Nation Wars: The Information

Comments

• blankfanclub
    blankfanclub Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I think they've made a good compromise as far as scheduling goes. Can't please everyone (timezone), unfortunately. However, a poll for cross-server random grouping would be interesting to see!
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    dingo488 said:

@limonazza someone told me u got embarrased so much last week that u had to spend 100m so you didnt have to PvP this week to save face, next thing u know ur server is gonna think ur bad too when they see ur losing to +10 ppl with A cards again :( that was never our intention, Im sorry, it wont happen again <3

That said we fought Tideswell this weekend, Astrelle's idea...we basically had 30 ppl in every battle against their 30, too bad our 30 were way stronger, since we were literally fighting G16 ppl so the battles were extremely boring, I guess the strong people of Tideswell were fighting Etherblade, no vid this week, o well, maybe Ill have more fun next week :( </p>

first of all, he bid only 1 big note.
    secondly, he got asked to do it, which i kinda disliked because i need his gear - sorry - skill on the battflefield.
    thirdly, we did not lose to 10 people, you seem to be too self-focused to actually realize the other squads of your server, especially the duskblade army.

4th) i read your nation chat, the entire time. asterelle gave questionable commands and you guys were busy blaming him and each other - later even insulting each other, rather than trying to fight. i also cant see how you did "well" against flame, you did not do well, you sometimes managed to go around the corner for 10 minutes just to get pushed back again.

5th) we sent our weaker squads to fight your server, simply because after our experience, out of all the 3 american servers you guys were BY FAR the most disappointing. and about the "numbers" excuse...LOL! you act like there is no playerlimit per battle, you simply just lost them. also you had 60 people in your base at one point.

shoutout to Tideswell for being very friendly so far and to Etherblade for giving me a headache on the battlefield, you guys are fun to fight! keep it up and see you next week <3

special greets to Weakness (Ti Seeker) <3
  • classicbeauty
    classicbeauty Posts: 62 Arc User
    I have played pwi for a few years and thanks to the schedule change I can now play NW for the first time. I am quite happy with that. I understand that others now have lost the opportunity to participate, so maybe one of the NW's can stay as it is, while one is changed to suit other players?
  • tidesuxbadly
    tidesuxbadly Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    why do you wanna go to NAtion Wars anyway? a 2 hour cha rm **** for 30 lame tokens? who cares what time is it, it's not worth it so for me they can stick that evenT up theirs... i didn't care spending 2 hours for 300 to 400 tokens, now they lower it to 30-50 .. the hell is in their heads ? cow dumps?
  • koudelkamorgan
    koudelkamorgan Posts: 140 Arc User
    I'll never do nw again, not that did before, because I have better things to do at 11am on the weekends. I don't personally know anyone that plays this game that early on ANY day, so my faction just stopped doing it too. Most of them would do it every week at the 8pm time (which was always a bad time for me personally) but now I don't know anyone that still goes.

IF I enjoyed it I'd prefer it to be at 6pm, the day doesn't even matter at that point. As it is, the constant vote message spam and cross server horns ensure I barely log in anymore.
    samus_forum_tag_by_artbyanarchy-d5nz2ih.png
    I Aim To Misbehave
  • dblazen1
    dblazen1 Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    why do you wanna go to NAtion Wars anyway? a 2 hour cha rm **** for 30 lame tokens? who cares what time is it, it's not worth it so for me they can stick that evenT up theirs... i didn't care spending 2 hours for 300 to 400 tokens, now they lower it to 30-50 .. the hell is in their heads ? cow dumps?

Either you're doing NW horribly wrong, or you still think the tokens didn't get raised for cross-server.
    I'm going with the latter to give you the benefit of the doubt.​​
    Jws3dXe.gif
    The only fitting image for this forum.

