Nation Wars: The Information

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Imagine my surprise. The areas I marked in red that have a very high ping, and are dropping packets......
    That's all PWE's network there.

A bit of a noob here, but this mean the lag comes from PWE's end, yes?

I've noticed I often get higher ping than usual (from my usual 400-500 to 750+) during NW which makes the game unplayable at times. At first I just brushed it off as my internet connection just being bad (I do get at least a couple of disconnections a day, quality of the internet connection here isn't that great and quite expensive if I want better, which I can't afford for the time being) but it happens in every single NW I've been to, and it's a bit hard to believe my connection just happens to get bad when I participate in NW. There are a couple of days I skipped and my connection was pretty okay during that time period.

I know I have to do some trace routes next time during NW though.

​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    Imagine my surprise. The areas I marked in red that have a very high ping, and are dropping packets......
    That's all PWE's network there.

A bit of a noob here, but this mean the lag comes from PWE's end, yes?

I've noticed I often get higher ping than usual (from my usual 400-500 to 750+) during NW which makes the game unplayable at times. At first I just brushed it off as my internet connection just being bad (I do get at least a couple of disconnections a day, quality of the internet connection where I live isn't that great and quite expensive if I want better, which I can't afford for the time being) but it happens in every single NW I've been to, and it's a bit hard to believe my connection just happens to get bad when I participate in NW. There are a couple of days I skipped and my connection was pretty okay during that time period.

I know I have to do some trace routes next time during NW though.

In this particular instance, yes it was on PWE's end.

98% of the time, it's a node on the internet in between you and the server.
    When I initiated the trace, I fully expected the issue to be around hops 8 or 9, because that is usually the faulty node.

The problem is that over 90% of the people who have a high latency issue, just blame PWE and never bother to provide a traceroute so we can narrow down the actual source.
    Here's a fine example.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/pwi/discussion/1203574/tonight-is-a-bit-laggy​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    cross server TWs seems coded on cross-server for saturday 8 pm​​
  • capnk
    capnk Posts: 486 Arc User

Now the question is, Is National Wars really worth doing? I want your opinions about the fact that you can take part of National Wars as long as you agree you are never going to get first place.

If you go to NW for tokens, then your place doesn't matter. You'll get less tokens by not being in the winning nation, but token prices will be higher on that server so it will balance out.

I go to NW to win, and there's no point in doing so when the fight is rigged. I've already stopped going to cross-server NW. It's not fun.

I admit I'm someone who wanted cross-server NW. But it's just not going to work with the extreme timezone differences. It needs to go back to the old style of NW.

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    I only go to NW to fight people...I care 0 about our nation's result or the amount of tokens I get. As a BM, NW will never ever be worthwhile, reward wise.

The only way I get to enjoy PvP these days is thru cross-server NW, as all the competition on Twilight Temple basically quit the second they started losing, which is probably also why our server is doing so poorly in the cross-server NW, most of the geared people we once had dont play anymore.

But I mean, to the people that care about the result of the NW when you can see the very clear additional circumstances when it comes to numbers and neighbouring nations...how stupid can you be? Just play the game for fun, you know, like a game. Even if Twilight Temple were to somehow win one day, itll not even for 50% be because of our own efforts, but mostly just cuz of circumstances we dont even control.
  • kkemz
    kkemz Posts: 73 Arc User
    Please put the NW times back to where they were before merger. Most still can't play because of the times you now have it at.
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin

I really wish Nation Wars was random. I think it would have been a lot more fun if it was set up that way. Balance in Nation Wars is not really possible unless you make a lot of restrictions, but then it would put a limit on how many and what kind of people can participate. I think that is better reserved for other types of cross server events... though that is something only the developers in Wanmei can do, and our suggestions here are pretty useless for the most part unless it's something small like changing the day the event occurs.

With that said, I think Nation Wars is still worth doing so long as there are fun fights to be fought and get some tokens on the side to get back some coins for the resources you spend (charms, pots etc.). The place my server gets in Nation Wars is irrelevant to me, I go for my personal entertainment, and the amount of tokens I can get is decent enough even for last/third place.

Sunset Valley will be random and cross-server, which means you can have someone from other servers in your team and face players in your guild even! And we are working on it right now. See you guys in Sunset Valley soon! :wink:
  • limonazza
    mintsummer wrote: »
    I really wish Nation Wars was random. I think it would have been a lot more fun if it was set up that way. Balance in Nation Wars is not really possible unless you make a lot of restrictions, but then it would put a limit on how many and what kind of people can participate. I think that is better reserved for other types of cross server events... though that is something only the developers in Wanmei can do, and our suggestions here are pretty useless for the most part unless it's something small like changing the day the event occurs.

With that said, I think Nation Wars is still worth doing so long as there are fun fights to be fought and get some tokens on the side to get back some coins for the resources you spend (charms, pots etc.). The place my server gets in Nation Wars is irrelevant to me, I go for my personal entertainment, and the amount of tokens I can get is decent enough even for last/third place.

