Importing old PWI files to Arc.

So, for some unknown reason I failed to download PWI using Arc for 4 times, support center didn't give a solution that helped, so I looked up in my old backup driver and found an old version (backup created on 1/1/2014).
However it contains the files for the game only, not installer, so I extracted the files and put them in a folder, and for testing the files I started the launcher and it updated the launcher then opened the patcher, I restarted my computer (for some other programs updates), then I tried to launch the game again to patch but it opened Arc and told me that I have to redownload the game. I already tried to use scan for games and it didn't detect it (probably because it's just files that exist but not "officially" installed on my system), and tried manual adding the game but also didn't work (tried adding launcher/patcher/client).
Anyone knows how to fix this without having to download the client over? I really doubt my bandwidth will allow downloading another 10GB.
Tagged:

Comments

• sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    The client files should be in the game folder where Arc installs the game clients. The folder should be named PWI_en.
    If you have that going, run ArcRepair.exe and it "should" recognise the game install and add it. (Technically, there is no "installer" for the game as it needs zero registry values to run. The install just unpacks the files and makes the shortcuts.)

If that fails, just make a shortcut for patcher.exe and add the argument "arc:1" (source) Then you can run the client without the Arc bloat.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • severos95snape
    severos95snape Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    My current setup:
    Arc download directory: D :/Program Files/
    PWI client directory: D :/Program Files/PWI_en
    tried running ArcRepair.exe and didn't do anything, tried to scan for installed games and didn't do anything.
    The reason I want Arc is mainly because I was told Arc gives free blessing or whatever the item name was :/
  • sylenthunder
    Is Program Files where Arc installs a game when you download?
    You can totally use codes without using Arc.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem​​

​​
  • severos95snape
    It works magically now, no idea what happened but it works.
    However I have to update from v 765, any idea how much is that? 2GB??
    also where do I get the free codes? or they no longer give them??
  • sylenthunder
    Stickys with the codes are in the General Discussion forum.
    Probably close to 1.5GB. I forget how big the latest large patch was, but I've posted it somewhere.​​

​​
  • severos95snape
    Ok, I think there's a small problem with my patcher, it was stuck at 0% forever but downloading files, and suddenly it jumped to 25%, same thing happened from 25% to 50%. isn't there a way to see a more smooth progress? it's quite frustrating to not see the progress :/
  • mikkmoo#3175
    mikkmoo#3175 Posts: 1 New User
    how do I download the pwi files (folder)
  • sylenthunder
    Ok, I think there's a small problem with my patcher, it was stuck at 0% forever but downloading files, and suddenly it jumped to 25%, same thing happened from 25% to 50%. isn't there a way to see a more smooth progress? it's quite frustrating to not see the progress :/
    1. Don't necro threads.
    2. Don't forget to exclude the client folder from your AV software.
    how do I download the pwi files (folder)
    Using Arc.​​

​​
This discussion has been closed.