• limonazza
    limonazza Posts: 332 Arc User
    dblazen1 wrote: »

Either you're doing NW horribly wrong, or you still think the tokens didn't get raised for cross-server.
    I'm going with the latter to give you the benefit of the doubt.

man TT geared cleric afk-alt of a main player i know got 150 tokens last NWs, how did you even get 30 actively playing it​​
  • jillburns96#6648
    jillburns96#6648 Posts: 7 Arc User

I think they've made a good compromise as far as scheduling goes. Can't please everyone (timezone), unfortunately. However, a poll for cross-server random grouping would be interesting to see!

You must really suck then. I get 80+ tokens on my alt just getting one shot. No charm needed
  • blankfanclub
    edited November 2015

You must really suck then. I get 80+ tokens on my alt just getting one shot. No charm needed

Never complained about tokens. I get 290+ per NW since they raised token purse and I'm in Twilight Temple server (4th place almost everytime). Good to know you're one of those players who can afford to bring alts in NW. Good for you. :D

• blankfanclub
    Actually, I did complain about the token but that was when the token purse was 78k (cross-server) and even then I'm sure I was making more than you @jillburns96#6648
  • jillburns96#6648
    jillburns96#6648 Posts: 7 Arc User

Never complained about tokens. I get 290+ per NW since they raised token purse and I'm in Twilight Temple server (4th place almost everytime). Good to know you're one of those players who can afford to bring alts in NW. Good for you. :D

Making an alt and leveling it to 100 in a few days then spending another few hours to level the culti cost me nothing. I can afford free all day long. And standing there with no gears, no charms, and a free mob drop weapon getting 1 shot gets me 80+ free tokens.

Oh, by the way, I too am in HH server.
  • blankfanclub
    That's all beside the point. I was only agreeing to one of the comments someone suggested about randomized grouping and ceraintly wasn't complaining about the current token purse. Thanks, though, for providing more details regarding your no-gear-no-charms-mob-drop-weapon alt. It obviously works well for you.
  • mutename
    mutename Posts: 4 Arc User
    This is the third weekend I try to enter cross NW, but I can't. I have all the requirements (been doing NW since day 1). But now, with the xserver nw, when I speak to General Helian I get disconnected :(
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    So, my friend tells me they're getting 12k latency in NW (6k actual since in-game reading is round-trip), so I run a trace figuring that it's either my ISP again, or one of the nodes in New York that always spikes at night....
    C:\Users\SylenThunder>tracert pwieast3.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwieast3.perfectworld.com [198.49.243.17]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
    2 24 ms 19 ms 20 ms 76-250-208-3.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net [76.250.208.3]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 27 ms 22 ms 25 ms 12.83.32.133
    5 31 ms 31 ms 29 ms ggr4.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.133.33]
    6 29 ms 28 ms 28 ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [213.248.87.253]
    7 80 ms 48 ms 45 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.246.19]
    8 51 ms 51 ms 51 ms bost-b1-link.telia.net [80.91.248.193]
    9 54 ms 51 ms 52 ms internap-ic-304640-bost-b1.c.telia.net [62.115.38.110]
    10 76 ms 50 ms 119 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    11 54 ms 51 ms 52 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    12 52 ms 50 ms 53 ms 198.49.243.250
    13 764 ms 759 ms 749 ms 198.49.243.253
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 52 ms 52 ms 52 ms 198.49.243.17

Trace complete.

C:\Users\SylenThunder>tracert pwieast3.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwieast3.perfectworld.com [198.49.243.17]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
    2 18 ms 17 ms 21 ms 76-250-208-3.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net [76.250.208.3]
    3 * * * Request timed out.
    4 22 ms 23 ms 22 ms 12.83.32.133
    5 29 ms 28 ms 30 ms ggr4.cgcil.ip.att.net [12.122.133.33]
    6 27 ms 27 ms 28 ms chi-b21-link.telia.net [213.248.87.253]
    7 47 ms 45 ms 43 ms nyk-bb2-link.telia.net [80.91.246.19]
    8 52 ms 51 ms 51 ms bost-b1-link.telia.net [80.91.248.193]
    9 50 ms 51 ms 50 ms internap-ic-304640-bost-b1.c.telia.net [62.115.38.110]
    10 51 ms 51 ms 50 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
    11 52 ms 53 ms 51 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
    12 51 ms 51 ms 50 ms 198.49.243.250
    13 820 ms 795 ms 786 ms 198.49.243.253
    14 * * * Request timed out.
    15 * * * Request timed out.
    16 53 ms 52 ms 53 ms 198.49.243.17

