Heavenfall COMPLETION

124»

Comments

• catgirldesu
    catgirldesu Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    It's not worth it for me. Considering the time and effort you have to put into it, the rewards are bad. I have to force myself to do it though for that little chance at the level two Star Chart materials.
    Not to mention that I don't like the tower at all. It's boring. I had to literally drag myself through it last week. Unless I was recording for a tutorial video, I gave the bare minimum attention and effort to it (and died sometimes lol).

I might consider doing all 108 levels one more time, but after that I will probably just do 55-ish levels or so on each toon (I have to do it on two) and call it a day. Or rather... call it a week I suppose. The tower is probably the first new instance that I genuinely dislike. It's kinda like Cube in a way, except more annoying. Yeah, I don't like Cube either, but at least I didn't need to step in there again after farming my necklace. It's just not something I enjoy doing, but I'm glad other people are enjoying themselves.

• darkonome
    darkonome Posts: 253 Arc User
    My thoughts exactly, I hate cube and this is like cube just more repetitive and takes longer, and totally solo. What happened to the MM part of MMO. It just sucks because you can get so much Star chart stuff from it. Like an average of 50-100xp and high level astropira stuff, but that's fair I guess the people that have the gameplay time to fit it in every week should benefit from it.

I guess I'm just being dramatic and could probably fit it using 30min chunks each day, but I think the way the buffs work it's more time efficient to do the instance straight with no breaks? As when you get to like level 70+ and use the buffs to get through the rooms quicker you lose them if you leave and have to farm up points again when you come back the next day?
    DarkSkiesx
    Tideswell
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    youtube.com/darkskiesx
    http://mypers.pw/8/#373457
  • chary
    chary Posts: 850 Arc User
    The buff points stay the whole week.

Honestly, I thought it was going to have way more variety than it does and I'm disappointed it doesn't.​​
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
    I personally like the solo content. I agree it wasnt as interesting as i had hoped (i honestly thought 108 different challenges) but its fun. If i was playing seriously i would do it every week. As things are now i might do a few levels here or there but i won't focus on it. The chance of level 2 pearls is a real motivation.
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Guess im gonna go demon and stat full dex to finish faster :( Seems like there's not many options to increase this speed, even the 2nd time around I take over 3hrs :D The only thing I can think of is increasing ur crit rate, seems dex is the only stat that stays relevant with the instance buffs.

Tip: watch a movie on 2nd screen while doing this **** :p Seeing how painfully easy it is you shudnt need to pay any attention to whats actually going on on ur screen
  • shade13
    shade13 Posts: 633 Arc User
    I can't say I totaly dislike the instance even though it's repetitive. I'm patient. But huge HP of mobs on higher lvls is a bit annoying.
    Managed to finish it without extra buffs farming, deaths or fails and it's a bit tiresome to make decisions in every room (about buffs tiger-2.gif And that you can't set a bot and have to fully concentrate and focus on DDing and react fast, else you will fail the quest. Meh. It resembles working more than having fun pig-27.gif
    Other than that it's not too bad.
    ​​
    Sg4FlzA.png
  • yghb
    yghb Posts: 23 Arc User
    They need to put a different reward for when you are 105 x 3 already.
  • eirghan
    eirghan Posts: 1,912 Arc User
  • zoldickun
    zoldickun Posts: 197 Arc User
    I second that as well...
  • joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    IDK if it's cause maybe i'm still a semi-noob, or my gear, but having a helluva time gettin past room 9. :( I'm not full T3 still, I've been farming buff points, can get 3 bosses down, then something stupid happens, like i hit the pot bar shuffle by accident, and i start teleporting, lol, then by the time i fix it i die. saving fire dude for last seemed like a good idea. i can usually get away from the other aoe's, circle and blast. I know once i get past this, i can probably move along better. maybe killing faster will help. i like the stackable attack and defensive buffs and that the points stay through the week. something different to try and take a break from dailies. i'm a seeker, so if anyone has any hints i'd appreciate it(btw, i've been calling myself a semi-noob seeker for almost 4 yrs now :) that is all for now.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    joshuason said:

