphy.gif

Post edited by sylenthunder on

Comments

• blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    PvP? Nope we dont have thelat only pansys hiding in SZ or blue name while people steal eachother mobs in pve w.o reprocussions. Classic? This game has motorbikes and Autobots set in a more ancient china cultured era. No Pwi... just no... Best Expansion? This is your biggest offense thus far, creating gear gaps lightyears in between one another that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars via your stupid chance system then 6months to a year expected to spend that all over agian to keep up. Hell a system that can make someone who spent $50 match someone who spend $5,000 if they're lucky enough for god sake a g16 character and a lvl92 non reborn QSM geared character on DawnsGlory is wearing a Crown of Madness at this point this game is all about nostalgia. Pwi you threw your chances to win this kinda contest long ago lmfao..
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • mosz
    mosz Posts: 247 Arc User
    blazerboy said:

PvP? Nope we dont have thelat only pansys hiding in SZ or blue name while people steal eachother mobs in pve w.o reprocussions. Classic? This game has motorbikes and Autobots set in a more ancient china cultured era. No Pwi... just no... Best Expansion? This is your biggest offense thus far, creating gear gaps lightyears in between one another that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars via your stupid chance system then 6months to a year expected to spend that all over agian to keep up. Hell a system that can make someone who spent $50 match someone who spend $5,000 if they're lucky enough for god sake a g16 character and a lvl92 non reborn QSM geared character on DawnsGlory is wearing a Crown of Madness at this point this game is all about nostalgia. Pwi you threw your chances to win this kinda contest long ago lmfao..

TW and NW are some of the best pvp events ive had across MMOs, sure both can be improved but theyre still some of the better pvp events around

"classic" yah vendors, mounts, and pets are a disgrace, no damn reason we needed the modern stuff, its a mega shame, i remember when we had some sort of design contest and it was explicitly stated no modern bs

best expansion? war front wasn't that great
    heavenfall? meh, if youre 105 the xp is fail..most rooms are worthless for you, lvl 108 prize is meh
    The Santa’s List Event- horrible cash shop based
    Expansion Cash Shop Update:- all items bad except event gold stuff
    cross server- so unbalanced player # wise, gg
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    hockey57 wrote: »
    I voted, but PVP in this game has gone down the tubes thanks to every server now being PVE. Resource Wars is a joke cause of it now too.

I stood in primal at the first daily the other day and 48 toons went by before another person in white name showed up for me to actually fight with. Its reached the point where I've almost given up trying to find any pvp.

Most days I just log in, do dailies, and log off.

P.S. The tower is tedious, and the rewards suck for anyone who is already 105x3. Cut out all the repetitive levels in between the good ones and it would be perfect.
    +1 tower needs adjustment first lets say 60 levels are worthless

and +1 we need to be like china

PvE servers werent supposed to exist, PWCH has only PvP servers, this thing is killing the game​​
    Post edited by sylenthunder on
  • afaria86
    afaria86 Posts: 63 Arc User
    Yes, PvE servers is killing the game, which is why PvP servers were the most populated ones...
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    switch all servers back to PvP only as how it is intended by wanmei devs

game dies w\o pvp

and without open pk we just have no pvp at all

i don't even get why if china doesnt have pve mode, why pwi has it... FFS​​
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    mosz said:

blazerboy said:

TW and NW are some of the best pvp events ive had across MMOs, sure both can be improved but theyre still some of the better pvp events around

"classic" yah vendors, mounts, and pets are a disgrace, no damn reason we needed the modern stuff, its a mega shame, i remember when we had some sort of design contest and it was explicitly stated no modern bs

Seriously? Have you tried PWI more updated games,PVP is much more polished and by PVP I mean more then just x3(average) a week atleast 1 TW, and 2 NW the point Im making there its not a lively pvp community whats the point is endgaming to only fight very basic A.I, nor is it very even difficult. TW doesnt even really take much strategy like it used what wins tw nowadays from what I've seen is numbers and ratio of endgame geared player in it. How many TWs do we watch get one pushed now or won within 10-30min when its max time is 3hrs yea great utilization there,instead of coming with a intricate strategy to break their line of attack all you gotta do is keep pushing a lane until you overwhelm come on thats basic as heck man. Nation War if you find that complex with the recent turn of events lol...