Trace complete.
    Imagine my surprise. The areas I marked in red that have a very high ping, and are dropping packets......
    That's all PWE's network there.

Note: Hop 2 is in Ohio, and that node does not return ping requests. It's not a sign of an issue.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • limonazza
    had lag spikes and invalid skills in cross server NWs​​
  • neoesus
    neoesus Posts: 18 Arc User
    I had a bad bug in cross server NW.
    After i've win with all mate a crystal map, we go out.
    When i went to go on another land , i can't , i really can't to go on another land on strategic map . I've to reconnect after close and launch again Arc for fix this bug and can again to go on another land.
  • limonazza
    egg-2.gif

gg HHoorah PJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.pngPJSalt.png

6ek6z6.jpg

EU>NAcl PJSalt.pngegg-2.gif​​
  • drago11
    drago11 Posts: 17 Arc User
    The new nation wars is great and all but there are many serious problems with it, first of all being the times. Times cannot be changed so I personally don't have anything to say against it. The problem i have is that PW decides to put the two nations with the most people opposite each other. This is all fine and good but what chance does that give the other 2 nations? When a nation has about 200 people more than another, we could literally send our whole force to them and they still have other people to defend the other nation. Regardless of gear and other stuff the numbers just aren't right.

One solution that we have talked about is doing the wars like we did them on our own respected servers. Group the nations by soulforce so that way nations will have generally even numbers and there will be more of a chance for anyone to win instead of it always being the same servers. Also, along with this I thought that it might not be possible to put people from different servers into the same nation for issues of integrity and account problems. If this is not possible then could there be a possible player cap? That might sound unreasonable because we want everyone to have a chance to attend and have fun and not just the first few players to get there, but what other choices do we have? At this rate NW will eventually become a dead thing for some servers and at that point what fun will anyone have? There needs to be a serious change to this before that happens.
  • limonazza
    edited November 2015
    6ek6z6.jpg

200 more than another? problem is NAcl teams are playing it really bad
    we have similar amount of players of etherblade and we even pushed them in the second hour while baselocking both light and dark

we are just better egg-1.gif

4Head.pngPJSalt.png​​
  • drago11
    edited November 2015
    Post one before the end of NW
  • drago11

Talk about even numbers huh
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    drago11 wrote: »
    The new nation wars is great and all but there are many serious problems with it, first of all being the times. Times cannot be changed so I personally don't have anything to say against it.

When will ppl realise that you can't satisfy everyone with time? For me personally current time is just perfect tiger-44.gif
    Whatever you suggest and whatever is decided, there always will be crowds of angry ppl, who are absolutely displeased with timing.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • drago11
    Which is why this post is not about changing times. Times cannot be changed, no point even talking about them.
  • kittyempressa
    kittyempressa Posts: 268 Arc User
    As far as Kitty remembers the numbers, about 10 mins before the end of NW Tideswell had 340, TW had 380, EB had 452 and Dawnglory had 578. And most of the NW Tideswell had the disadvantage of 50 players camping in the base.

