Update Problems

efi3134
efi3134 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Support Desk
recently there was an update.
afterwards i tried to log in and it shows me "Your current client program version is low. Please exit and update"
and so i did. but it keeps on poping every time i try.
and on the update bar at the luncher (on the bottom right side) it shows me "Unable to proceed update"
can someone help me :'( ?

Comments

• nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User

Open up the task manager and close any instances of PWI (elementclient.exe) you have running. Then try to run the update again. The "Unable to proceed update" message usually appears when PWI is running.

If doing this does not resolve the problem, press the "Verify" button on the patcher.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • luvs2play
    luvs2play Posts: 23 Arc User
    All sudden some File is Corrupted even after a successful Update @ about 3:00 a.m. this morning (PST). Why is this sudden 'corruption' taking place? I 'Verify' at start of every couple months, just-because-I-know-better than to trust ARC's futility in keeping track everything correctly. If I am forced to uninstall/re-install entirely, I just may not come back. GWII looks fun than pay2play2win anyhow
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    luvs2play wrote: »
    All sudden some File is Corrupted even after a successful Update @ about 3:00 a.m. this morning (PST). Why is this sudden 'corruption' taking place? I 'Verify' at start of every couple months, just-because-I-know-better than to trust ARC's futility in keeping track everything correctly. If I am forced to uninstall/re-install entirely, I just may not come back. GWII looks fun than pay2play2win anyhow

That's what happens when you don't exclude the client folders from your antivirus software. False positives are common with older clients like this, and that will corrupt/lock/delete important client files. (Known issue since 2008)​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • norezal
    norezal Posts: 7 Arc User
    Okay, so when opening my patcher it also gives med the message of being unable to patch. I have never had this bug before, and currently I've run the game daily since December 2014. As I have not changed my computer, or my virusscanner, and the fact that another computer in my home has the same problem only worse (it cannot even open arc, while adressing the same issue), I would assume that it should not be my anti virus that causes the problem.

What I have tried:
    The above solution expressed by nrglg
    Restarting my computer
    Going through the entire PWI perfect world folders and launched everything that could be launched

I have not tried to reinstall the game yet.
    My computer have win 10, if that does any difference.
    The other computer mentioned runs win 7 and have previously run PWI without any problems at all.

It may be that this could have been fixed by manually patching the game, but as I read in another post, it seems that they do not make those patches public anymore. I've searched all of arc forums for this problem, and googled it too. Writing here is my last solution for trying to not make a reinstall which may not even fix the issue.

Also, even though there should be nothing wrong with the anti virus, I will try to exclude the folders and so on, just in case something odd has happened in the mini update from the 24'th, (as opposed to nothing odd has happende with any other update at all). But that will have to wait for tomorrow.

Hope to hear something soon, as I am now missing out on the log-in event '-.-
  • nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Try flushing your DNS, as the cached path to the servers might be bad, by opening up command prompt and entering this...
    ipconfig /flushdns

Also make sure to run verify 3 times as has been expressed many times before; because verify doesn't catch problems until you run it a few times for some reason. Short of that, reinstalling would be the next troubleshooting option.​​

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • norezal
    edited November 2015
    I already spam clicked the verify, and the flush did nothing. I suppose I just have to reinstall PWI, and if that does not work, I'll re uninstall everything including arc, and then reinstall everything... :(

Edit: Also, I did try to make my anti virus make an exception for PWI, and obviously, that did not work either.
  • norezal
    Reinstalling the PWI game removed the problem.