Mounts is pretty legit in lore mythical creatures,pets what the hell is mystical about a robot and motorcycle seriously have you read your own lore PWI?
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    limonazza wrote: »
    i don't even get why if china doesnt have pve mode, why pwi has it... FFS

I heard that it's so because US targeted audience is more interested in questlines and PvE than in PvP challenge tiger-2.gif
    Where are you from, btw? tiger-1.gif

So, agreeing with most, bring us back pure pvp server and we will vote for pwi as pvp gamemonkey-46.gif
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    PWI should ask the devs to put Secret Passage and Cave of Sadistic Glee to pk enabled. That would be fun and if it were set so it's blue named like they accidentally did a long time ago then no one can drop stuff therefore no risk just pvp.

Back on topic, yea I'll keep on with my daily votes to this site. I've tried numerous other mmos and I keep coming back here : )
    They have done this accidentally a few times, because that's how it is in PW-CN. Oh the rage on the forums when it happened.

B&S is looking pretty awesome, but if the forced PvP at low levels isn't fixed, I won't spend my time on it.

Part of the issue with PWE getting low votes is getting the word out. Since the forum merge, and then the forum split, we have lost a lot of people that regularly visit the forums. It probably wouldn't be so bad if PWE wasn't forcing Arc down our throats and could put in redirects correctly.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User

B&S is looking pretty awesome, but if the forced PvP at low levels isn't fixed, I won't spend my time on it.

I believe open world PVP in B&S only when you were your faction uniform.

IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    shade13 wrote: »
    limonazza wrote: »
    i don't even get why if china doesnt have pve mode, why pwi has it... FFS

I heard that it's so because US targeted audience is more interested in questlines and PvE than in PvP challenge tiger-2.gif

Considering the popularity of -mobas-, I don't believe this is true at all (even though I personally do prefer PvE). However, in my opinion, the pure PvP servers sucked. All I saw were people who sunk lots of money into the game killing people who didn't. That's not PvP.​​
    Post edited by ovenusarmanio on

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • sylenthunder
    nrglg wrote: »
    ... However, in my opinion, the pure PvP servers sucked. All I saw were people who sunk lots of money into the game killing people who didn't. That's not PvP.
    That's why I left Lost City in 2008. Trust me, I like a good PvP server, but the way it is in this game is completely broken.

Personally, there should be some set limitations even to open pvp. Like not being able to gank someone more than 5 levels below you. In some games it's not an issue, but with the powercreep at PWI, it really is.​​

​​
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I would be okay, if a little happy, with servers turning into PvP servers. I picked Sanctuary because I liked the name, I didn't know what is PvP and PvE. Such a noob. tiger-2.gif

I think simply turning the servers into PvP ones would hurt the playerbase. There are many players who only like PvE. Some may sometimes go to NW and TW at best, but they prefer the PvE aspect of this game, whether that's pure preference or because of the power creep.

What they should do is make one server PvP and allow people to transfer their characters so they can choose where they want to play. I can't really see that happening though... Well, we said the same about the server merges but I don't know...

​​
  • tiageros
    tiageros Posts: 19 Arc User
    Out of curiosity... When was the last time you saw someone playing on the open map after level 30?

Oh.. wait... you would have to play on the open map to see that. hzG3baX.png
    The game at this point is pretty much an instance runner. It wouldn't affect very many people. Most who would care have already been ousted by the state of the economy over the past two years anyhows.​​
  • shade13
    However, in my opinion, the pure PvP servers sucked. All I saw were people who sunk lots of money into the game killing people who didn't. That's not PvP.
    That's why I left Lost City in 2008. Trust me, I like a good PvP server, but the way it is in this game is completely broken.

