Etherblade crash?

Options
tuttle
tuttle Posts: 254 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Support Desk
So doing NW - doing pretty well - suddenly DC - thought it was my net - go to log back in and Etherblade showing me as server down, and when I try to force log it says im already logged in?

Finally after about ten minutes I'm able to log back in - WEIRD...anyone got any explanation?

Comments

• nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Options

anyone got any explanation?

Yes, maybe. This is just a guess as the information provided is not nearly enough for real analysis.

1) There was a very high packet drop rate between you and PW for a period of time resulting in packets being unable to reach PWI and vice-versa.

2) The server didn't register you as having disconnected and had an open session that might have been "stuck", trying to solve whether or not it was online or offline. This is possibly because of a bug in the PW server where it did not know how to handle your specific disconnection case. It's called an "edge case." Every so many minutes the server cleans these left-over dead sessions, which would account for the time.

I'd guess number 1 is more likely, but I've also seen suggestions in how PW works, that they may have not accounted for certain disconnection cases. So number 2 is plausible.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • yooortje99
    yooortje99 Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    > 1) There was a very high packet drop rate between you and PW for a period of time resulting in packets being unable to reach PWI and vice-versa.

And how would I be able to solve such a problem? I've been having a problem like this and I can't seem to fix it
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Options
    yooortje99 wrote: »
    > 1) There was a very high packet drop rate between you and PW for a period of time resulting in packets being unable to reach PWI and vice-versa.

And how would I be able to solve such a problem? I've been having a problem like this and I can't seem to fix it

Start with reading the Sticky Threads.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!