IDK if it's cause maybe i'm still a semi-noob, or my gear, but having a helluva time gettin past room 9. :( I'm not full T3 still, I've been farming buff points, can get 3 bosses down, then something stupid happens, like i hit the pot bar shuffle by accident, and i start teleporting, lol, then by the time i fix it i die. saving fire dude for last seemed like a good idea. i can usually get away from the other aoe's, circle and blast. I know once i get past this, i can probably move along better. maybe killing faster will help. i like the stackable attack and defensive buffs and that the points stay through the week. something different to try and take a break from dailies. i'm a seeker, so if anyone has any hints i'd appreciate it(btw, i've been calling myself a semi-noob seeker for almost 4 yrs now :) that is all for now.

The order you are doing it is ok, I also left the fire boss for the end.
    The thing is that in my opinion those 2 rooms (9 and 18) are some of the most annoying ones on all the tower.
    When the fire boss trow his skill at you, a crystal like thingy will spawn at some part of the room, you need to run to that crystal to save yourself. Other option is to use absolute domain or an invincibility item like Pan Gu essence, sutra, etc.
    Also those same buff you farm on the tower, there is one that take 5 or 10 points and gives you invincibility for a few seconds i think.

And talking about other annoying boss...

In my opinion the most a annoying boss is actually Zen Ji Serpent Witch. Most of people say that is easy and you need no strategy and in fact that is the problem. Zen Ji at difference from other bosses is the kind of enemy that you need to use
    brute force to kill. so if the player is squishy and/or have not farmed the instance for a lot of time is real pain to kill.

Another thing that I really dont get is how some people beat the full tower so fast, I mean i understand that some players can be really smart and/or OP but there are rooms that no matter how good the player is are kind of time fixed like the Challenge of the Protectors that one no matter what I do it always will take like 5 minutes, and even if the challenge you get is in random order, I will always get one of each before every boss so thats like an hour doing just that challenge so i dont get it. :D

• joshuason
    joshuason Posts: 47 Arc User
    rieihdius said:

joshuason said:

The order you are doing it is ok, I also left the fire boss for the end.
    The thing is that in my opinion those 2 rooms (9 and 18) are some of the most annoying ones on all the tower.
    When the fire boss trow his skill at you, a crystal like thingy will spawn at some part of the room, you need to run to that crystal to save yourself. Other option is to use absolute domain or an invincibility item like Pan Gu essence, sutra, etc.
    Also those same buff you farm on the tower, there is one that take 5 or 10 points and gives you invincibility for a few seconds i think.

And talking about other annoying boss...

In my opinion the most a annoying boss is actually Zen Ji Serpent Witch. Most of people say that is easy and you need no strategy and in fact that is the problem. Zen Ji at difference from other bosses is the kind of enemy that you need to use
    brute force to kill. so if the player is squishy and/or have not farmed the instance for a lot of time is real pain to kill.

Another thing that I really dont get is how some people beat the full tower so fast, I mean i understand that some players can be really smart and/or OP but there are rooms that no matter how good the player is are kind of time fixed like the Challenge of the Protectors that one no matter what I do it always will take like 5 minutes, and even if the challenge you get is in random order, I will always get one of each before every boss so thats like an hour doing just that challenge so i dont get it. :D

Yes, i do have some sutra in the bank and i'm aware of the invincible instance skill. since i have plenty of points farmed, i'll give it 1 more shot n just use the instance buffs and i have some shining pills(save my SoT's, used up a few :/ ). like i said, last attept i hit the bar toggle key just above tab by accident. i know about that ice thingy, just sometimes it's too far away, and normally i hav a supply of sutras on my pots bar ready, and AD sometimes doesn't respond fast enough since you have to pick on it. but thanks for the reply, and now i'll be anticipating room 18 as well. it's 2x but i don't have much time to farm, so i'll try and get as far along on Heavenfall before it resets. and BTW, Happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone! :) Oh yes(@rieihdius), i'll have to see which is Challenge of the Protectors to see what you're talking about. i'll maybe farm the previous floors to see if it comes up. Thank you. :)