I have a feeling we played different games. I had been playing on lost city since 2009 till merge. I didn't get my r9r upon log in and was a non competitive noob for a really long time. And I didn't suffer at all. There were rare cases of hunting players on quests, so rare, that I remember just few of them. I lvled all my alts without any gear questing outside sz and hzd no problem.
    Only time when it was dangerous for lowbies to come out is when pvpers decided to fight in a popular quest places. That you could easily wait out.
    We had non rpk guilds and many many players who didn't agro all that stirs (actually there are only few who do that). Not everything that is white named was considered as a target.

Maybe it's impossible for PvEish servers population to understand how is it - you go out whitenamed, encounter whitenamed ppl and.... they don't attack you tiger-11.gif
    But trust me, it was so.

We apparently played different games. Or you just freaked out because of the first small pk accident.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    Maybe it's impossible for PvEish servers population to understand how is it - you go out whitenamed, encounter whitenamed ppl and.... they don't attack you tiger-11.gif[/color]

I played Malaysian PW for a while before PWI even opened. All servers were PvP. I saw high level players come to low level areas to wipe out all low level white names to get their name red on a frequent basis. That was not fun and it distracted from what I was trying to accomplish. That's why when PWI came out and it had PvE servers, I was glad.

Don't assume because someone is on a PvE server that they've never been on a PvP server. For all you know, the reason they're on a PvE server is because they were fed up with the PvP server. In my case, Malaysian PW made me decide against it. Now seeing the ridiculous OP gear, I realize that I made the right choice, albeit, I would have been forced into a PvE server one way or another.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    **** changes. It's pretty much as Marengo said for pvp servers.​​
  • shade13
    Don't assume because someone is on a PvE server that they've never been on a PvP server.

Ok, I don't assume, but I played on pvp server for long enough to share another experience. And I often see weird approach coming from pve servers:
    - if you are white named you are "asking for getting attacked"
    - if you go white name you are supposed to pk everything around
    - if it's pvp server, pkers camp every square meter to hunt you down
    This is just wrong.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • rocky19
    rocky19 Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    All this discussion about lowbies being camped on a PVP server.

Have any one of you from a PVE / PVP server actually seen someone camp and PK a lvl 50ish too near City of Misfortune? How about Tai Chi shore or w/e its called? or Wellspring village? Orchid temple?

This PVP and camping you speak of happens in primal world because that's the only place endgame toons go and do their dailies, and even then we usually don't kill random white names with the exception of hostile factions ofc. So the concept of "camping lowbies" is not really a valid argument. This doesn't affect the entire player base imo

Now if you make an arguement like this - "I am from a hostile faction of xyz and they know my white named undergeared alt and I get PKed to an extent that I cannot do dailies on my alt". This can be kinda accepted coz thats what happens on a PVP server really.

And those who are "PVE oriented", what kind of PVE do you love? Kill all the randomly spawning mobs in primal? The core "PVE" of this game are based on dungeons right? And you can port to them using the stone, and there is no PVP with that. If you are scared of getting killed by a player within the instance, that happens in PVE server too

All this blue name **** and ppl take primal boss free, drake free, tigers free. These were the origins of mass PVP and PWI just killed it with the PVE server thing,

So the servers need to be made PVP, or like someone said in the above posts - Make a PVP server and enable transfers into / out of them. This will definitely increase the income of your company too as ppl would go ham charging to prove they are the best.

Server situation currently is, people login to do a blood daily - stare at their afk toon - get some sort of motivation to do temple and give up after room 2 because it's boring as **** - cheer faction mates on their forums to do TW because they can't TW due to **** times - rinse and repeat.

What is the game that you run, where is the PVP and what are u asking us to vote for?

PS: To be honest if you are on a PVE server, you have a very good chance of getting killed as a random white name because there are very few white names and ppl wana go ham on them when they see one.
    IGN : Seek_NK B)
    Server: DawnGlory
    My Gear
    YouTube channel
    Mayhem Forum
  • magicsabre
    magicsabre Posts: 167 Arc User
    PvP server situations:
    1. One player do quests, other (in most cases high level best geared character) kill him.
    2. Event time: all event just for high level high geared players. All other must be far from their territory, or else ...
    3. It is interesting, who will drop items often: those who kill (high level player with best gear) or those, who killed ?