Sunset Valley will be random and cross-server, which means you can have someone from other servers in your team and face players in your guild even! And we are working on it right now. See you guys in Sunset Valley soon! :wink:

wait what do you mean? is this the pvp arena event and going to be xserver and even MIXED TEAMS LOL​​
  • mintsummer
    mintsummer Posts: 125 admin
    edited December 2015

wait what do you mean? is this the pvp arena event and going to be xserver and even MIXED TEAMS LOL​​

I won't call it "the arena". It is a relax fun place. :smile::smile::naughty::naughty:

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    mintsummer wrote: »

Oh, I forgot about that event! Well, I'll be curious to check it out, if my timezone/schedule allows me to that is. mouse-1.gif​​
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    For those wondering what Sunset Valley is it's this tank thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLNkjccWJes

Nothing too serious. You can pick one of three tanks to drive around and gear doesn't matter. You upgrade the tank by collecting items or something to unlock more attacks (each tank has 3 levels). As a reward you get War Avatar C Packs I think.
    ​​
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    WTB Army tank mount, and/ or large overhead crane...
  • kingspellcaster
    kingspellcaster Posts: 19 Arc User
    If those were what we used in tw, I'd be okay with that.
  • baseaddress
    baseaddress Posts: 202 Arc User
    Sunset Valley has been closed in China, isn't it? And PWI gonna start it here? lol
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    Umm balanced cross server PK orientated PvP please, not PWI Mario Kart. :|
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    WOW, Talk about an unbalanced cross-server Nation Wars. The only way it's going to be remotely fair, if everyone is dropped in random, like Nation Wars was done before on each server.
  • chchchchia
    chchchchia Posts: 85 Arc User
    ellavo wrote: »
    WOW, Talk about an unbalanced cross-server Nation Wars. The only way it's going to be remotely fair, if everyone is dropped in random, like Nation Wars was done before on each server.

This is exactly what they need to do. Either this or put a cap on the entry amount at like 300... but it would be best to just make entry put people into nations at random like in the past so that nations would be reasonably even in population.

As it is, being in a timezone that only benefits 1 out of 4 servers, it just doesn't work.​​
    ih8868.jpg
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB) - Dasrya (DB)
  • baseaddress
    They merged servers specially for "one nation = one server", not for randomizing, lol. Every PW version has this mode, noone has a random one. So, forget about it, QQers.
  • limonazza
    rofl 300 how braindead is that

really other servers' population is this low?
    on Da our own nws had 150 to 200 player attendance per nation egg-1.gif​​
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    @limonazza No it wasn't that low, but the cross-server nation wars lowered it even further due to the timezone. Well DA had more people in NW in general before the war front expansion from what I have seen, but not at such difference as it is now.
  • jeaniepo73
    jeaniepo73 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Congratulations PW on making the game sucky.. If you wanted people to stop playing MISSION COMPLETE..! NW is a joke there should be at the very least a player limit idk maybe 500 because being out numbered by double makes it pretty much impossible to play.. So gratz on making the game ****.. have a nice day
  • razzzza
    razzzza Posts: 456 Arc User
    darkonome wrote: »
    PWI Mario Kart. :|

That sounds amazing.​​
    m5k9ne4c.jpg
  • drago11
    drago11 Posts: 17 Arc User

Congratulations PW on making the game sucky.. If you wanted people to stop playing MISSION COMPLETE..! NW is a joke there should be at the very least a player limit idk maybe 500 because being out numbered by double makes it pretty much impossible to play.. So gratz on making the game ****.. have a nice day

^ This. I think it's best to just stop going to nw altogether.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    Or you know.we can all just ganking Dawnglory server in NW : p
  • baseaddress
    edited December 2015
    *skip*
  • solamnie
    solamnie Posts: 24 Arc User
    Didn't get my tokens. Was in Frost Nation, had a score of around 4.3k, earned between like 21:10 and 22:20, didn't dc, but no tokens, while another person from Twilight had a similar score and earned 45 tokens.
  • limonazza
    Or you know.we can all just ganking Dawnglory server in NW : p

you tried you tried

when you did 2 out of 3 nations got baselocked egg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gifegg-2.gif​​
  • ellavo
    ellavo Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If you are having issues of getting zero tokens even for having been in NW....

Quote:
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear wrote: »
    All you need to have, is to accumulate 5mins of 'Fighting Time'

At the end of the battle, when the victory or defeat message is displayed. Open the map window by pressing 'm'. Look of the top right to check of "Fighting Time" count (NOT Battlefield Time). Whatever the timer displays after hitting the refresh buttons, that's all you will get.

That timer, "Fighting Time", is the one and ONLY thing that you need to keep track of during the entire nation war.

Amount of credit is completely irrelevant.
    Winning or losing nation is completely irrelevant.
    Class is completely irrelevant.
    Kills is completely irrelevant.
    Wherever you leave early or join nw late is irrelevant.
    Sexual orientation is completely irrelevant.
    Apple or Orange is completely irrelevant.
    Wherever you like hugs from behind or not is completely irrelevant.
    Wherever you are from Narnia or from Westeros is completely irrelevant.
    Winning one battle is.. erm.. relevant. But its only one win in 2hrs!

If you are keeping track of the timer and still dont reach the 5mins of fighting time when there is still 20 mins to go for nation war,
    (i) go to bridge battle and smack the towers
    (ii) or go to a capture the flag battle and smack the npc
    for cheap-as$ fighting time.

The battle has to end before the end of nw for the fighting time to count.
  • baseaddress
    What do you know about hardest NW rekt ever?

• limonazza
    800 vs 100 vs 100 vs 100 ? XD​​