Kitty's Tideswell-POV to this NW:
    (Kitty did participate 'cause she wanted to make a certain nabby DG-seeker die but she never found him)

After around 20 mins into the NW Tideswell started playing more and more according to commander's strategy, though we had an issue with couple squads trying to push towards middle regardless of orders. And around 1-hour-mark we had pretty much both west corners conquered while DG and EB were focusing more on TW. But then we lost those lands quick when both EB and DG sent full 30 to pretty much every battle and Tideswell was baselocked at 1hr 15 min mark. But then commander switched strategy and we began gaining lands again, but it wasn't enough against those numbers, pretty much 250 fighting against 600+ at once. Tideswell fought well for a brave (grave) defeat.
    ​​
    4ovsoib.jpg

Kitty's gone. She gave up on PWI. And she's a black metal Kitty naow.

Kitty's Youtube-channel("Kitty does eet"-series and much moar): KittysamaRT
  • perrion
    perrion Posts: 165 Arc User
    Pathetic. You actually feel pride in that "accomplishment"? It's like winning a boxing match where your opponent is missing an arm. You're that sad that you'd feel the need to gloat over such an empty victory?
  • royalchief
    royalchief Posts: 1 Arc User
    Last couple of week we have been taking part of the new National Wars Cross-Server, and for some reasons (time zone/less players/etc..) some server have been really suffering this event. Now the question is, Is National Wars really worth doing? I want your opinions about the fact that you can take part of National Wars as long as you agree you are never going to get first place.

Proposal: If time cannot be changed, then Random National Wars, its still going ot be Cross-Server but fair. Thanks
  • catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    I really wish Nation Wars was random. I think it would have been a lot more fun if it was set up that way. Balance in Nation Wars is not really possible unless you make a lot of restrictions, but then it would put a limit on how many and what kind of people can participate. I think that is better reserved for other types of cross server events... though that is something only the developers in Wanmei can do, and our suggestions here are pretty useless for the most part unless it's something small like changing the day the event occurs.

With that said, I think Nation Wars is still worth doing so long as there are fun fights to be fought and get some tokens on the side to get back some coins for the resources you spend (charms, pots etc.). The place my server gets in Nation Wars is irrelevant to me, I go for my personal entertainment, and the amount of tokens I can get is decent enough even for last/third place.
  • limonazza
    edited November 2015
    perrion wrote: »
    Pathetic. You actually feel pride in that "accomplishment"? It's like winning a boxing match where your opponent is missing an arm. You're that sad that you'd feel the need to gloat over such an empty victory?

tideswell and twilight temple came after us (or at least tried to) pretty much whole nws (mostly first hour) leaving free wins to etherblade and then etherblade tried to push us in the middle aswell
    causing for the first hour etherblade score close to dawnglory while ti and tw were rekt already

second hour we baselockd both ti and tw, left there couple of teams to keep them lockd (at this point they realized there was no hope against da and they started to attack et aswell) and we pushed et too egg-1.gif

it was the accomplishment of winning a boxing match against 3 opponents actually
    4Head.pngPJSalt.png​​
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    edited November 2015
    If you guys don't stop the e-peen battle and insulting each other (and each other's servers), I'll just remove all of your comments from the thread and lock them up in a box somewhere.

Keep it to the facts, and keep the insults and blaming each other out of it. You want to trash each other, go take it to PM's in the game, make friends on Skype or whatever voice/chat client you want to use. Get it the hell out of this forum.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
  • darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    A lot of people from Tideswell didn't really go this weekend due to 2x drops and 3x exp perhaps, I went to Sat but skipped Sun. I think it can still be fun as our server does really well, on Sat we came 2nd place with the 2nd lowest amount of people, but as time progresses people will get tired of getting ganked to hell.

Da having at times almost 200 more people than any other server is pretty jokes but when you think about it they are almost three servers combined into one with the German/French servers and then Harshlands too so the numbers advantage makes sense, and ofc it's at peak time for them so they have all their best geared players etc and although we too have quite a few EU players, myself included, we have a lot of US people that can never make it.

I hope they can bring out Cross Server TW/Treasure Island soon, so some of our US timeslot players get some cross server PvP fun also.
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457