About PvE oriented ... pwi has high priority for PvP, PK, NW players ...
  • shade13
    edited December 2015
    rocky19 wrote: »
    This PVP and camping you speak of happens in primal world because that's the only place endgame toons go and do their dailies, and even then we usually don't kill random white names with the exception of hostile factions ofc. So the concept of "camping lowbies" is not really a valid argument. This doesn't affect the entire player base imo

Exactly. As I said, I play with multiple chars and I didn't have many problems (except rarely and occasionally).
    But this mindset "he can camp me, so he will" and "he will surely kill me because he can" is hard to change.

PS: To be honest if you are on a PVE server, you have a very good chance of getting killed as a random white name because there are very few white names and ppl wana go ham on them when they see one.

Can't agree more, if you are neutral faction player without large kos list, you are much safer whitenamed on pvp server than whitenamed on pve server. It's sad ppl don't understand that.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User
    rocky19 said:

Server situation currently is, people login to do a blood daily - stare at their afk toon - get some sort of motivation to do temple and give up after room 2 because it's boring as **** - cheer faction mates on their forums to do TW because they can't TW due to **** times - rinse and repeat.

This is so accurate it's scary.

And I just finished with all my blood dailies so now I have even less to do.

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User

True story. mouse-2.gif

Well, I remember from the times the Lycaeum was first introduced. Many players refused to do it because they had to be in PK mode to even activate it. Even though many players offered various solutions on how to get into PK mode without the hours and how to navigate around with no risk of losing any items, or even leaving safe zone for the matter, some players decided to give up on the instance altogether. (Speaking of which, I'm tired of all these broken events/quests that don't work right on PvE servers.)

I don't mean to disrespect them by bringing this example, but this is why I think way too many PWI players would quit the moment the servers become PvP. Hence, I think the best solution would really be to turn one or two servers into PvP and allow server transfers. The problem is whether PWE can do it or want to do it.

​​
  • shade13
    We had perfect layout for easiest solution: they should have merged 2 pvp servers together. What's the point of trying to balance us for NW if it's still awfuly disbalanced?​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • sylenthunder
    However, in my opinion, the pure PvP servers sucked. All I saw were people who sunk lots of money into the game killing people who didn't. That's not PvP.

I have a feeling we played different games. I had been playing on lost city since 2009 till merge. I didn't get my r9r upon log in and was a non competitive noob for a really long time. And I didn't suffer at all. There were rare cases of hunting players on quests, so rare, that I remember just few of them. I lvled all my alts without any gear questing outside sz and hzd no problem.
    Only time when it was dangerous for lowbies to come out is when pvpers decided to fight in a popular quest places. That you could easily wait out.
    We had non rpk guilds and many many players who didn't agro all that stirs (actually there are only few who do that). Not everything that is white named was considered as a target.

Maybe it's impossible for PvEish servers population to understand how is it - you go out whitenamed, encounter whitenamed ppl and.... they don't attack you tiger-11.gif
    But trust me, it was so.

We apparently played different games. Or you just freaked out because of the first small pk accident.

No, I gave it a real shot for several weeks, but not being able to even leave Archosaur gates without being ganked is what killed it. I tried it for a month, but not a single time was I able to leave Archosaur. I rolled a couple of other toons, but as soon as I hit 30, that was the end of my questing days. So, in the middle of November 2008, I decided that spending money to keep playing on a PvP server wasn't worth it and went to Sanctuary.

If there had been any kind of balance to prevent the high level players from one-shotting all the low level players attempting to play the game, it might have been different.

Anyway, back on topic guys. We're really starting to derail this thread, and I'm guilty too. normal-37.gif​​

​​
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    Can some of you stop acting like on PvE servers are forced to remain blue name and cannot change to white name anymore? If you didnt knew it I am going to tell you a big secret now. Above your character panel or whatever is called , the things that shows your face, hp, mp, chi, exp meter you have 3 buttons. One is a locket , one is a shield and one is red. Click on the shield one and there you will find your pk button. Click on it , turn white name and dont switch back to blue ever again. Your friend and enemies that were with you on PvP server can do the same. Isnt that great? Now you can go and kill eachother. I really dont get it why you would want everyone to go pk mode because you like it so much? Is like forcing everyone to eat the food you like so much, or watch the movie you like. On the other hand on the PVP servers you are forced in white name and cannot change back to blue name.
    If some of you thing that turning all servers pvp would increase the number of open pk battle is delusional. The ones that would be forced white name they will stay safe zone and only do instances . They wont go at west gate or Silver pool or Primal. I believe that open pk battle still exists. Turning everyone white name wont increase the number of players for this kind of battles.
    Some of you have problem with ppl that like only PvE. Why do you care so much what others like? Why do you care if others like killing mobs that dont do much thing? You ppl are acting the same as the ones saying:'' dont get r9r3 if you just pve''. Maybe those ppl want to get r9r3 only for pve because thats what makes them happy. Again, why do you care?
    NO the servers dont need to be made all PVP. You ppl that want all PVP servers are in minority here. The pvp servers had the smallest population. I dont like pvp. I dont like being killed by other player when I do my dailies . It doesnt matter it would happen everyday or once in a year. I dont like it at all. Forcing me in pk mode is forcing me to like being killed. And about dungeons things. Not all cities are pk protected areas. And once you get out of dungeons you are in cities were is free pk.One of this is Sanctuary.
    But I do agree to make one server PvP and ppl that want to go there can go there. But the question is: how many people will really go there.
    Forcing everyone white name wont improve the PvP part of the game. The ones that dont like it would be forced to do only dungeons and stay SZ. (And that would not be a good thing cause it snot their choice. Its a difference when people can chose to stay SZ and do only dungeon and when they are forced to do so.) So you would have the same ppl that you are pvp with them now to pvp with them if servers will turn PvP.
    Conclusion: Stop crying over spoiled milk. It is what it is. Go pk mode and pk with ppl that like pk mode as much as you do.
    giphy.gif

• shade13
    bloodedone87, this game is not designed to be pve. Some of its content is ruined becasue of pve status (rw for example, alliances point is lost).
    Ok, I don't care those ppl. Then it turnes out I don't care 99,9999% of the people on server, we play on empty server!
    And if we are all pvp, we have to care everyone, and learn to cooperate with each other anad help each other. Yes and pk each other. But as I stated, it's impossible to prove that pvp server is not what you think, it was possible to do your quests there daily without being bothered at all.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • booker27
    booker27 Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Many people from lost city went blue name just saying. Those people wouldnt show up for pk even if they had their pvp server back. And no im not talking people from small unknown factions that nobody cares about and prolly have nirvana gear anyways. People that want pvp server are really the minority and most of them just miss the time when they could surprise attack or surprise gank the people they hate from enemy factions. If people cared so much about pk they would run around white name forever.

Didnt TT have big pk at resource wars until people decided to go blue name? If people truly want pvp they can make pvp. But pvp in pwi is dead its all about egos and making sure they have an almost guaranteed chance to win by outgearing or whatever otherwise why even try.

• sylenthunder
    Thanks for starting this. I was going to split the posts off the other thread since it's really off-topic there, but haven't had time to until just now. I'll split them off and merge them into this thread in a minute.​​

​​
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    Because that's how china wanted their game to be.

Other than that, no idea, people who want to pvp can pvp. People who don't, don't.
    Which is fine in my opinion, but I guess some people need to stroke their egos about killing other players.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• sylenthunder
    edited December 2015
    This discussion was created from comments split from: We've Been Nominated!!! MMO Site Readers Choice Awards! Vote Now!.

Well, technically I just played around, split them off and then merged them into this thread, but you get the idea.​​

​​